Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    All it says is your confirmation bias prevents you from recognizing other peoples wishes for a next class as valid and worth respecting, the fact that you don't see any value in a Necromancer class doesn't mean other people can't wish to see an archetype that they like be represented and you're disrespectful enough to tell them to go play a Death Knight if they want a Necromancer class because according to you they're the same thing, even though they are completely different archetypes (Anti-Paladin/Dark Knight vs a Dark themed spellcaster) because they share the same magic (Death Magic)(which also makes Warlocks and Demon Hunters "the same")

If you genuinely can't see a difference between this:

And this:

And can't see why someone would desire a class that resembles the first in aesthetic and gameplay then it's clear you aren't interested in discussion but instead in shutting down anything that doesn't conform to your subjective tastes (and i say this as someone who ranks a "technology" archetype as higher than a "necromancer" archetype on what i'd like out of the next class)
    Many players can't see it because Death Knight and Warlock already fill this niche. A Blood-based class is the most original but it only fulfills the Healer role. Otherwise, it's a copycat of ESO and Diablo 3's (Hello, staff wielding and 2-H Death Knight?) necromancers that most folk here are requesting.

It's more likely that they'll overhaul the cosmetic glyph system, with most signs pointing towards a Dragon-themed expansion and potentially a Dragon-themed class.

It's highly unlikely we'll get a Necromancer class just like we never got an Azerite-themed class or a class based on every unique leader with unique spells in-game. Unless they borrow from the Covenant system but they don't fit the 'Necro'mancer theme save for Necrolords. This would've been the expansion to introduce a new class; once they start creating the next expansion they move on.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2021-02-28 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Many players can't see it because Death Knight and Warlock already fill this niche. A Blood-based class is the most original but it only fulfills the Healer role. Otherwise, it's a copycat of ESO and Diablo 3's (Hello, staff wielding and 2-H Death Knight?) necromancers that most folk here are requesting.

It's more likely that they'll overhaul the cosmetic glyph system, with most signs pointing towards a Dragon-themed expansion and potentially a Dragon-themed class.

It's highly unlikely we'll get a Necromancer class just like we never got an Azerite-themed class or a class based on every unique leader with unique spells in-game. Unless they borrow from the Covenant system but they don't fit the 'Necro'mancer theme save for Necrolords. This would've been the expansion to introduce a new class; once they start creating the next expansion they move on.
    TBC didn’t have a demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    TBC didn’t have a demon hunter
    Because TBC followed Vanilla where they introduced the original nine classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks blizzard
    I didn’t know we had the lead designer here

Tell me how the main theme of this expansion is necromancy when it’s one covenant with no raid
    I didn’t say Necromancy, I said Death. We’re in the realm of the dead and dealing with multiple facets of death. Necromancers as a class deal with the magic of death. In addition scourge are running rampant in Azeroth. You saying a Necromancer couldn’t be helpful in that situation as well?

Tell me how a dragonsworn (which blizzard already has some form of definition) can magically mean a dragon that is just....a dragon would be cooler than essentially the concept of a mortal loyal to the dragons and empowered by them considering we have one that’s a big nerd culture reference and is in multiple forms of media including video games and the other is...a dragon
    We have no idea what a dragon class would be called. People just use dragonsworn because of its connection to the TTRPGs. The point is that up to this point WoW classes have always had two elements; a major lore character to attach the class to, and it being playable in some form. Dragonsworn as you describe it has neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I didn’t say Necromancy, I said Death. We’re in the realm of the dead and dealing with multiple facets of death. Necromancers as a class deal with the magic of death. In addition scourge are running rampant in Azeroth. You saying a Necromancer couldn’t be helpful in that situation as well?
    And the Shadowlands is an expansion about the afterlife, which is something the necromancers are not about, no matter how much you try to escape this fact.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

They won't be because there won't be back to back death expansions, and there's no necromancer lore hero. Necromancer had a chance this expansion, and it didn't happen.

If Dragonsworn is a class it's going to be based on concepts that players have already experienced in Blizzard's games. Not wholly generic concepts from non-Blizzard games.
    and there is a concept from warcraft
    that concept isnt being a dragon

- - - Updated - - -

Because TBC followed Vanilla where they introduced the original nine classes.

- - - Updated - - -

We have no idea what a dragon class would be called. People just use dragonsworn because of its connection to the TTRPGs. The point is that up to this point WoW classes have always had two elements; a major lore character to attach the class to, and it being playable in some form. Dragonsworn as you describe it has neither.
    they didnt introduce DH because they didn't feel like it actually
    from the interview
    How long was the demon hunter class in the works and have you wanted to implement them for a long time or only recently?
    A: Since we played WCIII we have wanted to implement and play them! Has been discussed during BC but mostly during the last year and a half.

the exact wording from the interview "we wanted to impliment them since we played illidan in WC3. Like way before TBC." then the other guy "yeah that was one of the things from my first month w??? (audio screwed up) was 'hey can you try to figure out some way to get the demon hunter class into the game' and it uh as it was the timing didnt really work out because the burning crusade was the first opportunity and then we just waited and waited until we were like 'finally' legion is there this is the time"

so contrary to your almighty opinion oh ye lord of warcraft classes it was apparently just not something the devs attempted and by the time crafticus came in it was too late

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    and there is a concept from warcraft
    that concept isnt being a dragon
    Yes, Dragonsworn in the TTRPG is a prestige class, something that does not exist in the WoW class system. However, it isn’t the dragon Knight that you describe. So again, where is your version of Dragonsworn in any WC-based game? Does it exist in Warcraft at all?

they didnt introduce DH because they didn't feel like it actually
    from the interview
    How long was the demon hunter class in the works and have you wanted to implement them for a long time or only recently?
    A: Since we played WCIII we have wanted to implement and play them! Has been discussed during BC but mostly during the last year and a half.

the exact wording from the interview "we wanted to impliment them since we played illidan in WC3. Like way before TBC." then the other guy "yeah that was one of the things from my first month w??? (audio screwed up) was 'hey can you try to figure out some way to get the demon hunter class into the game' and it uh as it was the timing didnt really work out because the burning crusade was the first opportunity and then we just waited and waited until we were like 'finally' legion is there this is the time"

so contrary to your almighty opinion oh ye lord of warcraft classes it was apparently just not something the devs attempted and by the time crafticus came in it was too late
    Nothing you typed above contradicts anything I stated before.

Yes, Dragonsworn in the TTRPG is a prestige class, something that does not exist in the WoW class system. However, it isn’t the dragon Knight that you describe. So again, where is your version of Dragonsworn in any WC-based game? Does it exist in Warcraft at all?

you said they didnt do it because vanilla introduced the core classes

from that interview its because the expansion was in production before the suggestion of DH was made by the developer

you said they didnt do it because vanilla introduced the core classes

from that interview its because the expansion was in production before the suggestion of DH was made by the developer
    At this point further discussion on this topic is pointless. I'll see you in the fall with the next expansion announcement.

At this point further discussion on this topic is pointless. I'll see you in the fall with the next expansion announcement.
    because you were wrong

it was nothing about core classes
    it was nothing about vanilla
    it was because they didnt attempt it because they just didnt

every time you get caught out on a point you do this garbage because you cant back up your BS claims and its been happening for 200 pages
    you arent blizzard
    you do not get to tell players which class is and isnt possible especially when you try to claim you know blizzard's motivation for their choices because it ends up like this where you get proved wroooooong

https://youtu.be/9IY-a8p8MR4

So I just finished watching Bellular's take into a new class. Figured it would go nicely in this thread since it's a new video he made this week

Also this post from the art contest is worth sharing here
    Last edited by Starbrand; 2021-03-28 at 09:06 PM.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Starbrand View Post

So I just finished watching Bellular's take into a new class. Figured it would go nicely in this thread since it's a new video he made this week

Also this post from the art contest is worth sharing here
    That art aesthetic would work well with my Bard concept

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Class-Concept

Death Knight and demon hunter were ALSO prestige classes in the TTRPG so saying WoW doesn't have anything like a prestige class is an outright lie. They just called it Hero class instead.

- - - Updated - - -

because you were wrong

every time you get caught out on a point you do this garbage because you cant back up your BS claims and its been happening for 200 pages
    you arent blizzard
    you do not get to tell players which class is and isnt possible especially when you try to claim you know blizzard's motivation for their choices because it ends up like this where you get proved wroooooong
    Unless you are sitting here telling him how incredible his tinker concept is and how terrible every other concept is, he will argue with you forever. Don't waste your time.

because you were wrong

you arent blizzard
    Also him claiming that Blizz are actually totally Goblin and Gnome fans and that a Gnome and Goblin based Undermine expansion will totally happen next, when nothing in Blizzard release history ever indicated that the devs are particularily interested in those races, while releasing extensive content focussing on humans, orcs and elves. Also that a Dark Ranger class is totally unrealistic to happen, when the lead story dev publicly expressed to be a big fan of both iconic dark ranger characters in the games canon. Because yeah, Danuser is best known to be a big fan of both Nathanos and Sylvanas which makes it most likely that the next class will be Tinker, considering that none of the both most famous tinker characters got nowhere near the development and screentime that Nathanos and Sylvanas received.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbrand View Post

Yup, they kind of summarize the conversations we had here and in similar threads. They didn't mention the Dark ranger, but i agree with everything they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Also him claiming that Blizz are actually totally Goblin and Gnome fans and that a Gnome and Goblin based Undermine expansion will totally happen next, when nothing in Blizzard release history ever indicated that the devs are particularily interested in those races, while releasing extensive content focussing on humans, orcs and elves. Also that a Dark Ranger class is totally unrealistic to happen, when the lead story dev publicly expressed to be a big fan of both iconic dark ranger characters in the games canon. Because yeah, Danuser is best known to be a big fan of both Nathanos and Sylvanas which makes it most likely that the next class will be Tinker, considering that none of the both most famous tinker characters got nowhere near the development and screentime that Nathanos and Sylvanas received.
    Back when the fake shadowlands leaks came out he was screeching that the tinker class definitely fit because of the ghostbusters theme even though in game story debunked the leak...and he kept changing it

Back when the fake shadowlands leaks came out he was screeching that the tinker class definitely fit because of the ghostbusters theme even though in game story debunked the leak...and he kept changing it
    Isn't he also trying to paint Gazlowe as some kind of big A-List WoW Icon? When I think many people probably don't even know who that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Isn't he also trying to paint Gazlowe as some kind of big A-List WoW Icon? When I think many people probably don't even know who that is?

If you don’t do the Mechagon stuff does he even show up??

It won’t be until 9.2 that we can really guess the next class and no amount of head canon can change it

If you don’t do the Mechagon stuff does he even show up??

It won’t be until 9.2 that we can really guess the next class and no amount of head canon can change it
    I think so, at least amoung the leaders of the Horde Council. The quest in which he replaces Gallywix as the leader of the Goblins is gated behind the Goblin Heritage Armor Quest, which kind of tells us, how important an event like the change of leadership in the Goblin race is to Blizzard. I make the bold assumption that the majority of people who know this development, probably only learned of it through outside sources instead of the actual game, considering the small representation of Goblins inside the playerbase, to which you add that not everyone will bother to do the rep grind and do the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    That art aesthetic would work well with my Bard concept

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Class-Concept
    holy shit! how long did this take you??? lot of thought, detail, and effort right here! Now if I can only get this same lvl of work out of my kids...
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Death Knight and demon hunter were ALSO prestige classes in the TTRPG so saying WoW doesn't have anything like a prestige class is an outright lie. They just called it Hero class instead.
    A phrase that has no meaning and no relation whatsoever to prestige classes at all. They're just new classes, period. The fact that they (sometimes) start at slightly higher levels mean absolutely nothing, too.