Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Anyone else planning to just roll with fun-to-play talents for TBC?

    If we've learned anything from Classic, it's probably that the content is incredibly easy for modern day players. Same will likely go for TBC, even with its pre-nerfed content. TBC will be a bigger challenge but I think we can still expect casual guilds to steamroll through it without problems.

    So I've been thinking about what class/spec/build to go with for TBC and as a semi-casual I've come to the conclusion I'm just gonna pick one that is fun to play. Right now I'm leaning towards going full destro Warlock with Shadowfury, because it is just that, a ton of fun, unlike its optimal specs for PvE or PvP. I will welcome the challenge of playing sub-optimally as well.

    Will you like me just go with fun spec/builds or will you aim for the optimal ones? I suppose it all depends on how hardcore you intend to be.

  2. #2
    Since pve content will be facerolled it doesnt really matter unless u go play with a guild of speedrunners. However if u plan to climb on arena ladder ur probably gonna suck ass mate.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,862
    Yes, will continue my Hunter and continue to play Marksmanship both for PvE and PvP, cause it's my all time favorite specc in the game

  4. #4
    I've gone suboptimal specs this whole time tbh. And I will likely do the same for tbc. Likely go resto druid but with a pvpish pveish spec so I don't have to reroll everytime I want to do something different. Honestly don't care at all if I am not the best of the best at any one thing. Might respec if I plan on doing a ton of arenas just because I genuinely do enjoy the best pvp spec for resto.

  5. #5
    Content is easier but players min/max more than ever now. Never heard of people spending 20 hours of farming consumables every week on retail.

    No, TBC will have no "fun" in it.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    392
    yup, no one in my guild cares too much about performance, min maxing or anything like that. anything goes.

    So i'm playing whatever i find fun - because it's a game, it should be fun.

  7. #7
    That's what i always do and always have done - I play how the hell I want since I started playing in BC. I play the same way in Classic and Retail and always will.

  8. #8
    TBC encounters are a bit more advanced but we know the fights so in general the same, I plan on doing a ret paladin and enhancement shaman tank (which is more viable than in Classic because of shamanistic rage) so just pick what you want I say.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    No, TBC will have no "fun" in it.
    Self fulfilling prophecy.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Never heard of people spending 20 hours of farming consumables every week on retail.
    Never heard of that in Classic either so no idea what your point is. I raid every time with full consumables (No flask) and all necessary protection pots and I make enough gold for that with only 2x Transmute Undeath -> Water every day. So that's around 5-10 minutes of "farming consumables" every week.

    Nice try though.

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Misuteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    1,149
    At best TBC farming took 30-60 minutes pre-raid.

    I hated having specs that people would only let you run one tier behind because it wasn’t “optimal”.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    If we've learned anything from Classic, it's probably that the content is incredibly easy for modern day players. Same will likely go for TBC, even with its pre-nerfed content. TBC will be a bigger challenge but I think we can still expect casual guilds to steamroll through it without problems.

    So I've been thinking about what class/spec/build to go with for TBC and as a semi-casual I've come to the conclusion I'm just gonna pick one that is fun to play. Right now I'm leaning towards going full destro Warlock with Shadowfury, because it is just that, a ton of fun, unlike its optimal specs for PvE or PvP. I will welcome the challenge of playing sub-optimally as well.

    Will you like me just go with fun spec/builds or will you aim for the optimal ones? I suppose it all depends on how hardcore you intend to be.
    61 point Arcane mage was a load of fun and plan on doing it again.

  13. #13
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Content is easier but players min/max more than ever now. Never heard of people spending 20 hours of farming consumables every week on retail.

    No, TBC will have no "fun" in it.
    Nobody who isn't trash farms that much for raid consumes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  14. #14
    Nope. I really don't see the point in not using the best talent setup. Thankfully I play with like minded people as well.

  15. #15
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,731
    I feel like that's the only way really to enjoy Classic expansions. If you just min/max it you'll play for a week when raids drop then leave.

    Plus that's the whole point of having talent trees instead of talent rows, customization.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  16. #16
    The cool thing about wow talents (in any expansion tbh) is you really have to go out of your way to throw yourself in the dumpster, like specing 0/0/0 is the only way. Just using up all of your talent points is going to be good enough if your goal isn't to minmax. Therefore, specing for fun is actually the most optimal way to play.

  17. #17
    What we have learned from Classic is that we won't get the original game but a nerfed version of it. In that regard i'm pretty confident it doesn't matter what talents you pick in terms of your raid performance. People run raids naked, without any gear in Classic, in a game that is all about getting gear. You really think your talents will make any difference in TBC (if that will ever come)?

  18. #18
    High Overlord konway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Magtheridon-US
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    What we have learned from Classic is that we won't get the original game but a nerfed version of it.
    Not necessarily true for TBC.

    Blizzard lost all data prior to patch 1.12 so that was their only option for Classic. They have all of the Burning Crusade data, so they could make it 100% progressive if they wanted, right down to every single bug and talent change throughout the entire expansion.

    I'm not saying they'll go that far, but if they've learned anything from Classic then they'll at least do something smarter than giving us 2.4.3 from Day 1.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by konway View Post
    Not necessarily true for TBC.

    Blizzard lost all data prior to patch 1.12 so that was their only option for Classic. They have all of the Burning Crusade data, so they could make it 100% progressive if they wanted, right down to every single bug and talent change throughout the entire expansion.

    I'm not saying they'll go that far, but if they've learned anything from Classic then they'll at least do something smarter than giving us 2.4.3 from Day 1.
    I really, really hope that will be the case. I'm not holding my breath, though.

  20. #20
    I'm just looking forward to actually using deep prot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •