15+ Year Old Account

Worgen confuse me

Since this is talking about the race and is somewhat lore related I threw this in here to discuss.

I get that worgen are this cross between a wolf and human due to the curse and all that jazz. I know they started out as humans (still don't get why they all have a British accent in game while humans don't lol) so they are humans first and forthright. That being said, I get really confused as to why they some times make references about themselves (not talking other NPCs like Nathanos calling Genn a dog and whatnot) being primal wolves in nature. Take for instance this line Genn makes during the Stormheim intro quest in Legion. "I'm not in the habit of tracking prey unless I intend on killing it". Tracking prey is what feral dogs and wolves do not these human wolf crossbreeds that worgen are. Yes they have their wolf form and all but they are able to communicate and have logic & reason while in wolf form and started out as humans. This is the part that makes no damn sense to me at all.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Being a worgen isn’t just a physical thing it effects the mind as well making them more aggressive and savage which Is only kept in check by the ritual they go through. Its likely
    They have adopted speech as a side event of the mental change of the curse as the ritual they use to regain there human minds doesn’t comply rid them of wild worgen bits.

Also there British because gillnaes had was a different culture then stormwind or lorderon just like any two touching country’s can have different accents.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Since this is talking about the race and is somewhat lore related I threw this in here to discuss.

I get that worgen are this cross between a wolf and human due to the curse and all that jazz. I know they started out as humans (still don't get why they all have a British accent in game while humans don't lol) so they are humans first and forthright. That being said, I get really confused as to why they some times make references about themselves (not talking other NPCs like Nathanos calling Genn a dog and whatnot) being primal wolves in nature. Take for instance this line Genn makes during the Stormheim intro quest in Legion. "I'm not in the habit of tracking prey unless I intend on killing it". Tracking prey is what feral dogs and wolves do not these human wolf crossbreeds that worgen are. Yes they have their wolf form and all but they are able to communicate and have logic & reason while in wolf form and started out as humans. This is the part that makes no damn sense to me at all.
    Their accent is Gilnean. Gilneans have a British accent to differentiate them from Stormwind humans. When they're Worgen, they can still communicate intelligently, but a primal part of their brain, the wolf part, likely influences their speech and behavior. A lot of it can be chalked up to clever wordplay with werewolf dialogue, but it's safe to say Gilneans also embraced what they originally perceived as a curse to use their enhanced strength and hunting skills against their enemies,.

Hunters track prey as well.....
    You want to learn more about worgen do/watch/read about the worgen heritage armor questline with Tess Greymane.

Also what Daemos said.

The Gilnean culture has a lot of hunting in it. Ergo, Gilneans tracked prey before they became worgen. Vulpera even have a joke about Gilnean fox hunts. That's a Gilnean thing, not just a worgen thing.

There are also worgen druids (Gilnean or not) who do have that large connection to nature, so from that respect, it makes sense to view oneself as part of nature. Other Gilneans have strong connection to their primal side, such as Crowley, and cannot regain their human form. I don't think worgen society at large consider themselves wild animals, but I think that some of them do. Given that aside from Genn, we don't have much look into worgen, and Genn is an exception even then with respect to his experience with the curse, there's not a big look into worgen culture at large, just Gilnean culture (which includes non-worgen such as Mia and Tess).

You might want to look up the backstory of Scythe of Elune, the balance druid artifact weapon, and also perhaps the Night Elf druid 'pack' form.
    These druids were the original 'Worgen'. It was a forbidden shapeshift.
    Then look up Archmage Arugal. This explains why it connects directly to Gilneas.
    Takes a couple clicks and a couple reads, rather than coming to MMOC being all how worgen do be worgen ������

Also, the accent differentiation is probably just a gameplay thing. They could've made them have the same accent, but playable Humans are Stormwind Citizens (Southern) rather than Lordaeron ones (Northern).
    It's like real life. Accents differentiate.

I think you're conveniently forgetting the REAL problem with worgen:

Why do the female worgen have one pair of breasts instead of a whole row of nipples?

You might be surprised to learn some of the spells available to hunters...

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post

What about tracking your prey is feral?

As mentioned by qwerty even hunters do it

Came across https://wow.gamepedia.com/Worgen a few days ago. Original Worgen were actually Night Elf druids. It started as a form like bear or cat form. Got banished because it was cursed. Later they infected all of Gilneas.
    So I'd think it's the Gilneas culture instead of Worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

Why do the female worgen have one pair of breasts instead of a whole row of nipples?
    I guess their curse was sexist enogh to leave them more humanoid. Also, how about vulpera females? Also tauren females? Why do they don't have udder instead of breast? Seems like human boobs are common thing among monster races.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

You haven't met some worgen furry rpers... xD

Gilneans hunt traditionally with tracking hounds and rifles often. Genn is really old and would have a lot of experience hunting the normal way. To experience the rage of a Demi-god like Goldrinn that makes even Elune grieve for the loss of such a noble heart with his descent into mad ferocity - it would be understandable how one would probably identify so strongly with that however brief the experience was. But, to be honest when interacting with this scene it didn't seem like Genn was being entirely honest - I don't think he actually hunted often, nor do I think he makes a habit of killing for sport. That doesn't seem like the kind of person he is. I think it's more likely he would just be worked up, bluffing, or putting on airs.