10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That's saying that the "glyph of demon hunting" made the warlock a demon hunter.
    No, it's like saying that the DK can raise all types of undead minions, and we don't need a new class with "new abilities" that can be solved with a glyph.

Not the same ability. Unholy Frenzy greatly buffs you while draining your own health. The new ability does not do that.
    No, it buffs you WITHOUT draining your health. Unholy Assault gives you the haste buff without draining your health, and it places festering wounds on the target, all in one strike. It even has Unholy Frenzy in the tooltip.

In short, it's a superior version of Unholy Frenzy. So yeah, the Necromancer's WC3 abilities are still in the Death Knight class......

Where they belong.

They A type of necromancer. But they're not the kind of necromancer the necromancer fans want. The game is chock-full with NPCs that match the necromancer description but not the death knight description. Heigan the Unclean, Noth the Plaguebringer, Grand Widow Faerlina, and many others
    Cutting through the crap, this is what it's all about. I want to thank you for finally being honest about this and admitting that the Death Knight is a type of Necromancer. However, like I've said before, it being the kind of Necromancer YOU want means literally nothing. I'm sure there's people out there who would prefer a different type of Monk beyond the Pandaren one we got, but it is what it is.

The rest of this;

You missed just about everything. I want a necromancer class because the death knight simply does not provide for the fantasy. A necromancer is a robed spellcaster who stays at range, depending on its minions to swarm the opponent to keep him at range while attacking him with spells, and then using other spells to push the enemy away or getting away from it to prevent him from getting too close. The death knight simply does not provide that fantasy.

You're still misrepresenting the quotes. The second line is me denying your claim that I want a necromancer class because "scythe polearms aren't scythe staves".
    Is simply irrelevant reasons for a class inclusion. The Scythe "issue" is a prime example of how irrelevant it is. I find it funny how now you're trying to backtrack and say that wasn't a huge issue for you just a few pages back, when anyone can just go back through your posts and see how you were saying that Necromancers use staves instead of polearms despite them both looking the exact same.

If someone has to intentionally gimp themselves to the point they'd be laughed out of group content just so they could kinda-maybe- sorta-not-really live a class fantasy that is not represented within the game, I think it at least merits discussion.
    Yes, because pressing a single melee button in your rotation while playing high level raiding completely destroys the Necromancer fantasy for you. This really has to be one of the most petty and weak reasonings for a new class inclusion ever.

From what i am seeing in the night fae campaign we will get night warriors as new class mid expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    From what i am seeing in the night fae campaign we will get night warriors as new class mid expansion
    That would certainly be novel and lead to a new paradigm, but it is unlikely.

I am doing all campaigns weekly and that is also why i think a necromancer class would make a lot of sense, but i think Blizzard is trying to go further than undeath with this expansion portraying different kinds of death realms.

Honestly, BfA was the same and juggled different themes. Having a theme that spread makes it difficult to ever pinpoint a new class that fits it completely, so, adding a new class with a major patch would certainly be novel, but i am not holding my breath.

NE paladins as much as blizz can offer.

they said they wont add anything mid expansion buuuut i can see it possibly in 10.0

- - - Updated - - -

3 specs maybe a ranged while the melee uses glaives

definitely will have a healing spec

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No, it's like saying that the DK can raise all types of undead minions, and we don't need a new class with "new abilities" that can be solved with a glyph.
    Again: you are saying we don't need a demon hunter class with "new abilities" since that was solved already with the glyph back in the pre-Legion days.

In short, it's a superior version of Unholy Frenzy. So yeah, the Necromancer's WC3 abilities are still in the Death Knight class......
    "Superior" is highly subjective. And considering that, back in TBC, people kept complaining that BEs had "Seal of Blood", the blood elf paladin's version of "Seal of Command", and kept saying it was "superior" to the Alliance's SoC ability, and they wanted it because it dealt more damage despite it also dealing damage to you in return, I'd venture people would say the original iteration of "Unholy Frenzy" to be superior to the one we have right now.

Where they belong.
    In your opinion.

Cutting through the crap, this is what it's all about. I want to thank you for finally being honest about this and admitting that the Death Knight is a type of Necromancer.
    And warlocks are a type of mage. The actual point is that necromancer fans do not feel that the death knight class fulfills the necromancer fantasy.

However, like I've said before, it being the kind of Necromancer YOU want means literally nothing.
    And what you want means just as much.

Is simply irrelevant reasons for a class inclusion. The Scythe "issue" is a prime example of how irrelevant it is.
    Weapon type is important for class concepts.

I find it funny how now you're trying to backtrack and say that wasn't a huge issue for you just a few pages back, when anyone can just go back through your posts and see how you were saying that Necromancers use staves instead of polearms despite them both looking the exact same.
    I'm not backtracking. I'm saying saying it's an issue, not "the one and only" issue or even the biggest issue. All in all, it's actually a fairly minor one.

Yes, because pressing a single melee button in your rotation while playing high level raiding completely destroys the Necromancer fantasy for you. This really has to be one of the most petty and weak reasonings for a new class inclusion ever.
    Having to engage in melee and stay engaged in melee to swing your weapon against your target(s) shatters any and all fantasies in which staying at range casting spells.

- - - Updated - - -

While possible, I find it highly improbable to get a new class mid-expansion.

My reasoning for that is that while it's fine for us to get new races mid-expansions, because we can just buy a race-change and so you can have a character with the new race without any loss of progress in PvP or PvE, a new class mid-expansion would force you to abandon all PvE and PvP progress you have with your current main to focus on leveling AND gearing your new main.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    NE paladins as much as blizz can offer.
    Night Warrior is the NE version of the paladin, with black/dark blue animation graphics instead of bright yellow. Imagine if that was true.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-01-02 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i dont know what you are getting at there.
    but i would consider a dagger used for a ritual different than a dagger used as a weapon for combat.
    It means it would, probably, be part of a spell animation (Example: Holy Light).

Nope. Shrapnel bombs have been around for almost 1000 years.

You can’t use a gun with steel trap. Steel Trap is survival only. You can’t use Explosive shot (Marksmanship) with the Wildfire bomb (Survival) because those are separated by specializations as well. You also cant use hi explosive trap in dungeons and raids because it’s a PvP ability.
    What the fuck kind of logic is that? are you expecting the Tinker to be some kind of a futuristic class? because that's not what Goblin and Gnome engineering is about. They are, mostly, mechanical, electric and, prone to explosions.

We don't care for technical issues, like spec or PvP/PvE division (like you don't, when it comes to other class concepts). So, fantasy/RP-wise, those abilities fit the bill.

Do my eyes deceive me? am i dreaming? has the world come to an end? Teriz is, actually, banned? finally, this thread can see some peace and quiet (for the time being...).

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I still would like to see Axe Thrower as a class. I borrow this from Diablo 2. On the surface, Axe Thrower really is no different than a hunter (or an Amazon in D2). The appeal is the gameplay loop. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO satisfying to hurl these huge axes at your enemy, the animation which gave it heft, the sound it made whipping the air. I'd maybe add some nice sounds when they crush an opponent. Speed tossing these gigantic axes at something like a maniac was riveting gameplay I swear to gosh.

Altho I suppose Axe Thrower could be a hunter spec.
    That's what Survival Hunters should be (albeit, with spear throwing, instead of axes).

And yeah, Dark Ranger is one of the most half-baked class concepts around.
    Then, you, clearly, haven't seen my Ranger concept (alongside, the new Hunter concept).

Which, are Priestesses of the Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    It means it would, probably, be part of a spell animation (Example: Holy Light).

What the fuck kind of logic is that? are you expecting the Tinker to be some kind of a futuristic class? because that's not what Goblin and Gnome engineering is about. They are, mostly, mechanical, electric and, prone to explosions.

We don't care for technical issues, like spec or PvP/PvE division (like you don't, when it comes to other class concepts). So, fantasy/RP-wise, those abilities fit the bill.

Do my eyes deceive me? am i dreaming? has the world come to an end? Teriz is, actually, banned? finally, this thread can see some peace and quiet (for the time being...).

That's what Survival Hunters should be (albeit, with spear throwing, instead of axes).

Then, you, clearly, haven't seen my Ranger concept (alongside, the new Hunter concept).

Which, are Priestesses of the Moon.
    duuude

the elune sworn

night warrior
    warden
    priestess

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    duuude

the elune sworn

night warrior
    warden
    priestess
    I constructed my own concept of Ranger:

Dark Ranger
    Priestess of the Moon (Night Warrior)
    Naga Sea Witch

Go have a look (a few pages ago).

But, yours could be, too. Especially, considering Wardens are associated with Elune, too, and now, that we have Dark Wardens.

@Amunrasonther once linked a NPC that could be interpreted as a "seed" for a future bard class, laying down the foundation for the idea of music having actual magic power.

So I came across said NPC in the world, and noticed three souls in the crypt behind him, all three tagged "Lost Chalice Band". One of the souls, Chiu Brightcast, says this when you speak to him:

So we have a NPC talking about the power of music, and a NPC who was part of a band talking about wanderlust and thirst for adventure. Looks to me like Blizzard might be really setting the foundation for a bard-like class.

@Amunrasonther once linked a NPC that could be interpreted as a "seed" for a future bard class, laying down the foundation for the idea of music having actual magic power.

So I came across said NPC in the world, and noticed three souls in the crypt behind him, all three tagged "Lost Chalice Band". One of the souls, Chiu Brightcast, says this when you speak to him:

So we have a NPC talking about the power of music, and a NPC who was part of a band talking about wanderlust and thirst for adventure. Looks to me like Blizzard might be really setting the foundation for a bard-like class.
    my D&D character could become a reality

7+ Year Old Account
    once linked a NPC that could be interpreted as a "seed" for a future bard class, laying down the foundation for the idea of music having actual magic power.
    Well original mention was here on US forums (see link in quote):
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    In order to slightly dilute "mutual attacks" with some semblance of discussion-fantasies, here is link to one US thread where people still tend more towards "what-would and how it might be" kind of things instead of making loud statements like "NO! NEVER! I FORBID!"
    Not in sense that I'm here with complaints, but just "for the record" - discussion of this began "there"
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

I just hope it isn't a joke Rock N' Roll class. Keep it tied to medieval instruments.

3+ Year Old Account
    I just hope it isn't a joke Rock N' Roll class. Keep it tied to medieval instruments.
    There's literally a rock n roll band in WoW though? (Elite Tauren Chieftians)
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Two. The Blight Boars.

Yeah, I think something like the Necromancer is very much covered by the DK. I mean look at my discussion above; The desire for a Necromancer essentially breaks down into cosmetic issues and being overly stubborn in one's belief that a Necromancer MUST be 100% ranged. That really isn't a strong argument for a new class. I think Blizzard not bringing in a Necromancer in this kind of expansion backs that up. And yeah, Dark Ranger is one of the most half-baked class concepts around.

I do agree that we need something in the next expansion. People are clearly missing the sense of newness that a new class brings to the table. Grinding through the new zones, and leveling a new character is just easier to do when there's a new class in the mix.

The good news is that we'll know if we're getting a new class or not very soon. I do think the Tinker is the most likely class at this point, since I'm slowly beginning to believe that a "Dragonsworn" concept is going to be reduced to a Covenant-style system.
    As it should. A few years ago I had a fan-concept in this vain swirling in my head, it was remarkably similar to what we have with soulbinds and covenants.

Personally the WoW’s dragon lore feels too robust to smash into a singular class.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Which, is a joke. You can't have a Rock N' Roll class in a fantasy game.

Bards are characters who perform songs in public. Night elf bards were known to perform in the Temple of the Moon in Darnassus.

Wedding Hymn - Plays a wedding hymn that restores the mana and health of nearby allies.
    Dark Song
    Chilling Song
    Peaceful Song

Two. The Blight Boars.
    I hope you're not in favor of a MODERN musician class in WoW.

Noticed how General Zanjin and Imperator, suddenly, vanished when Teriz got banned? how suspicious...

Murmur's abilities could serve as an inspiration:

Sonic Boom — Murmur releases a massive burst of sonic energy that blasts players within 0 yards with Nature damage, then inflicts additional Nature damage every 3 seconds for 9 sec. While affected by Sonic Boom, movement speed is reduced by 90%.

Magnetic Pull — Murmur pulls all players towards him.

Murmur's Touch — Murmur touches a player, causing the air around them to pulse with sonic energy for 14 sec. When Murmur's Touch fades, a shockwave of energy inflicts 3563 to 3937 Nature damage and silences all players within 0 yards of the player that was touched for 6 sec.

Murmur's Touch — Murmur touches a player, causing the air around them to pulse with sonic energy for 7 sec, pulling all other players towards them. When Murmur's Touch fades, a shockwave of energy inflicts 3563 to 3937 Nature damage and silences all players within 0 yards of the player that was touched for 6 sec.

Sonic Shock — Murmur shocks a player, inflicting 1875 to 3125 Arcane damage to his current target.
    Spell arcane arcane01.png Thundering Storm — Murmur throws sonic bolts at any player further than 25 yards from him, inflicting 2125 to 2875 Nature damage.

Resonance — When there are no players within melee range of Murmur, he inflicts 2000 Nature damage to all players and increases their Nature damage taken by 2000 for 45 sec.
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-03 at 06:38 PM.

Which, is a joke. You can't have a Rock N' Roll class in a fantasy game.

I hope you're not in favor of a MODERN musician class in WoW.

Noticed how General Zanjin and Imperator, suddenly, vanished when Teriz got banned? how suspicious...
    Ozzy literally summoning a crazy train

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Ozzy literally summoning a crazy train
    There's an NPC based on Ozzy Osbourne?

Wait, rocknroll would be a joke, but those dwarf bards are serious business?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose