Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    What? I'm not moving the goalposts. I never said that "raising undead" makes you a necromancer. Especially since if that was my definition of necromancer, I would have accepted the death knight as the necromancer class a long time ago.
    Slyvanas uses necromancy. she may not be a full necromancer but she would be considered close to one.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Paladins and Priests are both “holymancers” basically users of holy magic.

Necromancers are simply users of necromancy.
    "Holymancers". We're making up words, now. I suppose anything's valid as long as you don't lose the argument, right?

But no. "Necromancer" speaks of a specific archetype: the robed spellcaster who uses necromancy to raise the dead and rain death magic from afar on their foes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Slyvanas uses necromancy. she may not be a full necromancer but she would be considered close to one.
    Solely "using necromancy" does not make one a necromancer. Again, you and Teriz are stretching by now calling Sylvanas a necromancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    I thought a Valkyr did that?

And also this:

Black Arrow my have necromantic magic, but it doesn’t seem she can really raise the dead. And even if she could, she’s still a Dark Ranger and not a Necromancer.
    Nah, see the earlier post. She has demonstrated having necromantic powers, and thanks to her alliance with the Jailer, she more than likely has a lot more.

It was for DKs, but blizzard apparently thought it was fine if two classes could use them. And Devouring Plague is now a super important spell for Spriests.
    Spriests actually had devouring plague before DKs entered WoW. Regardless, Devouring Plague is one spell. DKs have multiple actives, passives, and talents in all of their specs dedicated to disease.

It’s also then just a cooldown for 2/3 of DK specs, because again, undead minions are only the main theme for 1 DK spec.
    Incorrect. Bloodworms for example procs off of your auto attacks.

For Elementals, it’s a cooldown for all 3 Shaman specs, and a permanent pet (unless talented) for a Mage spec.

Bottom line is, if plagues and diseases can be shared, and elemental pets can be shared, undead minions can be shared.
    If you say so.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, she only started doing that after she got god knows how many deals behind the scenes with the Jailor and whatever. She definitely couldn't raise the dead on her own back in Cataclysm.
    Like I said, she was a Necromancer in the Shadowlands opening cinematic. Hell, she’s probably a more powerful user of death magic than Lich King Arthas was.

Like I said, she was a Necromancer in the Shadowlands opening cinematic. Hell, she’s probably a more powerful user of death magic than Lich King Arthas was.
    She was not. She was just being a hunter. Y'know, shooting arrows? Even the hunters have the the ability she used: Binding Shot.

Also, I'll repeat:
    "Holymancers". We're making up words, now. I suppose anything's valid as long as you don't lose the argument, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    She was not. She was just being a hunter. Y'know, shooting arrows? Even the hunters have the the ability she used: Binding Shot.
    Didn’t you just say in an earlier post that she has enhanced death powers from the Jailer? Now you’re saying she’s just a regular Hunter who can solo the Lich King without breaking a sweat?

Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    A mail wearing, ranged dps. Probably hybrid, but we've never gotten a new ranged dps spec and we've had one taken away so we're due. What form that takes is up to Blizzard, but if it doesn't wear mail and doesn't have a ranged dps spec I will be upset.
    Yep, we dont need another generic ranged cloth spellcaster. We need something to similar to hunter in that niche.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, she does use necromancy, can be considered necromancer. Unorthodox but still.

- - - Updated - - -

But no. "Necromancer" speaks of a specific archetype: the robed spellcaster who uses necromancy to raise the dead and rain death magic from afar on their foes.
    Nope, that is just in your head. Necromancer is someone using necromancy magic. That "robe spellcaster" is not a must.

Didn’t you just say in an earlier post that she has enhanced death powers from the Jailer? Now you’re saying she’s just a regular Hunter who can solo the Lich King without breaking a sweat?
    You were the one saying that Sylvanas was portrayed as a necromancer in the opening cinematic:
    Like I said, she was a Necromancer in the Shadowlands opening cinematic.
    And ALL Sylvanas did in that cinematic was walk to the frozen throne, and shoot arrows with her bow. That's it.

Which is it?
    She is simply not a necromancer.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-12-05 at 04:01 AM.

Nah, see the earlier post. She has demonstrated having necromantic powers, and thanks to her alliance with the Jailer, she more than likely has a lot more.
    Could you please link me which cinematic she does this in? Because I watched a few and didn’t see her raising the dead in any. It’s really sad how disconnected I’ve become with retail WoW. Thanks!

Spriests actually had devouring plague before DKs entered WoW. Regardless, Devouring Plague is one spell. DKs have multiple actives, passives, and talents in all of their specs dedicated to disease.
    It was made available for all priests in WOLK. Then it was removed in Legion and you said disease and plagues were too central to the DK theme for any class to get it besides them. Now it’s been returned to Spriests even though diseases and plagues are still so central and a major theme to all 3 DK specs and yet you believe Necromancers can’t get some variation of undead minions for any of its specs when only 1 DK spec has a permanent undead minion and 4 specs across 2 different classes can summon elementals.

Incorrect. Bloodworms for example procs off of your auto attacks.
    No. You’re incorrect. Bloodworms are beasts, not undead, certainly not pets, and definitely not a main theme for Blood DKs. To reiterate, only 1 DK spec is heavily themed around undead minions.

If you say so.
    It’s not a matter of me saying. It’s perfectly obvious and apparent that what I said is true.
    Last edited by Amunrasonther; 2020-12-05 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nope, that is just in your head. Necromancer is someone using necromancy magic. That "robe spellcaster" is not a must.
    Yeah. Only in my head. And in the head of the majority of the people around the world, apparently.

I mean, a Google image search for the word "necromancer" reveals basically nothing but "robed spellcasters", with slightly more armored examples showing up once in a blue moon.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Real world definitions doesn’t apply to imaginary game class archetypes.

A shaman is someone who carries out rituals, talks to the dead, enters trances, and practices divination.

I guess Shamans are not actually a thing in WoW then...

5+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what Blizz could add that would be unique.

I don’t think they are adding tinker anytime soon or necromancer.

So far Shadowlands shows a lot hints of Void/light. There has also been some hint for the Gardens of life.

As of now I don’t think a new class is coming. Make as the expansion goes on it will open the door to new possibilities.

Only 1 DK spec has actual pets. So much for a major theme...
    Just jumping in to say that all Specs have access to an undead pet once again. They had back in wrath and it's been returned in SL.

It's a 2m CD for the non-unholy ones though.

Make Tinkerers that can be played by a small handful of races, make them have one tank spec and two DPS specs, one ranged and one melee. They obviously use mail armor, and the steampunk aesthetic should be used as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you please link me which cinematic she does this in? Because I watched a few and didn’t see her raising the dead in any. It’s really sad how disconnected I’ve become with retail WoW. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/5ZzxMKSXFEQ

At the 2:48 mark. She mass summons hundreds of skeletons from the soldiers she killed. I’m very curious how that doesn’t make her a Necromancer.

It was made available for all priests in WOLK. Then it was removed in Legion and you said disease and plagues were too central to the DK theme for any class to get it besides them. Now it’s been returned to Spriests even though diseases and plagues are still so central and a major theme to all 3 DK specs and yet you believe Necromancers can’t get some variation of undead minions for any of its specs when only 1 DK spec has a permanent undead minion and 4 specs across 2 different classes can summon elementals.
    No, because Necromancers would not get one undead summoning ability in one spec. Their fans like yourself would demand that they would summon a wide variety of undead minions like Death Knights and Warlocks do.

No. You’re incorrect. Bloodworms are beasts, not undead, certainly not pets, and definitely not a main theme for Blood DKs. To reiterate, only 1 DK spec is heavily themed around undead minions.
    Where are you getting that bloodworms are beasts? The Death Knight summons them magically, and they’re shadow-based.

- - - Updated - - -

You were the one saying that Sylvanas was portrayed as a necromancer in the opening cinematic:
    Your semantics are getting tiresome. You said there was no Necromancer portrayed in Shadowlands in a major way, I pointed out that Sylvanas, a Necromancer was in the opening cinematic.

She is simply not a necromancer.

Jump to 2:40 and enjoy the show.

Where are you getting that bloodworms are beasts? The Death Knight summons them magically, and they’re shadow-based.
    This is the DK talent, that grants this buff that summons this beast.

Your semantics are getting tiresome. You said there was no Necromancer portrayed in Shadowlands in a major way, I pointed out that Sylvanas, a Necromancer was in the opening cinematic.
    Sylvanas is not a necromancer.

Unless you'd like to also say that Illidan is a warlock, and Tirion is a priest.

Jump to 2:40 and enjoy the show.
    She is not a necromancer. Again, just because one uses necromancy doesn't make one a necromancer. You are using the general use of the word "necromancer" which is "who raises the dead".

But it's beyond obvious to anyone with at least a drop of honesty that those wanting for the necromancer class want a specific version of the concept. The version that is is the most popular in all media: the robed spellcaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the DK talent, that grants this buff that summons this beast.
    Okay.

Sylvanas is not a necromancer.

Unless you'd like to also say that Illidan is a warlock, and Tirion is a priest.
    Tirion is a Paladin, Illidan is a Demon Hunter. It ha been established that Paladins can heal and resurrect the living. It has been established that Demon Hunters can use Fel.

Only Necromancers can raise undead minions.

Btw, both Fire Mages and Destro Locks are pyromancers. Both Frost and Resto shaman are hydromancers.

She is not a necromancer. Again, just because one uses necromancy doesn't make one a necromancer.
    That’s exactly what makes you a Necromancer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Me and Cristiano Ronaldo both can play soccer, but only one of us is professional footballer.

Necromancers are simply users of necromancy.
    To become Necromaner in WoW , you need study Necromancy ;

At this point it feels that Teriz thinks that anyone who plays soccer is professional footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Feels like if there some gnome gonna find ring that rises skeleton once a year , Teriz gonna appear behind this back and say :

"Sorry dude you are no longer a Tinker (any class) , now you used necromantic magic so from this moment you are THE NECROMANCER"
    See , this was not a joke , one time she used it in 12 years .... and here he go :
    https://youtu.be/5ZzxMKSXFEQ

At the 2:48 mark. She mass summons hundreds of skeletons from the soldiers she killed. I’m very curious how that doesn’t make her a Necromancer.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2020-12-05 at 07:07 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Me and Cristiano Ronaldo can both play soccer, but only one of us is professional footballer.

To become Necromaner in WoW , you need study Necromancy ;

At this point it feels that Teriz thinks that anyone who plays soccer is professional footballer.
    If you soundly beat Renaldo in a soccer match m, then you should be a professional player.

Sylvanas decisively beat the strongest Necromancer on Azeroth (the Lich king) and didn’t break a sweat.

Real world definitions doesn’t apply to imaginary game class archetypes.

A shaman is someone who carries out rituals, talks to the dead, enters trances, and practices divination.

I guess Shamans are not actually a thing in WoW then...
    shaman is not the same *mancer. And we are not even talking about real life definition of necromancer.

Actually Teriz gave you great example in form of pyromancer.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Pyromancer

Pyromancers (or pyromages and firecallers) are mage and shaman spellcasters who specialize in fire-based spells or pyromancy.

*mancer is just a broad term of someone using * magic where * can be literally any magic.

Thus anyone who can wield X magic with proficiency can be called Xmancer.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hydromancer
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Geomancer
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Necromancer

There is absolutely no restrictions for them to wear clothes or not wield melee weapons. And they are not on the same specification level as class.

Did Ielenia miss all those skeletons Sylvanas raised in the battle for undercity?
    She raised the dead. She has necromantic powers, thus she is a Necromancer.
    Sylvanas is not a Necromancer. She is a Dark Ranger. She possesses necromantic abilities. just like the Undead racial "Touch of the grave" drains the life out of the target - which, is a necromantic property. That does not make them a Necromancer.
    "The warlocks' death/mortal coil spell is a variation of the Drain Life spell and is one of the necromantic abilities warlocks share with necromancers."
    Otherwise, she would have appeared on this list:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Necromancer#Known

Hunters, or more specifically, Rangers use minor nature spells, because of their connections with the wilds. that does not make them Druids.
    "Elven rangers are elite archers turning to nature for aid, befriending animals. Some of them possess minor druidic abilities, as Vereesa Windrunner was able to use the "language of the trees, of all plants", and sense a plant's emotions and history through touch."

Does that make them eligible to be Necromancers/Druids in the future? hell yeah. incoming Blood elf Druids and Undead Necromancers, Soon ™

Only Necromancers can raise undead minions.
    Death Knights and Dark Rangers would like to dispute this claim.

Ner'zhul's Void skeletons:

Mannoroth is Hellfire Citadel - raised by Fel:
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-12-05 at 11:21 AM.