Thread: Ganking

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Ganking

2x - 4x range is notorious for PvP activity during classic. From 'gank' squads roaming STV to lone Feral/Rogue in all zones. Are you going to do it and if so with what?

I will engage the other side in spirited battle. Sometimes your the big boy smashing the ants, sometimes enough ants get on you to kill you, sometimes your the ant getting smashed.

The only reason to play vanilla is ganking with an undead rogue.

ill be the one getting ganked.

I ignore enemy faction unless they are clearly looking for a fight.

Also I'll be leveling as a 5-x-5 holy smite priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    2x - 4x range is notorious for PvP activity during classic. From 'gank' squads roaming STV to lone Feral/Rogue in all zones. Are you going to do it and if so with what?
    I didn't gank in vanilla, nor would I do now. I would attack if same level or within that range, of course.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

While douchebags will still exist, I think the appeal of an open world with PvP is a lot less prevalent than it used to be. There will still be players ganking other players but because WoW classic's age range will be higher and the concept isn't as novel anymore I don't expect the same type of stuff we saw in classic, or at least not as often.

While not ganking, I used to sit in Wetlands and try to 1v1 everyone who passed by just to properly test out what my class can do and how high I could punch up, so to speak. Needless to say if I play classic again I'm not going to feel the same drive.

I'm still not sure if I want to play on a PvP realm, unless that's all that is offered. I wont be ganking because I got better things to do than to inconvenience people for the only reason being to revel in their suffering.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always liked pvp.

i like if for two things.
    a) The challenge, because it is a human being on the other side.
    b) The honor points, haha.

So i kill anything other than "greys".
    I mean, i am certainly tempted by the free kill, but then i remember i'd only humiliate myself. Plus i gain nothing.

That said, i wouldn't hesitate to gank someone on my level,
    even if he is low health in the middle of a mob.
    It is honor.

That's half the fun of Vanilla, being able to ruin someones day. I remember people rolling around in STV leveling with guild name "have sixty will camp"
    Last edited by hyad; 2019-06-09 at 11:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I typically don't gank unless it's in retaliation for something. Some exceptions depending on the situation, but I usually need more than just "your name is in red text" as a reason to gank someone.

That said, I'm planning to play on a PvE server this time anyway.

Red is dead.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Also I'll be leveling as a 5-x-5 holy smite priest
    I hope your character likes eating dirt in Darkshore.

Also will depend on how often WSG pops during leveling. PvP minded players will want to hit 60 at the max honor rank possible (6? 8?) and if they see that the only way to do so is ganking it will happen.

I'd say it depends if the honor system will be in game. If so then everything that has red name and green level is basically walking honor progress. On the other hand i never really agreed with killing gray level players so i'd probably just debuff them with whatever ability just to show them they picked the wrong faction and just walk away

Quote Originally Posted by Bublex View Post
    I'd say it depends if the honor system will be in game. If so then everything that has red name and green level is basically walking honor progress. On the other hand i never really agreed with killing gray level players so i'd probably just debuff them with whatever ability just to show them they picked the wrong faction and just walk away
    Sometimes killing a few grays brings out greens, yellows AND reds!

I like what I see in this thread!!!!!!! I am going to see you all in STV!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Also will depend on how often WSG pops during leveling. PvP minded players will want to hit 60 at the max honor rank possible (6? 8?) and if they see that the only way to do so is ganking it will happen.
    Honor ranks won't be in at release. Too bad buddy.

I will play on a pve server, wont have nearly the same time as I did 15 years ago. I don't think people remember how long a corpse run took in vanilla maybe only one grave yard per zone. I don't mind pvp on max level but I remember raids grieving lowbies in STV and a max level rogue emo backstabbing me while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    I will play on a pve server, wont have nearly the same time as I did 15 years ago. I don't think people remember how long a corpse run took in vanilla maybe only one grave yard per zone. I don't mind pvp on max level but I remember raids grieving lowbies in STV and a max level rogue emo backstabbing me while leveling.
    You level in STV for pvp, anyone who prioritizes leveling speed over pvp will not be there.

I like the danger feeling that a pvp server brings but in going pve. I've got limited time now that I'm older and just wanna chill out and level without the 5 min gy runs. If I see 2 groups flagged attacking eachother, I'll prob jump in.