Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It’s happened three separate times with three separate classes in three separate expansions.

And no, Runemaster isn’t a counter example because it’s not a WoW class.
    It is a counter example because, if everything you said about class concept viability was true, the runemaster would not even be considered, much less be one of the top three, beating popular concepts such as the demon hunter and tinker. That is a fact you cannot escape.

1. If it’s not a fact,
    This isn't how it works. "I'm right unless you prove me wrong" is not how truth and honesty works, Teriz.

Please post Blizzard’s statements for 2 and 3.
    When they considered the runemaster a viable and possible concept.

Post a link to the WoW Runemaster class.

Completely irrelevant since it never became a WoW class and we have no idea what concepts, characters, abilities, etc. were planned for it.
    Stop trying to handwave away facts that debunk your claims. I'll repeat: if everything you said about class concept viability was true, the runemaster would not even be considered, much less be one of the top three, beating popular concepts such as the demon hunter and tinker.

You’re just ignoring facts at this point,
    Those levels of projection are so high and so intense that on its own it should be an infractable offense.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

I seriously can't tell what people here are even arguing about anymore.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you play around but didn't answer the question

we we have zero power to deny because we are not blizzard, might as well shut down all the forums and discussions about the game, but thats not the point, the point is tinker is likely or not, as a playable class, and they are, at least, more than the same class with another name for sure.
    It is the point though.

Blizzard can make anything playable, Blizzard is the ones that defines what goes into the game and what doesn't.

If we compare the two concepts of Demon Hunter and Tinker, Tinker wins out at everything. Tinker has open gameplay to explore, Tinker can be designed to tank, DPS and heal, Tinker has a theme that no other class shares. Demon Hunter has gameplay overlap with Warlock, Monk and Rogues, Metamorphosis is already on the Warlock, and Rogues can already use Warglaives of Azzinoth. And despite all this, Blizzard chose to make Demon Hunters playable before they made a Tinker.

As fans we can decide to talk about one class having more possibility than another class, but Blizzard is the ones who chooses it. Tinker had more possibility than Demon Hunter ever would, but Demon Hunters got added before Tinker. That means Blizzard isn't operating on the same assumption of possibility that everyone else is using. They did what most people didn't expect and added a class that had a lot of theme overlap, took abilities away from Warlocks and Monk, and made it with only 2 specs. They could have explored a Tinker class instead, but they didn't.

When it comes down to it, Tinkers don't have more of a possibility than any other class. The chances are still 100% based on what Blizzard chooses for the theme of the upcoming expansion. We know they are tailoring the class picks to expansion story and setting, so much of the choices will have to be based on whatever comes next. And when it comes to an expansion that features Tinkers in the story and setting? The chances of that happening are quite low.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-04-20 at 06:21 AM.
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Teriz is either nuts or trolling everyone with fallacious and delusional arguments about how Tinker is some sort of big hit that has been foreshadowed since WC3 and deserves a long-awaited spotlight in the next expansion.

Everyone else who voices reasonable opinions is somehow "less intelligent or more biased than him", which is a bit of a sad argument to the eyes of everyone reading this thread.

The lore is leading to cosmic things and Danuser has multiple times pointed out that SL is the "springboard" to an even greater cosmology (eg. Bellular interview). Yet it somehow makes sense to suddenly turn 180 and make an expansion where midget races (apparently he thinks they are the only race deserving the honors of the Tinker class) overtake the narrative and that's something every person following the lore/story should want deep inside.

Same thing every time the class topic is brought up. I used to be more triggered myself but at this point, I'm simply baffled at how someone like him is allowed to overwhelm every thread that refers to something where Tinker can fit in.

It is getting extremely toxic at this point. I come to threads like this and instead of seeing imaginative speculation, I see moronic mental gymnastics about how Tinker is the real deal or whatever.

On a real note, sometimes people have legitimate concerns/feedback...sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Teriz is either nuts or trolling everyone with fallacious and delusional arguments about how Tinker is some sort of big hit that has been foreshadowed since WC3 and deserves a long-awaited spotlight in the next expansion.
    I would love to see some examples of these "fallacious and delusional" arguments.

Typically if a class concept falls into the criteria of the previous three class inclusions, and happens to be a thematic that is non-existent in the current class lineup, I would argue that such a class concept has a rather high chance of inclusion. I do recognize that some posters prefer darker, more edgier themes, but that simply isn't the case for every one. I'm not even sure that after Demon Hunters, it's even in the majority anymore. I believe that most players desiring a new class want someone new and different, and definitely something that doesn't feel like the merging of existing concepts with a new slap of paint. The future class polling on this forum bears that out quite a bit.

The lore is leading to cosmic things and Danuser has multiple times pointed out that SL is the "springboard" to an even greater cosmology (eg. Bellular interview). Yet it somehow makes sense to suddenly turn 180 and make an expansion where midget races (apparently he thinks they are the only race deserving the honors of the Tinker class) overtake the narrative and that's something every person following the lore/story should want deep inside.
    Simply because the lore is leading to cosmic things doesn't mean we're going to be experiencing those cosmic things in the next expansion, or the expansion after that. Bellular himself stated that himself and other players are a bit concerned about the ratcheting up of the threat and how things are getting a bit absurd. We're going to beat death, and I suppose the next step is defeating reality, order, and chaos? I think some players would prefer to explore the Dragon Isles, Tel Abim, or yes, even the Undermine instead of venturing off into space to fight literal gods.

Eh I gave up arguing with the tinker fanboy

Also anyone who claims it is fact that X class can’t exist

Dragonsworn4Lyfe

a ranged dh so everyone loses their minds.

I honestly think they should add bard to the game but In all honesty blizzard is going to add whatever they want. The problem with these type of threads are certain individuals enter them and than derail the thread into their fan concept not letting telling everyone else they are wrong and it turns in to 100’s of pages of The same people arguing the same arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Eh I gave up arguing with the tinker fanboy

Also anyone who claims it is fact that X class can’t exist

Dragonsworn4Lyfe
    Tinker class will always be a boring shit idea and I hope it will never see daylight.

I'm not sure if I would prefer a new separate class, or a new 4th / 5th spec of an existing class, for example a Demonhunter spec for Hunter? But if there are more variations thinkable for the DH (I can't?!), then a brand new class would be best and most fun.

But my big wish-list of a new class/spec would be of a shaman tank, YES!. Something like an Earth Warden. He/she could tank by using a big elemental, or by using a bigger earth shield spell with a stoneskin totem and more..? I'm ok with both playstyles. But we have to be mobile, so a totem bind elemental would not be ideal, far from ideal.
    Saying this..... I also want updates for my totems, I want a different style totem for my Goblin shaman. The Goblin mechanical totems don't match the story behind my Tribal Goblin Shaman.....since how long can we use transmogs??? And we are still not being able to change the design of our totems......we have travelled all around Azeroth and beyond, in present, past and future...and death.....and we still have no clue at all of any other totem design...???? Weird, very weird...

A ranged class for starters all have been melee so far.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Tinker class will always be a boring shit idea and I hope it will never see daylight.
    It might and it might not but personally I find a tech based class boring compared to a high fantasy class like dragonsworn (I mean actual mortals empowered by dragons like in the lore not bastard dragons with identity issues)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obvious10 View Post
    I'm not sure if I would prefer a new separate class, or a new 4th / 5th spec of an existing class, for example a Demonhunter spec for Hunter? But if there are more variations thinkable for the DH (I can't?!), then a brand new class would be best and most fun.

But my big wish-list of a new class/spec would be of a shaman tank, YES!. Something like an Earth Warden. He/she could tank by using a big elemental, or by using a bigger earth shield spell with a stoneskin totem and more..? I'm ok with both playstyles. But we have to be mobile, so a totem bind elemental would not be ideal, far from ideal.
    Saying this..... I also want updates for my totems, I want a different style totem for my Goblin shaman. The Goblin mechanical totems don't match the story behind my Tribal Goblin Shaman.....since how long can we use transmogs??? And we are still not being able to change the design of our totems......we have travelled all around Azeroth and beyond, in present, past and future...and death.....and we still have no clue at all of any other totem design...???? Weird, very weird...
    There are some classes where a 4th spec could fit the gaps like with monks and how one spec is represented by two celestials and two playstyles. There are also some classes which a new spec would cause weird overlap like druids and priests

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    It might and it might not but personally I find a tech based class boring compared to a high fantasy class like dragonsworn (I mean actual mortals empowered by dragons like in the lore not bastard dragons with identity issues)
    Ye same here. High fantasy has always been my preference. I never saw the appeal of tech stuff in wow. Goblins, gnomes and now mechagnomes will always be weak in my eyes. Tech stuff breaks most of the time or fuel is gone. I rather not care about those things.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing realy.. like always who has the biggest D.

Ofc they will not admit when wrong or what ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    A ranged class for starters all have been melee so far.
    You sound like that guy at WoD times

New class 100% not gonna be melee or use leather armor, trust me
    I want these classes in new x-pac Necromancer,RuneMaster,Warden,BladeMaster,DarkRanger,Dragonsworn,Alchemist,Bard,Spellbreak er

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I can totally get why people might not like Tinkers, but I can't see how it would be "boring".

Quote Originally Posted by unlockedz View Post
    a ranged dh so everyone loses their minds.
    Like a mix of warlock and spellbreaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I can totally get why people might not like Tinkers, but I can't see how it would be "boring".
    Yea its an opinion ofc, but when I am playing a high fantasy game with death knights and fire balls then a class that needs fuel and has a jetback or what ever then ye I find that boring and not something I would be excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    I honestly think they should add bard to the game but In all honesty blizzard is going to add whatever they want. The problem with these type of threads are certain individuals enter them and than derail the thread into their fan concept not letting telling everyone else they are wrong and it turns in to 100’s of pages of The same people arguing the same arguments.
    Yeah, Bard is highly unlikely.

Blizzard made it rather clear that any new class has to match the theme of its expansion. Good luck coming up with a viable expansion themed around Bards, especially when there's no viable Bard hero in WoW, and there's no history of a Bard class in the entire franchise.

Secondly WoW doesn't support the Bard's playstyle. There was something similar with the old Shaman totems and Paladin auras, but that playstyle was removed because of Blizzard's "Bring the Player not the class" philosophy and the trinity system.

Despite arguments to the contrary, there's zero reason to bring a Bard class into the game that's just a typical spellcaster, since without its support angle, there's nothing special or unique about music-based magic.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-04-20 at 11:33 AM.

Yeah, Bard is highly unlikely.

Blizzard made it rather clear that any new class has to match the theme of its expansion. Good luck coming up with a viable expansion themed around Bards, especially when there's no viable Bard hero in WoW, and there's no history of a Bard class in the entire franchise.

Secondly WoW doesn't support the Bard's playstyle. There was something similar with the old Shaman totems and Paladin auras, but that playstyle was removed because of Blizzard's "Bring the Player not the class" philosophy and the trinity system.

Despite arguments to the contrary, there's zero reason to bring a Bard class into the game that's just a typical spellcaster, since without its support angle, there's nothing special or unique about music-based magic.
    While I agree it's unlikely, there are several references to bards in the game (including a literal Bard-named character in the Rogue class hall), Kodos with drums were a thing, drums themselves are a thing, etc.

THAT. BEING. SAID.

Plenty of other games do bards without being fully-support based; obvious example is FF14, with its bard not focusing on songs like its FF11 counterpart. While bard is a support in Rift, support in general there wasn't the typical support in other games.

With all the support-esque abilities they are putting into Priest (Cooldown reductions, power infusion back, fae guardians as a whole), it seems they are becoming more keen on different styles of support, so a semi-lower DPS class with some support isn't too far stretched these days.

But nobody/everybody would take a support class that does damage+brings support
    FF14 doesn't have this problem.