Page 1 of 2
LastLast

launch date clarification

Hi. Was checking on line and still do not understand when EU players will be able to play shadowlands. Is it the night between monday 23/ tuesday 24, at midnight, or is it the night between tuesday 24 and wednesday 25 at midnight ?
    On the blizzard site it is said at 12.00am of tuesaday but honestly that does not help me at all since I am used to 24 hours clock so starting from 00.00 am up to 24.00 pm

12 AM is considered to be midnight, which means 2400 hours.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskpanther View Post
    Hi. Was checking on line and still do not understand when EU players will be able to play shadowlands. Is it the night between monday 23/ tuesday 24, at midnight, or is it the night between tuesday 24 and wednesday 25 at midnight ?
    On the blizzard site it is said at 12.00am of tuesaday but honestly that does not help me at all since I am used to 24 hours clock so starting from 00.00 am up to 24.00 pm

12am tuesday = the transition from monday night into tuesday morning

according to https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...es-november-23 it's November 24 at 12 a.m. so you can calculate to your local time

24:00 does not exist, it's 00:00. If you're using 24 hour time, there's no AM or PM suffix either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask yourself this question: If a movie starts at 20, does that mean it starts at 20:00:01 or 20:59:59?

If you think the answer to that is super obvious, then ask yourself if the game launching the 24th means that it launches at the start of the 24th or at the end of the 24th?

But the map answers the question the best since it has the date-divider-line.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Midnight between Monday and Tuesday, just like last two expansions and Classic. Most likely Blizzard pick that date cause it's as far away from weekend as possible.

There is always a time based line on the map of the release date,deaw your conclusion from there, it is very simple.

It's 00:00 UTC. The timezone is kinda important. And it's global, with America effectively getting it on the 23rd, so take a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's 00:00 UTC. The timezone is kinda important. And it's global, with America effectively getting it on the 23rd, so take a guess.
    Actually its 23:00 UTC on the 23rd, 00:00 CET on the 24th (Paris time).

But the map is really all you need, it has a date divider and times with timezones. Anything to the right of the divider is on the 24th, anything to the left on the 23rd. Central Europe is right at 0:00, ie. the swap between 23/24.

Never ceases to amaze me how people still can't tell time. It's up there with not knowing how to count money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post

But the map is really all you need, it has a date divider and times with timezones. Anything to the right of the divider is on the 24th, anything to the left on the 23rd. Central Europe is right at 0:00, ie. the swap between 23/24.
    Ah, right. Somehow had 00:00 UTC in my head. Still, the time zone is rather important, especially if you live in a place with one of those more unusual ones.

ya'll acting like MMO-CHAMP won't put a counter on the front page letting everyone know when it drops in their area........ if they do this for Blizzcon, it'll be done for expansion releases.

think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    ya'll acting like MMO-CHAMP won't put a counter on the front page letting everyone know when it drops in their area........ if they do this for Blizzcon, it'll be done for expansion releases.

think about it.
    There's already one on the official site anyways. Just looking at that should have cleared things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post

If only that was true.

Spain is left but it's using CET

be online monday night atleast 3h or more before midnight in eu if you expect to be able to log in. preferably sooner. expansion will launch at 0001 usually with a pop up quest. this is for EU.

You don’t seem to understand how the 24 hour clock works so I’d just find a timer

Quote Originally Posted by Dackstrus View Post
    12 AM is considered to be midnight, which means 2400 hours.
    wow.....its 0000 wtf is the 2400 hour it ends at 2359 there isnt a 2401 its 0001

- - - Updated - - -

with the 24 hour clock you dont add : it just makes it confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    If only that was true.

Spain is left but it's using CET
    Well timezones aren't "lines", they are areas, I hope people from Spain know that they share the same timezone as Paris, which is marked =)