Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Isn't it time to disable the indirect gold making of Draenor garrisons?

It's been many years since that expansion and it's kinda lame being able to make gold with those subsystems. I believe the game should just shut down those systems in terms of gold making because after a point it becomes a chore to be able to go back to ancient expansions and make gold which gives benefits to the actual end-game of a current patch.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's been many years since that expansion and it's kinda lame being able to make gold with those subsystems. I believe the game should just shut down those systems in terms of gold making because after a point it becomes a chore to be able to go back to ancient expansions and make gold which gives benefits to the actual end-game of a current patch.
    Nah. You make an insignificant amount of gold comparatively, and it's a method for people who can't play the AH or gather to get gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

You can't make raw gold from Garrison missions so it doesn't contribute to any inflation.
    You don't have to farm old content if you don't want to.

Haven't been able to make decent coin from garrisons in years
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

You want to shutdown gold from all the past expansions as well? Might as well make it so you can earn gold only from Shadowland stuff. I mean that's basically what you are talking about with the garrison. You make gold from the profession medium/small buildings by putting in work. You can make more farming in a hour than you can from one building if you wait for all the orders to come up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You barely make anything, what would even be the point to stop people from making the tiny amount they do?

This is a very silly idea. Gold income from garrisons is negligible.

Considering all the gold people have put into upgrading their Garrisons by getting all the recipes and upgrading the plots, that seems like a bad idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love all the people that say there's no gold to be made from garrisons, or that the amount of gold is negligible. Keep preaching that!

However, both the mop farm and wod garrison are a priority item on my alts as I'm leveling them. The income from both, especially when having an army of alts, is still freaking insane. Best part: I can do both while essentially afking - sitting on the phone for a meeting, or watching a movie with the GF, etc.

Not sure what Blizz can do about either without just removing them though and I think that would be way over the top.

Edit:
    Hmmm, maybe I should have gone with what the other side is saying and said: You can't make any gold with the garrison these days!

Wasn't there a recent story about a guy making a ton of gold from running like 50 garrisons?

I'm not sure how relevant that is to removing gold or not, but thought i'd bring it up.

You take away my bag making supply chain and I will beat you with a murloc.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    You take away my bag making supply chain and I will beat you with a murloc.
    Sssshhhh, hush now.

Realistically you can make around ~300g per day and char from the garrison (down from 400g before with SL nerf to several NPC prices) of pure, guaranteed, freshly generated NPC income. Additionally there are some (more or less) valuable items from missions you can sell on the AH (most of the vanity items like the pets and mounts are worthless now, but the garrison ressource cache as well as the tradable epic follower upgrade gear can pay some gold).

But let's not claim this is just "free", it still takes around 2-3 minutes to log in, complete your missions, go out collect and send work orders and complete your profession CDs, and sort through the junk you are getting and managing your ressources. Times ten it means you spend 30 minutes collecting ~5000g, while for sure this isn't shabby there are also other ways in the game making you more gold in less time, so I don't see how this would be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I love all the people that say there's no gold to be made from garrisons, or that the amount of gold is negligible. Keep preaching that!

However, both the mop farm and wod garrison are a priority item on my alts as I'm leveling them. The income from both, especially when having an army of alts, is still freaking insane. Best part: I can do both while essentially afking - sitting on the phone for a meeting, or watching a movie with the GF, etc.

Not sure what Blizz can do about either without just removing them though and I think that would be way over the top.

Edit:
    Hmmm, maybe I should have gone with what the other side is saying and said: You can't make any gold with the garrison these days!
    Well the thing is that you aren't really making a lot of gold though. Sure you can make some "decent" gold from the garrison if all you are going to do is just log on, grab a few things and log off. If you did other activities during that same amount of time you'd end up coming out ahead with the other activities.

Let's say you plant 16 Songbells (only profitable item) and Motes sell for 16g each (going by my server) and takes you 10 minutes total with picking and collecting. Then you can get 256g for that particular farm now multiply that by say 6 toons for a hour and you'll be at roughly 1,536g for that time. Now if you farmed an old Cata+ Raid you could get that amount in half the time depending on instance and such.

The same principle applies to the garrisons as well. If all you have is enough time for a 5 or 10 minute spurt here and there then yeah it can be "profitable" but there are definitely a lot better ways to get that. For instance, you could go farm and skin mobs in that 5 or 10 minute frame in different expansions and end up with more. Like looking on my server Knothide Leather is 11g a pop. So you could make more farming leather than you could planting on a farm.

This is just with some quick math and inefficiency. People who dive into this stuff more could probably come up with some 6k/hour (1k/10 minutes) method.

Edit:
    "I make a little amount of gold by making bags out of my garrison ressources and think i'm a genius with some sort of "secret gold making strategy"."
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Edit:
    THe bolded is the key part. You need to have an army of alts to make a significant amount of goild. Hardly anyone has that and most of those that do don't care to continue making the effort. People who are doing what you do are a negligible number of players and hardly worth disabling something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    "I make a little amount of gold by making bags out of my garrison ressources and think i'm a genius with some sort of "secret gold making strategy"."
    LOL feel better now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    THe bolded is the key part. You need to have an army of alts to make a significant amount of goild.
    Yep I explicitly added the part you bolded for that reason. Good for you for getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Hardly anyone has that and most of those that do don't care to continue making the effort. People who are doing what you do are a negligible number of players and hardly worth disabling something.
    Look at you pulling unsubstantiated conclusions out of your ass again.
    Rollin' rollin' rollin', keep those doggies rollin'

If something "becomes a chore" for you, it doesn't mean it should just be removed. If you're not interested in going to WoD garrison anymore, that's fine, but this is not a reason to remove something. Just mvoe on and forget about it, make gold elsewhere.

WoD Garrison's were awesome when the expansion was live. Right now? You can earn faster doing WQuests from the paragon caches lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    You hardly make gold with the Draenor Garrison.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..