i miss ignite weapon on warriors

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Cannibalize
    Forsaken racial
    5 yd range
    2 min cooldown
    Channeled
    When activated, regenerates 7% of total health and mana every 2 sec for 10 sec. Only works on Humanoid or Undead corpses within 5 yds. Any movement, action, or damage taken while Cannibalizing will cancel the effect.

This ability is similar to that of ghouls, ravenous undead cannibals who could regenerate their wounds by eating the flesh of fallen warriors.

RPG:
    Forsaken are undead, and thus are unable to heal without magical aid. Studying ghouls and abominations, some Forsaken mimic their ability to devour flesh to restore their own. Historically, trolls are cannibals, and have learned to consume flesh to accelerate their own healing. Cannibalizing the corpse of a good or intelligent neutral creature is an evil act. A cannibalized corpse is befouled.
    Honestly I was just being cute and posting pop culture zombie eating habits.

For WoW, it seems pretty likely that zombies (or Forsaken, who I would argue aren't actually zombies, but I digress) can eat flesh. Though I don't think it's clear that they have to eat flesh.

if they made a new one, it'd be crap. current blizz can't get anything right except raids...

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you mean is showed to be flawed by your undeniably personal and subjective interpretation of said facts?
    It is a fact that the WoD mission table is not an accurate representation of what the followers actually are. Nat Pagle is a "hunter" not "fisherman". Single-weapon characters are fury warriors, somehow.

And you're actually alone in all of this. Everyone is arguing AGAINST you. And, I'm sorry, but you're no Galileo Galilei.

You not liking the arguments, don't mean they are not relevant or conclusive, you just are adept of the absolutist fallacy, not even by bliz showing a blademaster as arms warrior in their warrior class preview is enough
    It shows the warrior fighting a blademaster, not that a blademaster is the warrior class. Otherwise, you're saying that rogues can also wield staves:

Or priests are also skeletons?

Or perhaps death knights are paladins?

In other words: the blademaster in the warrior image is just that: a blademaster. The enemy the player class is fighting against. It does not mean the blademaster is a warrior. This is just your personal interpretation of the image. An interpretation which, considering all the other evidence, is more likely to be wrong than correct.

and you always keep finding a way to dismiss those things, while, going the other way around for tinker, is imensely funny the double standarts that you use
    There is no double-standard. Your arguments and evidence have been examined, and demonstrated how they are flawed. That is a fact. Deeply flawed, in my opinion.

Nope, there is no deception on it, they are master of "stealth and guile" wich is translated to cunning, not deception,
    "Guile is the quality of being good at deceiving people in a clever way."
    "​the use of clever but dishonest behaviour in order to trick people"
    "clever but sometimes dishonest behaviour that you use to deceive someone"
    "insidious cunning in attaining a goal; crafty or artful deception; duplicity."
    Need more?

there is no mocking,
    "Minor something that summons two illusions for giggles" is mockery.

First of all Once again, this is your own assumption, invisibility was not the defining trait, the mobility and bonus movement was,
    It is in the invisibility. It is the defining reason why one uses the ability the way they do: to sneak in or out.

Second, Avatardefinint trait is the spell immunity,
    So, my claim that the invisibility is the most important trait of Wind Walk is "just my opinion". But here you are stating that your opinion is objective fact?

Exactly like blademasters do? run away from the fight->heal, come back, this is ltierally what a blademaster did in the RTS with potions and is how warriros do in wow with second wind LMAO, try to play then for once.
    I do play a warrior. Which is why I can tell you're speaking nonsense. Also, notice how warriors are the only class without a movement speed increase buff ability?

Nope, they do not want that, since blademasters are not "trickery" based, they want a caricature of a blademaster, especially from other games, into wow
    It's downright amazing how you can continue to repeat that when you were the one who quoted the WoW lore where it states that blademasters are about stealth and trickery.

You do not know the warrior concept buddy, you do not even play warrior,
    So you're a stalker who broke into my house and is looking over my shoulder as I play?

you literally ahve being wrong about the class back in forth just like the other guys aying warriors are the slowst class in the game,
    When you believe you are the right one and everyone else is wrong... chances are you are the wrong one. Food for thought. Almost no one has agreed with you, here.

Blademaster are leirally one of the concepts of warriors,
    Except... it's demonstrably not, as none of the warrior specs play like one would expect the blademaster to play.

master of 2h weapons who sue mobility,
    Warriors don't have mobility. Of all the melee classes, they have the worst mobility. Even considering all the other classes.

Ivisiblity and ilussory iamges are not "concepts" theya re tools, and skills, of the blademaster,
    In other words, they're part of the concept, that are wholly unrepresented in the warrior class. Therefore the warrior class does not properly represent the blademaster concept.

Blademaster are not akin tor ogues, stop saying that, their entire thing is based around being honorable fighters,
    You do know "personal honor" does not mean "honesty", or that they fight without using dirty tricks, right? Robin Hood had a personal code of honor, but he still stole money. "Honor" only means that they have a strict personal code they follow and stick to. In D&D terms, that is what a "lawful" character does, regardless if they're good, neutral or evil. And yes, their playstyle is most similar to rogues, who are also masters of guile and stealth, than warriors.

and guerrilla style of fighting is literally a style played by warriors, is literally something used in BGs as well warfare inr eal world, lol, do you even played a BG as warrior in your life?
    Go read the definition of "guerrilla tactics".

And they showed how blademasters are arms warriors, since they are talking about the arms spec in legion.
    Again, that is not a warrior. That is just a blademaster NPC fighting a warrior player.

The armor used is player set, the banner? a toy.
    Or maybe a future class-exclusive transmog piece, like the DKs have some exclusive sword models.

we should demand a new class in wow just like the demon hunter from the RTS using heavy armor and metamorphosis, attacking in raged and not having a tank spec, you are right, because things don't and can't change we need a complete print of the RTS

Sounds stupid?
    It does, because it's a blatant misrepresentation of what people here are asking here. We're asking for a class that fits the WC3 unit and the lore established in WoW, of agile fighters, masters of stealth and trickery.

you ahve to check what "literally" means, cause "guile" does not, literally, mean "trickster"
    I have. Look above. Second, I never said the blademaster cons money from others. Which is what "trickster" means.

and having stealth does not, literally, mean "sneaky", and once again cherrypicking things fogeting everything else said
    So how is someone being "stealthy" does not mean being "sneaky"? Explain.

Which is not from the class but from the race, orcish, therefore, it can be used with transmog
    Orcs are not a race based on real-life oriental culture.

Like i said hubris and vanity
    More projection.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's not. It is based on the Warcraft III (see: Reforged model and Illidan vs Arthas old cinematic).
    It's how it was represented in the WC3 game, and also how Illidan looked in WoW too, back in TBC.

No, it wasn't. Not in WC3 nor in HotS.
    Are you saying the demon hunter and Illidan don't turn into a demon in WC3 and HotS, respectively? Again, the staple of metamorphosis is transforming into a demon, not "transforming into a specific type and look of demon."

FFS. Can you do that to Triceron?
    I literally showed you how to do it. If you want to ring him up, do it yourself. You're the one who are using his posts as evidence.

I can't say anything about their vanilla class choices. Yet, i can see a pattern in their expansion ones.
    You can't just dismiss the vanilla classes just because they throw a wrench in your narrative.

Because they didn't mention that when asked. They said they considered it for TBC because of Illidan.
    They only mentioned the three runner-ups that beat all the other concepts for Wrath. For all we know, DH may have been in the list of those class concepts that lost to the runemaster, necromancer and death knight.

Because every class added matched its expansion:
    WotLK - Death Knight
    MoP - Monk
    Legion - Demon Hunter
    Again: runemaster almost became the expansion class for Wrath. And a runemaster does not have fit the Wrath theme and story. If "must match expansion theme" was an actual requirement, the runemaster would not even be considered, much less be one of the top three picks.

Look at what i pointed above.
    Wouldn't make much sense to add a Tinker in a Pandaren centered expansion, for example.
    Why does it have to "make sense"?

Already did with the Demon Hunter.
    You haven't. You made the assertion that it exists. You never proved it does.

Class additions (not considerations).
    So you got no real method of figuring it out and are just making guesses according to your own personal tastes.

You didn't address my confusion.
    A certain archetype being integrated into a class doesn't mean there won't be NPC characters of them.
    Actually, it does. Because that means, lore-wise, that archetype belongs to that class and NPCs would be represented by said class.

They, literally, considered it for TBC and then added it when the time was right - in Legion. That's called a waiting list.
    No. No, it doesn't. For all we know, one guy in Blizzard remembered they once tried teh DH and decided to offer it again. You are making a statement of fact without any conclusive evidence of that.

None of that backs your claim that WC3 units are required for concepts to be made into playable classes in WoW.

Do you want more of the same?
    Or, are you against new races as a whole?

It's not much of an argument, but their models are.
    You say this... but venthyr are just a less ugly version of the forsaken. "More of the same". And also: not thinking venthyr should be added as a race does not mean I "only want more of the same".

What are you talking about?
    It was, literally, a front and center aspect since the days of WC2:
    Warcraft 2 and 3 lore changed when WoW came along. The venthyr thing is recent and a big part of their race's description and lore.

"This ability is similar to that of ghouls, ravenous undead cannibals who could regenerate their wounds by eating the flesh of fallen warriors."
    That doesn't mean it's something required for survival.

Not the second one.
    He became the Archangel of Wisdom, while still being a mortal.
    Did he get any new powers? I don't think he did.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-05-06 at 01:41 AM.

The more we see, the more I am convinced that a new class will somehow include Night Warrior one way or another. No way they build all of that up only to make it an NPC-only shenanigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Again: runemaster almost became the expansion class for Wrath. And a runemaster does not have fit the Wrath theme and story. If "must match expansion theme" was an actual requirement, the runemaster would not even be considered, much less be one of the top three picks.
    To be fair, this is something that very easily could have changed over the lifecycle of WoW as the development team has changed, and new leadership has come into play. It's possible that in the days of WotLK they were less concerned with ensuring that an added classes really matched up with the expansion and today they feel it's more important.

It's one of the reasons I think it tends to be a mistake to assign "rules" to the development team, even when there's a quote that seems to back it up. So much can change, so much has changed, and Blizzard has a track record of doing things they said they would never do.
    Last edited by jellmoo; 2021-05-06 at 03:45 AM.

Thye need additional specs not new classes, it has been needed for a long while to spice up available roles for content. Either that or a dual class system where you can share gear between classes and swap like you currently do with specs but an additional class you can learn through a cool story, it would be very easy to make that a major expansion feature.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Thye need additional specs not new classes, it has been needed for a long while to spice up available roles for content. Either that or a dual class system where you can share gear between classes and swap like you currently do with specs but an additional class you can learn through a cool story, it would be very easy to make that a major expansion feature.
    the dual class system in runes of magic was godly

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    To be fair, this is something that very easily could have changed over the lifecycle of WoW as the development team has changed, and new leadership has come into play. It's possible that in the days of WotLK they were less concerned with ensuring that an added classes really matched up with the expansion and today they feel it's more important.

It's one of the reasons I think it tends to be a mistake to assign "rules" to the development team, even when there's a quote that seems to back it up. So much can change, so much has changed, and Blizzard has a track record of doing things they said they would never do.
    Of course it's a mistake. First, because, like you pointed out, even if they have rules, they can easily change, year after year. And second, because each and every "rule" people assign to the Blizzard team are nothing but their own conjecture. And it can piss me off when people pass of their own conjectures as fact regarding this fact, especially when they blatantly ignore what little Blizzard has actually revealed about how they pick classes for an expansion if it doesn't conform to their narrative, going insofar as to implying the developers are lying.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    the dual class system in runes of magic was godly
    It's a very low effort major feature which they can literally make an expansion around so knowing blizzard because they always go for the low hanging fruit that's probably going to be the next major feature in an expansion, they know there's a lot of people who would like to play a tank or healer but have mained let's say a hunter for years I don't want to put that much time into a character if they're not seeing as their number one pick or their favorite. So essentially in doing this it would open up many more people to other roles they may not consider, and a small percentage will clearly pick pure DPS matchups but that's going to happen regardless and some people will pick hybrid matchups and that's fine. The power of having two classes for the character you love the most would be a game changer for a WoW, then they could also balance things a little bit looser and a wouldn't hurt people across the board as much because they'd have multiple class options, it always have something to turn to if something in one class wasn't working so well right at the moment. It kind of lets them cover their asses.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

exactly, just like mirror iamge and wind walk can change, i love how you guys save me the work and refute yourselves.
    Exactly. WoW isn't some sacred, set in stone, source. It's time you realize that.

And no, it can't change in the way you think. Fundamentally, Wind Walk and Mirror Images will still summon duplicates and turn you invisible/stealthed, just like you can't change Metamorphosis from transforming you into a demon. You can change it from ranged to melee, however. Do you see the the point? The core of the ability cannot change, just the bonuses it provides.

none of those exist in warcarft 3, therefore my point stand of they not being in warcraft 3
    You don't, really, get the point of expanding on the core gameplay of a unit, do you? -_-

that is a flat out lie, what is matter is not the invisibility, but what it do, providing bonus to moviment and damage, it is literally state in the skill it is not a invisibility magic, is being too fast to the naked eye. And the ability in RTs of avatar was letting you immune to spells they changed that and in ow no one turns into stone.
    No, it isn't. That is part of the fantasy of being a Blademaster or a Mountain King. Not the bonuses the ability provides, which can be reiterated 1,000 times over (like any ability's rework/revamp/hotfix).

Wind Walk
    Allows the Blademaster to become invisible, and move faster for a set amount of time (important - part of the lore of the ability). When the Blademaster attacks a unit to break invisibility, he will deal bonus damage (not important - a flat out static bonus - can change).

Activate Avatar to temporarily give the Mountain King 5 bonus armor, 500 bonus hit points, 20 bonus damage and spell immunity (not important - can change for balancing purposes).

In Warcraft III, Avatar was the name of an ability for the Mountain King hero that temporarily turned him to stone.

"By focusing the energies of the dwarves’ “newly discovered enchanted heritage”, the mountain kings can grow in size and strength – and take on the physical characteristics of carved stone (important - the lore and fantasy of the ability). In this form, they are impervious to magical attacks and have greatly increased durability" (can be changed for gameplay purposes).

Metamorphosis
    Transforms the Demon Hunter into a powerful demon (important - part of the lore and fantasy of the Demon Hunter) with a ranged attack (600 range) and 500 bonus hit points (not so important - can be changed for gameplay adjustments).

So, on top of never playing the RTS you also enver played warrior in wow? do you ever done a BG before arena?

Arena, fladiator which brings the fact that, in the RPG game, blademasters are literally orc warrios who achieved the gladiator rank, yes i know the rpg isn't canon in wow, neither is hots, so again, fi youw ant tob irng hots up i bring the rpg.
    The RPG also calls Grommash and Thrall Blademasters:
    "Chieftain of the Warsong clan and an orc legend, Grom Hellscream is a blademaster of the old traditions. Thrall is also a blademaster."

So, you can't really take it seriously. Not to mention that a Samurai is by no means a Gladiator. However, there's nothing unrealistic (in terms of a Blademaster) about Samuro's portrayal in HotS.

As for your claims of mobility to escape:
    Heroic Leap
    Leap through the air toward a target location, slamming down with destructive force to deal (10.2211% of Attack power) Physical damage to all enemies within 8 yards.

Nothing escapist about it.

Intercept
    Run at high speed toward an ally, intercepting all melee and ranged attacks against them for 6 sec while they remain within 10 yds.

It doesn't matter how you use them. It matters what they are meant for fantasy and lore-wise.

You, literally, have an image in your head of a Blademaster, due to how you play and transmog your character.
    Are Heroic Leap and Intervene Blademaster abilities?
    Leap is a Diablo 3 Barbarian ability and Dwarf Toss is a Muradin ability. Those archetypes are far off from the Japanese Samurai (Nordic warriors).
    Warbringer (sort of intercept) is a Varian ability in HotS. Is Varian a Blademaster? far from it.

then people shall play hots.

Whcih is funny since people were literally saying "no one is demanding something else other than the RTS", yet, we hsve you to show then wrong, at least something useful
    Better portrayed than in WC3. That's what i meant to say. If it uses everything the WC3 unit does and more, i don't see why it shouldn't be picked over the WC3. It expands upon the unit itself. You'd have to be mad to not acknowledge that.

They are not, exactly because blademasters are portrayed as honroable warriors, putting honor above all else, trickness is never aprt of then, but cunning with is the realm meaning of guile here? indeed is part of then
    Which ability portrays their cunningness? Bladestorm? Critical Strike? No, Mirror Image. You wanna know why? because the translation for guile, also, applies to deceit. Do you need a link or something?

Guile
    deceitful cunning : duplicity.

You, literally, have an image in your head, for the Blademaster, that does not include all of its aspects (that is called bias).
    Unlike you, we do not wish for only Wind Walk and Mirror Image alone, but Bladestorm and Critical Strike, as well. We want the whole package. Not what you envision in your head for the concept (which, lacks a lot).

4head always funny, mister "i don't know how warriors work neither know the blademaster lore", i should read more
    You should, because you use your own interpretation while, deliberately, ignoring parts of the lore to suit your style.

the concept of blademaster is literally born from the orcish race, based on the burning blade clan which ais samurai related, the concept art of the first blademaster is the orc samurai samwise didier draw.
    Of course it is. It doesn't make the Orcs, as a race, Japanese, though. The class itself is, the race itself isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It works in some cases, not in others.

I think Arms could work for Blademaster, but you'd have to go the extra mile and actually take out blunt weapons, otherwise it's just an odd naming convention. Same reason why I wouldn't suggest renaming Fire spec to Blood Mage, there's a lot of weird nuances to the identity that isn't so broadly applicable to just a Fire spec.
    Glad you're here.
    Can you tell lelenia you've worked in a gaming company and that they ditch projects and concepts at 90%+ completion, all the time?

Honestly I was just being cute and posting pop culture zombie eating habits.

For WoW, it seems pretty likely that zombies (or Forsaken, who I would argue aren't actually zombies, but I digress) can eat flesh. Though I don't think it's clear that they have to eat flesh.
    They don't have to, but they need to if they are injured.

Thing is, Anima consumption of Venthyr is closer to Arcane consumption of Blood elves and Nightborne (hence, why they are so similar), and they found other sources.

It's how it was represented in the WC3 game, and also how Illidan looked in WoW too, back in TBC.
    Exactly. Now, you're getting it.
    The Havoc Demon Hunter demon form is based on Illidan's demon form aesthetic.

Are you saying the demon hunter and Illidan don't turn into a demon in WC3 and HotS, respectively? Again, the staple of metamorphosis is transforming into a demon, not "transforming into a specific type and look of demon."
    All of them transform into an Illidan type of Demon Form. Never have the Vengeance one been portrayed.

I literally showed you how to do it. If you want to ring him up, do it yourself. You're the one who are using his posts as evidence.
    Did that.
    Let's hope he replies.

You can't just dismiss the vanilla classes just because they throw a wrench in your narrative
    I didn't dismiss. I said i can't say anything about them. Never have i analysed them or tried to understand the reasoning behind their addition. What i can tell you, though, is that expansion classes have a clear pattern.

They only mentioned the three runner-ups that beat all the other concepts for Wrath. For all we know, DH may have been in the list of those class concepts that lost to the runemaster, necromancer and death knight.
    So, why mention that they considered the class for TBC (due to Illidan's being prominent), yet not mention they considered it for Wrath, as well?

I'm not talking about considerations here. I'm talking about actual additions. They all matched their expansions.

Why does it have to "make sense"?
    That's what they have been doing. Open your eyes.

You haven't. You made the assertion that it exists. You never proved it does.
    Jesus christ. Learn to conclude stuff.
    "Waiting List" is metaphorical for classes waiting to be added. If they have an actual, physical list or not is not the point. The Demon Hunter, for that matter, was considered for TBC (due to Illidan), yet it was scrapped due to the implementation of 9 classes the expansion before. It was put on "Hold" for 8 years, till Legion, when it finally made sense to add it.

So you got no real method of figuring it out and are just making guesses according to your own personal tastes.
    That is my method. Nothing personal about it. It's a robotic calculation, no emotional attachment. Unlike you and your necromancer obsession, i don't advocate for these classes because i want them. I advocate for them because i'm aware of Blizzard's conduct.

Actually, it does. Because that means, lore-wise, that archetype belongs to that class and NPCs would be represented by said class.
    Wrong. We've seen that with the Lich and Dreadlord units, which have some of their abilities in the Death Knight. They still exist as NPC characters.

No. No, it doesn't. For all we know, one guy in Blizzard remembered they once tried teh DH and decided to offer it again. You are making a statement of fact without any conclusive evidence of that.

"They all have amnesia there" - lelenia

Jokes aside. They said "when the time was right", not that they, suddenly, recalled about the existence of that class.

None of that backs your claim that WC3 units are required for concepts to be made into playable classes in WoW.
    That wasn't why i linked them. You wanted proof that they have been integrated into the Death Knight (and Monk).

You say this... but venthyr are just a less ugly version of the forsaken. "More of the same". And also: not thinking venthyr should be added as a race does not mean I "only want more of the same".
    Are you joking?
    One's a Zombie, the other a Vampire. Two different undead creatures. I wonder how you reacted to allied races, then...

Warcraft 2 and 3 lore changed when WoW came along. The venthyr thing is recent and a big part of their race's description and lore.
    Nothing changed about the lore of light hurting undead, except for gameplay reasons for the Forsaken. You're just belittling the lore, like sygfreyd does with Wind Walk and Mirror Image, to suit your agenda.
    It is a big part of their aesthetic (they are vampires, after all). Yet, if Blizzard managed to adjust undead characters, they can do so with Venthyr.

That doesn't mean it's something required for survival.
    Never claimed it. It's for repairing.
    Arcane dependency, on the other hand, is. And, they managed to fix that.

Did he get any new powers? I don't think he did.
    Yes, you can see him using his powers against Maelthel in Diablo 3 cinematic.
    The point is, he remained a mortal and an Archangel at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The more we see, the more I am convinced that a new class will somehow include Night Warrior one way or another. No way they build all of that up only to make it an NPC-only shenanigan.
    You are correct, my friend.
    Yet, some here decide to turn a blind eye to it.

You are right.
    They broke our expectations with 2 original races being added every other expansion.
    They can do so with classes. Yet, until they do i'm inclined to use whatever is available for prediction.

How about these?:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations

Of course it's a mistake. First, because, like you pointed out, even if they have rules, they can easily change, year after year. And second, because each and every "rule" people assign to the Blizzard team are nothing but their own conjecture. And it can piss me off when people pass of their own conjectures as fact regarding this fact, especially when they blatantly ignore what little Blizzard has actually revealed about how they pick classes for an expansion if it doesn't conform to their narrative, going insofar as to implying the developers are lying.
    It is subjective and bound to change.
    Yet, it's all we have for now.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-05-06 at 10:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Unbelievably ridiculous thing to say, everything that exists in RTS exists in HOTS but HOTS expanded upon those exact abilities so RTS
    "expanded" in a non-canon way, for a moba-like game, not a mmo-rpg, if it where, the abilities would be different, like i've being seing for days, but people are just too thick to understand that expanding the arms warrior to fit more, the blademaster is the way to go, instead of making a whole enw class, when we already have then just not fully represented.

It is a fact that the WoD mission table is not an accurate representation of what the followers actually are. Nat Pagle is a "hunter" not "fisherman". Single-weapon characters are fury warriors, somehow.
    those are accurate, not being totally or 100% accurate, for some characters,don't mean the whole system is invalid, this of course a fallacy of biased generalization. Just like they did right with other characters by example Death knights, why ywould you jump to conclusions beliving the case of Lantressor is the same of Nat pagle? when we already had many evidences leading us to believe that indeed blademasters are arms warriors? Lantressor is the living proof of that. Being among one of the iconic blademaster, having warriors skils and being tagged as an arms warriors how he is

And you're actually alone in all of this. Everyone is arguing AGAINST you. And, I'm sorry, but you're no Galileo Galilei.
    Ah yes, they also called him a madman, but sorry the appeal to popular belief is a fallacy that is not goign to save this argument for you, no matter how many times you brought up

It shows the warrior fighting a blademaster, not that a blademaster is the warrior class. Otherwise
    Nice way to trying to pervet things but you know that option is just for players, the toy, and to put literally on the arms spec pannel, when they could ahve put everything else, literally anything else instead of another representation of what a arms warrior is? come on, only a blind man cannot see it

"Minor something that summons two illusions for giggles" is mockery.
    yeah, no, this is again, you assuming and projecting, just because i said "for gigles" don't imply "mockery", i said in the meaning to have fun, because is the purpose of the game, it don't need too do much, just do ilusions to distract.

It is in the invisibility. It is the defining reason why one uses the ability the way they do: to sneak in or out.
    it was not the invisibility but the movement boost, please, try to play the rts for once

So, my claim that the invisibility is the most important trait of Wind Walk is "just my opinion". But here you are stating that your opinion is objective fact?
    your claim literally goes againt the truth, when wild walk is used mostly for their mobility meaning,the boost of speed, if the ability didn't grant invisibility it would still be great and people would still keep using, thats how people use in the RTs, i literally linked you a video of orc playstyle there, im not going to repeat those things over and over until you decide nitpicking something else

I do play a warrior. Which is why I can tell you're speaking nonsense. Also, notice how warriors are the only class without a movement speed increase buff ability?
    You clearly do not, thats why im saying you are speaking nonsense, not having a "movement speed increase buff is one of the most nonsensical arguments you brought here, that is literally an Association fallacy, waow, you must rly like to win things, cause is the only reason why you go so hard on the foruns like that.

Your comment just show that warriors should get a buff like that too, wind walk being the perfect thing

It's downright amazing how you can continue to repeat that when you were the one who quoted the WoW lore where it states that blademasters are about stealth and trickery.
    Ah yes, cherrypicking fallacy, feels good to just pick this "quote" and ignore everything else, and nowhere is said "trickery", is said guile, so you not just cherrypicking but doing wrong.

So you're a stalker who broke into my house and is looking over my shoulder as I play?
    your outright unawareness of the class show that

When you believe you are the right one and everyone else is wrong... chances are you are the wrong one. Food for thought. Almost no one has agreed with you, here.
    Appeal to Popular Belief - Claiming something is true because the majority of people believe it.
    Except... it's demonstrably not, as none of the warrior specs play like one would expect the blademaster to play.
    ah yes, because you trully know how the RTS blademaster played and how wow warrior played, except you show yourself as a person who don't.

Warriors don't have mobility. Of all the melee classes, they have the worst mobility. Even considering all the other classes.
    Mobility
    Warriors are known as a highly mobile class, charging and leaping about the battlefield, and fiercely intervening between their allies and those that would attack them. To be effective in the heat of PvP combat, warriors may need to use every one of their abilities to stay within range of their targets, as they rely on being in melee range to make use of their abilities.

The warrior's main mobility skill [Charge] stuns opponents and generates rage, and can be improved by talents to be available very frequently. [Intervene] (or [Safeguard], if talented) allows the warrior to leap to the defence of an ally, or simply use their teammates (or Banners) to launch themselves back into the fray. [Heroic Leap] allows the warrior to leap down upon their enemies or if necessary to flee quickly out of range of attacks, and additionally deals some AoE damage.
    A battle-hardened master of two-handed weapons, using mobility and overpowering attacks to strike <his/her> opponents down.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Warrior#Arms

3. Strengths of Arms Warriors
    Strong consistent damage and powerful burst AoE
    Decent mobility
    Powerful defensives
    Adaptable kit able to respond to almost any situation
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-pvp-guide

Strengths
    +Very flexible toolkit, able to spec into any damage profile from single target,
    +two-target cleave, sustained multitarget, or burst AoE.
    +High mobility class due to Charge, Intervene , and Heroic Leap .
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-w...-pve-dps-guide

What Makes Arms Special for Shadowlands?

Mobility: Arms Warriors tactically advance through the battlefield using Charge and Heroic Leap to quickly engage the enemy.
    https://pt.wowhead.com/arms-warrior-guide

Unique Qualities
    Warriors have exceptional mobility due to Heroic Leap and Charge,
    https://www.wowhead.com/melee-dps-guide

[ Warriors don't have mobility. Of all the melee classes, they have the worst mobility.
    Ah yes, a true warrior player, honestly, im zero surprised that once again you have barely a clue of what you are speaking and are probably saying something just because other people said, you know little about warriors and by extension, little about blademasters, since they are the same

to think you are rly arguing that warriros are not a mobile class, therefore should not get those two skills, is hilarious

You do know "personal honor" does not mean "honesty", or that they fight without using dirty tricks, right? Robin Hood
    Ah yes, two unrelated things brought together trying to make a point, another good use of false equivalence

Go read the definition of "guerrilla tactics".
    You can do that while you level up a warrior, play one for a bit, might help loose up that thinking of yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. WoW isn't some sacred, set in stone, source. It's time you realize that.

And no, it can't change in the way you think.
    Im trully amazed how you can have such double standarts, you first said it canc ahnge and nothing is sacred, then say it can't change, in the way i think , that is the hubris and vanity im talking about

Fundamentally, Wind Walk and Mirror Images will still summon duplicates and turn you invisible/stealthed, just like you can't change Metamorphosis from transforming you into a demon. You can change it from ranged to melee, however. Do you see the the point? The core of the ability cannot change, just the bonuses it provides.
    so, im just goign to talk about this, since appear is the core center of the problem and let the rest of your dreams alone. I will try to explaind etailed because this is probably my last response to you since you are already too dep into that.

first of all you are using the fallacy of circular logic , your conclusion is pressuposted from a premise based on the conclusion., you are concluding that the "stealth" part of wind walk cannot change(this is your conclusion) because "stealth" is the core ability or feature of wind walk(this is your premise)

But your premise is false, "Stealth" is not the "core ability", if it was, it would be called "invisible walk" or "shadow walk" or even "stealth walk", but of course name along is not the only thing to be take off, true, but see what wind walk did, lets read their lore:

So adept and agile are the blademasters that they can move so quickly that they appear to be invisible to the naked eye.
    The core of the ability is being adept and agile, to move quickly that they just appear to be invisible, from all of the talk of being fast and mobile, and the ability being called wind walk, you know, wind is fast, do you think the core ability is ""invisibility"?

Lets go for what the ability did at max lv:

Invisible, +70% Movement speed, 100 bonus damage
    The ability granted you an absurd bonus of 70% of movement speed, 100 bonus damage, and being invisbile, 2/3 of the core skill lies on being mobile and dealing a stronger attack, but you are saying the invisibility part is more important than the 70% movement speed, despite being what the ability is called and described

Put everything we learn about it, and add the fact that players who played orc in the RTs and went for blademaster, relly on their wind walk for the purposes of scouting and hitting and running for the movement speed the ability grants it?

are you rly sure "invisibility" is the core thing of wind walk and cannot change? despicted abilities like "avatar" who core thing was being a colossus immune to magic damage, changed anyway?

I for one, would not see a single problem of wind walking changing to pick up the namer and playstyle better, providing a speed bonus and even a damage bonus for an attack, it would be an excelent ability to replace heroic leap
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-05-06 at 10:59 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    You realy think that?

Dark rangers were in the same boat with bfa imo and with the hype of SL. Nothing happened. Besides Night warrior is melee balance druid that.

I dont think many cared for the whole Night warrior shit to begin with. If they make this a class they gonna get the boo's 100%.

"expanded" in a non-canon way, for a moba-like game, not a mmo-rpg, if it where, the abilities would be different, like i've being seing for days, but people are just too thick to understand that expanding the arms warrior to fit more, the blademaster is the way to go, instead of making a whole enw class, when we already have then just not fully represented.
    Adjustments can be made from MOBA to MMO (i.e. - the Demon Hunter).

those are accurate, not being totally or 100% accurate, for some characters,don't mean the whole system is invalid, this of course a fallacy of biased generalization. Just like they did right with other characters by example Death knights, why ywould you jump to conclusions beliving the case of Lantressor is the same of Nat pagle? when we already had many evidences leading us to believe that indeed blademasters are arms warriors? Lantressor is the living proof of that. Being among one of the iconic blademaster, having warriors skils and being tagged as an arms warriors how he is

I like how you ignore other cases, yet point out those that match yours.
    By the way, There's a Death Knight class. There's not much getting wrong there.

yeah, no, this is again, you assuming and projecting, just because i said "for gigles" don't imply "mockery", i said in the meaning to have fun, because is the purpose of the game, it don't need too do much, just do ilusions to distract.
    Everything is fun if you consider it so. Bladestorm? for fun. Critical Strike? for fun. class concepts? fun and giggles. There's nothing more subjective than this.

it was not the invisibility but the movement boost, please, try to play the rts for once
    You regard it so. Because you, or someone else, played it that way. In the end, invisibility was not for cosmetic purposes.

your claim literally goes againt the truth, when wild walk is used mostly for their mobility meaning,the boost of speed, if the ability didn't grant invisibility it would still be great and people would still keep using, thats how people use in the RTs, i literally linked you a video of orc playstyle there, im not going to repeat those things over and over until you decide nitpicking something else
    Again, how you view that. Don't you see the bias in that?
    You think that if you, and someone else, are having a great time from the speed bonus that it is an objective truth that applies to everyone. The matter of fact is that Blizzard put invisibility there for a reason. It is part of the ability's lore. "You become so fast that you appear invisible to the naked eye". They could have just said "you become fast".

You clearly do not, thats why im saying you are speaking nonsense, not having a "movement speed increase buff is one of the most nonsensical arguments you brought here, that is literally an Association fallacy, waow, you must rly like to win things, cause is the only reason why you go so hard on the foruns like that.

Your comment just show that warriors should get a buff like that too, wind walk being the perfect thing
    Are you saying that Warriors are as agile and quick as other agile classes (i.e. - Rogues and Demon Hunters)?
    Because the Japanese Samurai fantasy (in pop culture depictions) matches them more than the Warrior (with Rogues having a Ninja spec and Demon Hunters being based on Japanese demon slayers).

Ah yes, cherrypicking fallacy, feels good to just pick this "quote" and ignore everything else, and nowhere is said "trickery", is said guile, so you not just cherrypicking but doing wrong.
    Guile: deceive, duplicity.
    Mirror Image: create duplicates to deceive your opponent.
    How many times do we need to show it to you?

your outright unawareness of the class show that
    Speak for yourself. You just built this notion in your head that Blademasters use Charge, Heroic Leap and Intercept.

ah yes, because you trully know how the RTS blademaster played and how wow warrior played, except you show yourself as a person who don't.
    There's no need to know how to, optimally, play it. That's subjective. There's the unit, right there, with its 4 abilities, which you choose to ignore some of them and what they do.

Again, you attributing Charge, Heroic Leap and Intervene to Blademasters is what's wrong. They have never been attributed to them. In fact, leaping is more of the Barbarian/Mountain King, and Intervening more of a Varian thing. None of these were given to Samuro.

Ah yes, a true warrior player, honestly, im zero surprised that once again you have barely a clue of what you are speaking and are probably saying something just because other people said, you know little about warriors and by extension, little about blademasters, since they are the same

to think you are rly arguing that warriros are not a mobile class, therefore should not get those two skills, is hilarious
    Warriors are mobile. But, not Samurai mobile. Charge is something Highmountain Taurens do (far from a Samurai). Heroic Leap is something Barbarian/Mountain Kings do (far from a Samurai). Intercepting is something Human Warriors, probably, do (far from a Samurai).

Ah yes, two unrelated things brought together trying to make a point, another good use of false equivalence
    They do. Because summoning duplicates is deceiving (not honorable).

You can do that while you level up a warrior, play one for a bit, might help loose up that thinking of yours.
    Guerilla tactics are what Survival Hunters used in Legion's revamp (explosives, traps, and so on). Read about guerilla warfare.

Im trully amazed how you can have such double standarts, you first said it canc ahnge and nothing is sacred, then say it can't change, in the way i think , that is the hubris and vanity im talking about
    I guess you're not a native English speaker, because you keep misunderstanding.
    In-game WoW, such as NPCs, are not evidence of anything set in stone.
    Transition from MOBA/RTS to MMO can change (i.e. - Demon Hunter more ranged playstyle to a more melee one).
    Fundamental stuffs (like Metamorphosis transforming you into a Demon) cannot change, because that would change the essence of the class (like deciding it, suddenly, turns you into a unicorn, for example).
    Now, do you understand?

so, im just goign to talk about this, since appear is the core center of the problem and let the rest of your dreams alone. I will try to explaind etailed because this is probably my last response to you since you are already too dep into that.

first of all you are using the fallacy of circular logic , your conclusion is pressuposted from a premise based on the conclusion., you are concluding that the "stealth" part of wind walk cannot change(this is your conclusion) because "stealth" is the core ability or feature of wind walk(this is your premise)

But your premise is false, "Stealth" is not the "core ability", if it was, it would be called "invisible walk" or "shadow walk" or even "stealth walk", but of course name along is not the only thing to be take off, true, but see what wind walk did, lets read their lore:

The core of the ability is being adept and agile, to move quickly that they just appear to be invisible, from all of the talk of being fast and mobile, and the ability being called wind walk, you know, wind is fast, do you think the core ability is ""invisibility"?

Lets go for what the ability did at max lv:

The ability granted you an absurd bonus of 70% of movement speed, 100 bonus damage, and being invisbile, 2/3 of the core skill lies on being mobile and dealing a stronger attack, but you are saying the invisibility part is more important than the 70% movement speed, despite being what the ability is called and described

Put everything we learn about it, and add the fact that players who played orc in the RTs and went for blademaster, relly on their wind walk for the purposes of scouting and hitting and running for the movement speed the ability grants it?

are you rly sure "invisibility" is the core thing of wind walk and cannot change? despicted abilities like "avatar" who core thing was being a colossus immune to magic damage, changed anyway?

I for one, would not see a single problem of wind walking changing to pick up the namer and playstyle better, providing a speed bonus and even a damage bonus for an attack, it would be an excelent ability to replace heroic leap
    Again, my friend, you seem to be confused.
    Never have i claimed that the invisibility part is more important than the speed buff. Both are integral to the ability. Do you comprehend what i write down?
    What i said is the bonus damage after you leave Wind Walk is not crucial, since it is not mentioned in the lore of the ability.
    The name Wind Walk comes from the fact that you seem so light on your feet that you appear to be walking on wind.
    If this is your last reply to me then you ought to stop claiming wild claims on this thread. Otherwise, i'm obliged to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You realy think that?

Dark rangers were in the same boat with bfa imo and with the hype of SL. Nothing happened. Besides Night warrior is melee balance druid that.

I dont think many cared for the whole Night warrior shit to begin with. If they make this a class they gonna get the boo's 100%.
    That's why they're going to combine the two (probably with Warden, as well).
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-05-06 at 01:36 PM.

those are accurate, not being totally or 100% accurate, for some characters,don't mean the whole system is invalid,
    It is, though. Once a system is shown to be flawed, it is no longer reliable. If you find out your friend has lied to you about certain claims he made, would you still completely believe him purely on his word for any other claims he makes? I sure hope not. The system (WoD talbe) has been shown be flawed in the representation of certain characters, that puts a question mark above all the other claims the system makes (like Lantresor being an actual Arms warrior).

this of course a fallacy of biased generalization. Just like they did right with other characters by example Death knights, why ywould you jump to conclusions beliving the case of Lantressor is the same of Nat pagle? when we already had many evidences leading us to believe that indeed blademasters are arms warriors? Lantressor is the living proof of that. Being among one of the iconic blademaster, having warriors skils and being tagged as an arms warriors how he is
    We don't. And Lantresor isn't. Your reasoning is circular, here: "the WoD mission table says blademaster Lantresor is an arms warrior, and the WoD mission table is correct because Lantresor is shown as an arm warrior." It's also very dishonest of you when you talk about "all the evidence that blademasters are warriors" while at the same time completely ignoring the evidence on the contrary. Evidence like:
    • Blademasters having fire abilities;
    • Blademasters having wind walk and mirror image;
    • Blizzard having a long track record of reusing already existing abilities for NPCs when they are "close enough";
    • Blademaster lore and concept being in direct contradiction to the warrior concept. Blademasters are masters of stealth and deception.

Ah yes, they also called him a madman, but sorry the appeal to popular belief is a fallacy that is not goign to save this argument for you, no matter how many times you brought up
    Yes, true. The "appeal to popular belief" is a fallacy. But here's the kicker: it being a fallacy does not necessarily implies that the opposite is true (being alone in your beliefs means your belief is true). Also, I am willing to bet that Galileo Galilei did not just petulantly stomped the ground and refused to budge on his claims. I bet, like the smart man he is, he actually examined his own believes and redid most, if not all of his calculations to make sure he's correct. Any intelligent, smart, honest people would at least stop and reflect if what he's spouting is actually true when. Every. Single. Person that he speaks to is telling him he's wrong. So far, you have not demonstrated even a shadow of an inkling of being open to the possibility that you might possibly be wrong.

Nice way to trying to pervet things but you know that option is just for players, the toy, and to put literally on the arms spec pannel, when they could ahve put everything else, literally anything else instead of another representation of what a arms warrior is? come on, only a blind man cannot see it
    This is again another case of you dismissing evidence on the contrary. The rogue class image shows another leather-wearer wielding a staff. By your logic, it means rogues should be able to wield staves. The paladin one has a death knight in the picture. By your logic, that means paladins and death knights are one and the same.

Yes, it does mean you're mocking the ability and the concept. It means exactly that. What you're doing here is akin to someone saying "I'm no xenophobe! I just want these aliens to get the hell out of my country and stop stealing our jobs!"

It seems to me the one who didn't play RTS was you, if you think the invisibility was not the major part of the ability.

That's a dumb argument. Of course they would still use the ability. Just like they'd still use the Mountain King's Avatar ability even if it didn't grant spell immunity. They'd still use the DK's Animate dead even if it raised only one mob, or if the mobs resurrected weren't immune to damage for the duration of the spell. But that's not the point. The point is that the most iconic aspect of the ability is the invisibility.

You clearly do not, thats why im saying you are speaking nonsense,
    Says the guy who literally has no one on their side, here. Says the guy who everyone else is saying is wrong. Very amusing.

Says the guy who dismisses all evidence that goes against his narrative no matter how many times everyone repeats it to his face.

Mmhm. Yeah. Okay, mister Five Times Warcraft 3 World Champion.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Warrior#Arms

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-pvp-guide

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-w...-pve-dps-guide

https://pt.wowhead.com/arms-warrior-guide

https://www.wowhead.com/melee-dps-guide

You completely missed the point about this talk about mobility. We're talking about escape methods. The ability to escape battles. Because that is part of the blademaster concept: to evade and escape battle when the odds turn against them. All the mobility the warrior class has is about getting him INTO BATTLE, not out of it. Which is why Charge roots the enemy target while you use it. It's why Heroic Leap has a damage component. It's why Intervene gives the friendly player you dash to a damage reduction buff.

And once again, you dismiss evidence against your case without explaining why it's a "FaLsE eQuIvAleNcE". Again, having "personal honor" does not preclude one to be sneaky and engage in deception.

So you don't know anything about warriors, only what the texts say... which is more than we can say about your knowledge of guerrilla tactics...

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Now, you're getting it.
    The Havoc Demon Hunter demon form is based on Illidan's demon form aesthetic.
    And the vengeance DH is based off on Illidan as well. "Exact representation of graphics" is irrelevant as long as it is close enough.

All of them transform into an Illidan type of Demon Form. Never have the Vengeance one been portrayed.
    It doesn't matter. They represent Illidan almost to a 'T' in this case because they have all the important aspects one expects out of the demon hunters: they transform into demons, they have self-immolate, they wield warglaives, they are very quick and agile.

I didn't dismiss. I said i can't say anything about them. Never have i analysed them or tried to understand the reasoning behind their addition. What i can tell you, though, is that expansion classes have a clear pattern.
    You are dismissing them if you're talking exclusively about the expansion classes. As for your "clean pattern", that's just your own personal observations. I can also point out many "break of patterns" from expansion to expansion just regarding classes.

So, why mention that they considered the class for TBC (due to Illidan's being prominent), yet not mention they considered it for Wrath, as well?
    IIRC, they were talking about TBC, not Wrath?

I'm not talking about considerations here. I'm talking about actual additions. They all matched their expansions.
    It could very well be just a coincidence. Remember that the runemaster had nothing to do with the Wrath of the Lich King expansion's theme and story, and yet was one of the three runner-ups for the expansion's class choice.

That's what they have been doing. Open your eyes.
    Learn about correlations and causations.

Jesus christ. Learn to conclude stuff.
    I do know how to "conclude stuff". And to know how to "conclude stuff" also means knowing when the information we have is too vague and/or too little to make any conclusion out of them.

That is my method. Nothing personal about it. It's a robotic calculation, no emotional attachment.
    If it was truly "robotic, without emotional attachment", you'd see how your method is flawed because it depends purely and exclusively on your own personal tastes and conclusions, i.e., your "emotional attachments."

I advocate for them because i'm aware of Blizzard's conduct.
    No, you're not. You're stating your own opinions as fact, here, if you truly think you know Blizzard's design processes.

Wrong. We've seen that with the Lich and Dreadlord units, which have some of their abilities in the Death Knight. They still exist as NPC characters.
    You're making my point for me, here. The dreadlord concept (a demon) has not been "integrated" to the death knight. Only its abilities. That's like saying mages are nagas because they have mana shield.

Jokes aside. They said "when the time was right", not that they, suddenly, recalled about the existence of that class.
    It doesn't mean there's a "waiting list".

That wasn't why i linked them. You wanted proof that they have been integrated into the Death Knight (and Monk).
    No, that was not even close to my argument. It's about the claim that we need a WC3 unit to base WoW classes from otherwise they will not be implemented.

Are you joking?
    One's a Zombie, the other a Vampire. Two different undead creatures. I wonder how you reacted to allied races, then...
    If you want to nitpick, venthyr are neither vampire, nor undead. They just have a severe weakness to the light. They don't even drink blood.

It is a big part of their aesthetic (they are vampires, after all). Yet, if Blizzard managed to adjust undead characters, they can do so with Venthyr.
    They're not vampires. Or undead.

Never claimed it. It's for repairing.
    Arcane dependency, on the other hand, is. And, they managed to fix that.
    High/blood elves never required arcane to live.

Yes, you can see him using his powers against Maelthel in Diablo 3 cinematic.
    Is it his power, or his sword's power? Because every time Tyrael used his powers in mortal form, it came from the sword.

The point is, he remained a mortal and an Archangel at the same time.
    So, a mortal with the title of archangel?

They don't have to, but they need to if they are injured.
    Do you have a source for that? Honestly asking because it's a new one for me. I don't think I had ever heard that the only way for them to heal was to use the flesh of the living. I had always thought that lore wise they used alchemy and vile concoctions to heal up, but that just might be my own headcanon.

Thing is, Anima consumption of Venthyr is closer to Arcane consumption of Blood elves and Nightborne (hence, why they are so similar), and they found other sources.
    I personally don't have any issue with the Venthyr being playable. I think they would have to do some rather large lore bending action to make it work, but they've certainly done so before and I have a suspicion that this is the direction the expansion is going in anyway.

You are right.
    They broke our expectations with 2 original races being added every other expansion.
    They can do so with classes. Yet, until they do i'm inclined to use whatever is available for prediction.
    My take is that the human mind is always looking for patterns and we tend to latch onto them when we see them. It's a natural thing. And bringing them up in debates like this does make sense. There may be kernels of truth in them. Where I think some posters (not saying you're one of them) make a mistake is in treating these patterns as a hard and fast rule.

The same goes for taking a Blizzard quote and using it as a hard rule. For example, we all saw them say that they didn't add a new class in Shadowlands because they didn't feel any fit the theme. This has been extrapolated to mean that this has always been the way they've handled class design, which is impossible to know especially since the team and the leadership has changed multiple times over the years. And that it will always be the way they handle adding new classes, since things can change at any point.

I think the danger comes when treating anything as an absolute, or pretending that these items create a 'fact'. Treating a personal conclusion as a hard fact is exactly what's going on with the Blademaster discussion right now, and it highlights how one person can reach a conclusion with nothing but their own bias as evidence, and utterly derail an entire conversation.

It's a very low effort major feature which they can literally make an expansion around so knowing blizzard because they always go for the low hanging fruit that's probably going to be the next major feature in an expansion, they know there's a lot of people who would like to play a tank or healer but have mained let's say a hunter for years I don't want to put that much time into a character if they're not seeing as their number one pick or their favorite. So essentially in doing this it would open up many more people to other roles they may not consider, and a small percentage will clearly pick pure DPS matchups but that's going to happen regardless and some people will pick hybrid matchups and that's fine. The power of having two classes for the character you love the most would be a game changer for a WoW, then they could also balance things a little bit looser and a wouldn't hurt people across the board as much because they'd have multiple class options, it always have something to turn to if something in one class wasn't working so well right at the moment. It kind of lets them cover their asses.
    I just want them to have a split class talent system

Are you a warrior rogue?? Fan of swords
    Are you a warrior paladin?? Sacred weapon

And the vengeance DH is based off on Illidan as well. "Exact representation of graphics" is irrelevant as long as it is close enough.
    How so?
    it lacks wings, Hooves and Ram horns.

It doesn't matter. They represent Illidan almost to a 'T' in this case because they have all the important aspects one expects out of the demon hunters: they transform into demons, they have self-immolate, they wield warglaives, they are very quick and agile.
    And are all Havoc Demon Hunters.

You are dismissing them if you're talking exclusively about the expansion classes. As for your "clean pattern", that's just your own personal observations. I can also point out many "break of patterns" from expansion to expansion just regarding classes.
    Go ahead. Tell me how they broke the pattern. Until they do so, and add a non-Warcraft 3 Hero unit class, that's when my method would be invalid.

IIRC, they were talking about TBC, not Wrath?
    *Facepalm*

They were talking about the addition of the Demon Hunter in Legion, in retrospective. They should have mentioned Wrath, as well.

It could very well be just a coincidence. Remember that the runemaster had nothing to do with the Wrath of the Lich King expansion's theme and story, and yet was one of the three runner-ups for the expansion's class choice.
    Yeah, "coincidence" -_-
    Maybe, it is why it lost?

Learn about correlations and causations.
    Yeah...Yeah...
    You've got a better explanation?

I do know how to "conclude stuff". And to know how to "conclude stuff" also means knowing when the information we have is too vague and/or too little to make any conclusion out of them.
    I have to grasp it. Otherwise, it would slip from my hands.

If it was truly "robotic, without emotional attachment", you'd see how your method is flawed because it depends purely and exclusively on your own personal tastes and conclusions, i.e., your "emotional attachments."
    How so?
    Is it because i want WC3 Heroes very badly?
    If there was another pattern, i'd stick to that. Nothing personal about WC3.

No, you're not. You're stating your own opinions as fact, here, if you truly think you know Blizzard's design processes.
    As fact? no. I admit i could be wrong, like many other things. Yet, unlike the others here, who choose classes based on their personal preferences, i point out the likely scenario.

You're making my point for me, here. The dreadlord concept (a demon) has not been "integrated" to the death knight. Only its abilities. That's like saying mages are nagas because they have mana shield.
    Abilities are part of a concept (i.e. - vampirism). Why do you think only part of the Runemaster was integrated into the Death Knight (not martial arts)?

It doesn't mean there's a "waiting list".
    For the Demon Hunter, there certainly was.

No, that was not even close to my argument. It's about the claim that we need a WC3 unit to base WoW classes from otherwise they will not be implemented.
    *Hero unit.
    So, why did you ask for a source?

If you want to nitpick, venthyr are neither vampire, nor undead. They just have a severe weakness to the light. They don't even drink blood.
    You've got to be, really, ignorant to think Venthyr aren't based on vampires.
    Vampires are undead creatures.
    Vampires burn in the sun.
    Venthyr drink red anima.

They're not vampires. Or undead.
    *Biggest facepalm i've ever had*

Venthyr are one of the Warcraft iterations of Vampires.

High/blood elves never required arcane to live.
    It would make them into wretches.
    And Nightborne, remember Runas? the guy who died at the end from the lack of Arcane sources?

Is it his power, or his sword's power? Because every time Tyrael used his powers in mortal form, it came from the sword.
    We'd have to ask a Diablo fan.
    Anyway, he was still an Archangel and a mortal.

So, a mortal with the title of archangel?
    I don't know.
    Anyway, you can be one in-game, as a mortal, through the Priest's Archangel talent. So, it's not reserved to Shadowlands creatures only.

Do you have a source for that? Honestly asking because it's a new one for me. I don't think I had ever heard that the only way for them to heal was to use the flesh of the living. I had always thought that lore wise they used alchemy and vile concoctions to heal up, but that just might be my own headcanon.
    "Aside from magical potions, Forsaken can "heal" themselves in numerous ways. To name a few, they can replace their body parts by harvesting and sewing on the body parts of others, eat other humanoids and undead, and drain the life force of others. When the Holy Light is used with the intention to heal a Forsaken, it is immensely painful, yet effective. The Forsaken restoration process requires the stitching or grafting of new sinew, muscle and skin to repair their bodies; and since the Forsaken body does not naturally heal itself, it is the predominant method of keeping Forsaken bodies functional. It should also be noted that a Forsaken's body, or the parts of the body they've grafted onto it, may only be preserved in the same condition as it was found when deceased. Since Forsaken bodies can't grow new muscles, a body part of a new Forsaken will never naturally grow stronger and thus will only improve if one replaces the unsatisfactory body part with another one containing more muscles. The downside to Forsaken undeath is their bodies are henceforth fragile to injury or rot and may require constant body part transplants to maintain. As such, Forsaken generally do not applaud or stamp their feet, as it prematurely wears out their limbs; clapping, in particular, is terrible for their hands."

I personally don't have any issue with the Venthyr being playable. I think they would have to do some rather large lore bending action to make it work, but they've certainly done so before and I have a suspicion that this is the direction the expansion is going in anyway.
    Some people here can't see it.

My take is that the human mind is always looking for patterns and we tend to latch onto them when we see them. It's a natural thing. And bringing them up in debates like this does make sense. There may be kernels of truth in them. Where I think some posters (not saying you're one of them) make a mistake is in treating these patterns as a hard and fast rule.

The same goes for taking a Blizzard quote and using it as a hard rule. For example, we all saw them say that they didn't add a new class in Shadowlands because they didn't feel any fit the theme. This has been extrapolated to mean that this has always been the way they've handled class design, which is impossible to know especially since the team and the leadership has changed multiple times over the years. And that it will always be the way they handle adding new classes, since things can change at any point.

I think the danger comes when treating anything as an absolute, or pretending that these items create a 'fact'. Treating a personal conclusion as a hard fact is exactly what's going on with the Blademaster discussion right now, and it highlights how one person can reach a conclusion with nothing but their own bias as evidence, and utterly derail an entire conversation.
    You're right.
    I'm not claiming i'm 100% right.
    Heck, i was wrong trying to predict the expansion after BFA, using a prediction method based on a pattern i found in Cinematic Trailers and last Raids of expansions. Yet, i believe i'm still right to some degree (thought it was gonna be Light/Void, turned out to be Death).
    The thing is, those are the best tools i've got right now, so i don't see anything wrong with using them.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-05-06 at 08:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    If you just came out here and said, okay, guys, I personally think arms is a blademaster, but I appreciate you guys see a blademaster as being something incredibly specific,.
    yeah, im not going to say that, that would make me wrong like you guys, Warriors are the wow blademasters, they just need the rest of the skills, cause everything else they already have

Like i said many times, Hots is a MOBA it plays different than a MMO, is impossible to be the same

I guess you're not a native English speaker, because you keep misunderstanding.
    In-game WoW, such as NPCs, are not evidence of anything set in stone.
    Transition from MOBA/RTS to MMO can change (i.e. - Demon Hunter more ranged playstyle to a more melee one).
    Fundamental stuffs (like Metamorphosis transforming you into a Demon) cannot change, because that would change the essence of the class (like deciding it, suddenly, turns you into a unicorn, for example).
    Now, do you understand?
    the fundamental stuff of windwalk is not being invisible, stop saying that, is literally the movement speed. stop saying nonsenses

If this is your last reply to me then you ought to stop claiming wild claims on this thread. Otherwise, i'm obliged to reply.
    pot meet kettle

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I just want them to have a split class talent system

Are you a warrior rogue?? Fan of swords
    Are you a warrior paladin?? Sacred weapon
    No it just work like being able to swap through the specs at will but you'd have to swap to that class with its own separate specs they can't have a balancing nightmare like that.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel