1. #5121
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    18,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Which is meaningless when you're trying to make a connection to the lore. Fel magic, void magic, and necromantic magic are not the same, and are not even related to each other.
    They’re not the same because the classes using it are doing different things. Warlocks are summoning demons and Death Knights are summoning undead minions, while Shadow Priests assault the mind. There’s some overlap, but the various ways shadow magic is used are distinct and obvious. Again, we had this in place long before any cosmology charts were employed.

    Wrong. Because "shadow magic" is not something that exists in the lore.
    Which proves my point that we are talking about gameplay and the class lineup, not lore. They’re very different things.

    You're mixing up the mechanics and mashing them together into an abomination to make your point. "Mech piloting" mechanic is just that: mech piloting. The mechanic that makes the tinker get into a mech. Nothing more, nothing less. Which is why it's a fact that this is no different at all, mechanic-wise, from the druid's shapeshifting mechanic. Their only difference is simply cosmetic.
    Incorrect. Mech piloting is every ability that is associated with that activity.

    To you you specficially said that "mech riding is a new mechanic", and I explained and demonstrated it is not.
    Nope, read it again. I said mech piloting, not simply riding. Piloting involves quite a bit more than simply riding.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    by that logic shamans are mages
    Nah. Mages are Arcane, Frost, and Fire. Shaman are elemental (fire, wind/air, water, earth) and that’s reflected in their totems. Not the same, though there is a little overlap.

  2. #5122
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They’re not the same because the classes using it are doing different things.
    Wrong. They are not the same because they are not the same. Fel magic, void magic and necromantic magic are not "different ways" of using shadow magic. They're just separate things altogether and independent of each other.

    Again, we had this in place long before any cosmology charts were employed.
    Gameplay is not lore.

    Which proves my point that we are talking about gameplay and the class lineup, not lore. They’re very different things.
    Why is why saying "necromancy is a branch of shadow magic" is not only meaningless, but irrelevant. Because "branches" is not something that exists in game mechanics.

    Incorrect. Mech piloting is every ability that is associated with that activity.
    Wrong. "Mech piloting" is just that: piloting a mech. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, you're taking separate mechanics and mashing them together into an abomination to back your argument, and it doesn't work that way.

    Nope, read it again. I said mech piloting, not simply riding. Piloting involves quite a bit more than simply riding.
    Riding, piloting, it's all the same for the context of what we're discussing here, Teriz. Stop being pedantic.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  3. #5123
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    18,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wrong. They are not the same because they are not the same. Fel magic, void magic and necromantic magic are not "different ways" of using shadow magic. They're just separate things altogether and independent of each other.
    Not according to game mechanics.

    Gameplay is not lore.
    Indeed, they're two separate things, and since we're talking about classes, we're talking about gameplay.

    Why is why saying "necromancy is a branch of shadow magic" is not only meaningless, but irrelevant. Because "branches" is not something that exists in game mechanics.
    "Branches" is merely another way of saying that it's another aspect of Shadow magic in the class lineup. Warlocks have their shadow magic, Priests have their shadow magic, Rogues, have their shadow magic, DKs have their shadow magic, and so forth.

    Wrong. "Mech piloting" is just that: piloting a mech. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, you're taking separate mechanics and mashing them together into an abomination to back your argument, and it doesn't work that way.

    Riding, piloting, it's all the same for the context of what we're discussing here, Teriz. Stop being pedantic.
    Clearly when I was talking about mech piloting I was talking about all aspects of utilizing a mech, which includes it's unique abilities. Sorry if you misunderstood.

  4. #5124
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not according to game mechanics.
    Game mechanics are not lore. It doesn't matter what game mechanics say in this regard. They also say that a stone to face is the same type of damage as a gust of wind and a lightning strike.

    Indeed, they're two separate things, and since we're talking about classes, we're talking about gameplay.
    And yet you continue to conflate the two, when you talk about "branches of shadow magic".

    "Branches" is merely another way of saying that it's another aspect of Shadow magic in the class lineup. Warlocks have their shadow magic, Priests have their shadow magic, Rogues, have their shadow magic, DKs have their shadow magic, and so forth.
    So what? It still doesn't mean what you're saying it means.

    Clearly when I was talking about mech piloting I was talking about all aspects of utilizing a mech, which includes it's unique abilities. Sorry if you misunderstood.
    I didn't misunderstand a thing. Because you were very precise in your wording:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think mech piloting would be a very original mechanic.
    You specifically mentioned that mech piloting itself would be a very original mechanic. This isn't me misunderstanding, it's you poorly wording your statements at best, and being willfully dishonest at worst by lying about what you wrote. And "mech piloting" is not a new mechanic in any way, shape or form considering it's just a reskin of the druid's shapeshift mechanic.

    Either way, all of that you mentioned are still not new mechanics in any way, shape or form. None of the abilities you spoke of are new mechanics.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  5. #5125
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    18,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Game mechanics are not lore.
    We've established that, which is why we're not talking about lore, we're talking about game mechanics.

    And yet you continue to conflate the two, when you talk about "branches of shadow magic".
    Merely a way to point out the mechanical and gameplay differences of the various classes that use shadow magic.

    I didn't misunderstand a thing. Because you were very precise in your wording:

    You specifically mentioned that mech piloting itself would be a very original mechanic. This isn't me misunderstanding, it's you poorly wording your statements at best, and being willfully dishonest at worst by lying about what you wrote. And "mech piloting" is not a new mechanic in any way, shape or form considering it's just a reskin of the druid's shapeshift mechanic.

    Either way, all of that you mentioned are still not new mechanics in any way, shape or form. None of the abilities you spoke of are new mechanics.
    I'm not aware of a class that can eject from a vehicle and/or use that vehicle as a weapon that explodes. I'm also not aware of any class using a mechanical device to connect to another mechanical device and give those devices a new purpose. Finally I'm not aware of any class that can pilot a vehicle, have that vehicle be destroyed and continue to fight until they can summon a new vehicle.

    Yet here we are.

  6. #5126
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm not aware of a class that can eject from a vehicle and/or use that vehicle as a weapon that explodes.

    There a D.VA for you, just try it and please don't come back.

    Edit: sorry , that she not fugly as goblin.
    I want these classes in new x-pac Necromancer,RuneMaster,Warden,BladeMaster,DarkRanger,Dragonsworn,Alchemist,Bard,Spellbreak er

  7. #5127
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    We've established that, which is why we're not talking about lore, we're talking about game mechanics.
    And yet, despite me explaining that this claim of "branches of shadow magic" is not only complete nonsense but also pertains solely to lore, you still keep mentioning it as part of your arguments.

    Merely a way to point out the mechanical and gameplay differences of the various classes that use shadow magic.
    Which is completely irrelevant, considering that each and every one of those class concepts use different magic types in the lore.

    I'm not aware of a class that can eject from a vehicle
    All classes can eject from vehicles. And enter them, too.
    and/or use that vehicle as a weapon that explodes.
    You mean like all the bombs we piloted in the game?
    I'm also not aware of any class using a mechanical device
    "Mechanical" is nothing but a coat of paint, cosmetic.
    to connect to another mechanical device and give those devices a new purpose.
    How is it mechanically different than a warlock sacrificing their demons for extra power?
    Finally I'm not aware of any class that can pilot a vehicle,
    First: the actual mechanic of "piloting a vehicle" already exists.
    Second: it is not something that is going to be available as part of a class' mechanics.
    have that vehicle be destroyed and continue to fight until they can summon a new vehicle.
    You mean like almost every single vehicle that exists in WoW right now, in which you can still continue fighting even after it's destroyed?
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  8. #5128
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    18,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And yet, despite me explaining that this claim of "branches of shadow magic" is not only complete nonsense but also pertains solely to lore, you still keep mentioning it as part of your arguments.
    How is it complete nonsense? Death Knights, Shadow Priests, Warlocks, Rogues, and Demon Hunters all use shadow magic, yet all use them in different ways.


    Which is completely irrelevant, considering that each and every one of those class concepts use different magic types in the lore.
    What they use in lore is irrelevant. The only thing relevant in this discussion is what they're doing gameplay wise.


    All classes can eject from vehicles. And enter them, too.
    Not a class ability.

    You mean like all the bombs we piloted in the game?
    Nope, nothing like that.

    "Mechanical" is nothing but a coat of paint, cosmetic.
    Actually mechanicals have a variety of attributes.

    How is it mechanically different than a warlock sacrificing their demons for extra power?
    Because it doesn't give Warlocks any new abilities. In addition, you should be able to see the new device on the mech when you merge.

    First: the actual mechanic of "piloting a vehicle" already exists.
    Second: it is not something that is going to be available as part of a class' mechanics.
    I didn't say pilot a vehicle, I said pilot a mech. "Mech" as in the class ability. More than likely Robo Goblin/Gnome, or Gazlowe's Summon Mech from Island Expeditions.

    You mean like almost every single vehicle that exists in WoW right now, in which you can still continue fighting even after it's destroyed?
    Nope, I mean like Gazlowe or Mech Jockeys who will keep fighting after you destroy their mech and if you don't kill them, they'll resummon it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

    There a D.VA for you, just try it and please don't come back.

    Edit: sorry , that she not fugly as goblin.
    I'm actually a rather big fan of Overwatch.

    It's quite nice to see some of D.va's attributes leak into WoW like Eject, Self Destruct, and other abilities.

  9. #5129
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How is it complete nonsense? Death Knights, Shadow Priests, Warlocks, Rogues, and Demon Hunters all use shadow magic, yet all use them in different ways.
    No, they don't. Death knights use necromancy. Shadow priests use void magic. Warlocks use fel magic. Demon hunters use chaos magic.

    What they use in lore is irrelevant. The only thing relevant in this discussion is what they're doing gameplay wise.
    And gameplay-wise the damage type does not matter.

    Not a class ability.
    And it won't happen as a class ability.

    Actually mechanicals have a variety of attributes.
    We're talking about that one, single, specific mechanic: i.e. "mech piloting", and how it is no different than the druid's shapeshifting, mechanic-wise.

    Because it doesn't give Warlocks any new abilities.
    It grants the warlock extra damage as AoE for their abilities. And on top of that, it also grants them new abilities depending on the demon sacrificed:
    • Voidwalker: Shadow Bulwark
    • Felguard: Pursuit
    • Felhunter: Spell Lock
    • Imp: Singe magic
    • Succubus: Seduction
    So, yes, it does grant the warlock new abilities.

    In addition, you should be able to see the new device on the mech when you merge.
    Which is irrelevant because that is purely cosmetic, therefore not a mechanic.

    I didn't say pilot a vehicle, I said pilot a mech.
    Your exact words:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm not aware of a class that can eject from a vehicle and/or use that vehicle as a weapon that explodes.
    Once again, you try to lie your way out.

    Nope, I mean like Gazlowe or Mech Jockeys who will keep fighting after you destroy their mech and if you don't kill them, they'll resummon it.
    Just like my warrior can continue to keep fighting after their vehicle has destroyed and can return to the vehicle to get a new one? Regardless, that is something that is not happening to WoW in terms of a class feature. Blizzard is not going to give a class two health bars, which is essentially a permanent "cheat death".
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  10. #5130
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    18,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, they don't. Death knights use necromancy. Shadow priests use void magic. Warlocks use fel magic.
    All Shadow Magic.

    Demon hunters use chaos magic.
    And Shadow magic.


    And gameplay-wise the damage type does not matter.
    Sure it does, some races take less Shadow damage than others. Examples;

    Void Elves:
    Chill of Night: Reduces Shadow damage taken by 1%.
    Undead:
    Shadow Resistance: Reduces Shadow damage taken by 1%.
    Some abilities like Shadow Ward only absorbed Shadow damage.

    You can apply this to pretty much every damage type.


    And it won't happen as a class ability.
    I'm sure you have a statement from Blizzard to back that up.


    We're talking about that one, single, specific mechanic: i.e. "mech piloting", and how it is no different than the druid's shapeshifting, mechanic-wise.
    Like I said, that wasn't what *I* was talking about. Again, sorry you misunderstood.

    It grants the warlock extra damage as AoE for their abilities. And on top of that, it also grants them new abilities depending on the demon sacrificed:
    • Voidwalker: Shadow Bulwark
    • Felguard: Pursuit
    • Felhunter: Spell Lock
    • Imp: Singe magic
    • Succubus: Seduction
    So, yes, it does grant the warlock new abilities.
    Actually it doesn't. Their pets have those abilities regardless. They just show up on the Warlock tool bar instead of the pet bar.

    EDIT: looking over Grimore of Sacrifice, you must be looking at an older build. The current talent states this;

    Grimoire of Sacrifice
    Talent
    Unlimited range
    Instant 30 sec cooldown
    Requires Warlock (Affliction, Destruction)
    Sacrifices your demon pet for power, gaining its command demon ability, and causing your spells to sometimes also deal (43.75% of Spell power) additional Shadow damage.

    Lasts 1 hour or until you summon a demon pet.
    It even says this at the link you used.

    And your pet always has the command demon ability in its talents/toolbar. When you sacrifice it, it simply moves to your action bar.

    Which is irrelevant because that is purely cosmetic, therefore not a mechanic.
    If it grants you a new ability, it's also mechanical.


    Your exact words:

    Once again, you try to lie your way out.
    I'm talking about Eject a class ability. Not the action "leave vehicle". They're not the same thing. Again, I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

    Just like my warrior can continue to keep fighting after their vehicle has destroyed and can return to the vehicle to get a new one? Regardless, that is something that is not happening to WoW in terms of a class feature. Blizzard is not going to give a class two health bars, which is essentially a permanent "cheat death".
    Again, I'm sure you have a statement from Blizzard to back that up. Mech-using NPCs have that ability, including Gazlowe in Island Expeditions alongside the HotS Tinker abilities, so there's little reason to assume that a mech-using class wouldn't also have the ability.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-02-22 at 04:12 AM.

  11. #5131
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    All Shadow Magic.
    Irrelevant. That is just a game mechanic that in no way indicates that fel, void and necromantic magic are the same, or even "branches". Especially since the lore specifically mentions they are not even related.

    Sure it does, some races take less Shadow damage than others. Examples;
    I'm talking about your claims that all those types of magic are "the same" because they're categorized in the game mechanics as 'shadow magic'.

    I'm sure you have a statement from Blizzard to back that up.
    No class is going to have a permanent, passive cheat death ability.

    Like I said, that wasn't what *I* was talking about. Again, sorry you misunderstood.
    I didn't misunderstand. You failed to communicate. Your words were specific. Now you're trying to backpedal.

    And your pet always has the command demon ability in its talents/toolbar. When you sacrifice it, it simply moves to your action bar.
    And they become the warlock's ability, not the demon's, actually acquiring a new ability.

    If it grants you a new ability, it's also mechanical.
    You're moving the goalposts here considering my answer was to this line of yours:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    In addition, you should be able to see the new device on the mech when you merge.
    In other words: nothing but cosmetic. Just like the mage catching on fire when using Combustion is just cosmetic.

    I'm talking about Eject a class ability. Not the action "leave vehicle". They're not the same thing. Again, I'm sorry if you misunderstood.
    Once again, you're moving the goalposts, considering this was your previous statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I didn't say pilot a vehicle, I said pilot a mech.
    Stay in the argument.

    Mech-using NPCs have that ability,
    NPCs aren't players. NPCs aren't player classes. NPCs can get away with stuff us players cannot. NPCs follow different rules than us players. Anduin is a priest wearing plate. Thrall is a shaman that has wore plate armor for years. Tyrande is a priest who can use a bow. Genn can attack unarmed despite not being a monk. Rexxar is a melee beastmaster.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  12. #5132
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    18,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Irrelevant. That is just a game mechanic...
    And for the las time, we're talking about game mechanics.

    No class is going to have a permanent, passive cheat death ability.
    I never said they would.


    I didn't misunderstand.
    You clearly did.

    And they become the warlock's ability, not the demon's, actually acquiring a new ability.
    Except nothing stops you from using the ability when it's in the Pet's toolbar. You can even put it in your toolbar if you want.


    You're moving the goalposts here considering my answer was to this line of yours:

    In other words: nothing but cosmetic. Just like the mage catching on fire when using Combustion is just cosmetic.
    You were asking me how it was different from the Warlock ability. I was pointing it out for you.


    Once again, you're moving the goalposts, considering this was your previous statement:

    Stay in the argument.
    The argument was always about the mech. Again, we're talking about a class ability, not the vehicle system used by WoW. You even said yourself that the mechanic for the actual ability would operate like the Druid forms. The Druid forms are not the same mechanic as the WoW vehicle system. So if anyone needs to stay in the argument, it would be you.

    NPCs aren't players. NPCs aren't player classes. NPCs can get away with stuff us players cannot. NPCs follow different rules than us players. Anduin is a priest wearing plate. Thrall is a shaman that has wore plate armor for years. Tyrande is a priest who can use a bow. Genn can attack unarmed despite not being a monk. Rexxar is a melee beastmaster.
    And these are mechanics that Blizzard has shown mech-users using that could come with a class that also uses a mech. These mechanics are different than the vehicle system, and it's different from any other class in the game. Nothing stops Blizzard from implementing those mechanics for a mech-based class.

    That's the point. Feel free to have the last word.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-02-22 at 05:05 AM.

  13. #5133
    Bloodsail Admiral Alkizon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Strasbourg
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Since HOTS and WoW, they seemed to give Sylvanas more Rogue connections. Shadow Daggers, using Daggers in melee, heavy use of shadow magic and shadow clones, shadow-step-like ability baked into Haunting Wave.
    Well, in general, I have already eloquently expressed that presence of "shadow magic" (regardless of used weapons) by itself in no way adds anything rogues' to DR's concept. And also it's quite literally being said in cited by you message about where their power comes from and how it works - this is just shadow mage in skin armor, who very skillfully enchants own weapons and corresponding specific (non-rogue) skills. In other words, neither fighting style nor their abilities are in any way associated with what rogues have, and this is especially true of all that (abilities, effects; their source of dodges, parries, strikes and other things are magical, and not physical, like rogues'; any similarity is only visual, even in-game warriors have more in common with rogues than DRs does; they fight in melee sometimes, no doubt, but their fight is closer to enh.shaman's "battle mage" performance in mechanics than rogue's) was shown in regards to DR or in videos with Sylvanas
    - - -
    at least those, which aren't made on game engine, I'm skipping any "with in-game models", their peacockery and pretentious pretentiousness and grimacing, both facial and literal, game animations cause just headache and persistent vomiting, I can't force myself to watch at such stuff, too disgusting... however, I strongly doubt that they have at least something in favor of this conclusion
    - - -

    ps. And here I once again draw attention to fact that I mean literal implementation of rogues' fantasy in game (whole class mechanics; dagers/bows are just tools, they don't speak for anything, direct mechanics/implementation is important; DR uses literal shadow magic, not subpar/suppositive/mimic-material), but not in some hybrid external "specializations" from other official/amateur projects.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2021-02-22 at 11:21 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

    __---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

  14. #5134
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And for the las time, we're talking about game mechanics.
    And those game mechanics you're talking about are irrelevant to what you're trying to do, as explained several times over.

    I never said they would.
    "Ejecting from the mech when it dies" is a "cheat death" ability.

    You clearly did.
    If I did, it was of no fault of my own, as I explained.

    Except nothing stops you from using the ability when it's in the Pet's toolbar. You can even put it in your toolbar if you want.
    Who's to say you can't do the same thing to the tinker?

    You were asking me how it was different from the Warlock ability. I was pointing it out for you.
    Except what you pointed out was just a cosmetic difference, not a mechanic difference.

    The argument was always about the mech. Again, we're talking about a class ability, not the vehicle system used by WoW. You even said yourself that the mechanic for the actual ability would operate like the Druid forms. The Druid forms are not the same mechanic as the WoW vehicle system. So if anyone needs to stay in the argument, it would be you.
    Yeah, I did say that. Because it's true: mechanically speaking, the ability to pilot a mech is no different than the ability of a druid to shapeshift.

    And these are mechanics that Blizzard has shown mech-users using that could come with a class that also uses a mech.
    You do know we have WAY more tech-users without mechs than with mechs, right? And as I pointed out: NPCs are not classes. NPCs are not players. NPCs have much greater freedom about the abilities they can have than players. Which is why a warrior can have attacks that deal void damage, a priest can wear plate, a warrior can fight unarmed and a priest can wield a bow, and dual-wield glaives.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-02-22 at 01:28 PM.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  15. #5135
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    And here I once again draw attention to fact that I mean literal implementation of rogues' fantasy in game (whole class mechanics; dagers/bows are just tools, they don't speak for anything, direct mechanics/implementation is important; DR uses literal shadow magic, not subpar/suppositive/mimic-material), but not in some hybrid external "specializations" from other official/amateur projects.
    No point making that distinction since Dark Rangers will ultimately be Dark Rangers. They are not hunters, not sure necromancers, not rogues by definition or by gameplay association.

    Yet the simalarities and tools of each are present in the Dark Rangers core fantasy. They are akin to Paladins having multiple connections and similarities to Priests and Warriors. Comparisons will always be drawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  16. #5136
    When it gets to a point you CANNOT do the same things, or the experience is so shot (Think multi-hour queues for everything), is when they'll decide it's time. Not before.

  17. #5137
    Ok we are looking at 9.2 for any last minute classes to be excluded from the possible line up

    Due to blizzard’s statements about the NecroLord set helping with the necromancer fantasy I’m still thinking that will be a possibility

    I really wanna see the story behind that infinite pirate dragon

  18. #5138
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    18,691
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Ok we are looking at 9.2 for any last minute classes to be excluded from the possible line up

    Due to blizzard’s statements about the NecroLord set helping with the necromancer fantasy I’m still thinking that will be a possibility

    I really wanna see the story behind that infinite pirate dragon
    I think you should give up on the necromancer class. If it were going to be a class, this would be the expansion to do it. The next expansion isn't going to be another death expansion.

    Infinite Pirate Dragon is definitely a tantalizing clue, and Dragon isles are definitely a possibility. However does Blizzard really want to go with Cataclysm 2.0 right after WotLK 2.0? Even if they go with Dragon Isles, there might not be a class next expansion either. They might be saving the next class for the 20th anniversary of the game.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-02-23 at 03:12 AM.

  19. #5139
    Bloodsail Admiral Alkizon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Strasbourg
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yet the simalarities and tools of each are present in the Dark Rangers core fantasy.
    If post didn't refer to specific classes, I'd agree. In general, it's not contradictory, there are certain classes with common mechanics, especially since there're too many of them now. My phrase was based on fact that I was referring to original concepts, and not to the moment after their head was blown off, when they lost fear, wisdom and conscience and began to break mechanics in favor of homogenization, in favor of role/specialization, but not for class fantasy. In principle, I'm not particularly inclined to argue on this topic (there may be some divergence of "opinions" in contrast to principles of core design, which has certain hard rules), it takes a long time, however, difference between mechanics of original paladins, warriors and priests is easy to explain, they have nothing in common in field of key elements, these are so diametrically opposite classes that I can't even imagine how such a question could arise. We raised this topic (influence of armor, weapons and resource) of binding/linking with fantasy even in necromancers' old topic
    - - - - -
    it was recently even taken from the bottom, however, additions on "part of PvP talents" are useless, since there shouldn't be any, as such, it's dictated by design requirements, but I promised myself not criticize any local concepts, at least even because people put a lot of work into them, also brain warming up on its own is useful activity, in any case this part (sane part of it), with good circumstances, can simply be introduced into core mechanics of those classes
    - - - - -

    All I can tell you is that everything that you refer to has no effect within immediate class mechanics (and it's literally what we talked about DR), all this doesn't apply to them, but fault isn't yours here, rather devs, who, as I said, due to their irrepressible stupidity, don't want/bother to maintain necessary "rhythm and consistency" and because of this such controversial issues arise.

    I don't want to intermeddle in this mess again *pointing on stuff that happening around* This, as I understood, not only does take plenty of time, but even more - doesn't give any significant results. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So, reading what was written here on Bellular's interview, apparently there is a new "type of magic": domination magic. What it is and what exactly it can do are not defined, but it's an interesting possibility to consider for the future, I imagine.
    I'd say that this is about "area/method of application", but not about its type/school. In any case, this is exactly impression from said phrases. I can just assume that basic schools for them can be both light and shadow *looking with apprehension at Star wars* I'm afraid to be unoriginal, but let's say that first suppresses/obscures mind, and second calms/inspires on something more creative. So it's more like something about how and what you do, but not about what magic you use for that. Moreover, even from discussion this is clear that people don't see "something new" in it.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2021-02-23 at 07:15 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

    __---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

  20. #5140
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,109
    So, reading what was written here on Bellular's interview, apparently there is a new "type of magic": domination magic. What it is and what exactly it can do are not defined, but it's an interesting possibility to consider for the future, I imagine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think you should give up on the necromancer class. If it were going to be a class, this would be the expansion to do it. The next expansion isn't going to be another death expansion.
    No, it would not. Because necromancers are about undeath, not the afterlife. And this is an expansion about the afterlife.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •