Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will Nathanos in the Shadowlands have his original human body?

Like, he's dead. It's just his soul going to the shadowlands. Forsaken corpses dont come with them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Like, he's dead. It's just his soul going to the shadowlands. Forsaken corpses dont come with them, right?
    Next thing you know is that we will meet him in 9.2 as a blue boi Kyrian participating killing Sylvanas later in 9.3 because he forgot who she is.

Depending on where someone ends up, they may allow someone to choose what form they take - for example, Maldraxxus & Kyrian, whatever form allows them to fight or serve best would probably be the one they would let them take.

I mean, we know where Nathanos will end up. The system is broken so everyone goes to the Maw, which is exactly where he wants to go anyway because that's where Sylvanas is. As to whether he'll be Original Nathanos or New Nathanos, it's hard to say. I expect logically he'd be in his original human body, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to reshape his form as he sees fit given how many other souls have been able to do so; and that could mean seeing him in the same body he died in, or something entirely different.

If Nathanos is able to chose any form he wants, he'll turn into a copy of the jailer, maybe that way Sylvanas will turn her atention to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Next thing you know is that we will meet him in 9.2 as a blue boi Kyrian participating killing Sylvanas later in 9.3 because he forgot who she is.
    That would actually be pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh (not Grom) got his body back as you can see from that one Afterlives short, so i'd think Nathanos gets his body back so he can be Jailer's Anima Battery
    Last edited by SinR; 2020-11-15 at 06:50 AM. Reason: oops i got the wrong hellscream
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    isnt everyone going to the maw now?

Danuser won't delete his own pretty model so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Yes. But details!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Grom got his body back as you can see from that one Afterlives short, so i'd think Nathanos gets his body back so he can be Jailer's Anima Battery
    Grom shows up in one of 'em? Which?

Or did you mean Garrosh, the locked up boi in Revendreth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Grom shows up in one of 'em? Which?

Or did you mean Garrosh, the locked up boi in Revendreth?
    Oh yeah, Garrosh. Wrong Hellscream
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Garrosh (not Grom) got his body back as you can see from that one Afterlives short, so i'd think Nathanos gets his body back so he can be Jailer's Anima Battery
    Where did Garrosh's body go that he "got it back?" I think the OP is saying that Nathanos should be in a different body because he isn't currently in his body. He's technically using his cousin's body because his was decayed too much, but it doesn't matter since they said the cousin looked pretty close to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be interesting to see. I thought this initially. Would also his soul be free from being a dick? Would he revert back to his pre-death personality?

It seems not though, as quest text from Lor'themar (after killing Nathanos) states that Nathanos was the way he was (personality wise) even when he was a human ranger. I would have love to seen Nathanos' soul in the Shadowlands shed of the dark magic and "dark attitude" that made him the way he was.

But I guess he was always a prick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    Would be interesting to see. I thought this initially. Would also his soul be free from being a dick? Would he revert back to his pre-death personality?
    He was more or less the same, just that it prob got a bit worse when he became undead.

Even Sylvanas seems to have been a bit of an ass while she was alive, and got worse once she died.

If I recall, the short-story mentions Nathanos originally had red hair, right?

Well, the world hates men with red-hair anyways, but also that would make him completely unrecognizable to most players, so I suspect they're just going to stick with the look we're already used to now, maybe touched up a bit.

I still find Sylvanas's look new kind of bizarre, though. She looks even more "lifeless" than she did before, which honestly makes me question if they are intended more for her? I wouldn't be opposed to Sylvanas not just "getting killed as a raid boss". I just don't want some sort of "redemption arc", either. Maybe once the Jailer is killed, she is burdened to spend all of eternity overseeing the Maw, and she willingly accepts this punishment, something like that? I dunno, I just hate seeing villains just immediately "killed" all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I was thinking the same thing as that is what we are going there to fix lol

Yeah but he was sent into Revendreth. The Maw is probably a lot worse.

I wonder if he'd use his actual body instead of his cousin's like he currently does. Probably the latter since I doubt they'll make another model for him.

What do you mean "got his body back"? When did Garrosh ever get a different body? Wasn't he always a brown-skinned orc?