Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    There is easy way to distinguish server side lags from ISP or computer lags. Simple thing. If it would be ISP or computer lags, I would have them everywhere. But if I have lags in world boss location, but don't have them in other, then may be it's server lags? Or fact, that not everything lags. For example NPCs don't lag, other players running around don't lag. My abilities and looting lags. I.e. only things, that involve DB. It's obvious server problems.
    To be clear, I wasn't arguing otherwise.
    INTERMITTENT AVAILABILITY - PM ANOTHER GLOBAL PLEASE

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Don't want any of that 3.2b they made through MTX to go to the game but towards their christmas bonus.
    They can't make that 3.2b if the game doesn't work. So, this nonsense is nowhere near the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ANd we can stop right here. I don't take either of those two seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

ANd all the plyers says they aren't noticiing server side lag either. So it is a him problem.
    It has nothing to do with taking them seriously. Were talking about the gameplay, not what they do or say. It has nothing to do with Swifty or Asmon at all actually. Watch any streamer that farms rares, they all experience the same problem. All of them. As in everyone, including you. This problem isnt native to WoW only. The majority of games experience this when 100 to 200 players standing in a 5 yard radius start blasting spells with massive visual effects and tens thousands of attack - defense - health and stat modifiers triggering every second. This is a everyone problem, anyone denying it is in denial. Why? Beats me, maybe God knows.
    He who angers you conquers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeorgaki View Post
    It has nothing to do with taking them seriously. Were talking about the gameplay, not what they do or say. It has nothing to do with Swifty or Asmon at all actually. Watch any streamer that farms rares, they all experience the same problem. All of them. As in everyone, including you. This problem isnt native to WoW only. The majority of games experience this when 100 to 200 players standing in a 5 yard radius start blasting spells with massive visual effects and tens thousands of attack - defense - health and stat modifiers triggering every second. This is a everyone problem, anyone denying it is in denial. Why? Beats me, maybe God knows.
    Well pof coruse there is a problem because you have a ton of people in one place. It's not a server issue, it the issue of your PC having to render all that at one time. I have NEVER had any lag of any kind. WHy? Because when I play there is never more than 20 people at one time. You are playing on a packed realm with a ton of other players and your PC is struggling to render it. Nobody is in denial. We just aren't pointing to something it is not in order to bash Blizzard because we don't have an understanding of how IT works.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    This is an ongoing issue for nearly the whole lifespan of the game now, but it feels like it got even worse in BfA.
    Look at the pre expansion event: Each time one of the rares spawn there are like 100 players around and it gets impossible to actually use abilities simply because of lag (lag, not fps issues, don't mix that up). Everyone is just running on place without actually moving, the rares teleport sometimes from place to place and bag and then they die without actually doing anything.

Like this just feels SO bad. Either fundamentally improve the structure of the game so that events like this can be handled or create those events in another way (Scenarios perhaps?)
    Its a bit unfair, because the game is really old, but during those events you really FEEL how old it is.

Edit: For everybody who still does not understand what is going on, I have created the following video:
    As you can see, my FPS are fairly ok (around 50-60 FPS at this place, even with the big number of players around as well the fact that I am recording my screen at the same time).
    You will also see that my FPS stay this way for almost the whole fight, but when you look at my ability bar you will see how my abilities get pressed but don't actually get exectured. You can see other players talk about this exact issue in /say in German during the fight.
    Then suddenly close to the end my whole screen freezes. This was new, I never had this before and it was not something I initially talked about, but also here you can see players talk about it right after the kill is done in /s.
    After checking with around 20 of them, it seems like every single player on this kill was affected by this, not just me.

Also Asmongold stream capture about this (doesnt matter if you like him or not, this is about the technical issue):

And to point this out again, this is not an "this event only", as e.g. Nazjatar PVP events and Korraks Revenge are also affected by this.
    I don't know what it is about your little example of you lagging that annoys me most.. The mechanical clacking of you smashing your keyboard for abilities already registered, or the fact that you are backpedalling/running like an idiot the whole time.

Anyway, to the point. I agree to an extent. Although I really think it should be fixed in the direction of fixing servers rather than removing world events. It would be impossible to make anything remotely challenging or fun with 2-3 sec input lag.

Well pof coruse there is a problem because you have a ton of people in one place. It's not a server issue, it the issue of your PC having to render all that at one time. I have NEVER had any lag of any kind. WHy? Because when I play there is never more than 20 people at one time. You are playing on a packed realm with a ton of other players and your PC is struggling to render it. Nobody is in denial. We just aren't pointing to something it is not in order to bash Blizzard because we don't have an understanding of how IT works.
    Wrong, there are people with high-end computers that dont suffer any FPS-drops while rare-farming but they experience lag.

As we already concluded on page on of this thread, it isnt a client-side issue.
    Dont let your urge to defend Blizzard everywhere blind you from obvious problems.
    Last edited by Baneto; 2020-11-17 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    To be clear, I wasn't arguing otherwise.
    I don't argue with you - I just wanted to add, that there are some clear signs of server lags. Last time, I had ISP lags, was back in WotLK. I had packet loss, that was causing 300ms ping. Anyone here has to understand, that if there is 1000ms delay between button press and server respond and it's caused by ISP routing or packet loss, then it just HAS TO affect ping, because I don't think, that Blizzard use separate ICMP protocol to calculate ping to their servers. They have some internal time-stamps to calculate it. So, if packet route is 1000ms long, then ping should be 1000ms too.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I've killed dozens of rares and have experienced no lag. Ryzen 2600, amd 570, 16gb of cheap ram and a budget ssd. It's prob a you problem.
    You do realize of course that your PC has nothing to do with lag occurring server-side because there's too many players using too many abilities at once, right?

There is no such thing, as "not packed realm" now. I was playing on such realm back in WOD. Not because I wanted to get rate things, like rare mounts, for free without any competition. But because overcrowding and exceeding competition breaks my immersion and spoils gaming experience for me. Because things like instant mob respawn take PRish things, like feeling, that I do something meaningful, away from me. But since Legion we have CRZ everywhere. I.e. it's Blizzard, who decide, how overcrowded world should be. And I'm not sure, if this system is fully automated or there is human, who decides, when to open new shard, but Blizzard tend to overcrowd their shards. That causes both lags and bad gaming experience. And I also don't know, if this problem is caused by good intentions, such as "We want our world to feel alive", i.e. to make an illusion, that many players play this game, like several thousands, not 2-3, or it's just pure greed, i.e. they just refuse to dedicate more servers and try to pack existing ones far beyond comfortable level.

last night i've been killing rares for hours and the lag was way less than a few days ago, so maybe they changed something on the server side to reduce the lag.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    There is no such thing, as "not packed realm" now. I was playing on such realm back in WOD. Not because I wanted to get rate things, like rare mounts, for free without any competition. But because overcrowding and exceeding competition breaks my immersion and spoils gaming experience for me. Because things like instant mob respawn take PRish things, like feeling, that I do something meaningful, away from me. But since Legion we have CRZ everywhere. I.e. it's Blizzard, who decide, how overcrowded world should be. And I'm not sure, if this system is fully automated or there is human, who decides, when to open new shard, but Blizzard tend to overcrowd their shards. That causes both lags and bad gaming experience. And I also don't know, if this problem is caused by good intentions, such as "We want our world to feel alive", i.e. to make an illusion, that many players play this game, like several thousands, not 2-3, or it's just pure greed, i.e. they just refuse to dedicate more servers and try to pack existing ones far beyond comfortable level.
    Except there is. My realm never has more than maybe 20 people around a rare at one time and I have never experienced any lag of any kind. Also, it would be the height of stupidity to add more servers for what is only going to be happening for a week not to mention a huge waste of money.

If I go my my experience on my realm, all your claims would be false as I would not call this over crowded in any way. You are trying to project your experience on everyone else.

Except there is. My realm never has more than maybe 20 people around a rare at one time and I have never experienced any lag of any kind. Also, it would be the height of stupidity to add more servers for what is only going to be happening for a week not to mention a huge waste of money.

If I go my my experience on my realm, all your claims would be false as I would not call this over crowded in any way. You are trying to project your experience on everyone else.
    This is painful ...

I do not need to explain myself any further what a hypocrite you just made of yourself.

There is one thing to be ignorant, but to wear it as a badge of pride is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    This is painful ...

I do not need to explain myself any further what a hypocrite you just made of yourself.
    But I am not a hypocrite. In fact, I never said he wasn't having his experience. What I said is that my experience is different than his. He made a claim that there is no such thing as a non packed realm anymore. My realm disproves that because it isn't packed.

Hypocrite does not mean what you think it means.

Nobody is talking about rendering or FPS related issues here, please read the first post of the thread again.

Nobody is talking about rendering or FPS related issues here, please read the first post of the thread again.
    But the fundamental point stands. YOu have a ton of people in one spot. It's isn't because of server problems. It's because a ton of people are in one spot spamming the same abilities at the same time. I haven't seen that issue. Why? Because we don't have nearly as many people at one mob as you do. So, throwing a temper tantrum and screaming "FIX NOW BLIZZ" is a waste of time.

But I am not a hypocrite. In fact, I never said he wasn't having his experience. What I said is that my experience is different than his. He made a claim that there is no such thing as a non packed realm anymore. My realm disproves that because it isn't packed.

Hypocrite does not mean what you think it means.
    Youre calling out the guy for one thing while proceeding to do the same thing yourself, yes thats being a hypocrite.

I even bolded the parts to make it more clear to you.

But the fundamental point stands. YOu have a ton of people in one spot. It's isn't because of server problems. It's because a ton of people are in one spot spamming the same abilities at the same time. I haven't seen that issue. Why? Because we don't have nearly as many people at one mob as you do. So, throwing a temper tantrum and screaming "FIX NOW BLIZZ" is a waste of time.
    And do you know why that is a problem? Because the servers can only handle as much at once.

Just acknowledge it is a problem on Blizzards end just once, it wont hurt you I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Youre calling out the guy for one thing while proceeding to do the same thing yourself, yes thats being a hypocrite.

I even bolded the parts to make it more clear to you.

And do you know why that is a problem? Because the servers can only handle as much at once.

Just acknowledge it is a problem on Blizzards end just once, it wont hurt you I promise.
    I am not calling anyone out. I am point out that his experience isn't everyone else. Also, it isn't a problem at Blizzard's end because that is going to happen regardless if you pack a ton of people in one spot becauzse there is no point in changing things on a server for an event that is only happening for a week.

Again, hypocrisy doesn't mean what you think it means.

I am not calling anyone out. I am point out that his experience isn't everyone else. Also, it isn't a problem at Blizzard's end because that is going to happen regardless if you pack a ton of people in one spot becauzse there is no point in changing things on a server for an event that is only happening for a week.

Again, hypocrisy doesn't mean what you think it means.
    Nowhere did anyone make that claim, you made it up for reasons unknown.

As for hypocrisy, I can explain it to you, but I cant understand it for you...

This logic is so twisted and shows that you actually do not really know anything about the topic at hand

This logic is so twisted and shows that you actually do not really know anything about the topic at hand
    I honestly think he is just here commenting because he saw a title that looked like it critizized Blizzard.

Anyways, we came to a conclusion on page 1 already, the rest of the pages are just filled with ignorance.