Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Which is fine if you disagree.

Again, I asserted it because it was my opinion.
    The problem is that you didn't just stated it as an opinion. You also used that claim to back up your entire whole arguments about "marketability" and "appeal" and "popularity".

And if you're going to use that as basis for your other arguments, we'll have to see some evidence.

What about Night Warrior? They are teasing the hell out of it and it cannot be represented by existing classes. Class skin would not make sense either since it is a very unique thing thematically.

Just find it ridiculous knowing such interesting concepts are lying about and people want comedy over that.

Here's hoping Blizz will deliver and the Tinker childish entitlement will be pushed aside yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    What about Night Warrior? They are teasing the hell out of it and it cannot be represented by existing classes. Class skin would not make sense either since it is a very unique thing thematically.

Just find it ridiculous knowing such interesting concepts are lying about and people want comedy over that.

Here's hoping Blizz will deliver and the Tinker childish entitlement will be pushed aside yet again.
    I don’t think people are very interested in another shadow-melee elf-based class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don’t think people are very interested in another shadow-melee elf-based class.
    It also features Arcane, we don't know what specs it can have cause it's a new thing and they can do whatever they want with it. If you look at Tyrande's graphics during Darkshore, she is doing the Shadowpriest Void cast animation and Spriest is the only spec that uses those things.

Night Warrior if done right can incorporate Warden elements along with the long missing "Avatar of Vengeance" ability and they can take the liberty to merge it with Dark Ranger.

All of this is raw speculation since both Dark Ranger/Sylvanas and Tyrande/Night Warrior are undergoing development and the latter hasn't been fleshed out at all yet.

What I talk with certainty is that Elune's powers in the cosmic war we are about to uncover are something very crucial and interesting. Danuser said we are scratching the surface of something big, so it is only natural to expect that the next thematic class will be something major.

Because Clipping is a huge problem, as are very large objects blocking visibility. This is especially the case in tight interior spaces where people need visibility to properly target their spells.

Further, Orcs inside mechs would have the same problem as Draenei inside mechs.

Did you actually read what I posted? Can you imagine standing next to a Draenei inside a mech and a Draenei outside a mech, and they're being pretty much the same size overall?

Okay, and there are tank abilities more powerful than Explosive Shot as well.

Again, Tinkers have nothing to do with mechanical pets. And no, a Turret is not a Pet like a Hunter or a Warlock pet. Stop being obtuse.

Yeah, there's no mech to fight inside. That's the entire point of the Tinker. Not to mention none of the Tinker's abilities exist in the Hunter class, not even an approximation of the Tinker's abilities. Saying that an underpowered rocket on a 90 second cool down makes up for the lack of tech abilities in the Hunter class is laughable.

Meanwhile, the entire point of a Dark Ranger is a Shadow-based Ranger. Void Elves get a passive ability that will allow ALL of a Hunter's attacks to become Shadow-Based, and that's essentially what Black Arrow does in HotS. You have a 33% chance every time you attack to proc this passive ability, and it will make your attacks have Shadow damage for 12 seconds. You can even toss a Shadow laced blade via Chakrams and can Shadowport. Why aren't you a Dark Ranger at this point?

Most importantly, you can even LOOK like an undead high elf. Your comparison is laughable. You have the look, you have the abilities, you even have additional abilities that add to the entire concept. Why should we bring this class into the game when it's completely covered by a racial choice and an existing class?
    I don't know if you're playing dumb right now, or not. Clipping issues? there are Orcs and Draenei in mechs. They would be the same size as Goblin and Gnomes in mech. They would take more space in the cockpit, just like on mounts.

Suddenly, you care about blocking visibility? you're the one who suggested permanent mechs. That would mean dozens of mechs walking around freely, blocking view.

Yes i can. THEY ARE IN THE GAME. They're not the same size. You, clearly, haven't seen a mech alongside a Draenei:

Then, post those abilities.

Once again, you do not know the difference between a combat pet and a guardian pet. You're repeating the same mantra, even though i explained the differences to you (you're just choosing not to see it).

Good thing our friend fossilfree helped us with that:

https://www.wowhead.com/item=132531/...ed-combat-mode

I knew it would be useful one day.

That's because you can't differentiate between Void, Death and Fel. To you, they are all the same because gameplay-wise they deal Shadow damage. But, that's not how it is in lore. I don't expect much from you because you are, clearly, not lore-savvy. But, You can, at least, give it a try and read some lore. I know it's, probably, hard for you.

We have none of that in game. We have your laughable imagination for a Dark Ranger make-belief. Void elves are not Undead High elves, and Black Arrow, Life Drain, Banshee's Wail and Mind Control are not Entropic Embrace abilities.

Meanwhile, you can create a Gnome/Goblin Hunter, take the Engineering profession, strap on some Goggles, use the Reaves module and play a Tinker.

Some people just want to play dumbfounded and be irritative.

Of course the Night Warrior is a concept they are pushing for. Only a blind person, like some users here, won't see it.

Go watch my Ranger concept, which integrates the Priestess of the Moon (Night Warrior) in it.

You forget that Tyrande uses ranged abilities as well, alongside Arcane.

Good thing you don't know what people want or not, and that it's not up to you.
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-11 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also features Arcane, we don't know what specs it can have cause it's a new thing and they can do whatever they want with it. If you look at Tyrande's graphics during Darkshore, she is doing the Shadowpriest Void cast animation and Spriest is the only spec that uses those things.

Night Warrior if done right can incorporate Warden elements along with the long missing "Avatar of Vengeance" ability and they can take the liberty to merge it with Dark Ranger.

All of this is raw speculation since both Dark Ranger/Sylvanas and Tyrande/Night Warrior are undergoing development and the latter hasn't been fleshed out at all yet.

What I talk with certainty is that Elune's powers in the cosmic war we are about to uncover are something very crucial and interesting. Danuser said we are scratching the surface of something big, so it is only natural to expect that the next thematic class will be something major.
    Okay, but what is it that is making people find this class concept interesting?

Simple, it's Tyrande with dual warglaives killing people (especially Nathanos). So if this becomes a class, what are people who want this class going to want to see?

Elves with dual warglaives using shadow/arcane abilities.

The problem is that the previous class inclusion was Elves with dual warglaives using shadow/fel abilities. I mean sure, you could add Spirit/Avatar of Vengeance to this, but what does the entire shadow-empowered "vengeance" thing remind you of?

Okay, but what is it that is making people find this class concept interesting?

Simple, it's Tyrande with dual warglaives killing people (especially Nathanos). So if this becomes a class, what are people who want this class going to want to see?

Elves with dual warglaives using shadow/arcane abilities.

The problem is that the previous class inclusion was Elves with dual warglaives using shadow/fel abilities. I mean sure, you could add Spirit/Avatar of Vengeance to this, but what does the entire shadow-empowered "vengeance" thing remind you of?
    Using a bow, spirit owl, Lunar spells and healing.

Avatars of Vengeance are created by wardens when they cast "Vengeance". They summon Spirit of Vengeances.

Spirits of Vengeance are created by the Avatar of Vengeance when it casts "Spirit of Vengeance". Spirits of Vengeance are invulnerable and will disappear after 50 seconds or when the Avatar of Vengeance is destroyed.

I don't know but, nothing about these remind me of a Demon Hunter like, you're trying to imply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    I don't know if you're playing dumb right now, or not. Clipping issues? there are Orcs and Draenei in mechs. They would be the same size as Goblin and Gnomes in mech. They would take more space in the cockpit, just like on mounts.
    Please post a picture of a Draenei or Orc inside a mech in a normal interior space (like an inn or a shop).

Here's Mekkatorque in one;

Suddenly, you care about blocking visibility? you're the one who suggested permanent mechs. That would mean dozens of mechs walking around freely, blocking view.
    You're clearly not reading what I'm writing. The reason you restrict it to smaller races is that the mechs don't have to be exceedingly large to give the illusion of a race piloting a large mech. In that case the "large mech" could be simply the size of a male Draenei or Tauren in plate armor.

Yes i can. THEY ARE IN THE GAME. They're not the same size. You, clearly, haven't seen a mech alongside a Draenei:
    Someone isn't reading the responses......

Then, post those abilities.
    Tinker abilities? Just hop over to WC3 Tinker and HotS Tinker.

Once again, you do not know the difference between a combat pet and a guardian pet. You're repeating the same mantra, even though i explained the differences to you (you're just choosing not to see it).
    I know that Shaman aren't considered a pet class despite being able to summon a variety of totems and elementals.

Why is that? Could it be because none of those are pets?

Good thing our friend fossilfree helped us with that:

I knew it would be useful one day.
    You mean the engineering toy that you can only use on Broken Shore? Yeah, that's totally the same as having the ability to pilot a mech in actual content.

What if I want to actually do some CURRENT WoW content? Hell, what if I want to do Legion content outside of Broken shore? Reeves Combat Module doesn't work for any of that.

That's because you can't differentiate between Void, Death and Fel. To you, they are all the same because gameplay-wise they deal Shadow damage. But, that's not how it is in lore. I don't expect much from you because you are, clearly, not lore-savvy. But, You can, at least, give it a try and read some lore. I know it's, probably, hard for you.
    Uh, that's not just "to me", that's a FACT; It's all Shadow damage and shadow-based magic so it really doesn't matter.

We have none of that in game. We have your laughable imagination for a Dark Ranger make-belief. Void elves are not Undead High elves, and Black Arrow, Life Drain, Banshee's Wail and Mind Control are not Entropic Embrace abilities.
    Yeah, you're not getting most of those abilities because they already exist in other classes. You're also not getting HotS Black Arrow because a passive ability that stuns targets, and that would be grossly OP.

Meanwhile, you can create a Gnome/Goblin Hunter, take the Engineering profession, strap on some Goggles, use the Reaves module and play a Tinker.
    Again, a Hunter isn't a Tinker. Shooting arrows, slashing with a pole arm, getting healed with animal blood, and taming animals isn't a Tinker.

However, shooting shadow arrows, throwing shadow blades, shadow porting, taming undead creatures (Necromancy) and looking like an undead elf is a Dark Ranger.

Using a bow, spirit owl, Lunar spells and healing.

Avatars of Vengeance are created by wardens when they cast "Vengeance". They summon Spirit of Vengeances.

Spirits of Vengeance are created by the Avatar of Vengeance when it casts "Spirit of Vengeance". Spirits of Vengeance are invulnerable and will disappear after 50 seconds or when the Avatar of Vengeance is destroyed.

I don't know but, nothing about these remind me of a Demon Hunter like, you're trying to imply.
    Really? Vengeance is the name of the Demon Hunter tank spec.

BTW, you ever wonder why they completely changed that ability in HotS? Because it was OP as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The problem is that you didn't just stated it as an opinion.
    News flash Ielenia, explaining the reasoning behind an opinion, even if _you don't think the reason makes sense_ is still an opinion.

The fact is, the reasons I gave *weren't* fallacies. They simply didn't meet your standard of being a compelling reason the class was unpopular.

Take in the facts here. I never said it was the *most important* or *only* reason Monks are unpopular. I simply used it as an example. I did not base my entire argument around this one example; you chose to discuss this particular example and I kept responding that's all. If I asked you if lacking the No-auto attack system contributed to them being less popular, would you say it is not a contributing factor? No. You'd just say you think there are other factors that (YOU THINK) are more important. But that doesn't actually counter my example, because *you* can't prove that those other factors contributed more to the Monk's unpopularity either. Starting at level 1 and being whimsical are your own anecdotal reasons; these are not evidence. You're arguing opinion with opinion, and trying to say that mine is wrong because of your own standards.

Nothing I said was actually untrue. You just deemed it so because you have different personal standards for why a Monk failed. Simple as that.

Again, chill. I'm not interested in going further with your rhetoric. I'm only defending myself against your baseless accusations that my opinion was anything but an opinion, and against your claims that I was using any sort of fallacy. Any more of this and I'm just gonna block you.

- - - Updated - - -

The class doesn't have to be elf based at all.

Night Warrior could be expanded to more than just Night Elf, much like how Druid was branched out to multiple races.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-01-11 at 05:47 PM.

Please post a picture of a Draenei or Orc inside a mech in a normal interior space (like an inn or a shop).

You're clearly not reading what I'm writing. The reason you restrict it to smaller races is that the mechs don't have to be exceedingly large to give the illusion of a race piloting a large mech. In that case the "large mech" could be simply the size of a male Draenei or Tauren in plate armor.

Someone isn't reading the responses......

Tinker abilities? Just hop over to WC3 Tinker and HotS Tinker.

I know that Shaman aren't considered a pet class despite being able to summon a variety of totems and elementals.

Why is that? Could it be because none of those are pets?

You mean the engineering toy that you can only use on Broken Shore? Yeah, that's totally the same as having the ability to pilot a mech in actual content.

What if I want to actually do some CURRENT WoW content? Hell, what if I want to do Legion content outside of Broken shore? Reeves Combat Module doesn't work for any of that.

Uh, that's not just "to me", that's a FACT; It's all Shadow damage and shadow-based magic so it really doesn't matter.

Yeah, you're not getting most of those abilities because they already exist in other classes. You're also not getting HotS Black Arrow because a passive ability that stuns targets, and that would be grossly OP.

Again, a Hunter isn't a Tinker. Shooting arrows, slashing with a pole arm, getting healed with animal blood, and taming animals isn't a Tinker.

However, shooting shadow arrows, throwing shadow blades, shadow porting, taming undead creatures (Necromancy) and looking like an undead elf is a Dark Ranger.

Really? Vengeance is the name of the Demon Hunter tank spec.

BTW, you ever wonder why they completely changed that ability in HotS? Because it was OP as hell.
    Just replace Mekkatorque's mech with a Shredder or a Warframe.

You, clearly, have not been reading what i've been writing. The size of the race piloting the mech does not affect the size of the mech itself.

Someone hasn't been reading the responses... Tank abilities.

You're not the brightest, are you? What most people consider a pet class is a combat pet class, like the Hunter, Warlock and Death Knight.
    It does not mean other classes do not utilize pets. That is what called Guardian pets or, temporary pets. For example, "Fire Elementals, Earth Elementals, and Storm Elementals summoned by Shamans are guardians unless the Shaman has the talent [Primal Elementalist], which causes them instead to be controllable pets. Enhancement shamans can additionally use [Feral Spirit] to summon 2 Spirit wolves".

Reaves Module: Piloted Combat Mode
    Item Level 42
    Use: Teach Reaves how to enter Piloted Combat Mode.
    Max Stack: 20
    Sell Price: 8 75

Nothing says "only usable on the Broken Shore".

-_- That's because you're unfamiliar with lore. The same can be said about a Hunter's and a Tinker's explosives - they both deal fire damage.

It's weird... because I remember other classes that had their abilities spread in all sorts of in-game classes, and were still implemented, despite your objection. Funny, huh?
    At the end of the day, your prediction abilities are worth jack shit, as we've seen in the past.

Using explosives and Mechanical pets is, though. You forget to mention these.

Weird, because i can't find any of the abilities you mentioned in the Hunter class. It just comes to show how little you have for an argument if you have to use Void elves as a justification for in-game Dark Rangers

*Applause*. A spec name is an indication for a Warden ability. Truly hilarious. You just keep amazing me with your lack of lore knowledge...

10+ Year Old Account
    The class doesn't have to be elf based at all.

Night Warrior could be expanded to more than just Night Elf, much like how Druid was branched out to multiple races.
    It would be Elf-based because it's core concept revolves around Tyrande, an elf.

Also it's melee, and it has shadow aspects, and it's warglaives. It's essentially Demon Hunter 2.0.

It would be Elf-based because it's core concept revolves around Tyrande, an elf.

Also it's melee, and it has shadow aspects, and it's warglaives. It's essentially Demon Hunter 2.0.
    It depends.

Would you consider Paladin to be Human based by today's standards? Paladin was initially designed around a Human exclusively, but has expanded its lore and influence around to many other races. Is it still considered a Human-based class?

Shamans were Orcs only in Warcraft 3. The Shaman core concept revolves around the Orc Shaman unit and other Orc Heroes like Farseer and Thrall. Would it be considered an Orc-based class?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-01-11 at 05:53 PM.

I missed the part where Demon Hunters were using bows, magical arrows, spirit beasts, Lunar spells and healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You, clearly, have not been reading what i've been writing. The size of the race piloting the mech does not affect the size of the mech itself.
    So again, we're going to have Draenei inside mechs being the same size as regular Draenei?

Someone hasn't been reading the responses... Tank abilities.
    Yeah, I wasn't talking about tank abilities, I was talking about the obvious issues with size that a Draenei or Orc in a mech would case.

You're not the brightest, are you? What most people consider a pet class is a combat pet class, like the Hunter, Warlock and Death Knight.
    It does not mean other classes do not utilize pets.
    That's exactly what it means. You're simply using semantics here. A Totem, Statue, or Trap is not a pet.

Reaves Module: Piloted Combat Mode
    Item Level 42
    Use: Teach Reaves how to enter Piloted Combat Mode.
    Max Stack: 20
    Sell Price: 8 75

Nothing says "only usable on the Broken Shore".
    Then you should read up on the ability. You can only use the Piloted Combat Module on one map in Legion, and that's it.

-_- That's because you're unfamiliar with lore. The same can be said about a Hunter's and a Tinker's explosives - they both deal fire damage.
    Just FYI, Tinkers also have Gravity weapons and bombs.

It's weird... because I remember other classes that had their abilities spread in all sorts of in-game classes, and were still implemented, despite your objection. Funny, huh?
    At the end of the day, your prediction abilities are worth jack shit, as we've seen in the past.
    You mean like when I said that the only way a Demon Hunter would enter WoW is if Warlocks lost Metamorphosis?

Yeah, interesting how that worked out.

Using explosives and Mechanical pets is, though. You forget to mention these.
    Yeah, I didn't mention it because it's not true.

Weird, because i can't find any of the abilities you mentioned in the Hunter class. It just comes to show how little you have for an argument if you have to use Void elves as a justification for in-game Dark Rangers
    You're free to play dumb as you wish. The simply fact remains that you can be just like Sylvanas with a Void Elf Hunter. That probably explains why Dark Rangers didn't show up in this expansion.

*Applause*. A spec name is an indication for a Warden ability. Truly hilarious. You just keep amazing me with your lack of lore knowledge...
    Says the person who thinks a Warden and a Night Warrior are the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I missed the part where Demon Hunters were using bows, magical arrows, spirit beasts, Lunar spells and healing.
    That would be a Hunter. That isn't the aspect that people want though. They want Tyrande with the Warglaives.

- - - Updated - - -

It depends.

Would you consider Paladin to be Human based by today's standards? Paladin was initially designed around a Human exclusively, but has expanded its lore and influence around to many other races. Is it still considered a Human-based class?
    Yes. Which is why other races of Paladins aren't called Paladins.

Shamans were Orcs only in Warcraft 3. The Shaman core concept revolves around the Orc Shaman unit and other Orc Heroes like Farseer and Thrall. Would it be considered an Orc-based class?
    Except even in WC3 you could tell that Troll Witch Doctors and Shadow Hunters and Tauren Spirit Walkers were types of Shaman.

This is a gnome "in" a male draenei in plate. How is that a "large mech"? A Tauren/male Draenei mech would look like shit. It would at the very least need to be much wider.

Also you do not realize that when someone sits down it basically halves their size?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    This is a gnome "in" a male draenei in plate. How is that a "large mech"? A Tauren/male Draenei mech would look like shit. It would at the very least need to be much wider.
    For a Gnome or Goblin, that would be a large mech due to their normal size. That's my point. They could even be slightly larger.

You simply can't do that with larger races.

Also you do not realize that when someone sits down it basically halves their size?
    Hit boxes can also be scaled down and models can be allowed to clip through, allowing things to fit through doorways.

The Gnome hitbox is actually pretty small, so even when you use growth abilities to make a HUGE gnome you're still able to walk through most doorways

So again, we're going to have Draenei inside mechs being the same size as regular Draenei?

Yeah, I wasn't talking about tank abilities, I was talking about the obvious issues with size that a Draenei or Orc in a mech would case.

That's exactly what it means. You're simply using semantics here. A Totem, Statue, or Trap is not a pet.

Then you should read up on the ability. You can only use the Piloted Combat Module on one map in Legion, and that's it.

Just FYI, Tinkers also have Gravity weapons and bombs.

You mean like when I said that the only way a Demon Hunter would enter WoW is if Warlocks lost Metamorphosis?

Yeah, interesting how that worked out.

Yeah, I didn't mention it because it's not true.

You're free to play dumb as you wish. The simply fact remains that you can be just like Sylvanas with a Void Elf Hunter. That probably explains why Dark Rangers didn't show up in this expansion.

Says the person who thinks a Warden and a Night Warrior are the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be a Hunter. That isn't the aspect that people want though. They want Tyrande with the Warglaives.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Which is why other races of Paladins aren't called Paladins.

Except even in WC3 you could tell that Troll Witch Doctors and Shadow Hunters and Tauren Spirit Walkers were types of Shaman.
    They're not the same size as regular Draenei. Otherwise, they couldn't have piloted it:

I'd suggest using glasses.

Jesus christ....-_- Tank abilities that surpass Explosive Shot. try keeping up with the conversation.

Why are you mentioning traps, statues and totems? Hunters have temporary pets, like Dire Beast. Monks have Xuen and Shamans have Elementals and Spirit Wolves. You aren't very perceptive...:

"Guardian pets are one of three types of pets that can be summoned/created.

They will enter into combat on their summoner's behalf, much as a combat pet will, but cannot be directly controlled. They react as a combat pet set on Aggressive and Follow.
    They are generally summoned on a temporary basis, unlike combat pets or Small Pets."

From what i read, it seems to be Broken Isles, not Broken Shore.

Grav-O-Bomb 3000
    35 yd range
    Instant 30 sec cooldown
    Throw a bomb at the target area which will explode after 3 sec, pullling all enemies to the center and dealing 4 Fire Damage.

I don't know what you said, because i wasn't around during the time you objected Demon Hunters. From what i could gather, you said they would never happen.

Well, it is true. Because the Tinker has several explosives, and does utilize temporary robotic pets.

Man... did you ever consider a stand-up comedy role? I'm, really, grinning out here...
    Oh my god... You gotta go tell Sylvanas that she's a Void elf. I, really, hope people see this because this is unbelievable (no pun-intended).

Huh? when did i say a Warden and a Night Warrior are the same thing? you're mixing me up with deviantcultist.
    I, literally, had separate concepts for Priestess of the Moon and Warden.
    But, i guess it's hard to keep track with all the bullshit spewing.

I didn't know the Hunter could use lunar spells and heal, as well.
    Tyrande with Warglaives also shoots an arrow, uses lunar spell and spirit owl:

But, apparently, you have a short-term memory.

3+ Year Old Account

How did you get that screenshot? O-O
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

For a Gnome or Goblin, that would be a large mech due to their normal size. That's my point. They could even be slightly larger.

You simply can't do that with larger races.
    A mech Tauren/Draenei size would look pathetic. And would need to be scaled much bigger to give the Gnome a proper looking cockpit unless you just want to show the gnomes head only and at that point it might as well just be a cyborg.

We already have mech mounts that everyone can use.

Hit boxes can also be scaled down and models can be allowed to clip through, allowing things to fit through doorways.

The Gnome hitbox is actually pretty small, so even when you use growth abilities to make a HUGE gnome you're still able to walk through most doorways
    Yeah. Idk why he keeps arguing about size needing to be gnome/goblin size. We literally have mech mounts that every race can use. I think Teriz is just a gnome/goblin fanatic trying to get more out in the world. The dude was willing and excited for a ghost busters "tinker". If someone is willing to bastardize a class so much that it becomes an alchemist/ghostbuster hybrid with the name tinker is it the name or race exclusivity that they are actually a fan of?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    How did you get that screenshot? O-O
    It's pretty easy to find a creepy gnome player in any town. Then you just gotta take two screenshots and paste the gnome on top of you.