Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You're making far too much sense so be prepared for comments that have nothing to do with WoW. Like going on a tangent about the tinker in HotS. though I don't think they will release dark ranger as a full class purely because there isn't enough unique about them to separate them from Hunters.
    I don't know. I think its possible. Remember that people used to say the same about Demon Hunters, that they were basically just a mix of Rogues and Warlocks and not unique enough. RTS and NPC Class concepts seem to be rather bare bone and they usually are only expanded upon with the class being released. I think the argument that there isn't enough to seperate Hunters fom Dark Rangers also only exists, because Hunters as a ranged weapon spec have been unique in WoW for quite some time. I mean, if you look at it, there isn't that much seperating Paladins, Death Knights and Warriors superficially. All three are plate wearing fighters utilizing different aesthetic flavors, Paladins in shiny and Death Knights in dark, compared to warrior. Even Unholy DKs identity as a necromancer-like melee fighter is a new phenomena, before Legion they were mostly just warriors in dark and with dots with a pet for flavor. Before DKs were released, Warriors even received a Death Knight, more specifically Arthas, themed armor set in Naxxramas.

I think the Nathanos boss encounter and the abilities we see Sylvanas utilize are enough to build at least two unique Dark Ranger DPS specs, one plague themed and one shadow themed which also utilizes the banshee form. Sylvanas will probably also display unique abilities with her raid encounter in 9.1. What I could see is them mixing Warden as a Tank-Spec into the Dark Ranger, considering how the creation of Night Elf Dark Rangers, which is necessary for Dark Rangers to become a playable class, also came with the creation of a Dark Warden. And lets be real here, Dark Rangers as a playable class would totally utilize traits which were unique to Sylvanas before. They did the same with Death Knights and Demon Hunters in their customization. Glowing blue eyes were unique to Arthas before playable DKs, before WOTLK they used to have black or purple eyes. Demonic traits were unique to Illidan before playable Demon Hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Where did I say any of that was a big deal? I'm responding to your false statement that Blizzard developers have never shown any "particular interest" in Gnomes or Goblins. Those events in BFA show an interest and completely contradict your statement, whether you believe those events were important or not.
    Nooooot really...I mean, it was the first case of Gnome and Goblin related content in years, in the case of Gnomes even a decade and even then, it was side content. Gnome and Goblin themed Tinkers on the other hand would probably require an expansion centered around these themes, which seems unlikely considering how rare and sidelined content with those races as the centerpiece tends to be. I mean, even the one time when we had an expansion with goblin technology as a main threat. it was Orcs who were front and center and who we saw utilizing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    That is just you entering a state of delusion. Death Knights were always present in scourge-themed zones,
    Which expansion did we first see Death Knights in WoW?

ust as we had a demon hunter in one of the demon-themed zones. Naturally they were present in a scourge-themed raid. But do you know what was also plenty present in BC? Demon Hunters. Many, many Demon Hunters and yet no Demon Hunters für Cataclysm.
    Yeah, because Cataclysm came right after WotLK which had introduced Death Knights.

The Pandaren Monk I think is the one thing you build the conspiracy around, when its just a goofy, cute design inside the setting that was chosen for shop pets. Generally, there were no real hints in wotlk surrounding Pandaren.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=49665/pandaren-monk

Hint towards Pandaren Monk and Pandaria expansion.

The last one is just not true. Demon Hunters got multiple hint including recovering a manual of how to train new Demon Hunters and a Questline retelling the entire storyline of Illidan Stormrage in Cataclysm. Mists of Pandaria was the expansion, where the entire conclusion to the illidan storyline at the time was given to Warlocks, with their green fire questline revolving around metamorphosis, fel magic and absorbing demonic energies and their challenge mode set being designed after Illidan Stormrage. If anything, Mist of Pandaria was the expansion where the Demon Hunter ship seemed sailed and Blizz seemed to be confident to give the entire theme and aesthetic to Warlocks. If anything, your last example proves that Blizz is very likely not planing new classes that much in advance, probably not even one expansion, considering that the Demonology Warlock rewamp only came in Legion right when Demon Hunters were released.
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w..._Demon_Hunting
    https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set...trayer-regalia
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Wrathion

All hints towards Demon Hunter and Legion expansion.

And finally...dude, they got a bare minimum of screentime, are you real? I mean, if thats your standart, wouldn't it rather be Dark Rangers? You know, with Sylvanas being the poster child of BfA and the expansion establishing new Dark Ranger powers?
    The problem is that Shadowlands would have been the expansion for Dark Rangers, given Sylvanas' presence in it. Also her leaving the Forsaken at the end of BFA would have been a perfect opportunity for Dark Ranger corps in both Horde and Alliance to be brought forward. As it stands, with Nathanos dead, and Sylvanas likely dead at the end of the SL, and the existing Dark Rangers melting into the Forsaken race, a Dark Ranger class appears highly unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Nooooot really...I mean, it was the first case of Gnome and Goblin related content in years, in the case of Gnomes even a decade and even then, it was side content. Gnome and Goblin themed Tinkers on the other hand would probably require an expansion centered around these themes, which seems unlikely considering how rare and sidelined content with those races as the centerpiece tends to be. I mean, even the one time when we had an expansion with goblin technology as a main threat. it was Orcs who were front and center and who we saw utilizing it.
    Except an expansion focusing completely on Goblins and Gnomes isn't necessary to bring a Tinker class into the game.

That said, Undermine is always on the table, and like Pandaria, it was a planned WoW continent.

I don't know. I think its possible. Remember that people used to say the same about Demon Hunters, that they were basically just a mix of Rogues and Warlocks and not unique enough. RTS and NPC Class concepts seem to be rather bare bone and they usually are only expanded upon with the class being released. I think the argument that there isn't enough to seperate Hunters fom Dark Rangers also only exists, because Hunters as a ranged weapon spec have been unique in WoW for quite some time. I mean, if you look at it, there isn't that much seperating Paladins, Death Knights and Warriors superficially. All three are plate wearing fighters utilizing different aesthetic flavors, Paladins in shiny and Death Knights in dark, compared to warrior. Even Unholy DKs identity as a necromancer-like melee fighter is a new phenomena, before Legion they were mostly just warriors in dark and with dots with a pet for flavor. Before DKs were released, Warriors even received a Death Knight, more specifically Arthas, themed armor set in Naxxramas.

I think the Nathanos boss encounter and the abilities we see Sylvanas utilize are enough to build at least two unique Dark Ranger DPS specs, one plague themed and one shadow themed which also utilizes the banshee form. Sylvanas will probably also display unique abilities with her raid encounter in 9.1. What I could see is them mixing Warden as a Tank-Spec into the Dark Ranger, considering how the creation of Night Elf Dark Rangers, which is necessary for Dark Rangers to become a playable class, also came with the creation of a Dark Warden. And lets be real here, Dark Rangers as a playable class would totally utilize traits which were unique to Sylvanas before. They did the same with Death Knights and Demon Hunters in their customization. Glowing blue eyes were unique to Arthas before playable DKs, before WOTLK they used to have black or purple eyes. Demonic traits were unique to Illidan before playable Demon Hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

A tank spec for dark ranger would make absolutely zero sense. It's a ranged class both in lore and in game. Also, with Sylvanas and Nathanos gone, there is nobody that can make new dark rangers since they are ALL undead.

Vanilla WoW.

The first two are not "hints toward demon hunters". They're just stuff for the warlock class.

Yeah, because Cataclysm came right after WotLK which had introduced Death Knights.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=49665/pandaren-monk

Hint towards Pandaren Monk and Pandaria expansion.

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w..._Demon_Hunting
    https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set...trayer-regalia
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Wrathion

All hints towards Demon Hunter and Legion expansion.

The problem is that Shadowlands would have been the expansion for Dark Rangers, given Sylvanas' presence in it. Also her leaving the Forsaken at the end of BFA would have been a perfect opportunity for Dark Ranger corps in both Horde and Alliance to be brought forward. As it stands, with Nathanos dead, and Sylvanas likely dead at the end of the SL, and the existing Dark Rangers melting into the Forsaken race, a Dark Ranger class appears highly unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Except an expansion focusing completely on Goblins and Gnomes isn't necessary to bring a Tinker class into the game.

That said, Undermine is always on the table, and like Pandaria, it was a planned WoW continent.
    I really really wanted Dark Rangers. I love caster classes and wanted to play a range hunter variation that wasn't what current hunter has... Sighhhh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Vanilla WoW.

The first two are not "hints toward demon hunters". They're just stuff for the warlock class.
    Both involving Demon Hunters and Illidan.

There was also this;

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Master_Cheng

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    I really really wanted Dark Rangers. I love caster classes and wanted to play a range hunter variation that wasn't what current hunter has... Sighhhh
    You're not alone. I believe the problem is that Blizzard simply didn't view Dark Rangers as different enough from the existing Hunter class.

Both involving Demon Hunters and Illidan.
    Yeah. Because, as it was made obvious at the time, they were incorporating the DH concept into the warlock class.

First you have to prove that his mention of "demon hunter" is actually talking about the demon hunter class concept (i.e. eating demon souls and become a demonic aberration) or if it just means "hunter of demons", i.e. anyone who goes after demons.

And I'll repeat: death knights were present already back in vanilla WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

AGAIN!? ALREADY!?!

5+ Year Old Account
    Seems Teriz attacked blademaster concept tread, and was banned.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

AGAIN!? ALREADY!?!
    Are you really surprised by that? I would really like to see them a support class like bard to the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of the whole Bard concept as its own class, would prefer it as something that every character could do, like a "mini-game" that allows you to create your own songs and stuff, though I can see it getting annoying quite fast in the main cities, but regardless it would be quite popular in RP realms.

But I do like the idea of the Dragon themed class, like a dragonsworn, the subclass just have to be divided into every group, maybe excluding black because of the lack of a "Black Dragonflight"

- - - Updated - - -

One of the main reasons i like Dark Ranger idea is because i really want another class that uses a bow, and yes, a bow not a gun, so tinkerer or artificer is not what i'm looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

A tank spec for dark ranger would make absolutely zero sense. It's a ranged class both in lore and in game. Also, with Sylvanas and Nathanos gone, there is nobody that can make new dark rangers since they are ALL undead.
    Well Calia did took a group of Dark Rangers under her wing, and they may be others that didn't follow Sylvanas, regardless, the true question is, Do they have the knowledge to actually teach others?

Also we don't know if being undead is a requirement to be a Dark Ranger, it just have been the status quo cause the one who made the special force was Sylvanas and the undead were her people, and specially the Dark Rangers, they were her "elite warriors"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    One of the main reasons i like Dark Ranger idea is because i really want another class that uses a bow, and yes, a bow not a gun, so tinkerer or artificer is not what i'm looking for.
    Then, feast your eyes upon that:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52906195

I look at the difference between shaman enhance & elemental and I think that we could have that in a "ranged death class" with Dark Ranger being the physical/magic spec, and Necromancer being the caster/pet spec.

you can even add a 3rd spec like Plague Doctor for a full poison themed caster, and/or a Hemomancer/Blood Mage for a blood themed heal spec.

for the Bard class/theme, you can't really add a "support" class because that would need to reform the whole trinity concept. that 4 types of class exist in DC Universe Online (tank, heal, dps, control) but that would cost us a dps slot to change into support in dungeon and at least 2 on raids.
    that'd be a change too big for some people and could cause the game to lose players.
    on the other hand it could be an open door for many more spec for some class to add more support possibilities than the bard spec.
    I'd put bard into the rogue class personally, equip ranged weapons, because like the bard character tell us in Dragon Age : Origins, plenty of bard were assassins disguised, and you would have another ranged physical spec in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Not a fan of the whole Bard concept as its own class, would prefer it as something that every character could do, like a "mini-game" that allows you to create your own songs and stuff, though I can see it getting annoying quite fast in the main cities, but regardless it would be quite popular in RP realms.

But I do like the idea of the Dragon themed class, like a dragonsworn, the subclass just have to be divided into every group, maybe excluding black because of the lack of a "Black Dragonflight"

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Well Calia did took a group of Dark Rangers under her wing, and they may be others that didn't follow Sylvanas, regardless, the true question is, Do they have the knowledge to actually teach others?

Also we don't know if being undead is a requirement to be a Dark Ranger, it just have been the status quo cause the one who made the special force was Sylvanas and the undead were her people, and specially the Dark Rangers, they were her "elite warriors"
    There isn't a single living dark ranger. they actually are all undead. It's similar to DK in that regard. As for teaching others, I doubt it. And with Sylvanas gone there would be nobody to raise anyone to become a dark ranger anymore. From a lore perspective, it would make NO sense.

There isn't a single living dark ranger. they actually are all undead. It's similar to DK in that regard. As for teaching others, I doubt it. And with Sylvanas gone there would be nobody to raise anyone to become a dark ranger anymore. From a lore perspective, it would make NO sense.
    Do not eulogize her, yet.

"although Tyrande managed to kill one of the Val'kyr, the Horde succeeded in raising not only Delaryn but also Sira."

"Sira confronted and fought off a Horde adventurer, Nathanos Blightcaller and the Val'kyr that were aiming to raise Delaryn Summermoon, but was killed."

"despite Tyrande's efforts the Val'kyr succeeded in raising not only Delaryn but Sira as well."

"Nathanos rose as a mindless thrall of the Scourge, bound to the will of the Lich King".

"During the fall of Quel'Thalas, Arthas Menethil said to Sylvanas that many of her rangers served him as well. These could be dark rangers which would eventually be freed and joined the Forsaken."

"Nathanos Blightcaller is said to be training a new generation of Forsaken rangers. These rangers could actually be dark rangers." - so, anyone undead can, probably, learn it.

She is not the only one to raise them.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-04-05 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    and yet no tinker... you know, just like we had plenty of the legion in "the burning crusade" and we had to wait until the next legion centered expansion to get the class ?

of course, blizzard is considering the tinker as a future class, but they didn't say it was the only one? they must consider several, not like there are not concepts all around to pick.

it'd have to be a full expansion centered around tech, and for now we have absolutely no idea what's coming for the future of WoW.
    could be the next exp & class combo, or you could have to wait 4, 6, 8 or more years. nodoby knows.

maybe there is a slow poke race between the tinker and star citizen ? the one to release first lose !! lol
    I mean cata was an expansion with tons of dragon lore
    Next expansion with dragon stuff may give way to dragon sworn

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    "Nathanos Blightcaller is said to be training a new generation of Forsaken rangers. These rangers could actually be dark rangers." - so, anyone undead can, probably, learn it.
    Agree with the rest of your sources, but just want to clarify on this that the Forsaken Rangers that Nathanos trains are not typical 'Dark Ranger'. They're shown in game as male Forsaken with an axe and/or crossbow. It's not explicitly known if these are exactly 'Dark Rangers', since they're just called Forsaken Ranger and otherwise don't have much resemblance to the typical Elven Dark Ranger.

As Nathanos was a Hunter trainer, these could simply be 'a new generation of Forsaken Hunters' moreso than actual Dark Rangers.

This seems to be different from the Dark Rangers that were recently raised in BFA.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-04-05 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I mean cata was an expansion with tons of dragon lore
    Next expansion with dragon stuff may give way to dragon sworn
    I'd really like it because I like dragons as that big powerhouse they are.
    but cata mostly ended the power of the aspects and greatly diminished the dragon flight powers.
    and even in legion, the quest for the black dragon scale that gave us the 1st essence, we got given most of the last power the dragons had to lend.
    unless they recover more of it, maybe if we finally get that giant sword out of the wound, and empty the heart of azeroth, the dragon could get a recharge with all that power added to theirs into the heart.
    of course that could also give power / break prisons for the next big bad too, so that nicely work for double effects hehe.

but cata mostly ended the power of the aspects and greatly diminished the dragon flight powers.
    and even in legion, the quest for the black dragon scale that gave us the 1st essence, we got given most of the last power the dragons had to lend.
    unless they recover more of it, maybe if we finally get that giant sword out of the wound, and empty the heart of azeroth, the dragon could get a recharge with all that power added to theirs into the heart.
    of course that could also give power / break prisons for the next big bad too, so that nicely work for double effects hehe.
    Well the essence storyline seemed like it was rebuilding the aspects

So currently the aspects as we know it are empowered by the other titans but imagine them empowered by Azeroth directly

The story's actually opened up greatly for the return of the Dragonflight's power and role.

Even if it might not give it directly to the Aspects, we have plenty of material to work with.

- Azerite and Azeroth's power spilling into the world, empowering many different races. Dragons could be repowered through this.
    - Dragon Isles are completely mysterious, lending itself to be a macguffin for whatever Blizzard wants. Dragon-related Heart of Azeroth 2.0, massive stores of Azerite, whatever.
    - Ysera is revived in Shadowlands. We're shown a soft 'rebirth' being possible for Aspects. Redemption may be possible for other aspects like Malygos or Nozdormu being able to escape his fate of becoming Murozond.
    - Titans were somewhat 'reborn' in Legion. Knowing this, the power of the Aspects being lost through the Dragonsoul might not be lost, but simply scattered and left ot be collected. I know it's a bullshit reasoning, but we're talking about WoW lore here. Dragon Isles could tie in a potential 'repowering' of the Aspects, and any mortal champions who fight for their cause.
    - Wrathion shenanigans with Titan tech.

3+ Year Old Account
    Well we know Sylvanas will be redeemed from recent data mining, she appears to regain her living appearance and dons her elven attire again. Can't exactly say this is confirmation but we can be confident that she will remain within the story, alive(-ish). Furthermore, we've got Night Elven, High Elven (Blood Elves and Void Elves) as well as a Human DR. This is light speculation of course but it seems as though they wanted to expand the DR racial repertoire in Shadowlands. So why not Dark Rangers?

Edit: Just dawned on me the datamined redeemed Sylvanas model was part of the April Fool's showcase lol
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2021-04-05 at 09:16 PM.