Quote Originally Posted by deplorable View Post
    dragoons..

just a thought. the alliance have the 7th legion dragoons... and if we go to the dragons next because a certain green one's been resurrected and the black one won't leave us the **** alone
    I would make one named Dartz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And my necromancer concept has a healing spec with blood magic.

But not healing others, which is what a healing spec does.
    It's astonishing that you don't realize how problematic that level of overlap is.

First off: false, because diseases and poisons are quite separate than one another. For example, priests can dispel diseases, but not poison. And again, if we're talking "indistinguishable", well, the DK's frost abilities are indistinguishable from the mage's frost abilities. The warlock's fire abilities are indistinguishable from the mage's fire abilities. Etc, etc.
    Yeah, but their similarities end there. You're creating what amounts to an inverted Death Knight class.

I'm actually talking about their offensive abilities. Paladins have a lot of ranged offensive abilities. Judgment, avenger's shield, holy shock, etc.
    And Priest's DPS spec is completely shadow based.

No, I'm not. I'm talking between the differences between the paladin and the priest classes.
    You wish you were.

Yeah, good luck staying in your guild's progression group after you tell them "I know I'm a death knight, but I'll just wear cloth, wield an intellect sword, and stay at range just doing Clawed Shadows, Death Coil, Death and Decay and nothing else!"

Or you can just find plate that resembles cloth.

Like I said above: good luck remaining in your guild's progression group, or even being taken seriously for M+ after you tell them "I know I'm a death knight, but I'll just wear cloth, wield an intellect sword, and stay at range just doing Clawed Shadows, Death Coil, Death and Decay and nothing else!"

You can't wield staves, you're not wearing cloth, and you're just using little more than a third of your class' rotation. Yeah, you're not a necromancer.

You can wield pole-arm based scythes, and there's plenty of them in the game. As for a "third of your class' rotation",

Single Target Outside Major Cooldowns (via Wowhead)

Outbreak if your Virulent Plague is about to fall off. You can refresh when up to 30% of the duration is remaining due to pandemic. Use Unholy Blight to apply Virulent Plague if you've specced into this talent. On pure ST, you only apply Virulent Plague with Unholy Blight!
    Death Coil if you have a proc of Sudden Doom or if you are about to cap Runic Power (80+).
    Scourge Strike if you have one or more Festering Wound on the target. Use Clawing Shadows instead if you have Clawing Shadows talented.
    Festering Strike.
    Death Coil.

https://www.wowhead.com/unholy-death...side-major-cds

Out of all of those abilities, only ONE was a melee attack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    Really?

WoW: WotLK
    Immolation Aura Demon
    64% of base mana
    Instant cast 30 sec cooldown
    Requires Metamorphosis
    Ignites the area surrounds you, causing 251 Fire damage to all nearby enemies every 1 sec. Lasts 15 sec.

WC3
    Engulfs the Demon Hunter in flames, causing damage to nearby enemy land units. Drains mana until deactivated.

Where is the mana drain aspect?
    It was designed for Warlocks. As a spellcaster you would never use a cool down that drained your mana.

WoW: WotLK
    Metamorphosis
    Instant 3 min cooldown
    You transform into a Demon for 30 sec. This form increases your armor contribution from items by 600%, damage by 20%, reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 6% and reduces the duration of stun and snare effects by 50%. You gain some unique demon abilities in addition to your normal abilities.

WC3
    Transforms the Demon Hunter into a powerful demon with a ranged attack (600 range) and 500 bonus hit points.

Where's the HP component?
    Armor boost instead of HP.

Let’s cut through the crap...

I'm talking about the Hunter being more of an axe, gun, spear-wielding class, while the Ranger a Bow-wielding class.
    That is the problem. Do you realize how many Hunter players you would anger by pulling that?

A Ranger and a Hunter wouldn't compete if they changed the Hunter class, accordingly. Like they did with the Demo Lock.
    No, instead you’ll force current Hunter players to reroll, increase the glut of melee specs, and do nothing but re-create the Hunter class with caster abilities, which would be a disaster in of itself.

Gee, I wonder why people prefer the Tinker to concepts like that.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-12-31 at 11:36 PM.

So, teriz, how are your semantics coming along?
    Still tinkering with your useless agenda?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's astonishing that you don't realize how problematic that level of overlap is.
    It's as problematic as the priest's holy spec, and the paladin's protection spec. Both heavy holy magic. In other words: it's not problematic at all. You're literally inventing issues that go against what the game has established.

Yeah, but their similarities end there. You're creating what amounts to an inverted Death Knight class.
    And this is demonstrably false. And the undeniable proof is in the link in my sig.

You wish you were.
    I know I am. And such comparison has been demonstrated to you countless times.

Or you can just find plate that resembles cloth.
    And none of that look like any of the cloth that exists in the game. But, to humor you, I'll fix my original statement: "I know I'm a death knight, but I'll just wield one one-handed sword, and stay at range just doing Clawed Shadows, Death Coil, Death and Decay and nothing else!"

You can wield pole-arm based scythes, and there's plenty of them in the game.
    "Plenty"? I'm just seeing eleven, out of... one hundred, sixty-five polearms. I'd hardly call that "plenty".

And guess what? One important part of your rotation, i.e., bursting Festering Wounds, do not happen because the ability that applies them, Festering Strike, just so happens to be a melee ability.

Again: tell me how well you'll be taken seriously for progression guilds and M+ groups.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-01-01 at 02:30 AM.

i really did read that a dragoon/dragon sworn only makes sense with a dragon form...that was serious

i get that it is part of your fan concept but that doesnt work in either
    1. lore
    2. gameplay because it changes your hit box and the ability to move through smaller places

i get that personally in your opinion you think that the class would need a dragon form but they could easily get away with a winged scale covered form similar to the fireblood and the corrupted form from the corruption gear in 8.3 which is why a shadow priest style class mechanic could really be fun over generic "rawwwr im a dragon now"

Single Target Outside Major Cooldowns (via Wowhead)

Outbreak if your Virulent Plague is about to fall off. You can refresh when up to 30% of the duration is remaining due to pandemic. Use Unholy Blight to apply Virulent Plague if you've specced into this talent. On pure ST, you only apply Virulent Plague with Unholy Blight!
    Death Coil if you have a proc of Sudden Doom or if you are about to cap Runic Power (80+).
    Scourge Strike if you have one or more Festering Wound on the target. Use Clawing Shadows instead if you have Clawing Shadows talented.
    Festering Strike.
    Death Coil.

https://www.wowhead.com/unholy-death...side-major-cds

Saying you can play a ranged unholy DK is like saying you can play a ranged Survival Hunter, it "exists" thanks to a few talent choices (and unprunning in survival's case) but it's so unoptimized and unrealized that it's functionally pointless.

One of the main mechanics of Unholy's combat is bursting festering wounds which can only be applied by festering strike a melee ability (and Infected Claws and Pestilence Talents but in the former's case you're losing clawing shadows and in the latter the case is so miniscule so small you can't really use it well in anything outside mass AOE)

Assuming you were using Clawing Shadows, Ebon Fever, Grip of Death, Harbinger of Doom, Pestilence and Army of the Dead and were trying to play 100% ranged the only method you have to apply festering wounds to any target is the 10% chance to targets inside death and decay. Those Ranged abilities are also 30 yds instead of the typical ranges of ranged specs which is 40 yds

Unholy Blight is also an aura ability which i wouldn't really classify as ranged given it's fairly limited and still centered around the caster, it's like saying Outlaw or Feral is a ranged spec because they can get slightly more range on their ability from acrobatic strikes & balance affinity

And my necromancer concept has a healing spec with blood magic.
    There is a slight issue with "Blood healing" as a concept is that Blizzard originally wanted Mistweavers to have red colored healing spells since Chi-Ji was originally their celestial but during testing it was found that Playtesters & Blizzard found the red colored healing spells confusing/weird and it was changed to the Yu'lon green we see today

Blood healing would probably have an even harsher shade of red which causes issues with communicating that this is a benefical ability.
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2021-01-01 at 03:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's as problematic as the priest's holy spec, and the paladin's protection spec. Both heavy holy magic. In other words: it's not problematic at all. You're literally inventing issues that go against what the game has established.
    It's problematic because again you're doing an inverted DK class, just ranged instead of melee. Since you can't have a ranged tanking spec, Blood becomes healing. You're also still going to have a Frost and an Unholy spec because you have to incorporate Lichs and a spec dedicated to summoning minions (Unholy). This is why Blizzard didn't bring in a Necromancer class in Shadowlands.

And this is demonstrably false. And the undeniable proof is in the link in my sig.
    Which is nothing more than an irrelevant fan concept. Blizzard wouldn't design a Necromancer class in that manner in WoW and you know it.

And none of that look like any of the cloth that exists in the game. But, to humor you, I'll fix my original statement: "I know I'm a death knight, but I'll just wield one one-handed sword, and stay at range just doing Clawed Shadows, Death Coil, Death and Decay and nothing else!"
    Why would you need to wield a one handed sword? Wield a 2 handed sword and transmog it into a Scythe.

And you're forgetting Outbreak, Virulent Plague, Unholy Blight, Gargoyle, Death and Decay, Reanimation, Epidemic, and others.

"Plenty"? I'm just seeing eleven, out of... one hundred, sixty-five polearms. I'd hardly call that "plenty".
    I'd call it more than plenty. You're acting quite entitled.

And guess what? One important part of your rotation, i.e., bursting Festering Wounds, do not happen because the ability that applies them, Festering Strike, just so happens to be a melee ability.
    Where did I say NEVER use Festering Strike? I was countering your point that you were only using 1/3 of your abilities by fighting from range. If you're attacking something, feel free to walk up to the target and hit them with festering strike. Or spec into Pestilence and allow Festering Wounds to emerge via your Death and Decay.

Again: tell me how well you'll be taken seriously for progression guilds and M+ groups.
    You'll be taken seriously just fine if you can get over using a couple of melee abilities in your attack rotations among a host of ranged abilities. When solo questing, feel free to play UH completely at ranged. No one and nothing can stop you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Saying you can play a ranged unholy DK is like saying you can play a ranged Survival Hunter, it "exists" thanks to a few talent choices (and unprunning in survival's case) but it's so unoptimized and unrealized that it's functionally pointless.

One of the main mechanics of Unholy's combat is bursting festering wounds which can only be applied by festering strike a melee ability (and Infected Claws and Pestilence Talents but in the former's case you're losing clawing shadows and in the latter the case is so miniscule so small you can't really use it well in anything outside mass AOE)

Assuming you were using Clawing Shadows, Ebon Fever, Grip of Death, Harbinger of Doom, Pestilence and Army of the Dead and were trying to play 100% ranged the only method you have to apply festering wounds to any target is the 10% chance to targets inside death and decay. Those Ranged abilities are also 30 yds instead of the typical ranges of ranged specs which is 40 yds

Unholy Blight is also an aura ability which i wouldn't really classify as ranged given it's fairly limited and still centered around the caster, it's like saying Outlaw or Feral is a ranged spec because they can get slightly more range on their ability from acrobatic strikes & balance affinity
    The point I'm making is that if you want to play as a ranged UH DK you can. You can complete quests and run dungeons playing at range and letting your minions wreck stuff and you'll do just fine. In fact, in solo play when questing when you hit a target at range, they'll run towards you anyway and force you to fight at melee range, so having things like Death Strike and Festering Strike are good things to have. There's many times when I'm playing as a caster and I wish I had some melee abilities to stop the beating I was receiving.

OBVIOUSLY if you want to do serious content and do serious DPS, you better incorporate Festering Wounds into your rotation, but seriously, it's just ONE melee ability. If you can't stomach that, you're just being ridiculous and acting entitled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i really did read that a dragoon/dragon sworn only makes sense with a dragon form...that was serious

1. lore
    2. gameplay because it changes your hit box and the ability to move through smaller places

i get that personally in your opinion you think that the class would need a dragon form but they could easily get away with a winged scale covered form similar to the fireblood and the corrupted form from the corruption gear in 8.3 which is why a shadow priest style class mechanic could really be fun over generic "rawwwr im a dragon now"
    Why wouldn't it work in lore? Why couldn't players be actual dragons disguised as the mortal races? You'd pretty much be like Wrathion, which I'm sure a LOT of players would be into.

It's problematic because again you're doing an inverted DK class, just ranged instead of melee. Since you can't have a ranged tanking spec, Blood becomes healing. You're also still going to have a Frost and an Unholy spec because you have to incorporate Lichs and a spec dedicated to summoning minions (Unholy). This is why Blizzard didn't bring in a Necromancer class in Shadowlands.

Which is nothing more than an irrelevant fan concept. Blizzard wouldn't design a Necromancer class in that manner in WoW and you know it.

Why would you need to wield a one handed sword? Wield a 2 handed sword and transmog it into a Scythe.

And you're forgetting Outbreak, Virulent Plague, Unholy Blight, Gargoyle, Death and Decay, Reanimation, Epidemic, and others.

Where did I say NEVER use Festering Strike? I was countering your point that you were only using 1/3 of your abilities by fighting from range. If you're attacking something, feel free to walk up to the target and hit them with festering strike. Or spec into Pestilence and allow Festering Wounds to emerge via your Death and Decay.

You'll be taken seriously just fine if you can get over using a couple of melee abilities in your attack rotations among a host of ranged abilities. When solo questing, feel free to play UH completely at ranged. No one and nothing can stop you.

- - - Updated - - -

The point I'm making is that if you want to play as a ranged UH DK you can. You can complete quests and run dungeons playing at range and letting your minions wreck stuff and you'll do just fine. In fact, in solo play when questing when you hit a target at range, they'll run towards you anyway and force you to fight at melee range, so having things like Death Strike and Festering Strike are good things to have. There's many times when I'm playing as a caster and I wish I had some melee abilities to stop the beating I was receiving.

OBVIOUSLY if you want to do serious content and do serious DPS, you better incorporate Festering Wounds into your rotation, but seriously, it's just ONE melee ability. If you can't stomach that, you're just being ridiculous and acting entitled.

- - - Updated - - -

Why wouldn't it work in lore? Why couldn't players be actual dragons disguised as the mortal races? You'd pretty much be like Wrathion, which I'm sure a LOT of players would be into.
    You're asking someone to cripple their damage and only do the most basic content available (dungeons and world quests) to get their necromancer fix and drop that if they want to do anything serious.

Come on man, i disagree with the addition of a Necromancer class on the basis on there just not being enough design space for such a class due to the overlap they have but i think there are other ways to impliment them (and other "classes" that exist within existing ones like Dark Rangers or Shadow Hunters) by the addition of talents (dark ranger abilities for hunters), new weapon options (warglaives for shamans) and class skins (like necromancer spell effects/summons for warlocks), i think even the most ardent necromancer adherent would be fine with such a comprimise, just look at how many people who vehemently hated Void Elves for not being High Elves and how that sentiment more or less disapeared just by giving Void Elves Blood Elf customization options (i'm sure there are still probably people who want a full fledged High Elf Allied Race but I think most have accepted Void Elves as a compromise now, i think most necromancer fans would accept a warlock skin as a compromise)

Saying that they should just play Death Knight and only use maybe half of their abilities isn't a good suggestion and just makes Necromancer (and other similar classes who you've dismissed like this) dislike you.
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2021-01-01 at 04:16 AM.

It's problematic because again you're doing an inverted DK class, just ranged instead of melee.
    As a general rule, it's the case that there are two classes (one predominantly ranged, one predominantly melee) that fall under the umbrella of any given cosmological power -- as of this moment we're notably lacking for something Death-based (predominantly ranged) and something Arcane-based (predominantly melee).

You can certainly make a case for Tinker being more unique than Necromancers, but suggesting that thematic overlap is inherently problematic doesn't jive with the fact that virtually every other cosmological power has at least two different classes wielding their power.

Fel
    • Demon Hunter utilizes Fel in melee.
    • Warlock utilizes Fel from range.

Life
    • Druid employs Life in melee.
    • Druid employs Life from range.
    • Hunter employs Life in melee.
    • Hunter employs Life from ranged.
    • Shaman employs Elements in melee.
    • Shaman employs Elements from ranged.
    • Warrior employs Elements in melee (this one is, admittedly, a weird one).

Light
    • Paladin employs Light in melee.
    • Paladin employs Light from range.
    • Priest employs Light from range.

Void
    • Rogue employs Void in melee.
    • Priest employs Void at range.

Arcane
    • Mage employs Arcane at range.
    • Nothing employs Arcane in melee.

Death
    • Death Knight employs Death in melee.
    • Nothing employs Death at range.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Template Ninja:

Specs: assasin,outlaw,sub,windwalker,havoc.

Mechanic: combo chi and purple fury

Builders: backstroke, double chop (mutilate) etc...
    Spenders: chaos kick, Blade dance, rising del from above

So on and so forth

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

1. lore

I really think that Dragonsworn fantasy could be used as current covenant as famous "borrowed power" system for Dragon Isles expansion or patch. Pick a Flight, get ability to shapeshift to dragon for like 2 minutes in open world to allow flying with upgrades for more time and second ability for each Flight with clear combat benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    As a general rule, it's the case that there are two classes (one predominantly ranged, one predominantly melee) that fall under the umbrella of any given cosmological power -- as of this moment we're notably lacking for something Death-based (predominantly ranged) and something Arcane-based (predominantly melee).

You can certainly make a case for Tinker being more unique than Necromancers, but suggesting that thematic overlap is inherently problematic doesn't jive with the fact that virtually every other cosmological power has at least two different classes wielding their power.

Fel
    • Demon Hunter utilizes Fel in melee.
    • Warlock utilizes Fel from range.

Life
    • Druid employs Life in melee.
    • Druid employs Life from range.
    • Hunter employs Life in melee.
    • Hunter employs Life from ranged.
    • Shaman employs Elements in melee.
    • Shaman employs Elements from ranged.
    • Warrior employs Elements in melee (this one is, admittedly, a weird one).

Light
    • Paladin employs Light in melee.
    • Paladin employs Light from range.
    • Priest employs Light from range.

Void
    • Rogue employs Void in melee.
    • Priest employs Void at range.

Arcane
    • Mage employs Arcane at range.
    • Nothing employs Arcane in melee.

Death
    • Death Knight employs Death in melee.
    • Nothing employs Death at range.
    I think this "check box" approach is flawed in a few ways for one who have no class that call truly be considered a "Void/Shadow" class outside of few invididual specs spread out across multiple classes (shadow priest, subtlety rogue, affliction warlock).

secondly is that theres no real pattern here, using this check box style approach there are four classes that use the life cosmological force (hunter, shaman, druid & monk) yet most only get 2 and only 1 for others (arcane & death) the force aren't represented equally even if we do add a death ranged and arcane melee.

If Warriors are considered "life users" then i'd say Warlocks can also be considered "death" and "shadow" users due to abilities like Haunt, Mortal Coil, Drain Life, Siphon Life, Shadow Bolt, ect

It's problematic because again you're doing an inverted DK class, just ranged instead of melee.
    Stop being obtuse. You're actually intentionally being dishonest here, as even a brief, cursory glance at my fan concept and you would know that I am not "doing an inverted DK class". This is nothing but pure bullshit out of you.

Which is nothing more than an irrelevant fan concept.
    It's not irrelevant because it debunks your claim that my fan class concept is an "inverted death knight class" as you claimed.

Blizzard wouldn't design a Necromancer class in that manner in WoW and you know it.
    I don't know that. You don't know that. As far as I can tell, all the mechanics I used on my class fan concept are well within the limits of what exists in the game.

Because necromancers would not wield polearms, two-handed swords, two-handed maces, or two-handed axes.

I'll repeat:

Really? 11 out of 165 is "plenty"? Less than 7% is "plenty"? Wow, you're not even trying to hide your dishonesty, are you? Just eleven doesn't even come close to be an acceptable selection, much less a good one.

Where did I say NEVER use Festering Strike?
    Necromancers do not engage in melee, therefore they would never use a melee ability. Much less a melee strike ability. Also, Festering Strike requires a two-handed weapon, and since, like I mentioned above, necromancers would not wield polearms, two-handed swords, two-handed maces, or two-handed axes, that means that ability would be useless even if a mob came into melee with the necromancer.

Or spec into Pestilence and allow Festering Wounds to emerge via your Death and Decay.
    Oh yeah. 10% chance of adding a festering wound every tick. That's 11 ticks. Every 30 seconds. Good DPS, gonna top the charts! Also? Pestilence is the worst talent you could pick for good DPS, along with Clawing Shadows.

You'll be taken seriously just fine
    Meanwhile, in reality, you'll be laughed off and not invited to any progression raid group, at best an alt raid group. As for M+, you'll likely be lucky if you get into a +4 with the LFR raid gar you'll have. And even after you're invited, you can be sure those people won't invite you again, ever, because of such a low DPS you'll have, even considering your low item level. Because, again, you're not getting into progression groups, and you're not getting into good M+ groups, so you're not getting gear.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a slight issue with "Blood healing" as a concept is that Blizzard originally wanted Mistweavers to have red colored healing spells since Chi-Ji was originally their celestial but during testing it was found that Playtesters & Blizzard found the red colored healing spells confusing/weird and it was changed to the Yu'lon green we see today

Blood healing would probably have an even harsher shade of red which causes issues with communicating that this is a benefical ability.
    I don't think we'd have much of an issue here, nowadays. Green and blue are the colors for 'good' things, but we have "void zones" that are green and blue. We have "void zones" of all colors, really. Also, the way spell effects work and all the new types of spell graphics Blizzard added could make this work, I imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on man, i disagree with the addition of a Necromancer class on the basis on there just not being enough design space for such a class due to the overlap they have but i think there are other ways to impliment them (and other "classes" that exist within existing ones like Dark Rangers or Shadow Hunters) by the addition of talents (dark ranger abilities for hunters), new weapon options (warglaives for shamans) and class skins (like necromancer spell effects/summons for warlocks), i think even the most ardent necromancer adherent would be fine with such a comprimise, just look at how many people who vehemently hated Void Elves for not being High Elves and how that sentiment more or less disapeared just by giving Void Elves Blood Elf customization options (i'm sure there are still probably people who want a full fledged High Elf Allied Race but I think most have accepted Void Elves as a compromise now, i think most necromancer fans would accept a warlock skin as a compromise)
    Classes and races are hugely different beasts altogether. Because a race does little, if anything, to change gameplay. A draenei warrior doesn't really play much differently than an orc warrior in terms of ability rotation. So giving void elves high elf customization options is not as egregious as making a new class be a literal carbon-copy of another with just a different coat of paint over it.

The selling point of playable races, as far as I understand it, for the most part is how they look, move and sound, and the lore behind them. However, I imagine no one is really going to argue against me when I say one of the biggest reasons why one sticks with a class is its gameplay, not its looks. So giving warlocks a "necromancer coat of paint" is highly unlikely to satisfy necromancer advocates. Actually, that would please ANYONE who wants to see their fan class concept to be realized into WoW.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-01-01 at 04:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're asking someone to cripple their damage and only do the most basic content available (dungeons and world quests) to get their necromancer fix and drop that if they want to do anything serious.

Saying that they should just play Death Knight and only use maybe half of their abilities isn't a good suggestion and just makes Necromancer (and other similar classes who you've dismissed like this) dislike you.
    I’m not saying they should cripple their damage. During world questing fighting completely at range is more than enough damage to complete quests.

However, consider what we’re arguing here; we’re talking about ONE melee ability and people are acting like DKs having to walk into melee range to perform ONE melee ability (with a Scythe) suddenly shatters the entire Necromancer fantasy. It’s utterly silly.

I think this "check box" approach is flawed in a few ways for one who have no class that call truly be considered a "Void/Shadow" class outside of few invididual specs spread out across multiple classes (shadow priest, subtlety rogue, affliction warlock).
    The only real outlier, apart from Death and Arcane, would be Void. I'll grant you that there could be room for a completely Void-based class, but it'd really only work as something that is predominantly melee (and Rogues would probably need to be shifted, thematically, away from Void).

secondly is that theres no real pattern here, using this check box style approach there are four classes that use the life cosmological force (hunter, shaman, druid & monk) yet most only get 2 and only 1 for others (arcane & death) the force aren't represented equally even if we do add a death ranged and arcane melee.
    It wasn't the goal to create a pattern, it was a goal to highlight the thematic areas which are currently lacking -- there isn't anything which utilizes the Arcane in melee or Death at ranged, at all.

If Warriors are considered "life users" then i'd say Warlocks can also be considered "death" and "shadow" users due to abilities like Haunt, Mortal Coil, Drain Life, Siphon Life, Shadow Bolt, ect
    I included them with Life because they use the elements, sparingly, but really Warriors are just an aesthetic mess.

As for Warlocks, I do believe we've got canonical confirmation that they don't use Death-based magic at all -- they were originally conceived of as spellcasters that utilized "dark magic", which at the time included only Void and Fel. If I'm not mistaken, the first time we actually encountered true, capital D, Death magic was Helya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop being obtuse. You're actually intentionally being dishonest here, as even a brief, cursory glance at my fan concept and you would know that I am not "doing an inverted DK class". This is nothing but pure bullshit out of you.

It's not irrelevant because it debunks your claim that my fan class concept is an "inverted death knight class" as you claimed.

I don't know that. You don't know that. As far as I can tell, all the mechanics I used on my class fan concept are well within the limits of what exists in the game.
    There's zero chance of a Necromancer class entering WoW that does not have a Lich-based spec. Any Necromancer class concept without that is a waste of time.

Also it really needs to be said that you're just using Golems, poison, and Blood healing to avoid direct overlap with the DK class. So yeah, when it gets to that point, it becomes irrelevant.

Because necromancers would not wield polearms, two-handed swords, two-handed maces, or two-handed axes.
    In your opinion.

Really? 11 out of 165 is "plenty"? Less than 7% is "plenty"? Wow, you're not even trying to hide your dishonesty, are you? Just eleven doesn't even come close to be an acceptable selection, much less a good one.
    That's plenty for players who don't want to deal with how Blizzard designed their Necromancer class.

Necromancers do not engage in melee, therefore they would never use a melee ability. Much less a melee strike ability. Also, Festering Strike requires a two-handed weapon, and since, like I mentioned above, necromancers would not wield polearms, two-handed swords, two-handed maces, or two-handed axes, that means that ability would be useless even if a mob came into melee with the necromancer.
    Interesting how this;

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Necromancer

Doesn't mention any of that.

Oh yeah. 10% chance of adding a festering wound every tick. That's 11 ticks. Every 30 seconds. Good DPS, gonna top the charts! Also? Pestilence is the worst talent you could pick for good DPS, along with Clawing Shadows.
    If you want to play like a caster you should be willing to deal with some sacrifices. And frankly it isn't even that much of a sacrifice for general play. Again, you'll have no problem leveling and completing quests fighting completely in range.

Meanwhile, in reality, you'll be laughed off and not invited to any progression raid group, at best an alt raid group. As for M+, you'll likely be lucky if you get into a +4 with the LFR raid gar you'll have. And even after you're invited, you can be sure those people won't invite you again, ever, because of such a low DPS you'll have, even considering your low item level. Because, again, you're not getting into progression groups, and you're not getting into good M+ groups, so you're not getting gear.
    And like I said, if you want to get into more serious group play, then get over the fact that you have to add ONE melee ability to your rotation. ONE melee ability shouldn't shatter the idea of you as a Necromancer.

In all honesty it’s pretty clear that the DK is WoW’s Necromancer class. I know people like to say they’re not the same, but it’s fairly obvious that that’s the case. The lack of a new Necromancer class and instead the expansion of the DK class should have been a big flashing sign.

Oh well. We should know about the expansion towards the end of next year.
    Where there is a will there is a way. Sure, unholy kind of scratches the itch, but with a redesign they could have fitted Necro in like they did Demon hunter.
    With that said, it wouldn't be my choice for a new class, but i have to admit it would fit the theme of this xpac perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Where there is a will there is a way. Sure, unholy kind of scratches the itch, but with a redesign they could have fitted Necro in like they did Demon hunter.
    With that said, it wouldn't be my choice for a new class, but i have to admit it would fit the theme of this xpac perfectly.
    Dark Ranger would have as well. We should take their absence as proof that Blizzard never had any intention of adding such classes in the first place. When you consider their level of overlap with Hunters and Death Knights, it’s rather obvious why Blizzard couldn’t construct such classes without cutting corners and damaging existing classes.

Dark Ranger would have as well. We should take their absence as proof that Blizzard never had any intention of adding such classes in the first place. When you consider their level of overlap with Hunters and Death Knights, it’s rather obvious why Blizzard couldn’t construct such classes without cutting corners and damaging existing classes.
    We should take the absence of tinker as proof blizzard won’t make them because they are just a resin of other classes

because you arent a dragon disguised as a gnome or human

you are a gnome or a human

this would require a different race entirely

you do know that wrathion is actually a dragon right?? hes not really alibaba