What were the best years for music in your opinion/taste?

Do you guys remember the MTV years? Was it in the 2000's? I cant remember when it was T_T but IMO those were the best years for music
    "MTV fame" was a thing wasn't it?

Anyway what is your opinion?

I researched a little bit "Visualizing 40 Years of Music Industry Sales"

here:
    https://www.visualcapitalist.com/music-industry-sales/

Music industry entered a decline that went from the PEAK in 1999 all the way to 2016.
    It took 7 years...for the music industry to start growing again (2016)

Very interesting

For my genre of music, then 2008-2012. And def 2012 standing out on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Umm...OP?
    Just below; When was Music at its best?
    Crap....someone close this then...

Im so sorry...

Now. Indie scene is doing really well and you have easy access to all that came before.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

For me, personally speaking, it would be the music made between 1976-1997. Everything from Punk to Post Punk and on to Post-Rock and Hip-hop and the best metal records ever. If I made a list of my most beloved records, the vast majority would be the late-70s to mid-90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    80s and 90s for me. Best music, best movies, best video games. I'm always saying that I wish I was born in like 1970 so I could've lived through those eras to the fullest. I was born in 91 so by the time I was old enough to develop an interest in things the 90s were basically over already.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Have to get up early if you want to beat Chicken Drummer and his data gathering threads.

As I said in the other one, I'd go with the 80s and 90s, sharp decline after that.