Classes are a lot of fun and we most definitely need a new type of range class.

I'm more interested in making a new race
    . A race that actually competes with Druids. One that has instant flight forms. So we could play any class we like and have racial abilities that give us the same advantage. I know some people might not be fond of it, but for real. Imagine a warrior that has instant flight form? Or any other class for that matter? Ikr? Let us put Druids to rest and give all classes the same advantage.

What type of race would do this? Well dragons of course. Instant dragon flight forms. Some people don't like the idea of Dragoons tho. . .

I also been pressing a new hot alien race. I kinda wanted it specifically for the Horde, so they weren't limping so hard behind the Alliance. (space race!) If it has instant flight form seems a bit unfair.. or maybe just both of the new hot races have these capabilities. I been pressuring for two new hot races for each faction. (Throwback to TBC <3) Or having one that gets to pick their own faction like the pandas. (See dragoons again uptop)

I bet it would be a lot of fun. I did enjoy DH quite a bit. I honestly believe this is due to it being fast paced and agile. It made them a pretty fun class. (Or another case of fast combat being really fun, think of Ciri in Witcher 3) It was my favorite mage tower challenge the DPS one for DH.

Derailing like usual. Still I would like a new ranged class period. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hyeonh View Post
    It's an RPG thing to honest. In DnD Necromancers were typically put with light armor which is either padded(Cloth) or Leather armor, and weapons were classes as simple which included Daggers, Staves, Mace, Spear, Sickle/Scythe, Hand-Axes, Clubs and Great Clubs, basically every day tool or basic weapons. But with how classes currently are I rather them add another cloth class into the game and make Necromancers one of the few cloth classes that equip something the current cloth class can't use like 2 handed maces, one handed axes, and pole arms, even make a new weapon class for them to share with warlock like scythes.
    Warcraft while it does use the basic DnD RPG class archetypes doesn't follow them 100% or even use them at all in some cases.

For instance Priests are the cleric analogue (divine full spellcaster) yet they are terrible in melee (DnD clerics are typically at least somewhat competent in melee), wear cloth armor (Dnd Clerics typically wear medium-heavy armor) and utilize mind (shadow) based powers (which are in DnD terms typically the domain of Psionics or Bards). DnD druids have a ton of elemental spells yet Warcraft druids only use sun, moon, astral and plant based spells with only a few wind based. Warriors take traits from Fighters and Barbarians (Rage as a resource and Fury is clearly styled after the DnD Barbarian enrage type mechanics).

Warlock, Demon Hunter and Shaman have no direct analogue (DnD Warlocks aren't typically summoners like Warcraft Warlocks and Shamans could be comparable to spellcasting focused DnD druid).
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2020-12-21 at 10:00 PM.

I'd like a tech based class but not neccisarily 'tinker.' I think it'd be neat to potentially have the different specs specialize in different things.

Maybe a draenei crystal tech spec for tanking, a ranged dps spec based on tinker, a spec based on forsaken dark science etc.

I suppose that would run the risk of feeling like three classes crammed into one though instead of feeling truly unifed behind one identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except you don’t get to play as those characters, so Blizzard allows you to play a lesser derivative. In the case of Dark Rangers Blizzard did something different, they created a derivative of Sylvanas that lacked her Banshee powers. Then they went further and created a Dark Ranger that wasn’t an undead elf. These derivatives were still considered Dark Rangers in lore.

I think they went that route because you really can’t make a workable class that operates like Sylvanas. I mean if you REALLY think about it even if you apply the HotS abilities, there really isn’t much there. So it makes sense to just make the concept a derivative of the Hunter class instead.
    Most NPC classes have, with the exception of them being depicted as bosses, rather generic abilities and skillsets and traditionally, they would use just a mix of different class abilities. Most of Baron Rivendares abilities where taken from Warriors plus Shadowbolt from Warlocks. So far, when they translated classes like this into playable classes, most of the time they based them stronger on the fantasies of the heroes. DKs got frost magic because most people associate Arthas with frost, due to frostmourne and their design shifted more closer towards resembling Arthas, with blue glowing eyes and many sets which are designed to resemble Arthas iconic look. Demon Hunters got many features which were originally unique to Illidan, like horns, glowing eyesockets, demonic skintones and the ability to, though temporarily, have wings. Before that, Demon Hunters looked like normal elves with tattoos and blindfolds. Their metamorphosis was also changed to stronger resemble Illidan while before, they used to look closer to Dreadlords.

So yeah, when they ever creat a Dark Ranger class, do you have any argument why it would be unlikely that Blizz retcons Dark Rangers into stronger resembling Sylvanas, with a banshee forms, Black Arrow and CC abilities based on shadow Chains? And again, I don't ask you whether or not Dark Rangers will ever become a class. I ask you how likely to you find it, that Blizz will make changes to the Dark Ranger class IF it ever becomes playable, including broadening their set of abilities to allow for multiple specs as well as making the class closer to Sylvanas?

Because lets be frank here, argueing what will be a playable class is just bullshit at this point. I know, you love to sprew your entitled wishes as facts, but lets be really honest here: Any claim to know what will be a playable class outside of it being likely something out of WC3 as long as there are still a few options out for that is at best delusional. Monks and Demon Hunters have proven, that Blizz creat something out of thin air because a lead dev just feels like it and likes the idea or that they will go as far as fundamentally changing existing classes, to make a class possible. Demon Hunters were basically out of every reasonable discussion after Wrath, it seemed like Blizz settled on giving their most important ability to Warlocks and even centered the entire spec around it. They even created a challenge mode set to resemble Illidan and continued the story of the Black Temple in the Warlock Green Fire chain. And then another lead dev suddenly decided that he wants Demon Hunters and created them.

The best guess we can make when it comes to new classes are not based on existing Lore or anything like that, it would be to analyze what the current lead devs seem to be into. I mean, Mechagon could be a hint that there is somebody in an executive position at Blizz who is into the whole tech stuff, we know that Danuser is a massive fan of Sylvanas and Nathanos. That is as far as we can guess in terms of what could be a new class. Especially since at any moment, they could just decide they want to creat something entirely new which is not based on existing lore. Or something incredibly niche we haven't considered yet. The Brewmaster hero was a rather niche aprils fools joke hero, then Blizz decided to make a new class, race and entire expansion centered around that. We just can't know what they do next.

Where does it say that Necromancers can’t fight in melee or use ice magic?
    So you aggree that Mekkatorque is basically just a Warrior who utilizes vehicle combat, a mechanic accessible to players ingame too? I mean, he has so far demonstrated no special flashy class skins and his ingame look is that of a gnome in heavy plate armor with a mace and a shield.

Plus, the Lich King since Arthas is always strongly coded as a Death Knights? They use Death Knight abilities, they use melee combats and Bolvar is the current leader of the Knights of the Ebon Blade the Death Knight class order? in Warcraft, Necromancers are depicted as casters in cloth armor fighting with magic. I mean, the only case you could make is that Bolvar is the equivalent of Anduin Wrynn, being a Necromancer who just looks like a Death Knight in every regard, but there is no hint in the lore on that and it would mean that you would need to acknowledge Paladins and Priests existing in the same game.

Not idea for new class really, perhaps a Hero Spec for existing classes. My dream spec/class was always to have a true Beastmaster hunter/class. Control of three pets, wears leather and can use two handed swords/staves/any one handed weapon dual wield. Can be melee based or ranged based depending on chosen talents. Just the basic idea. The pets would do just out of my backside 80% of your abilities.

Well the Bard concept is really just for fun, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. It’s not a serious contender for class implementation because Blizzard has never pushed the concept of a Bard hero. Not in WC3, not in WoW, and they didn’t even have a Bard class in the tabletop RPG. So the chance of a Bard class is pretty close to zero.
    Blizzard is kind of infamous for basically making whatever they want. Nobody ever considered the Brewmaster a serious contenter for a new class, but we got it. They killed the possibility of Demon Hunters in wrath and just made it anyways, killing Demonology Warlocks on the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is, the support aspect is what makes the Bard a unique concept, because music is portrayed as a constant force influencing the fight. You take that away, and you’re going to need another way to make music a unique magic type.

I’d strongly recommend checking out Hunter Survival talent Lone Wolf, and Dekard from HotS for some ideas.
    They basically could take inspiration from the Bard in FF14 tbh. Square Enix really managed to make the whole Bard Support Class work. I mean, a pure support class is just not really an option, because it doesn't fit the pace of the game anymore. We live in a time and age where even Healers and Tanks are expected to optimize their damage during combat. I think the best option to go would be to make them a DPS or Heal Class who has abilities which boost their parties capabilities which is offset by them being tuned around making less personal damage.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think people are way off about how Dark Rangers could be implemented in-game. I propose that Rogues get the Survival Hunter treatment and either Sub or Assassination is turned into a ranged Dark Ranger spec. Sure Dark Ranger abilities are part of the Hunter kit but Metamorphosis was once a Warlock ability too.

Problem 1: The Hunter theme is all about beasts and nature and is totally misaligned with the Dark Ranger theme. Dark Rangers don't have pets. Nathanos has his hounds but only in Vanilla and then very recently, but no other Dark Rangers have pets. MM Hunter is closest to High Elf Farstriders but even they are not the same as Dark Rangers. Sabotage and subterfuge is a big part of the Dark Ranger identity, which is spot-on if Dark Rangers were a Rogue spec.

Problem 2: Dark Rangers would look dumb as hell in Mail armour. There are very, very few sets that are going to be viable for Dark Ranger transmogs as a Hunter. Most of the gear is either covered in beasts or elemental magic because it's Shaman gear. It would suck to run around as a Dark Ranger but look like a Resto Shaman. Leather armour on the other hand, and basically all Rogue gear, is going to look great and consistent with the Dark Ranger theme.

But I don't think Dark Ranger is rich enough of a concept to be a whole class in and of itself.

Plus, as a Rogue spec, Dark Rangers would get stealth as a baseline, and it's hard to imagine Dark Rangers without stealth.

Marksman Hunters have the lone wolf passive so they can be completely divorced from the pet aspects of the Hunter class

The Mythic Tier 19/Nighthold Hunter set is based on on Dark Rangers/Sylvanas

I disagree with turning subtlety into the Dark Ranger spec because Sub rogues have their own theme and archetype of being a ninja/nightblade, as much as it sucked for people that liked the pre-legion demonology at the very least blizard didn't completely erase the concept from the game and just transferred it onto the Demon Hunter class, erasing one archetype to bring in another would just be bad for the people that liked what was erased (like what happened with survival hunters becoming a melee spec)

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    They basically could take inspiration from the Bard in FF14 tbh. Square Enix really managed to make the whole Bard Support Class work. I mean, a pure support class is just not really an option, because it doesn't fit the pace of the game anymore. We live in a time and age where even Healers and Tanks are expected to optimize their damage during combat. I think the best option to go would be to make them a DPS or Heal Class who has abilities which boost their parties capabilities which is offset by them being tuned around making less personal damage.
    We see a bit of the kind of support/buffing based gameplay in a few of the covenant abilities, the Night Fae paladin ability is a changing set of buffs (extra damage on hit, extra healing done/recieved, debuff on hit and cooldown reduction), could be an interesting idea for a class with middling damage/healing but a variety of buffs to grant allies. Although balance could be a question since buffs have a lot of hidden power to them and might be too strong without being very satisfying to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'd like a tech based class but not neccisarily 'tinker.' I think it'd be neat to potentially have the different specs specialize in different things.

Maybe a draenei crystal tech spec for tanking, a ranged dps spec based on tinker, a spec based on forsaken dark science etc.

I suppose that would run the risk of feeling like three classes crammed into one though instead of feeling truly unifed behind one identity.
    Pretty much. You also have the fact that Blizzard has stuck pretty closely to the aesthetics of the original WC3 (or HotS) hero they’re basing the class on. So if we’re getting a Tinker class, it’s going to have the claw pack, and I really don’t see a Draenei running around with a crsystal-tech claw pack.

However, the claw pack works with Goblins, Gnomes, Mechagnomes, and Vulpera.

Pretty much. You also have the fact that Blizzard has stuck pretty closely to the aesthetics of the original WC3 (or HotS) hero they’re basing the class on. So if we’re getting a Tinker class, it’s going to have the claw pack, and I really don’t see a Draenei running around with a crsystal-tech claw pack.

If they add tinker I don't think they're going to be that restrictive.

Sure, they did demon hunters for elves only...but blood and night elves are two of the most played races in the game. Even taking allied races into account, I would be shocked to see them add a new class that was gnome/goblin only.

To be honest, I could see the claw pack being a simple transmog item. Especially since they are experimenting with stuff like that on the back slot.

To be honest, I could see the claw pack being a simple transmog item. Especially since they are experimenting with stuff like that on the back slot.
    I think this would probably be the best method. It's completely optional too so you don't have to have it if you prefer not to have a big bulky thing on your character.

Classes are rarely 1:1 translations of their WC3 incarnations, Monks only had Brewmaster have it's gameplay directly informed by it's WC3 incarnation (keg smash/breath of fire combo and elusive brawler) and Windwalker only had Storm, Earth and Fire, everything else was invented for it's MOP incarnation (Mists, August Celestials, Chi and the martial arts styles used by each spec), Death Knights in WC3 only really bear similarities to Unholy DK's with the Blood and Frost aspects being brought in from other sources.

Saying a hypothetical Tinker is 100% going to use claw packs is like saying Death Knights would be constantly mounted or Monks would always carry around kegs, because thats what their WC3 (and HotS) versions did.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I think this would probably be the best method. It's completely optional too so you don't have to have it if you prefer not to have a big bulky thing on your character.
    A Claw pack would also just interfere too much with transmogs if it was a permanent option. No other class has anything like that, even with Demon Hunters, the horns remain optional. I guess once we get back class sets, it also opens up nice opportunities for different gadgets and machines on their back.

A Claw pack would also just interfere too much with transmogs if it was a permanent option. No other class has anything like that, even with Demon Hunters, the horns remain optional. I guess once we get back class sets, it also opens up nice opportunities for different gadgets and machines on their back.
    Remember when WoD was supposed to give us transmoggable class relics?

We sort of got something similar with certain artifacts like Holy Paladins getting a Libram on their belt with The Silver Hand and Marksman Hunters getting Quivers with Thas'Dorah but having stuff like that for everyone would be neat.

Banners for warriors (sort of got this with the Necrolord Banner), Librams for Paladins, Quivers for Hunters, Kegs for Monks, Totems for Shamans, ect

Whatever it is, please for the love of all make it a ranged class. I can barely stand all the melee as it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    If they add tinker I don't think they're going to be that restrictive.

Sure, they did demon hunters for elves only...but blood and night elves are two of the most played races in the game. Even taking allied races into account, I would be shocked to see them add a new class that was gnome/goblin only.
    I always find this argument kind of funny. If being unrestrictive is the goal, then you wouldn't restrict it to two races, no matter how popular they are. In fact, Humans are more popular than Night Elves, so wouldn't Blizzard allow humans to be Demon Hunters too?

I wouldn't be shocked to see Blizzard restrict a class to Gnome/Goblin at all. In all seriousness it would actually be a good thing for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

It won't be an item, it'll be part of the class. Something the class "ejects" when they enter combat, and more than likely retract when they're out of combat. It would be an excellent way to have the class stand out from other classes. I could see it being customizable much like Druid forms, and like the WC3 version, it can transform into a mech or a transport.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Classes are rarely 1:1 translations of their WC3 incarnations, Monks only had Brewmaster have it's gameplay directly informed by it's WC3 incarnation (keg smash/breath of fire combo and elusive brawler) and Windwalker only had Storm, Earth and Fire, everything else was invented for it's MOP incarnation (Mists, August Celestials, Chi and the martial arts styles used by each spec), Death Knights in WC3 only really bear similarities to Unholy DK's with the Blood and Frost aspects being brought in from other sources.

Saying a hypothetical Tinker is 100% going to use claw packs is like saying Death Knights would be constantly mounted or Monks would always carry around kegs, because thats what their WC3 (and HotS) versions did.
    Actually the expansion classes are 100% 1:1 with their WC3 counterparts.

1. Brewmasters had the outfit, the staff, and the Kegs of the Brewmaster hero (smashable instead of being carried at all times).
    2. Death Knights had the outfit, the rune blade, and the steed of the DK hero.
    3. Demon Hunters got the Warglaives, the head wraps, and the tattoos of Illidan.

Obviously somethings were altered for balance (a DK couldn't be mounted at all times), but they still got the Horse, and they even got a mount-speed boost as a homage to the fact that the DK hero was so fast in the old RTS game.

There's no reason the Tinker class wouldn't get the claw pack of the Tinker hero.

It also needs to be said that in every iteration of the Tinker hero in Warcraft games (WC3, HotS, WC RPG, WoW RPG, WC CCG, WC3:R), the Tinker always had the claw pack.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-12-22 at 12:24 AM.

I always find this argument kind of funny. If being unrestrictive is the goal, then you wouldn't restrict it to two races, no matter how popular they are. In fact, Humans are more popular than Night Elves, so wouldn't Blizzard allow humans to be Demon Hunters too?
    Illidan teaching two particular races is different than being capable of using technology.

Considering any race in the game is able to use technology through the Engineering profession, and certain races like Lightforged Draenei and Dwarves have shown to excel in adapting technology, there's really no reason to limit or exclude them to tiny races. There's no lore reason why they would be limited, the use of technology has expanded to practically every race. What reason would there be to restrict a tech-themed class from Lightforged Draenei? None I can think of.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Blizzard restrict a class to Gnome/Goblin at all. In all seriousness it would actually be a good thing for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

It won't be an item, it'll be part of the class. Something the class "ejects" when they enter combat, and more than likely retract when they're out of combat. It would be an excellent way to have the class stand out from other classes. I could see it being customizable much like Druid forms, and like the WC3 version, it can transform into a mech or a transport.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the expansion classes are 100% 1:1 with their WC3 counterparts.

1. Brewmasters had the outfit, the staff, and the Kegs of the Brewmaster hero (smashable instead of being carried at all times).
    2. Death Knights had the outfit, the rune blade, and the steed of the DK hero.
    3. Demon Hunters got the Warglaives, the head wraps, and the tattoos of Illidan.

Obviously somethings were altered for balance (a DK couldn't be mounted at all times), but they still got the Horse, and they even got a mount-speed boost as a homage to the fact that the DK hero was so fast in the old RTS game.

There's no reason the Tinker class wouldn't get the claw pack of the Tinker hero.

It also needs to be said that in every iteration of the Tinker hero in Warcraft games (WC3, HotS, WC RPG, WoW RPG, WC CCG, WC3:R), the Tinker always had the claw pack.
    There's really no reason why tinkers would need to be restrictive though. There's not really any lore reason a human/draenei/undead etc couldn't pick it up. Where as with the Illidari they were a bit more limited. With tinkers they would need to make up new lore for them as a group and there's really zero reason for them to be that restrictive with it.

There's also a difference between restricting a new class to two of the most played races in the game....and restricting it to two lesser played races in the game. It's a lot easier to get away with such restrictions when the options are widely popular. Blood/night elves are 2/3 of the most played races in the game, the other in the top 3 being human. Gnomes and goblins are not played nearly as much as elves. So there'd be a much bigger risk of blowback. For no real reason. Especially since something like the claw pack if added could share animations for all races. There's not really a benefit to being that restrictive to tinkers unless they got something similar to race specific demon hunter meta forms, which we don't really have any reason to assume would be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Hell yeah! More bard stuff! I love it. I honestly hope this is Blizzard putting the foundations for a future bard class.

Any idea which NPC says that when you talk to them?
    This guy apparently:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=173226/caretaker-tedo