Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Will Azerite Trigger Evolution?

good day everyone

with BFA over and the information of "time flow different in the shadowlands "

i want to imagine the non-playable races will suffer a evolution like :

murlocs
    Hozens
    Gnolls
    Jinyus
    Quilboars
    Tuskarrs
    Vrykuls

What do you think will happen?

Its made of the same stuff the Well of Eternity is made from.

Its not pooled in one location though for people to keep drawing from, its spread out, everywhere, in small chunks.

My guess, while it is widespread, its not in enough concentrated quantities to trigger any evolutionary path like the Well of Eternity did.

Even if it did, like the Well, it would take centuries. We wont be gone long enough to see any changes if they would happen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Even if it did, like the Well, it would take centuries. We wont be gone long enough to see any changes if they would happen anyway.
    Much bigger issue: It's gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Much bigger issue: It's gone now.
    All of it?

I know we gathered a bunch for our necklace to heal the planet and assuming we did our job, the planet is no longer 'bleeding'.

But what about every single Island Expedition, every race on azeroth wanted a piece of it.
    The goblins mined, sold and most likely hoarded a bunch.
    A crapton of it was turned into weapons
    There are living beings made out of it

Surely its not all gone. Just the supply has stopped. The billions of shards/clusters/pools/dust/etc already here are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    All of it?
    Keep in mind that Gallywix already had a supply before Sargeras did his part. Up till then, it was inert. It stands to reason that it once again became that way now that Azeroth is healed, so the remnants are worth( )less.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-11-16 at 09:23 AM. Reason: No, that always said Gallywix. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Keep in mind that Gazlowe already had a supply before Sargeras did his part. Up till then, it was inert. It stands to reason that it once again became that way now that Azeroth is healed, so the remnants are worth( )less.
    Well she's not fully healed yet as they said she is still healing, but getting better. There's also the matter of a giant sword still impaling her so she can't fully heal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aluswina View Post
    "time flow different in the shadowlands "
    need to stop you right there. time does not flow differently in the shadowlands. ion clarified this and it's only the PERCEPTION of time that flows differently. so 1 day for us is 1 day in the shadowlands BUT will FEEL like 2 days or more.

it's weird, i know.

I've actually wanted this to happen. While we're off in wars or space or shadowlands, it would be nice if say a new island had appeared off the west coast of Kalimdor and a collective of the races we usually shit on, made their own Dark Horde and were using a huge source of Azerite to speed of their evolution.

A Dark Horde of evolved Ogres, Harpies, Quilboar, etc... on a zone size island preparing to launch attacks on the Horde and Alliance down the road, would be awesome for a ".2" patch, imo.

If Azerite can appear on islands like Zandalar and Kultiras, it can appear in many other places all over that we dont know of, so the potential for a weak enemy to be growing in strength under our nose is possible.

However... Blizzard seems to have dropped the ball with Azerite already this expansion. Besides our own interactions with it, I haven't seen any lore developments besides some people are using it to make bigger explosions and you dont even need Azerite to exist for those plots. It's main trait is to make people smarter, push evolution and such and I haven't seen that all in BFA.

Keep in mind that Gazlowe already had a supply before Sargeras did his part.
    I'm pretty sure Gazlowe did not have Azerite already stashed, much less access to it, before Sargeras stabbed Azeroth. I'm pretty sure he noticed the Azerite right away after the fight was over and has been mining it ever since, which is why he had some of it already in hands to show to Sylvanas.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm pretty sure Gazlowe did not have Azerite already stashed, much less access to it, before Sargeras stabbed Azeroth. I'm pretty sure he noticed the Azerite right away after the fight was over and has been mining it ever since, which is why he had some of it already in hands to show to Sylvanas.
    He didn’t have a stash of the stuff but he’s had a small amount of it. He had his cane topping since cata him digging it up is what destroys his island not the cataclysm. It went inert after the wound he had made sealed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There's also the matter of a giant sword still impaling her so she can't fully heal as well.
    No, it isn't. At this point, it's a plug on the wound that we don't have the means to remove nor reason to try. Best to leave it be. It's not preventing her from healing, either, she'll simply heal around it.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    need to stop you right there. time does not flow differently in the shadowlands. ion clarified this and it's only the PERCEPTION of time that flows differently. so 1 day for us is 1 day in the shadowlands BUT will FEEL like 2 days or more.

it's weird, i know.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. It's explicitly stated that the flow of time, not just perception, is different. The Death Knight responsible for providing the Ebon Blade with their mounts remarks on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    He didn’t have a stash of the stuff but he’s had a small amount of it. He had his cane topping since cata him digging it up is what destroys his island not the cataclysm. It went inert after the wound he had made sealed up.
    Sorry for just quoting the last one, but are you guys sure you are talking about the same goblin?
    Because some of it sounds like you are describing Gallywix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Sorry for just quoting the last one, but are you guys sure you are talking about the same goblin?
    Because some of it sounds like you are describing Gallywix.
    I definitely meant Gallywix, no idea how it ended up as Gazlowe.

Evolution is for the real world where gods don't exist.

In WoW - there are too many gods and wanna be gods manipulating things for it to function.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but you're wrong.
    Except no, they are not.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4w2FqtWToM&t=8m35s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMQjUIo5wBc&t=6m15s

https://web.archive.org/web/20200927...steve-danuser/
    But again, the beings that are now in the Shadowlands, both these mortal souls and these beings that are native to the Shadowlands, don’t think of time or perceive it quite the same way that we as players coming in do.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-11-16 at 09:37 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Except no, they are not.
    You're only showing that the denizens of the Shadowlands percieve it differently, not that it doesn't also flow differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aluswina View Post
    time flow different in the shadowlands "
    I wish people would stop quoting this without the entire context.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    You're only showing that the denizens of the Shadowlands percieve it differently, not that it doesn't also flow differently.
    The original point that was made was that time flows differently in the Shadowlands, based on ions statements in the first interview i linked.
    Then he came on Bellulars channel (link 2) and clarified that that isn't what he was trying to say and what he meant was that the souls perception of time is different.

Both Ion and Danuser even said that time and death are not intertwined as death is eternal and time is a product of order.
    Time passed in the Shadowlands has no effect on reality.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-11-16 at 10:09 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The original point that was made was that time flows differently in the Shadowlands, based on ions statements in the first interview i linked.
    Then he came on Bellulars channel (link 2) and clarified that that isn't what he was trying to say and what he meant was that the souls perception of time is different.

Both Ion and Danuser even said that time and death are not intertwined as death is eternal and time is a product of order.
    Time passed in the Shadowlands has no effect on reality.
    There's still clearly a passage of time in the Shadowlands. There's also Salanar commenting on time going differently in the Shadowlands. I'm not basing it on the interview.

There's still clearly a passage of time in the Shadowlands.
    i don't know why you brought this up. neither side is trying to say there is no passage of time.

There's also Salanar commenting on time going differently in the Shadowlands. I'm not basing it on the interview.
    and you don't think perceiving time going faster or slower would affect the way someone PERCEIVES time? you can use an in-game example all you want but ion and danuser are people in charge of the game with an objective look into the lore instead of being a grunt on the frontlines against the literal unknown.