10+ Year Old Account
    https://youtu.be/9IY-a8p8MR4

So I just finished watching Bellular's take into a new class. Figured it would go nicely in this thread since it's a new video he made this week

Also this post from the art contest is worth sharing here
    Last edited by Starbrand; 2021-03-28 at 09:06 PM.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Starbrand View Post

So I just finished watching Bellular's take into a new class. Figured it would go nicely in this thread since it's a new video he made this week

Also this post from the art contest is worth sharing here
    That art aesthetic would work well with my Bard concept

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Class-Concept

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, Dragonsworn in the TTRPG is a prestige class, something that does not exist in the WoW class system. However, it isn’t the dragon Knight that you describe. So again, where is your version of Dragonsworn in any WC-based game? Does it exist in Warcraft at all?

Nothing you typed above contradicts anything I stated before.
    Death Knight and demon hunter were ALSO prestige classes in the TTRPG so saying WoW doesn't have anything like a prestige class is an outright lie. They just called it Hero class instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    because you were wrong

it was nothing about core classes
    it was nothing about vanilla
    it was because they didnt attempt it because they just didnt

every time you get caught out on a point you do this garbage because you cant back up your BS claims and its been happening for 200 pages
    you arent blizzard
    you do not get to tell players which class is and isnt possible especially when you try to claim you know blizzard's motivation for their choices because it ends up like this where you get proved wroooooong
    Unless you are sitting here telling him how incredible his tinker concept is and how terrible every other concept is, he will argue with you forever. Don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    because you were wrong

it was nothing about core classes
    it was nothing about vanilla
    it was because they didnt attempt it because they just didnt

every time you get caught out on a point you do this garbage because you cant back up your BS claims and its been happening for 200 pages
    you arent blizzard
    you do not get to tell players which class is and isnt possible especially when you try to claim you know blizzard's motivation for their choices because it ends up like this where you get proved wroooooong
    Also him claiming that Blizz are actually totally Goblin and Gnome fans and that a Gnome and Goblin based Undermine expansion will totally happen next, when nothing in Blizzard release history ever indicated that the devs are particularily interested in those races, while releasing extensive content focussing on humans, orcs and elves. Also that a Dark Ranger class is totally unrealistic to happen, when the lead story dev publicly expressed to be a big fan of both iconic dark ranger characters in the games canon. Because yeah, Danuser is best known to be a big fan of both Nathanos and Sylvanas which makes it most likely that the next class will be Tinker, considering that none of the both most famous tinker characters got nowhere near the development and screentime that Nathanos and Sylvanas received.

Yup, they kind of summarize the conversations we had here and in similar threads. They didn't mention the Dark ranger, but i agree with everything they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Also him claiming that Blizz are actually totally Goblin and Gnome fans and that a Gnome and Goblin based Undermine expansion will totally happen next, when nothing in Blizzard release history ever indicated that the devs are particularily interested in those races, while releasing extensive content focussing on humans, orcs and elves. Also that a Dark Ranger class is totally unrealistic to happen, when the lead story dev publicly expressed to be a big fan of both iconic dark ranger characters in the games canon. Because yeah, Danuser is best known to be a big fan of both Nathanos and Sylvanas which makes it most likely that the next class will be Tinker, considering that none of the both most famous tinker characters got nowhere near the development and screentime that Nathanos and Sylvanas received.
    Back when the fake shadowlands leaks came out he was screeching that the tinker class definitely fit because of the ghostbusters theme even though in game story debunked the leak...and he kept changing it

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Back when the fake shadowlands leaks came out he was screeching that the tinker class definitely fit because of the ghostbusters theme even though in game story debunked the leak...and he kept changing it
    Isn't he also trying to paint Gazlowe as some kind of big A-List WoW Icon? When I think many people probably don't even know who that is?

Isn't he also trying to paint Gazlowe as some kind of big A-List WoW Icon? When I think many people probably don't even know who that is?

If you don’t do the Mechagon stuff does he even show up??

It won’t be until 9.2 that we can really guess the next class and no amount of head canon can change it

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    If you don’t do the Mechagon stuff does he even show up??

It won’t be until 9.2 that we can really guess the next class and no amount of head canon can change it
    I think so, at least amoung the leaders of the Horde Council. The quest in which he replaces Gallywix as the leader of the Goblins is gated behind the Goblin Heritage Armor Quest, which kind of tells us, how important an event like the change of leadership in the Goblin race is to Blizzard. I make the bold assumption that the majority of people who know this development, probably only learned of it through outside sources instead of the actual game, considering the small representation of Goblins inside the playerbase, to which you add that not everyone will bother to do the rep grind and do the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    That art aesthetic would work well with my Bard concept

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Class-Concept
    holy shit! how long did this take you??? lot of thought, detail, and effort right here! Now if I can only get this same lvl of work out of my kids...
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Death Knight and demon hunter were ALSO prestige classes in the TTRPG so saying WoW doesn't have anything like a prestige class is an outright lie. They just called it Hero class instead.
    A phrase that has no meaning and no relation whatsoever to prestige classes at all. They're just new classes, period. The fact that they (sometimes) start at slightly higher levels mean absolutely nothing, too.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, it appears that they believe that Blizzard is actively considering the Tinker class and is just waiting for the right time to release it.

Interesting video to be sure.

- - - Updated - - -

In BFA alone:

Mekkatorque becoming a raid boss
    New mech designs for Goblins
    Goblins and Gnomes getting ARs and heritage armors
    Goblins and Gnomes getting IE teams with HotS (Tinker) abilities
    Mechagon
    Mogul Razdunk
    The revelation that Kezan is still habitable and full of Azerite (which also indicates that Undermine is full of Azerite)
    Gazlowe becoming goblin leader
    Mekkatorque getting the Spark Reactor and becoming king of Gnomes

and yet no tinker... you know, just like we had plenty of the legion in "the burning crusade" and we had to wait until the next legion centered expansion to get the class ?

of course, blizzard is considering the tinker as a future class, but they didn't say it was the only one? they must consider several, not like there are not concepts all around to pick.

it'd have to be a full expansion centered around tech, and for now we have absolutely no idea what's coming for the future of WoW.
    could be the next exp & class combo, or you could have to wait 4, 6, 8 or more years. nodoby knows.

maybe there is a slow poke race between the tinker and star citizen ? the one to release first lose !! lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I still reckon a future expansion will involve the Dragon Isles, which would be the perfect time to introduce a dragon type class

A Dragonsworn class would be the best case scenario for me.

However i think that they would more likely turn it into another borrowed power system like they did with the covenants this expansion.

Which sucks because it gives them the freedom to turn any class-worthy concept into borrowed power without giving us a new class ever again.

i just depressed myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    and yet no tinker... you know, just like we had plenty of the legion in "the burning crusade" and we had to wait until the next legion centered expansion to get the class ?

of course, blizzard is considering the tinker as a future class, but they didn't say it was the only one? they must consider several, not like there are not concepts all around to pick.

it'd have to be a full expansion centered around tech, and for now we have absolutely no idea what's coming for the future of WoW.
    could be the next exp & class combo, or you could have to wait 4, 6, 8 or more years. nodoby knows.

maybe there is a slow poke race between the tinker and star citizen ? the one to release first lose !! lol
    To be fair, every new class gets a major hint two expansions before their release.

DKs appeared in Naxx in Vanilla, they appeared in WotLK.
    The Pandaren Monk pet appeared in WotLK, appeared in MoP.
    Demon Hunters got multiple hints in MoP, appeared in Legion.
    Tinkers got major hints in BFA, and the next expansion would be on tap for them to make their appearance.

Will they? Time will tell.

In BFA alone:

Mekkatorque becoming a raid boss
    New mech designs for Goblins
    Goblins and Gnomes getting ARs and heritage armors
    Goblins and Gnomes getting IE teams with HotS (Tinker) abilities
    Mechagon
    Mogul Razdunk
    The revelation that Kezan is still habitable and full of Azerite (which also indicates that Undermine is full of Azerite)
    Gazlowe becoming goblin leader
    Mekkatorque getting the Spark Reactor and becoming king of Gnomes
    You making a big deal out of that makes you look rather desperate, do you know that? Im mean, Mekkatorque was a raid boss in a raid that features a gorilla and a random Paladin NPC and got some screen time which made him look pathetic. But, which encounter do you think people associate with Battle for Dazar'alore, this gnome guy whose name I forgot because he had barely any screentime or Jaina fucking Proudmoore? Island Expeditions were the most casual and brain dead content ever released to the game (though that you hyperfocus on them explains your class fanfictions, no offense) and most of what you mention was mini-questlines with the biggest chunks of gnome and goblin lore being gated behind rep and playing the least popular race in the game.

Your case looks even more pathetic if you consider that half of the zones in Legion were dedicated to elves, with one of the core storylines of the expansion being all about a whole new race of night elves and two of the raids of the expansion being strongly related to elves. Or the fact that the same patch which launched Mechagon had its raid and main storyline fully revolve around elves, former elves and Jaina Proudmoore, with Mechagon not even receiving a single cutscene. And guess what, yet again in Shadowlands, we have not a single important or relevant gnome or goblin character in the entire game while two of four covenant storylines feature an elf as a central character of the covenant while the main character of the entire expansion is an elf. Gnomes get one dungeon encounter.

But yeah, tell yourself that the lead devs view gnomes and goblins as very important races. And that Tinkers are more likely to be released than Dark Rangers, when the lead story devs favorite characters are Nathanos Blightcaller and Sylvanas Windrunner, the two iconic dark rangers of the setting.

You making a big deal out of that makes you look rather desperate, do you know that? Im mean, Mekkatorque was a raid boss in a raid that features a gorilla and a random Paladin NPC and got some screen time which made him look pathetic. But, which encounter do you think people associate with Battle for Dazar'alore, this gnome guy whose name I forgot because he had barely any screentime or Jaina fucking Proudmoore? Island Expeditions were the most casual and brain dead content ever released to the game (though that you hyperfocus on them explains your class fanfictions, no offense) and most of what you mention was mini-questlines with the biggest chunks of gnome and goblin lore being gated behind rep and playing the least popular race in the game.

Your case looks even more pathetic if you consider that half of the zones in Legion were dedicated to elves, with one of the core storylines of the expansion being all about a whole new race of night elves and two of the raids of the expansion being strongly related to elves. Or the fact that the same patch which launched Mechagon had its raid and main storyline fully revolve around elves, former elves and Jaina Proudmoore, with Mechagon not even receiving a single cutscene. And guess what, yet again in Shadowlands, we have not a single important or relevant gnome or goblin character in the entire game while two of four covenant storylines feature an elf as a central character of the covenant while the main character of the entire expansion is an elf. Gnomes get one dungeon encounter.

But yeah, tell yourself that the lead devs view gnomes and goblins as very important races. And that Tinkers are more likely to be released than Dark Rangers, when the lead story devs favorite characters are Nathanos Blightcaller and Sylvanas Windrunner, the two iconic dark rangers of the setting.
    You're making far too much sense so be prepared for comments that have nothing to do with WoW. Like going on a tangent about the tinker in HotS. though I don't think they will release dark ranger as a full class purely because there isn't enough unique about them to separate them from Hunters.

To be fair, every new class gets a major hint two expansions before their release.

DKs appeared in Naxx in Vanilla, they appeared in WotLK.
    The Pandaren Monk pet appeared in WotLK, appeared in MoP.
    Demon Hunters got multiple hints in MoP, appeared in Legion.
    Tinkers got major hints in BFA, and the next expansion would be on tap for them to make their appearance.

Will they? Time will tell.
    That is just you entering a state of delusion. Death Knights were always present in scourge-themed zones, just as we had a demon hunter in one of the demon-themed zones. Naturally they were present in a scourge-themed raid. But do you know what was also plenty present in BC? Demon Hunters. Many, many Demon Hunters and yet no Demon Hunters für Cataclysm.

The Pandaren Monk I think is the one thing you build the conspiracy around, when its just a goofy, cute design inside the setting that was chosen for shop pets. Generally, there were no real hints in wotlk surrounding Pandaren.
    The last one is just not true. Demon Hunters got multiple hint including recovering a manual of how to train new Demon Hunters and a Questline retelling the entire storyline of Illidan Stormrage in Cataclysm. Mists of Pandaria was the expansion, where the entire conclusion to the illidan storyline at the time was given to Warlocks, with their green fire questline revolving around metamorphosis, fel magic and absorbing demonic energies and their challenge mode set being designed after Illidan Stormrage. If anything, Mist of Pandaria was the expansion where the Demon Hunter ship seemed sailed and Blizz seemed to be confident to give the entire theme and aesthetic to Warlocks. If anything, your last example proves that Blizz is very likely not planing new classes that much in advance, probably not even one expansion, considering that the Demonology Warlock rewamp only came in Legion right when Demon Hunters were released.
    And finally...dude, they got a bare minimum of screentime, are you real? I mean, if thats your standart, wouldn't it rather be Dark Rangers? You know, with Sylvanas being the poster child of BfA and the expansion establishing new Dark Ranger powers?

10+ Year Old Account
    You making a big deal out of that makes you look rather desperate, do you know that?
    Where did I say any of that was a big deal? I'm responding to your false statement that Blizzard developers have never shown any "particular interest" in Gnomes or Goblins. Those events in BFA show an interest and completely contradict your statement, whether you believe those events were important or not.