Macro to check Hunter Pet Skill Tomes

Since there are 5 different pet families that require tomes to tame in Shadowlands and I couldn't remember which ones my hunter has learned, I made a quick macro to check. I thought I would share it with everyone.

It will list each of the 5 families. Then it will have a Yes if you already know the tome or No if you have not learned it yet.

/script a={'Blood Beasts','Direhorns','Mechanicals','Feathermanes','Cloud Serpents'}; b={288956,138430,205154,242155,340826} for c = 1, 5 do print(format('%s: %s', a[c], IsPlayerSpell(b[c]) and '\124cff00ff00Yes\124r' or '\124cffff0000No\124r')) end

Cheers!
    Last edited by Immortalnite; 2020-11-15 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks for the macro but i think the cloud part is off:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Thanks for the macro but i think the cloud part is off:
    Elegon is a Spirit Beast, afaik and not a Cloud Serpent.

Cloud Serpents is account wide so the macro doesn't track it correctly if you learnt it on a different character. otherwise it's very handy

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Elegon is a Spirit Beast, afaik and not a Cloud Serpent.
    Yeah I went and bought and learned the cloud serpent book again and it still says I don't know it. I also have gotten tamed the blood pets as well.

Blood Beasts, Gargons, Cloud Serpents, Undead, Ottuks, Dragonkin, and the fireowl Nah'qi are tracked with a hidden account quest.
    Direhorns, Mechanicals, and Feathermanes are tracked with a per-character spell.

I found two working macros and combined all of them into one:

/run for n,i in next,{BloodB=54753,Gargon=61160,CloudS=62254,Undead=62255,Ottuk=66444,Dragon=72094,Fireowl =78842,Direhorn=138430,Mech=205154,Feather=242155}do print(i<99999 and C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(i) or i>99999 and IsPlayerSpell(i),n)end
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2024-01-28 at 03:13 AM. Reason: added Ottuks, Dragonkin, and the Mythic Fyrakk fireowl unlock
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Blood Beasts, Gargons, Cloud Serpents, Undead, Ottuks, Dragonkin, and the fireowl Nah'qi are tracked with a hidden account quest.
    Direhorns, Mechanicals, and Feathermanes are tracked with a per-character spell.

I found two working macros and combined all of them into one:
    It seems that the check for Tome of Dinomancy(Direhorns) does not return the correct state if you've made a faction change on your hunter after having previously learned the tome. I assume that this is the reason. I have a Direhorn tamed, and the hunter I checked on, it is the same hunter that I learned it on. The only thing that could cause it to fail is the fact that I changed factions on said hunter a few years back.