Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Haven't experienced any issues, and I play on Draenor/Silvermoon EU. I think that no matter how they go about it, some people are always going to have issues. Not always the same people neither.

Back in WOTLK I couldn't play my main for 3 weeks because whenever I logged on her, I'd get 3k MS and get booted. Could play on any other server without issue, but not that character on that server. Nobody else had my issues.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I've killed dozens of rares and have experienced no lag. Ryzen 2600, amd 570, 16gb of cheap ram and a budget ssd. It's prob a you problem.
    I'm on an Ryzen 3900x, RTX3080, and 96GB of RAM (2x32GB + 2x16GB - currently prepping to move to 128GB), 4TB NVME SSD, and the only lag I've experienced was server related, essentially batching damage updates to the rares every few seconds and then loot distribution taking a while. I get minor FPS drops, but nothing out of the ordinary.

So, FPS drops are definitely a "you problem", but lag? Not at all. That's the servers that are struggling to handle the sheer number of events that are going on. 60 players all going ham on a single mob, and a mob doing various AoE abilities to different players, and there's not many code architectures out there that can keep up in realtime. Communicating this to players is done in batches, and doing that to every player in a particular shard is fairly heavy on resources.

It's exacerbated because there's multiple shards all experiencing the same mobs at the same time (essentially a duplicate mob), with different players. If the spawn times for each shard were spread out so that a group of them started every 30 seconds, instead of all starting at the same time, then the lag would be significantly lower, but the player expectation would go outside of Blizzard's ideal situation.

Essentially, it's a choice between having a huge spike of resource usage for a short time, or having the resource usage being more average but over a longer time. I'm sure the server engineers have their reasons for engineering it the way they did.

I'd expect that the server you're on, or the shard you got placed into for a specific mob, was lower population than those that other people get placed into.
    Last edited by C20; 2020-11-15 at 04:03 PM.

Anyone saying there is no lag please record you killing an Icecrown rare and link the video...

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Sounds like more of a you problem than a game problem. I haven't experienced lag in large scale rare events in years.
    Not just him every server I am on people complain about it. Lately its been so bad its virtually unplayable when a rare is up
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I've killed dozens of rares and have experienced no lag. Ryzen 2600, amd 570, 16gb of cheap ram and a budget ssd. It's prob a you problem.
    The lag in these world events has nothing to do with hardware, it's a server side limitation on the amount of people in the same shard all using abilities and dealing damage on the same mob. There is a VERY clear difference between hardware and server lag, both manifest in very different ways.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Denying existence of server lag on rares is all new record time low for blizzsimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    You are lucky. It is the same issue we had in Battle for Nazjatar when there were multiple raids. Abilities take 4-5 seconds to go off. My eyebeam on my DH would go for about 30-40s. Early expansion this also occurred for assaults especially in Drustvar. Its a Blizz problem not a player problem. The servers just cannot handle that many players in one spot doing anything.
    Oh yes, the eye beam thing is a feature that I have on my DH all the time myself. Just 30s straight eye beams but from all DHs around me

- - - Updated - - -

because if it doesn't affect us, why should Blizzard stop creating World Events just because some People have shitty connections?
    Because it is not about the peoples connection, thats the whole issue here.

- - - Updated - - -

Irrelevant. It's an OP issue. I was showing that even with a PC that doesn't even meet the recommended specs for the game, playing at max settings by the way, it isn't a blizzard problem . If you want to play on an absolute potatoes and you are getting lag then that's hardly blizzards fault.

- - - Updated - - -

It does when it's a potato. I'm 2000km from the nearest server and my PC doesn't meet the recommended specs. Why do I not experience lag? It's an OP problem and OP should fix his own problems.
    Dude, please. You really, really have no idea what you are talking about right now. You still insist that lagging means something different than it does and it leads you to completely wrong conclusions.

- - - Updated - - -

Then it's definetly a you problem. I live 2000km away from the nearest server. I ha e a PC that is under reccomended specs. Where's my lag? I would suggest using Google to find out what your problem is. Having a cry about something that isn't Blizzards fault will not solve it for you
    The fact that you take about the PC as an issue that is about lag shows, that you must likely should not participate in this discussion as you still miss the basic understanding of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet mine doesn't, so I guess its a you and his problem.
    How many people are visiting the rares at the same time as you?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ANd we can stop right here. I don't take either of those two seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

ANd all the plyers says they aren't noticiing server side lag either. So it is a him problem.
    All the players? Really?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52810620

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52810634

Just few posts that explains it well that these issues are widespread and happen to every player in those zones simultaneously.

Just realize that the game has some areas of improvements that should be acknowledged, its not just about "bashing Blizzard".

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    Denying existence of server lag on rares is all new record time low for blizzsimps.
    You try to reason with people, but really its like talking to a brick wall that has sworn to protect against any kind of feedback.
    Last edited by Baneto; 2020-11-15 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lagged to but there WAS a crap ton of people everywhere and Blizzard's servers are top of the line so shits gonna hit a wall and start lagging.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ANd we can stop right here. I don't take either of those two seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

ANd all the plyers says they aren't noticiing server side lag either. So it is a him problem.
    Is not a matter of taking them seriously or not.
    I have seen with both my eyes major lag while they play. I already posted 1 clip from Asmongold...

Playing on Wyrmcrest Accord, I've had some go perfectly fine, and some be utter lagfests. One of my Nathanos kills was so laggy it was like watching a flip book. The others have been perfectly fine. I think it all depends on who is there, from which realms and in which combination.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost as if some people are experiencing problems, some people are not, and it's not universal for all people.

Weird.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bronjahm is ONE BIG server lag fest
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Why create anything? The servers might disconnect you so why bother creating any content.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I feel WoW is so tied to their old 15 year old servers they use, that it cannot be separated unless they make a new game. It would explain why private servers managed to do what Blizzard can't. In fact I think the servers has gotten worse since 2005 :P

By every right in 2020 servers should be able to handle that many people on screen at once, it makes me think Blizzard can't do it, not that they won't.
    WoW doesn't run on their original blade servers for long time now. They have clusters now, new tech. Servers themselves prolly can handle that except some specific networking issues thats why only some people are experiencing lags.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Does it happen? Yes. This is an issue every MMO faces, unless they're far more instanced than WoW is. The question is always "Is it cost-effective to have the infrastructure to handle these very occasional times when they get full up, knowing they'll be back to normal in a few days?" The answer is almost always "No."
    basically this.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    If you weren't handling things well on Tuesday in the large groups, it was probably not the servers. Usually isn't. However, the path to the server can be an issue, and of course, client, addons, and general computer condition can definitely cause issues.
    And networking, yes, if you got shit networking to blizzard servers that could be a problem as well. That would be your ISP fault.

10+ Year Old Account

They changed their servers only a few years ago. Hence why all the old server Blades went on sale for collectors.
    Well thats unfortunate then lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I lagged to but there WAS a crap ton of people everywhere and Blizzard's servers are top of the line so shits gonna hit a wall and start lagging.
    I dont think Wow servers have been top of the line for years . I dont see them putting a great deal of resources for servers on a 16 year old game
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on Area 52, a huge pop server. I play on a cheap laptop, and have rural internet. I never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I dont think Wow servers have been top of the line for years . I dont see them putting a great deal of resources for servers on a 16 year old game
    The problem are not the servers, it is the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say in his defense when you really get people packed in (Mostly for bag guy) the servers can chug a bit, I have had a few where it seems like about a third of my inputs get eaten. This could be a sharding issue, or a georgical location issue idk, and I will say it's not all THAT bad but it dose happen every once in a while.