1. #5261
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Not a fan of the whole Bard concept as its own class, would prefer it as something that every character could do, like a "mini-game" that allows you to create your own songs and stuff, though I can see it getting annoying quite fast in the main cities, but regardless it would be quite popular in RP realms.

    But I do like the idea of the Dragon themed class, like a dragonsworn, the subclass just have to be divided into every group, maybe excluding black because of the lack of a "Black Dragonflight"

    - - - Updated - - -



    One of the main reasons i like Dark Ranger idea is because i really want another class that uses a bow, and yes, a bow not a gun, so tinkerer or artificer is not what i'm looking for.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well Calia did took a group of Dark Rangers under her wing, and they may be others that didn't follow Sylvanas, regardless, the true question is, Do they have the knowledge to actually teach others?

    Also we don't know if being undead is a requirement to be a Dark Ranger, it just have been the status quo cause the one who made the special force was Sylvanas and the undead were her people, and specially the Dark Rangers, they were her "elite warriors"
    There isn't a single living dark ranger. they actually are all undead. It's similar to DK in that regard. As for teaching others, I doubt it. And with Sylvanas gone there would be nobody to raise anyone to become a dark ranger anymore. From a lore perspective, it would make NO sense.

  2. #5262
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There isn't a single living dark ranger. they actually are all undead. It's similar to DK in that regard. As for teaching others, I doubt it. And with Sylvanas gone there would be nobody to raise anyone to become a dark ranger anymore. From a lore perspective, it would make NO sense.
    Do not eulogize her, yet.

    "although Tyrande managed to kill one of the Val'kyr, the Horde succeeded in raising not only Delaryn but also Sira."

    "Sira confronted and fought off a Horde adventurer, Nathanos Blightcaller and the Val'kyr that were aiming to raise Delaryn Summermoon, but was killed."

    "despite Tyrande's efforts the Val'kyr succeeded in raising not only Delaryn but Sira as well."

    "Nathanos rose as a mindless thrall of the Scourge, bound to the will of the Lich King".

    "During the fall of Quel'Thalas, Arthas Menethil said to Sylvanas that many of her rangers served him as well. These could be dark rangers which would eventually be freed and joined the Forsaken."

    "Nathanos Blightcaller is said to be training a new generation of Forsaken rangers. These rangers could actually be dark rangers." - so, anyone undead can, probably, learn it.

    She is not the only one to raise them.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-04-05 at 04:56 PM.

  3. #5263
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    and yet no tinker... you know, just like we had plenty of the legion in "the burning crusade" and we had to wait until the next legion centered expansion to get the class ?

    of course, blizzard is considering the tinker as a future class, but they didn't say it was the only one? they must consider several, not like there are not concepts all around to pick.

    it'd have to be a full expansion centered around tech, and for now we have absolutely no idea what's coming for the future of WoW.
    could be the next exp & class combo, or you could have to wait 4, 6, 8 or more years. nodoby knows.

    maybe there is a slow poke race between the tinker and star citizen ? the one to release first lose !! lol
    I mean cata was an expansion with tons of dragon lore
    Next expansion with dragon stuff may give way to dragon sworn

  4. #5264
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    "Nathanos Blightcaller is said to be training a new generation of Forsaken rangers. These rangers could actually be dark rangers." - so, anyone undead can, probably, learn it.
    Agree with the rest of your sources, but just want to clarify on this that the Forsaken Rangers that Nathanos trains are not typical 'Dark Ranger'. They're shown in game as male Forsaken with an axe and/or crossbow. It's not explicitly known if these are exactly 'Dark Rangers', since they're just called Forsaken Ranger and otherwise don't have much resemblance to the typical Elven Dark Ranger.

    As Nathanos was a Hunter trainer, these could simply be 'a new generation of Forsaken Hunters' moreso than actual Dark Rangers.

    This seems to be different from the Dark Rangers that were recently raised in BFA.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-04-05 at 06:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  5. #5265
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I mean cata was an expansion with tons of dragon lore
    Next expansion with dragon stuff may give way to dragon sworn
    I'd really like it because I like dragons as that big powerhouse they are.
    but cata mostly ended the power of the aspects and greatly diminished the dragon flight powers.
    and even in legion, the quest for the black dragon scale that gave us the 1st essence, we got given most of the last power the dragons had to lend.
    unless they recover more of it, maybe if we finally get that giant sword out of the wound, and empty the heart of azeroth, the dragon could get a recharge with all that power added to theirs into the heart.
    of course that could also give power / break prisons for the next big bad too, so that nicely work for double effects hehe.

  6. #5266
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    I'd really like it because I like dragons as that big powerhouse they are.
    but cata mostly ended the power of the aspects and greatly diminished the dragon flight powers.
    and even in legion, the quest for the black dragon scale that gave us the 1st essence, we got given most of the last power the dragons had to lend.
    unless they recover more of it, maybe if we finally get that giant sword out of the wound, and empty the heart of azeroth, the dragon could get a recharge with all that power added to theirs into the heart.
    of course that could also give power / break prisons for the next big bad too, so that nicely work for double effects hehe.
    Well the essence storyline seemed like it was rebuilding the aspects

    So currently the aspects as we know it are empowered by the other titans but imagine them empowered by Azeroth directly

  7. #5267
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    I'd really like it because I like dragons as that big powerhouse they are.
    but cata mostly ended the power of the aspects and greatly diminished the dragon flight powers.
    and even in legion, the quest for the black dragon scale that gave us the 1st essence, we got given most of the last power the dragons had to lend.
    unless they recover more of it, maybe if we finally get that giant sword out of the wound, and empty the heart of azeroth, the dragon could get a recharge with all that power added to theirs into the heart.
    of course that could also give power / break prisons for the next big bad too, so that nicely work for double effects hehe.
    The story's actually opened up greatly for the return of the Dragonflight's power and role.

    Even if it might not give it directly to the Aspects, we have plenty of material to work with.

    - Azerite and Azeroth's power spilling into the world, empowering many different races. Dragons could be repowered through this.
    - Dragon Isles are completely mysterious, lending itself to be a macguffin for whatever Blizzard wants. Dragon-related Heart of Azeroth 2.0, massive stores of Azerite, whatever.
    - Ysera is revived in Shadowlands. We're shown a soft 'rebirth' being possible for Aspects. Redemption may be possible for other aspects like Malygos or Nozdormu being able to escape his fate of becoming Murozond.
    - Titans were somewhat 'reborn' in Legion. Knowing this, the power of the Aspects being lost through the Dragonsoul might not be lost, but simply scattered and left ot be collected. I know it's a bullshit reasoning, but we're talking about WoW lore here. Dragon Isles could tie in a potential 'repowering' of the Aspects, and any mortal champions who fight for their cause.
    - Wrathion shenanigans with Titan tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  8. #5268
    Mechagnome Sagenod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There isn't a single living dark ranger. they actually are all undead. It's similar to DK in that regard. As for teaching others, I doubt it. And with Sylvanas gone there would be nobody to raise anyone to become a dark ranger anymore. From a lore perspective, it would make NO sense.
    Well we know Sylvanas will be redeemed from recent data mining, she appears to regain her living appearance and dons her elven attire again. Can't exactly say this is confirmation but we can be confident that she will remain within the story, alive(-ish). Furthermore, we've got Night Elven, High Elven (Blood Elves and Void Elves) as well as a Human DR. This is light speculation of course but it seems as though they wanted to expand the DR racial repertoire in Shadowlands. So why not Dark Rangers?

    Edit: Just dawned on me the datamined redeemed Sylvanas model was part of the April Fool's showcase lol
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2021-04-05 at 09:16 PM.
    Check out the Drakonaar, my playable race concept! (WIP -- Looking for artists)


  9. #5269
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Not a fan of the whole Bard concept as its own class, would prefer it as something that every character could do, like a "mini-game" that allows you to create your own songs and stuff, though I can see it getting annoying quite fast in the main cities, but regardless it would be quite popular in RP realms.

    But I do like the idea of the Dragon themed class, like a dragonsworn, the subclass just have to be divided into every group, maybe excluding black because of the lack of a "Black Dragonflight"

    - - - Updated - - -



    One of the main reasons i like Dark Ranger idea is because i really want another class that uses a bow, and yes, a bow not a gun, so tinkerer or artificer is not what i'm looking for.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well Calia did took a group of Dark Rangers under her wing, and they may be others that didn't follow Sylvanas, regardless, the true question is, Do they have the knowledge to actually teach others?

    Also we don't know if being undead is a requirement to be a Dark Ranger, it just have been the status quo cause the one who made the special force was Sylvanas and the undead were her people, and specially the Dark Rangers, they were her "elite warriors"
    If the Dark Ranger ever becomes a class; being undead will suddenly no longer be a requirement. Just like Being a ranger before hand won't be a requirement anymore either.

    Just like monks.

    Okay not exactly like monks. There's a few more obstacles to account for with Dark Rangers.

    Currently in lore; those requirements are:
    * Be a ranger in life. (Not sure if this is just "a ranger" or specifically joining the farstriders)
    * Be undead.

    That first one is why all Dark Rangers are elves, with the only human dark ranger also being the only human to ever become a ranger.

    Then again void elves exist as a playable race, so if blizzard wants dark rangers to be a thing; they will be.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2021-04-05 at 08:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

  10. #5270
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    12,992
    What a wonderful idea make another class elf based, like we didn't just got one, "dark rangers" if ever be a class(which we seriouslly don't need atm), should work like dks, you need to be dead and everyone can be, not another elf only class

  11. #5271
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

    Ehhh, tinker really feels like a ranged physical damage dealer. I love casters, emphasis on the magic part of them. Spriests, mages, and affliction warlock has been my thing for years. Hunter feels too.... "melee-y" and realistic for my like. Tinker really feels like a... "sci fi" melee ranged class?. I would like to play with sort of a magic based hunter class. That's why I really like the idea of dark ranger

  12. #5272
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Agree with the rest of your sources, but just want to clarify on this that the Forsaken Rangers that Nathanos trains are not typical 'Dark Ranger'. They're shown in game as male Forsaken with an axe and/or crossbow. It's not explicitly known if these are exactly 'Dark Rangers', since they're just called Forsaken Ranger and otherwise don't have much resemblance to the typical Elven Dark Ranger.

    As Nathanos was a Hunter trainer, these could simply be 'a new generation of Forsaken Hunters' moreso than actual Dark Rangers.

    This seems to be different from the Dark Rangers that were recently raised in BFA.
    Not to discount the possibility of a Dark Ranger class by calling these Forsaken Hunters "Dark Rangers", but Dark Rangers could, definitely, encompass more than just the High elven archetype, including axes and crossbows.
    Sylvanas uses daggers for melee combat, after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    What a wonderful idea make another class elf based, like we didn't just got one, "dark rangers" if ever be a class(which we seriouslly don't need atm), should work like dks, you need to be dead and everyone can be, not another elf only class
    Not everyone.
    Blood elves, Void elves, Night elves, Humans, Forsaken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    Ehhh, tinker really feels like a ranged physical damage dealer. I love casters, emphasis on the magic part of them. Spriests, mages, and affliction warlock has been my thing for years. Hunter feels too.... "melee-y" and realistic for my like. Tinker really feels like a... "sci fi" melee ranged class?. I would like to play with sort of a magic based hunter class. That's why I really like the idea of dark ranger
    What? did you scroll down?
    There's a Dark Ranger concept.

  13. #5273
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Not to discount the possibility of a Dark Ranger class by calling these Forsaken Hunters "Dark Rangers", but Dark Rangers could, definitely, encompass more than just the High elven archetype, including axes and crossbows.
    Sylvanas uses daggers for melee combat, after all.
    My point was that Nathanos' Forsaken Rangers aren't actually themed anywhere simiarly to the Dark Ranger concept to begin with, and on top of that aren't actually referred to as "Dark Ranger". They're modelled off of Nathanos' Vanilla appearance, when he was donned his Woodsman look and was little more than an Undead Hunter NPC with undead dogs in tow.

    And I agree that the Dark Ranger could definitely encompass more than just the High Elf archetype, but bridging it back to a typical woodsman-style Hunter would be counter intuitive. I mean would we want a Demon Hunter class that expands by using Swords and Axes? Probably not. We'd want them to double down on that particular identity and explore a new class that is distinct from existing ones.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-04-05 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  14. #5274
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    12,992
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Not everyone.
    Blood elves, Void elves, Night elves, Humans, Forsaken.
    .
    is even dumber, make a class that is mostly horde based only be available to two races in the horde and 3 in the alliance, and of course only elves because reasons

    is stupid, if forsakens are training more they can train everyone, there is not a single reason for why a void elf would be and not a troll or a goblin


    Seems like bad class concepts is not enough we have to make even worse by making then exclusive for no reasons other that what people like more.

  15. #5275
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Seems like bad class concepts is not enough we have to make even worse by making then exclusive for no reasons other that what people like more.
    What would you actually consider is a good concept then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  16. #5276
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Not to discount the possibility of a Dark Ranger class by calling these Forsaken Hunters "Dark Rangers", but Dark Rangers could, definitely, encompass more than just the High elven archetype, including axes and crossbows.
    Sylvanas uses daggers for melee combat, after all.



    Not everyone.
    Blood elves, Void elves, Night elves, Humans, Forsaken.



    What? did you scroll down?
    There's a Dark Ranger concept.
    As mentioned by Triceron, Nathanos was training hunters and not dark rangers. Though that just furthers the fact that there isn't enough unique about dark ranger to warrant an entirely new class. Also, restricting ANOTHER class to mostly elves would be as terrible of an idea as restricting tinker to gnomes and goblins.

  17. #5277
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    What a wonderful idea make another class elf based, like we didn't just got one, "dark rangers" if ever be a class(which we seriouslly don't need atm), should work like dks, you need to be dead and everyone can be, not another elf only class
    I agree, though with the existence of Nathanos, i don't see any reason why it would be an elf only thing, also do we really need them to be undead?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There isn't a single living dark ranger. they actually are all undead. It's similar to DK in that regard. As for teaching others, I doubt it. And with Sylvanas gone there would be nobody to raise anyone to become a dark ranger anymore. From a lore perspective, it would make NO sense.
    But unlike DK, Dark Ranger don't see to use any type of energy that requires being undead, is more like the reason we only had Undead DR is because Sylvanas was the one who created the "class" and as queen of a faction of undead, and having them as her special forces, she would teach her people only.

    Note: I know that Dark Rangers use shadow magic instead of nature magic but there's no reason why it can't be used by a living ranger too

    Note2: Sylvanas do use some unique abilities that are a thing because of her undead nature, or to be more precise, her banshee nature, but they don't seem to be a "Dark Ranger" ability, more of a Sylvanas's ability.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    As mentioned by Triceron, Nathanos was training hunters and not dark rangers. Though that just furthers the fact that there isn't enough unique about dark ranger to warrant an entirely new class. Also, restricting ANOTHER class to mostly elves would be as terrible of an idea as restricting tinker to gnomes and goblins.
    Regardless if the Dark Rangers are unique enough to be their own class or not, I do agree that there's no reason to limit this class to elves and humans only.
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2021-04-06 at 02:16 AM.

  18. #5278
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I agree, though with the existence of Nathanos, i don't see any reason why it would be an elf only thing, also do we really need them to be undead?

    - - - Updated - - -



    But unlike DK, Dark Ranger don't see to use any type of energy that requires being undead, is more like the reason we only had Undead DR is because Sylvanas was the one who created the "class" and as queen of a faction of undead, and having them as her special forces, she would teach her people only.

    Note: I know that Dark Rangers use shadow magic instead of nature magic but there's no reason why it can't be used by a living ranger too

    Note2: Sylvanas do use some unique abilities that are a thing because of her undead nature, or to be more precise, her banshee nature, but they don't seem to be a "Dark Ranger" ability, more of a Sylvanas's ability.
    Which does nothing but further show that dark rangers are essentially hunters lol. But also, not a single dark ranger is living so it would stand to reason that it's an undead only thing. Though with Nathanos and Sylvanas gone, there's nobody left to train more dark rangers.

  19. #5279
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,470
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Which does nothing but further show that dark rangers are essentially hunters lol. But also, not a single dark ranger is living so it would stand to reason that it's an undead only thing. Though with Nathanos and Sylvanas gone, there's nobody left to train more dark rangers.
    I'm ok with the idea of Dark Ranger as just another Hunter spec or their own class (both works for me).

    Well but the reason there are only undead is because the one who uses them as a special corps, also we are not sure if the other Dark Rangers that are left (those that went with Calia and some others that were left in the Horde) can actually teach a new generation of Dark Rangers, so its a "maybe"

  20. #5280
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    As mentioned by Triceron, Nathanos was training hunters and not dark rangers. Though that just furthers the fact that there isn't enough unique about dark ranger to warrant an entirely new class. Also, restricting ANOTHER class to mostly elves would be as terrible of an idea as restricting tinker to gnomes and goblins.
    Nathanos is not the end-all, be-all of Dark Rangers though. He's barely a Dark Ranger as it is, considering he has zero established Dark Ranger abilities and was always a Ranger by profession.


    Delaryn Summermoon, Sira Moonwarden and others can easily carry the torch. On top of that, we don't know fully what Shadowlands has in store. Redeemed Sylvanas datamine seems interesting enough, not sure where they're taking that. It's possible that 'Dark Ranger' could simply be a spec of a Ranger class if the whole concept of 'Death' gets permantly affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •