10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    How so?
    it lacks wings, Hooves and Ram horns.
    It lacks horns?

Also, it lacks wings? No, it has wings. Transform into a demon, as a vengance DH, and tap on the jump button three times, and you'll see your wings.

And are all Havoc Demon Hunters.
    And vengeance demon hunters, too. Especially when you remember that Immolation was a vengeance-only ability in the beginning.

Go ahead. Tell me how they broke the pattern. Until they do so, and add a non-Warcraft 3 Hero unit class, that's when my method would be invalid.
    Here's two:
    • DK and monk are open to a wide variety of races. DH is not. Pattern broken.
    • DK and monk have three specs. DH has two. Pattern broken.

Yeah, "coincidence" -_-
    Maybe, it is why it lost?
    That is almost certainly not the reason it happened, because of one reason, and one reason only: it was in the list of "top three" class ideas. If "must have WC3 hero" was anywhere near a requirement, the runemaster would not even make it to the list, in the first place.

Yeah...Yeah...
    You've got a better explanation?
    What you're doing there is the "argument from ignorance" fallacy: you're saying "I can't think of any other explanation, therefore this explanation must be true." Just because the other party says "I don't know" (which, is my answer, here) does not automatically make your explanation true.

I have to grasp it. Otherwise, it would slip from my hands.
    This is basically an admittance that you're grasping at straws. It's fine if "slips from your hands" if you don't know how it works.

How so?
    Is it because i want WC3 Heroes very badly?
    If there was another pattern, i'd stick to that. Nothing personal about WC3.
    Because you don't see how you're refusing to observe the other side. You're not considering the evidence put forth, you're just arguing for your side.

As fact? no. I admit i could be wrong, like many other things.
    Then why do you insist that this "waiting list" exists as a fact, then?

Yet, unlike the others here, who choose classes based on their personal preferences, i point out the likely scenario.
    Really? Because I don't care if a dark ranger or blademaster class is added to the game. I have my own two preferences, which I think are made very clear every time I post, here. And yet I'm arguing for the blademaster and dark ranger because I see the potential and possibilities. So your "you're arguing out of personal preference" argument goes right down the drain.

Abilities are part of a concept (i.e. - vampirism). Why do you think only part of the Runemaster was integrated into the Death Knight (not martial arts)?
    You're mistaken a piece for the whole. Blizzard did not put the "demon concept" (i.e. the dreadlord) into the death knight class. They just gave the class blood magic inspired on what the dreadlord could do in WC3. There is a difference.

For the Demon Hunter, there certainly was.
    Not really. We can't prove it either way.

*Hero unit.
    So, why did you ask for a source?
    Because of this statement of yours:
    Again, disregarding reality. In the end, it lost. Just like the Necromancer, and was integrated into not one, but two classes. Ask yourself this: why everything that eventually makes it into the game is based on a Warcraft 3 Hero (and not a unit or an RPG concept).
    ]
    Which you then claimed "it is backed up by a Blizzard statement", hence me asking for a source.

You've got to be, really, ignorant to think Venthyr aren't based on vampires.
    Vampires are undead creatures.
    Vampires burn in the sun.
    Venthyr drink red anima.

*Biggest facepalm i've ever had*

Venthyr are one of the Warcraft iterations of Vampires.
    They're not, though. They may have been inspired in the vampire concept, but they're not vampires:
    • the venthyr's existence is not a blood curse;
    • the venthyr do not "reproduce" by biting people;
    • the venthyr do not drink blood;
    • the venthyr are not undead.

On the other hand, the san'layn are actually Warcraft's iteration of the vampire concept.

It would make them into wretches.
    Go read on Wretched. It is the abuse of arcane that turned high/blood elves into wretches, not the lack of it.

And Nightborne, remember Runas? the guy who died at the end from the lack of Arcane sources?
    He didn't die. They become withered. But I'll concede this point.

We'd have to ask a Diablo fan.
    Anyway, he was still an Archangel and a mortal.
    We don't have to. It's all the sword. It's the power within the sword. And no, Tyrael becomes an archangel in name only at the end of Diablo 3.

I don't know.
    Anyway, you can be one in-game, as a mortal, through the Priest's Archangel talent. So, it's not reserved to Shadowlands creatures only.
    Except you don't turn into an actual archangel, though. It's just the name of the PvP talents that boost the atonement ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, im not going to say that, that would make me wrong like you guys,
    Having an opinion different than yours is "being wrong"?

Warriors are the wow blademasters,
    In your personal opinion. Please don't state it like it is fact... because it is not.

the fundamental stuff of windwalk is not being invisible,
    Yes, it is.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It is, though. Once a system is shown to be flawed, it is no longer reliable.
    Of course in your opinion, just like medicines and treatment, they are not reliable because sometimes don't work , what a great bullshit logic

We don't. And Lantresor isn't. Your reasoning is circular, here: "the WoD mission table says blademaster Lantresor is an arms warrior, and the WoD mission table is correct because Lantresor is shown as an arm warrior."
    I commend you for trying to use something i said earlier against me, but just show how desperate you are, the thing is, im not using the table as the conclusion, i am just saying is one of the evidences that supports the truth of blademasters being warriors, and since you are attacking so desperatly one point in specific by your nittpicking nature you just get blind to the rest

Yes, true. The "appeal to popular belief" is a fallacy. But here's the kicker: it being a fallacy does not necessarily implies that the opposite is true
    If your point was vallid or even ture, you would not resort to fallacies, and if i was a madmam, ignoring was just the way to go, but you just here to discuss nonsense because ims aying something you don't want to belief is true

This is again another case of you dismissing evidence on the contrary. The rogue class image shows another leather-wearer wielding a staff. By your logic, it means rogues should be able to wield staves. The paladin one has a death knight in the picture. By your logic, that means paladins and death knights are one and the same.
    never a rogue was presented as a "staff wielder" but warriros are show to be blademasters and vice versa, in the entire wow lifetime, they could ahve choosed literally a warrior wielding a staff, but they didn't, like i siad, you comparisons just never work
    Yes, it does mean you're mocking the ability and the concept
    Stop projecting and red hering, you think saying shit like that will improve what you say after you show yourself having no horse on this race?
    It seems to me the one who didn't play RTS was you, if you think the invisibility was not the major part of the ability.

>literally sho a video where the maor part of the ability was the mobility the ability provided with bonus speed

"iT wAs ThE iNvIsIbIlItY"

let me guess, you played the RTS like you played the mmo, not playing orcs like you didn't play warriors at all? totally offtopic, but you sounds a night elf and/or human player so explain why you didn't understand orcs
    Says the guy who literally has no one on their side, here. Says the guy who everyone else is saying is wrong. Very amusing.
    once again, appeal to popular belief, can't you do anything without restorting to fallacies

Mmhm. Yeah. Okay, mister Five Times Warcraft 3 World Champion.
    I literally show you a video of a world champion,
    You completely missed the point about this talk about mobility. We're talking about escape methods.
    no, you completely missed the point and showed yourself as a liar, since you do not play warrior and you said they are the less mobile class of the game, literally going against the truth,there is noe scape on that, you "opinion" shows, once again, to be wrong

Even by you backpedaling about "escape" methods is hilarious because heroic leap is literally an useful ability used to escape, the ones who never used to escape in a BG never played warrior at all, which is you.

Yes, it is.
    In your personal opinion. Please don't state it like it is fact... because it is not.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-05-06 at 09:35 PM.

the fundamental stuff of windwalk is not being invisible, stop saying that, is literally the movement speed. stop saying nonsenses
    If it was just movement speed then we wouldn't be pointing out that Warriors lack the stealth and invisibility mechanics that Blademasters in WC3 have.

Whether it's fundamental to the Windwalk spell is not the main point. It's that it's fundamental to the identity of the Blademaster of WC3. If we're talking about translating the fantasy and themes of a Blademaster from an RTS into WoW, then the equivalent mechanics are Stealth or Invisibility. You're not addressing the fantasy at all by disregarding the invisibility aspect as though it's not worth implementing. You're just dismissing the WC3 Blademaster's themes.

Same applies to Mirror Image; it's a mystical ability that creates illusions of the player. Mages already have this ability, so we know the mechanic can be translated fine, and even be given the ability to have the illusions deal actual damage. This is a proper translation of RTS mechanics into WoW. This is something the Warrior class lacks.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-05-06 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course in your opinion, just like medicines and treatment, they are not reliable because sometimes don't work , what a great bullshit logic
    That is not even comparable. And here I will do something you have yet to do in all your posts, i.e., explain my reasoning: it's not comparable because with medicines and treatment, researchers actually and actively try to figure out why those medications and treatments did not work on certain people. And guess what happens next? If they find out why they don't work, they explain to the public why, and put safety labels on those medications and treatments. But if they cannot find what is causing those treatments and medications to not work? They are deemed unsafe and are no longer used. And with the WoD follower table? We cannot investigate why and how those discrepancies exist. Therefore? We should consider the WoD follower table unreliable. You can't just discard the misses and count only the hits.

I commend you for trying to use something i said earlier against me, but just show how desperate you are, the thing is, im not using the table as the conclusion, i am just saying is one of the evidences that supports the truth of blademasters being warriors, and since you are attacking so desperatly one point in specific by your nittpicking nature you just get blind to the rest
    The WoD follower table is the only thing in WoW that classifies Lantresor as an "arms warrior". Nothing else in the game we see anything like that. The Legion class preview image? It's just a player warrior fighting a blademaster. It's not a statement that blademasters are warriors, just like the Legion class preview image for rogues doesn't mean rogues can wield staves, or that paladins are death knights.

If your point was vallid or even ture, you would not resort to fallacies,
    Except I'm not appealing to fallacies. You're using "argumentum ad populum" wrong. That fallacy states that a proposition is true because it's widely believed. And this isn't the case, here. We're not saying that our position is true. We're saying yours is wrong, because of one simple issue: you're repeatedly stating your opinions as facts, and everyone else is telling you that what you're doing (i.e., stating your opinions as facts) is wrong.

and if i was a madmam, ignoring was just the way to go, but you just here to discuss nonsense because ims aying something you don't want to belief is true
    All you've done is state your opinion as facts, here. This isn't anymore about "what I want to believe", it's about trying to explain to you that your opinion is not fact. It's just your opinion.

never a rogue was presented as a "staff wielder"
    There is literally a character wielding a staff in the Legion class preview image for Rogues, which I linked. By your logic (since your argument was "blademaster in warrior picture means blademaster = warrior) that means rogues can wield staves.

but warriros are show to be blademasters and vice versa, in the entire wow lifetime,
    Only once, and that one time was the WoD mission table. Which has been demonstrated to be flawed.

Stop projecting and red hering, you think saying shit like that will improve what you say after you show yourself having no horse on this race?
    I'm not projecting, here. Those were your exact words.

once again, appeal to popular belief, can't you do anything without restorting to fallacies
    Your entire posts are nothing but fallacies, since you just can't stop posting your personal opinions and subjective interpretations as facts.

no, you completely missed the point and showed yourself as a liar, since you do not play warrior
    Dude. I never lied. Stop with the personal attacks.

and you said they are the less mobile class of the game, literally going against the truth,
    List the movement speed abilities that the warrior class has. Go.

Even by you backpedaling about "escape" methods is hilarious
    The entire conversation has been about how Wind Walk's invisibility and movement is speed is used to escape tough situations.

because heroic leap is literally an useful ability used to escape,
    But that is not the intention behind the ability. Again, it has a damage component. Hard to 'escape' when you aggro'ing everything around where you land.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-05-06 at 10:22 PM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be bad, imbalanced and likely take thigs away from a class that already exists because the current development team doesn't know how to develop fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    No it just work like being able to swap through the specs at will but you'd have to swap to that class with its own separate specs they can't have a balancing nightmare like that.
    no no no what i mean is much like RoM multiclass system where so many levels you get a unique talent
    for example the knight/mage got consecration as the early talent gained

now if they just do it where "oh you are now a rogue warrior and can swap between all specs" thats just...boring

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    no no no what i mean is much like RoM multiclass system where so many levels you get a unique talent
    for example the knight/mage got consecration as the early talent gained

now if they just do it where "oh you are now a rogue warrior and can swap between all specs" thats just...boring
    Ya but it is a safe addition, Blizzard doesn't take great chances, and when they do they create a broken system they always try and fix but fail lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

7+ Year Old Account
    That is not even comparable.
    its not comparable because you don't want then to be i assume, like i said, everytime you dismiss something that does not goes the way you like and nittpick the others

All you've done is state your opinion as facts, here.
    Says the guy who affirm warriors are the less mobile class in the game and other nonsenses, sure
    There is literally a character wielding a staff in the Legion class preview image for Rogues
    And in never in wow story rogues are depicted as staff wielders, but warriors are depicted as blademasters across wow lifetime, of course, you are doing the most absurd correlation trying to hand wave the truth, that blizzard could have done anything else to put there, they could have done a staff wielder, a dagger wielder, a priest or anything else, and they deliberated chose to put a blademaster using the burning blade toy in the arms warrior section.

Your entire posts are nothing but fallacies
    I said this before, on you, you are just trying to do a "no u" thing?

Dude. I never lied. Stop with the personal attacks.

List the movement speed abilities that the warrior class has. Go.
    you said you played warrior, and yet, you said warriors have no mobility and among the melee classes they have the worst mobility

this is literally your words:

Warriors don't have mobility. Of all the melee classes, they have the worst mobility. Even considering all the other classes.
    there is no such thing to talk about ""speed abilities" but mobility and how by being a high mobile class, they can yes, gain wind walk, don't try to backpedal this one, it would be prettier to just assume

But that is not the intention behind the ability. Again, it has a damage component. Hard to 'escape' when you aggro'ing everything around where you land.
    Lmao, now you work on blizzard to say what the "intention of ability", going literally against the people who make those guides, the damage is little to make no difference in the DPS is literally an ability to escape and go away or engage combat just like windwalk.

And This is even funnier, cause hear me out, you are so over focused on nitpicking this that you failed completely to realize that windwalk is an ability that deals bonus damage when you hit someone while in the ability, meaning by your logic, is not an escape ability, but an engage one, to go to the enemy super fast and deal him bonus damage then start attacking him normally. Just like Heroic leap, but instead of jumping to the target, you would run fast towards him and attack.

Meaning, my proposition early, to design windwalk as a talent ability to replace heroic leap is just amazing and completely make sense witht he flavor and thematic of warrior.

But hey, like a madmani can see the future, i bet you are going to say "leaping" to the target and "running" to target, are totally different concepts, like the sun and moon, and just cannot be related at all, theya re totally different "thematics and flavors", and this cannot be done because is "nonsense"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    If it was just movement speed then we wouldn't be pointing out that Warriors lack the stealth and invisibility mechanics that Blademasters in WC3 have.
    the ability did 3 things and it was more important by the movement boost, the invisible and damage are nice but is not the core concept neither the main feature on the ability, already pointed in my other response.
    Whether it's fundamental to the Windwalk spell is not the main point. It's that it's fundamental to the identity of the Blademaster of WC3.
    I mean, still is tiresome how you guys want to decide what is important or not, but even that if we talk about the "fundamental identity" still is not the invisibility but the movement, it is how is stated in the lore, in the description of the ability and how people used then in the game/pvp

Like i said, wind walk could totally substitute heroic leap, instead of a jump, he would have a quickly boost of sprint that deals bonus damage when the warrior hit the target, with the heroic leap cd and in a short time of invisibility/invulnerability or blur/evasion, it will make the warrior feel even more like a blademaster in combat, going back and forth fast to kill enemies, just like they did in the RTS

Not sneaking and stealthing like a rogue, because that is not how they played in the RTS

10+ Year Old Account
    its not comparable because you don't want then to be i assume,
    Why do you feel the need to assume when I literally explained my reasoning in that exact same paragraph!?

Says the guy who affirm warriors are the less mobile class in the game and other nonsenses, sure
    I base my opinion on the fact warriors are the only class without a movement speed buff ability.

And in never in wow story rogues are depicted as staff wielders, but warriors are depicted as blademasters across wow lifetime,
    They haven't. You're just making an assumption on shaky evidence. The WoD mission table? Flawed. The warrior picture? Flawed.

of course, you are doing the most absurd correlation trying to hand wave the truth, that blizzard could have done anything else to put there, they could have done a staff wielder, a dagger wielder, a priest or anything else, and they deliberated chose to put a blademaster using the burning blade toy in the arms warrior section.
    Or it could just be a coincidence. Simple as that.

I said this before, on you, you are just trying to do a "no u" thing?
    Dude, I'm literally explaining things to you.

you said you played warrior, and yet, you said warriors have no mobility and among the melee classes they have the worst mobility

this is literally your words:

there is no such thing to talk about ""speed abilities" but mobility and how by being a high mobile class, they can yes, gain wind walk, don't try to backpedal this one, it would be prettier to just assume
    You're completely ignoring the context of our conversation here. We're talking about speed abilities used to escape combat.

Lmao, now you work on blizzard to say what the "intention of ability", going literally against the people who make those guides, the damage is little to make no difference in the DPS is literally an ability to escape and go away or engage combat just like windwalk.
    Look at how the warrior abilities are designed. Everything in warrior kit is designed to either GET you into combat, or KEEP you in combat. Nothing in their kit is designed to get the warrior out of combat.

And This is even funnier, cause hear me out, you are so over focused on nitpicking this that you failed completely to realize that windwalk is an ability that deals bonus damage when you hit someone while in the ability, meaning by your logic, is not an escape ability, but an engage one, to go to the enemy super fast and deal him bonus damage then start attacking him normally. Just like Heroic leap, but instead of jumping to the target, you would run fast towards him and attack.
    Because it's that how sneaky, stealthy characters do: they attack you from the shadows on a surprise attack. But the entire concept of the blademaster, as it is written in the lore (which you quoted, I'll remind you) is that they are masters of stealth and deceit. They're the hit-and-run type. I mean, check out what Blizzard themselves said about the blademaster:

Use Wind Walk to get away when the Blademaster is about to die. Use Wind Walk to scout the map without being attacked. You can walk into an enemy town, look around, then leave.
    • Use Wind Walk to sneak into an enemy town or upon stopped collections of enemy units and do a Bladestorm.
    • Wind Walk can be used for soloing Creeps at the start of the game. A cool trick is to run into a group of Creeps, kill the leader to get the best items, grab the items, then go invisible using Wind Walk.
    The Blademaster can use Wind Walk early in the game to use Fountains of Health, Fountains of Mana, or other Neutral buildings while they are still being defended by Creeps.
    The Blademaster can wake up a bunch of Creeps, and then lead them to the enemy. The Blademaster can then use Wind Walk to become invisible giving the Creeps a new target, that enemy player.
    • Because Hero Speed is capped at 400, the Blademaster is not able to advance beyond 400 speed. 400 is reached with Level 2 Wind Walk. The Blademaster's speed does not increase after level 2. The main benefit of reaching level 3 is for the longer duration.
    • Wind Walk can be used to walk through units.

This is a popular strategy where players use a Blademaster to do hit-and-run attacks. This strategy is easily beaten with many abilities or items including Dust of Appearance (Night Elf Shop), Dark Ranger's Silence (to prevent Wind Walk), Priestess of the Moon's Scout ability, and other abilities that reveal invisible units. In team games Dust is the easiest.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're completely ignoring the context of our conversation here. We're talking about speed abilities used to escape combat.
    Nope, you are backpedaling, we are talking about mobility, and you said they don't have it, at all, don't try to distort things midway trough.

Look at how the warrior abilities are designed. Everything in warrior kit is designed to either GET you into combat, or KEEP you in combat. Nothing in their kit is designed to get the warrior out of combat.
    So you are going against what the pro-players/guide writers have said about the class gameplay, yep, must be their opinions as well.

Tell me where is explicitly said those abilities are designed to ONLY "get you in to combat and keep it" and not "escape when necessary" show me, i dare you

You, as a non warrior player, are again assuming things and trying to pass out your opinion as a fact(after acusing me of doing that), when we literally have evidence showing you wrong, heroic leap is for engage and escape purposes, if it was not, you would not be able to use in the middle of combat you know, like rogue normal stealth is not
    Because it's that how sneaky, stealthy characters do: they attack you from the shadows on a surprise attack.
    And then run away and not in a battlefield, i mean, it is the class rogue-ish thing no? sneaking into someone else room...assassinations, thefts, things like that, did you hear much rogues in a battlefield? what is the place of the rogue and the blademaster in a war? are you going to tell me they share the same spot? Blademasters "theme and fantasy" is like a rogue, sneaking into places or or in the heat of the battle like a true warrior he is? that is their "concept in lore" that people like to ignore

thats how Blademasters do, they are fast, they get the target and keep fighting

wind walk is not a all time invisibility like rogues and druids ones, is not a stealth for that purposes, is literally going fast to engage

But the entire concept of the blademaster, as it is written in the lore (which you quoted, I'll remind you) is that they are masters of stealth and deceit. They're the hit-and-run type. I mean, check out what Blizzard themselves said about the blademaster:
    You are making up, deceit is not in the quote it was GUILE = cunning

It is adorable that you are bringing up "blizzard themselves" as an attempt to appeal to authority, cause obviou bllzizard is "higher in the herarchy"(its funny, if blizzard put the blademaster as arms warrior they are not reliable anymore...but suddenly here they are) but like i said, try to play yourself in a serious match, and see how you are going to succed in doing that, but i bet you will, since you do not use heroic leap to escape cause "it is designed to engage"

Like, literally those things just further prove my point, wind walk like heroic leap are used to get away when you are about to die, any warrior do that. if you never pulled a bunch of elite creeps, charge to an enemy and heroic leap away letting then deal with the shit you never played a warrior before

Hit-and-run tactics is what warriors do in BGs by all the time harassing camps or getting flags, My god dude

Like i said, wind walk could totally substitute heroic leap, instead of a jump, he would have a quickly boost of sprint that deals bonus damage when the warrior hit the target, with the heroic leap cd and in a short time of invisibility/invulnerability or blur/evasion, it will make the warrior feel even more like a blademaster in combat, going back and forth fast to kill enemies, just like they did in the RTS

Not sneaking and stealthing like a rogue, because that is not how they played in the RTS
    Blademasters in WC3 sneak around like a rogue all the time. Windwalk's invisibility was used for scouting and stealing items from other heroes when they creep.

It's a bit surprising that you link Grubby's videos but have nothing to say of how the invisibility is actually used to perform kill steals, item steals and hero ganks all things that are more rogue like than warrior.

You say the movement speed is more important. You say the invisibility is not important. Well, I consider your argument dishonest and in bad faith then, since you're intentionally twisting facts to dismiss the importance of stealth to the WC3 Blademaster.

There are very few heroes that can move around in stealth in the game, of which the Blademaster is the only one who has it accessible from the start of the game as an ability and without the requirement of day/night cycle. No other hero can move while invisible without the use of items or other unit abilities. As a class feature, stealth is unique to the Blademaster. That is very class defining, and you're treating it like it's a secondary stat.

To dismiss stealth is to be dishonest about the WC3 Blademaster concept. You can absolutely make your argument about it not being how they were played, and I'd call you out on it for being a liar considering a WC3 Blademaster without the invisibility would be a very different hero. There is a reason why Mirror Image and Crit Strike are never taken first pick, and its not because Windwalk has movement speed.

The Windwalk ability is in the game, and on some Blademaster NPCs. It has a stealth/invisibility component to it. Whatever Movement speed ability you're trying to suggest is fine as a new ability, but it is nothing closer to a Blademaster's identity and people will still be asking for Windwalk or a stealth component regardless. You haven't addressed the argument here, that the theme and fantasy of the WC3 Blademaster is not represented in WoW. You're just adding an ability that you think is important, but everyone else has told you has nothing to do with the WC3 Blademaster's themes.

It's as dumb as someone suggesting that Rogues represent Demon Hunters instead of a new class, so they should be given a Shadow form that looks like and functions like Demon Form, but isn't an actual demon because it overlaps too much with Warlocks theme. A Shadow form would be fine as a new Rogue ability, but there's nothing Demon Hunter related about them having that. Demon Hunters have the theme of turning into Demons, and you can't substitute that with 'it functions just like Demon Form'.

You're suggesting substitutes, which I can see is your attempt to reach a common ground, but the problem is you're using half-measures that satisfy no one rather than finding a solution that addresses the issues on both sides. Your suggestion doesn't address the Warcraft 3 Blademaster's ability to use invisibility. I have no problem with Warriors getting a movement speed ability, but this really has nothing to do with the Windwalk ability and the Blademaster being able to pass undetected. It's a threat drop/escape mechanic.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-05-07 at 04:26 PM.

yeah, im not going to say that, that would make me wrong like you guys, Warriors are the wow blademasters, they just need the rest of the skills, cause everything else they already have

Like i said many times, Hots is a MOBA it plays different than a MMO, is impossible to be the same
    "Warlocks are the Demon Hunters of WoW. They just need the rest of the skills" - that's how you sound like.

It doesn't need to be the same. It is used as a source of inspiration.

the fundamental stuff of windwalk is not being invisible, stop saying that, is literally the movement speed. stop saying nonsenses
    "So adept and agile are the blademasters that they can move so quickly that they appear to be invisible to the naked eye." - both are.
    Again, you distort what i say.

It lacks horns?

Also, it lacks wings? No, it has wings. Transform into a demon, as a vengance DH, and tap on the jump button three times, and you'll see your wings.
    Ibex horns (forward facing and half-circular).
    Glide is a not part of the model, it is a general ability of the Demon Hunter. Can you provide a picture, though? that would look hella weird.

And vengeance demon hunters, too. Especially when you remember that Immolation was a vengeance-only ability in the beginning.
    Would you consider Windwalker Monk based on the Brewmaster, and not an original spec, since it has "Storm, Earth and Fire" and the Brewmaster don't?

Here's two:
    • DK and monk are open to a wide variety of races. DH is not. Pattern broken.
    • DK and monk have three specs. DH has two. Pattern broken.
    *Thumbs up*
    They can add more Demon Hunter races in the future, as we've argued about in that Demon Hunter races thread.
    They can add a third, ranged spellcaster, spec to Demon Hunters that is based on the Warlock's and WC3's Metamorphosis.

That is almost certainly not the reason it happened, because of one reason, and one reason only: it was in the list of "top three" class ideas. If "must have WC3 hero" was anywhere near a requirement, the runemaster would not even make it to the list, in the first place.
    Do you, even, know the reasons why it lost?

What you're doing there is the "argument from ignorance" fallacy: you're saying "I can't think of any other explanation, therefore this explanation must be true." Just because the other party says "I don't know" (which, is my answer, here) does not automatically make your explanation true.
    Never claimed it is. Nothing is false-proof. But, until you provide me with something else, don't be mad that i'm using it.

This is basically an admittance that you're grasping at straws. It's fine if "slips from your hands" if you don't know how it works.
    I'm waiting for the "i was right all along" moment
    Preferably, with a prize at the end.
    That's part of the male ego. We're competitive.

Because you don't see how you're refusing to observe the other side. You're not considering the evidence put forth, you're just arguing for your side.
    What evidence? consideration of other classes? I'm, specifically, claiming about addition. When they break that pattern, you'll have the honor of telling me to stop.

Then why do you insist that this "waiting list" exists as a fact, then?
    Never as a fact. As a probability. Demon Hunter, for example. What do you think they do with class concepts they ditch and not integrate into a new class?

Really? Because I don't care if a dark ranger or blademaster class is added to the game. I have my own two preferences, which I think are made very clear every time I post, here. And yet I'm arguing for the blademaster and dark ranger because I see the potential and possibilities. So your "you're arguing out of personal preference" argument goes right down the drain.
    To be honest, the only eye-catching WC3 classes for me are the Shadow Hunter and, maybe, the Tinker. The others i advocate for due to my analysis. Dragonsworn and Bard look interesting, cool and original to me. Yet, i don't advocate for them for the same reason.

You're mistaken a piece for the whole. Blizzard did not put the "demon concept" (i.e. the dreadlord) into the death knight class. They just gave the class blood magic inspired on what the dreadlord could do in WC3. There is a difference.
    You're describing, exactly, what i said. Runic part of the Runemaster was integrated into the Death Knight (a piece of the whole) and not martial arts. Vampirism (blood spec) was integrated into the Death Knight, but not the other demonic features of the Dreadlord.

Not really. We can't prove it either way.
    They told you it was put on hold. What do you call that?

Because of this statement of yours:
    ]
    Which you then claimed "it is backed up by a Blizzard statement", hence me asking for a source.
    Then, it is just a confusion by me. Thought you were asking about the integration.

They're not, though. They may have been inspired in the vampire concept, but they're not vampires:
    • the venthyr's existence is not a blood curse;
    • the venthyr do not "reproduce" by biting people;
    • the venthyr do not drink blood;
    • the venthyr are not undead.

On the other hand, the san'layn are actually Warcraft's iteration of the vampire concept.
    San'layn were not bitten, either, but raised.
    Neither do San'layn reproduce like that.
    The San'layn do not drink blood, they siphon it.
    We could argue that Venthyr are undead, since Shadowlands denizens are dead, yet not inanimate.
    Who do you think Arthas got inspiration from, to create the San'layn? We know he based his Scourge architecture and army on Maldraxxus.

Go read on Wretched. It is the abuse of arcane that turned high/blood elves into wretches, not the lack of it.
    True. my bad. It would make them sick, though:
    "Abstinence was not for everyone. While rangers could get by with minimal assistance, more magic-inclined elves who ceased their intake of magic became gravely ill."

He didn't die. They become withered. But I'll concede this point.
    Weird. I had this notion that he died...
    Nevermind. The point is they wither away, like a Venthyr without anima would.

We don't have to. It's all the sword. It's the power within the sword. And no, Tyrael becomes an archangel in name only at the end of Diablo 3.
    Then, what purpose does he serve as the Archangel of wisdom?

Except you don't turn into an actual archangel, though. It's just the name of the PvP talents that boost the atonement ability.
    You do, actually. You, even, get wings (low-res one, though).
    Heck, the entire spec is based on angelic aspects:
    Archangel & Dark Archangel (mirroring Kyrian and Forsworn), Angelic Feather, Angelic Bulwark (removed), Glyph of Angels.

>literally sho a video where the maor part of the ability was the mobility the ability provided with bonus speed

"iT wAs ThE iNvIsIbIlItY"

let me guess, you played the RTS like you played the mmo, not playing orcs like you didn't play warriors at all? totally offtopic, but you sounds a night elf and/or human player so explain why you didn't understand orcs
    A guy playing a certain way doesn't apply to anyone and everything. The ability itself is the indicator, not the use of it by a specific person.

Even by you backpedaling about "escape" methods is hilarious because heroic leap is literally an useful ability used to escape, the ones who never used to escape in a BG never played warrior at all, which is you.
    Once again, claiming how you use it and calling it an escape mechanism. In truth, it is a gap-closer ability.

No, because that would give them invisibility. Picking a certain aspect of the ability and applying it to Warriors is no more than cherypicking.

Heroic Leap is a gap-closer or an AOE damage, and is used by Nordic archetypes like Barbarians and Mountain Kings, not Blademasters.

Funny. Because Stealth also have/had damage boosting talents:

Master of Subtlety
    Attacks made while stealthed and for 5 seconds after breaking stealth cause an additional 10% damage.

Nightstalker
    While Stealth is active, you move 20% faster and your abilities deal 50% more damage.

Subterfuge
    Assassination
    Also causes Garrote to deal 125% increased damage and have no cooldown when used from Stealth or 3 sec after Stealth breaks.

Meaning, my proposition early, to design windwalk as a talent ability to replace heroic leap is just amazing and completely make sense witht he flavor and thematic of warrior.
    It doesn't, really. Because you design it the way you want it to.

But hey, like a madmani can see the future, i bet you are going to say "leaping" to the target and "running" to target, are totally different concepts, like the sun and moon, and just cannot be related at all, theya re totally different "thematics and flavors", and this cannot be done because is "nonsense"
    Two different archetype-associated abilities.

the ability did 3 things and it was more important by the movement boost, the invisible and damage are nice but is not the core concept neither the main feature on the ability, already pointed in my other response.
    Once again, using your own interpretation.
    If it wasn't important, Blizzard would not give it the invisibility animation.

I mean, still is tiresome how you guys want to decide what is important or not, but even that if we talk about the "fundamental identity" still is not the invisibility but the movement, it is how is stated in the lore, in the description of the ability and how people used then in the game/pvp
    We're tiring? We want the whole ability, while you want only part of it. The lore, clearly, states invisibility. They even gave it that animation. How people use it is, absolutely, irrelevant. There are videos of people using Druids with Moonfire only, does that make it the only important Druid spell?

No, it can't. I would compare it more to the Warrior's charge, if you wanna be honest.

Yes, it is. Stop giving examples of certain people as evidence.

So you are going against what the pro-players/guide writers have said about the class gameplay, yep, must be their opinions as well.

Tell me where is explicitly said those abilities are designed to ONLY "get you in to combat and keep it" and not "escape when necessary" show me, i dare you

You, as a non warrior player, are again assuming things and trying to pass out your opinion as a fact(after acusing me of doing that), when we literally have evidence showing you wrong, heroic leap is for engage and escape purposes, if it was not, you would not be able to use in the middle of combat you know, like rogue normal stealth is not

Taking people's guides as proof. You're digging your own grave.
    You can see it in the animation (angry face). it does damage, for crying out loud. That's for AOE purposes (to be used on a crowd of mobs/players) not escaping. Once again, ignoring parts of it for your own agenda.

And then run away and not in a battlefield, i mean, it is the class rogue-ish thing no? sneaking into someone else room...assassinations, thefts, things like that, did you hear much rogues in a battlefield? what is the place of the rogue and the blademaster in a war? are you going to tell me they share the same spot? Blademasters "theme and fantasy" is like a rogue, sneaking into places or or in the heat of the battle like a true warrior he is? that is their "concept in lore" that people like to ignore

thats how Blademasters do, they are fast, they get the target and keep fighting

wind walk is not a all time invisibility like rogues and druids ones, is not a stealth for that purposes, is literally going fast to engage
    Neither. It is a samurai. A combination of the two.
    Wind Walk doesn't have to be constant stealth. If it was just a speed boost, it would be a sprint.

Jesus Christ. How many times do we need to translate that word for you?
    Synonymous with deceive and duplicity. Look it up.

Like, literally those things just further prove my point, wind walk like heroic leap are used to get away when you are about to die, any warrior do that. if you never pulled a bunch of elite creeps, charge to an enemy and heroic leap away letting then deal with the shit you never played a warrior before

Hit-and-run tactics is what warriors do in BGs by all the time harassing camps or getting flags, My god dude
    Oh my god. Do you see yourself speaking?
    "it is true because how i, and others, use it".
    That is called self-interpretation. Learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    doesn't DH also prove how they are bankrupt on new classes? it is only class with 2 specs and it has least amount of buttons in wow in general, not to mention it cannibalized demonology warlock to exist in first place, and demo became more like hunter BM but with magic instead of the unique spec it used to be
    Again with the cannibalization? It's been explained like thousand times.
    1.- Warlocks having Meta in the 1st place was the idea of the warlock designer on that time that wanted to cram DH into that class against the criteria of the rest of the designers.
    2.- WL Meta and DH Meta only share the name. They don't work the same, they don't feel the same.
    3.- Demo was always implied to be a master summoner, it was only when said designer tried to cram DH when they shifted it do a "become a demon", and then when DHs came in, it made the spec to have an identity crisis. Now it's back to what was supposed to be in the 1st place.
    4.- Demo is different from BM in that Demo playstyle is the "swarm with small pets" type, while BM is the "overpower with one strong pet"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Personally I agree and I don't think DH should set a precedent for class design, however it does show that a concept that is very specific, lacking depth and not based in any common fantasy class archetype can be made into a class.

Doesn't mean every new class should follow that example since I think adding more DH-like (style over substance) classes (Dark Rangers for example) would be ultimately worse vs adding something with a bit more to it's concept like Tinkers or Dragonsworn
    Tinkers being more fleshed out that DR as a player class? I agree. But Dragonsworn? The only source is the class from the TTRPG. It's not referenced in any other Warcraft media, ever.

I recall reading a Dev interview where they did say there was a lot of internal discussion over what a third spec could be but they ultimately decided nothing fit and just went with 2 specs.
    Correct. It's the problem when the concept is so narrow, it has very little window to add things. The same problem applies to Dark Ranger

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    I dont think forums are for you, sorry. The bolded part reeks arrogance and big-headedness.
    just mere retribution, like i said, i give plenty of exampled of common ground, by arguing how it would be easier and better to just make warriors more blademaster-ish than creating an entire new class, if still people don't want it, patience, like i said before, not point in arguing and everyone go their own way

"Warlocks are the Demon Hunters of WoW. They just need the rest of the skills" - that's how you sound like.
    no its not, and this is just another fallacy of yours

It doesn't need to be the same. It is used as a source of inspiration.
    Exactly, therefore, it don't need to let you invisible, its not entirely necessary

"So adept and agile are the blademasters that they can move so quickly that they appear to be invisible to the naked eye." - both are.
    Again, you distort what i say.
    Are you blind? it literally says they appear to be invisible, they are not rly invisible, just appear to be

Oh my god. Do you see yourself speaking?
    "it is true because how i, and others, use it".
    That is called self-interpretation. Learn it.
    it is truth because you said it? this is just beyond delusion man

10+ Year Old Account
    Ibex horns (forward facing and half-circular).
    Glide is a not part of the model, it is a general ability of the Demon Hunter. Can you provide a picture, though? that would look hella weird.
    Horns are horns. They're demon horns, regardless of curvature. And as for the wings, they're represented by the class' ability to glide.

Would you consider Windwalker Monk based on the Brewmaster, and not an original spec, since it has "Storm, Earth and Fire" and the Brewmaster don't?
    We're not talking about one single ability, though. That was just an aside, to show how the Illidan concept is still very much represented by the demon hunter's vengeance spec.

*Thumbs up*
    They can add more Demon Hunter races in the future, as we've argued about in that Demon Hunter races thread.
    They can add a third, ranged spellcaster, spec to Demon Hunters that is based on the Warlock's and WC3's Metamorphosis.
    We're talking about class releases, though. Not what happens to the classes post-launch. As for adding a third spec, yes, Blizzard could. But considering their reasoning for not adding a third spec is that "it wouldn't fit the DH identity and they didn't want to dilute the concept", and I honestly doubt they did not think of a spellcaster spec, I think it's safe to assume it's not going to happen.

Do you, even, know the reasons why it lost?
    I don't. But me not knowing the actual reasons does not automatically make your reasons true. And also: me not knowing the actual reasons does not preclude me from showing evidence why your reasons are unlikely to be true. For example: you not knowing the exact material composition of the moon does not automatically mean my claim that the moon is made of feta cheese true.

Never claimed it is. Nothing is false-proof. But, until you provide me with something else, don't be mad that i'm using it.
    Except your claim is demonstrably false, though. If "needs Warcraft 3 unit" was an actual requirement, the runemaster wouldn't even be considered in the first place, much less become one of the top three picks.

I'm waiting for the "i was right all along" moment
    Preferably, with a prize at the end.
    That's part of the male ego. We're competitive.
    I'm not even go into how wrong the bolded statement is. By the way, those who wait for the "I was right all along" moments usually get left in the dust.

What evidence? consideration of other classes? I'm, specifically, claiming about addition. When they break that pattern, you'll have the honor of telling me to stop.
    You do know "class consideration" is an integral part of "class addition", right? Because if you don't consider which class to add, there is no "addition".

Never as a fact. As a probability. Demon Hunter, for example. What do you think they do with class concepts they ditch and not integrate into a new class?
    A few years back, I wanted to buy a new fridge and replace the old one for some time. But I didn't want to redo my kitchen's furniture (it's pre-planned) to fit the new fridge. Two years later, when I moved to a new home, I took the opportunity and bought a new fridge. That little story does not mean I had a "waiting list" of things to replace.

They told you it was put on hold. What do you call that?
    That they didn't opt to do it at the time. That does not imply a "waiting list".

San'layn were not bitten, either, but raised. (1)
    Neither do San'layn reproduce like that. (2)
    The San'layn do not drink blood, they siphon it. (3)
    We could argue that Venthyr are undead, since Shadowlands denizens are dead, yet not inanimate. (4)
    Who do you think Arthas got inspiration from, to create the San'layn? We know he based his Scourge architecture and army on Maldraxxus. (5)
    1) & 2) Once Bitten, Twice Shy: "Defeat Blood-Queen Lana'thel once as a vampire and again without becoming a vampire in 25-player mode." and she turns you into a vampire by biting you. You do the same to others as well after you're bitten.
    3) Actually drinking, siphoning or sipping through a straw, that doesn't matter. They consume actual blood, that's the important part.
    4) The venthyr are not undead, though. They're souls given bodies, just like every denizen of the Shadowlands.
    5) Who said he took any inspiration to make the san'layn? Just because two concepts are very similar, doesn't mean one was copied/inspired on the other.

Then, what purpose does he serve as the Archangel of wisdom?
    To offer... wisdom? I mean, I thought that was rather obvious. Also, he did not become an archangel again. He just took the role of wisdom. He specifically says he's doing so as a mortal.

You do, actually. You, even, get wings (low-res one, though).
    Heck, the entire spec is based on angelic aspects:
    Archangel & Dark Archangel (mirroring Kyrian and Forsworn), Angelic Feather, Angelic Bulwark (removed), Glyph of Angels.
    Again: you don't. It's just magical wings. And the "angelic" are just names. Just like the warrior's "dragon roar" is not an actual dragon roaring, despite its graphic.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, you are backpedaling, we are talking about mobility, and you said they don't have it, at all, don't try to distort things midway trough.
    I'm not distorting anything. From the get-go, since the start, the talk about mobility was centered about the blademaster's theme of stealth and deceit, where an important part of it is getting out of combat. Which the warrior has none. His entire kit is designed to put the warrior into combat as soon as possible and keep him in there.

Who said I am? Care to point me where in in those guides it says about how the warrior is not a class whose kit is designed to get the warrior into and keep it in combat?

You, as a non warrior player,
    Wrong.

Once again, for the people in the back:
    It is adorable that you are bringing up "blizzard themselves" as an attempt to appeal to authority, cause obviou bllzizard is "higher in the herarchy"
    That's not an "appeal to authority" fallacy. Learn what the fallacy truly means. As for "bringing up Blizzard themselves", it's a valid argument, considering they are the ones who created the Warcraft's blademaster concept. I mean, in a conversation about Harry Potter, why would I not be allowed to bring up J.K. Rowling's opinions about the franchise's world?

Also, you're still required to answer this question:
    Why do you feel the need to assume when I literally explained my reasoning in that exact same paragraph!?
    - - - Updated - - -

And why do you think it's a fallacy? Especially since I think his comparison fits perfectly.

Exactly, therefore, it don't need to let you invisible, its not entirely necessary
    It is, though. Because it's an iconic aspect of the ability.

Are you blind? it literally says they appear to be invisible, they are not rly invisible, just appear to be
    Something the warriors cannot do because they're nowhere near as fast, concept-wise. After all, they're wearing heavy plate.

We're not talking about one single ability, though. That was just an aside, to show how the Illidan concept is still very much represented by the demon hunter's vengeance spec.
    Vengeance's demon form is completely new and unseen. It's not a representation of Illidan, it is a new form that branches out the Demon Hunter as being *more than* simply Illidan.

We've never seen Illidan look anything like the Vengeance form, so I think it's somewhat dishonest to say Illidan is being represented.

We have to regard what Illidan is, as well as what he wasn't. At no point do we ever see him use this form, so I would not tie it back to him at all.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-05-07 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Correct. It's the problem when the concept is so narrow, it has very little window to add things. The same problem applies to Dark Ranger
    Not if you combine with Priestess of the Moon and Warden.

So, how do you think you sound like?

Straying too much from the core of the ability (speed+invisibility). The only thing changeable is the bonus damage, since it's not mentioned in lore or appears in the animation.

Are you blind? the animation makes you invisible. Besides, we didn't really consider stealth turning you invisible (conceal in the shadows) until that Saurfang cinematic.

it is truth because you said it? this is just beyond delusion man
    You're not grasping that you're using personal preferences when arguing about the concept.

Horns are horns. They're demon horns, regardless of curvature. And as for the wings, they're represented by the class' ability to glide.
    That type of horns were not seen on any Metamorphosis model before.
    Once again, Glide is not part of the model (unlike Havoc one). Can you provide a picture, please? I just need to see it for myself.

Yes, you were. You mentioned Immolation Aura twice now. The point is, abilities are shared among specializations and are not always representative of the specialization (i.e. - Storm, Earth and Fire).

We're talking about class releases, though. Not what happens to the classes post-launch. As for adding a third spec, yes, Blizzard could. But considering their reasoning for not adding a third spec is that "it wouldn't fit the DH identity and they didn't want to dilute the concept", and I honestly doubt they did not think of a spellcaster spec, I think it's safe to assume it's not going to happen.

So much for peoples' hopes and dreams.
    Never say never, my friend. It could happen. Maybe. One day... (maybe they didn't have the tools back then to distinguish it enough from the Warlock).

I don't. But me not knowing the actual reasons does not automatically make your reasons true. And also: me not knowing the actual reasons does not preclude me from showing evidence why your reasons are unlikely to be true. For example: you not knowing the exact material composition of the moon does not automatically mean my claim that the moon is made of feta cheese true.

I think it lost because:
    1. it didn't match the expansion as much as Death Knights.
    2. Death Knights were more prominent and grounded than Runemaster was.
    3. It could contain parts of the class, but not the other way around (Runemaster having Death themes).

Except your claim is demonstrably false, though. If "needs Warcraft 3 unit" was an actual requirement, the runemaster wouldn't even be considered in the first place, much less become one of the top three picks.
    *Warcraft 3 Hero unit.

Perhaps, not a requirement. But, a concept that is preferred over RPG ones (or base units).

I'm not even go into how wrong the bolded statement is. By the way, those who wait for the "I was right all along" moments usually get left in the dust.
    Aren't we all competing for our preferred concepts to win? otherwise, we wouldn't argue.
    Then, i guess it's just me.
    Don't shatter my dreams and hopes.
    Anyway, it's worth a shot...

You do know "class consideration" is an integral part of "class addition", right? Because if you don't consider which class to add, there is no "addition".
    Mongrel Horde was, also, considered. You won't be seeing that anytime soon.

A few years back, I wanted to buy a new fridge and replace the old one for some time. But I didn't want to redo my kitchen's furniture (it's pre-planned) to fit the new fridge. Two years later, when I moved to a new home, I took the opportunity and bought a new fridge. That little story does not mean I had a "waiting list" of things to replace.
    Well, you're not a company that adds classes, almost, every other expansion for profits. It's a little different. They have to consider classes all the time. It's (or was) an integral part of the game. Otherwise, they would lose players.

That they didn't opt to do it at the time. That does not imply a "waiting list".
    They have, or had, so many ideas for classes that just wait for the opportune moment to be added. I think they talked about it when discussing classes.

1) & 2) Once Bitten, Twice Shy: "Defeat Blood-Queen Lana'thel once as a vampire and again without becoming a vampire in 25-player mode." and she turns you into a vampire by biting you. You do the same to others as well after you're bitten.
    3) Actually drinking, siphoning or sipping through a straw, that doesn't matter. They consume actual blood, that's the important part.
    4) The venthyr are not undead, though. They're souls given bodies, just like every denizen of the Shadowlands.
    5) Who said he took any inspiration to make the san'layn? Just because two concepts are very similar, doesn't mean one was copied/inspired on the other.
    1 & 2) Well, i guess they didn't bother to mention it in their race WoWpedia page.
    3) Do you think it's a coincidence that the Venthyr anima is red, and that they put it in cups for consumption? That's a clear reference to pop-culture vampires.
    4) Souls given bodies cannot be undead? Forsaken are rotting bodies with imperfectly attached souls. Shadowlands denizens are dead, not alive. Yet, they are not static like a dead creature.
    5) Because we know he took inspiration for the scourge's architecture and army from Maldraxxus. It's not hard to see him taking inspiration for his vampire squad from Revendreth.
    Real question now: you want San'layn, is that it?

To offer... wisdom? I mean, I thought that was rather obvious. Also, he did not become an archangel again. He just took the role of wisdom. He specifically says he's doing so as a mortal.
    "My brothers, I'll take my place among you, as a mortal" - if he's part of them, then he's most likely an Archangel.
    Anyway, you see how this story plays out on several medias (there was, also, a movie with that story). I don't see why it wouldn't happen in WoW.

Again: you don't. It's just magical wings. And the "angelic" are just names. Just like the warrior's "dragon roar" is not an actual dragon roaring, despite its graphic.
    Unlike the Warrior, who has this for flavour, it's part of the theme of the class:

Last edited by username993720; 2021-05-07 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, Glide is not part of the model (unlike Havoc one). Can you provide a picture, please? I just need to see it for myself.
    Why do you need a picture? Do you not believe me when I say the vengeance demon hunter spec does not have wings when they glide?

Yes, you were. You mentioned Immolation Aura twice now. The point is, abilities are shared among specializations and are not always representative of the specialization (i.e. - Storm, Earth and Fire).

So much for peoples' hopes and dreams.
    Never say never, my friend. It could happen. Maybe. One day... (maybe they didn't have the tools back then to distinguish it enough from the Warlock).
    But I didn't? I only said it's highly unlikely.

I think it lost because:
    1. it didn't match the expansion as much as Death Knights.
    2. Death Knights were more prominent and grounded than Runemaster was.
    3. It could contain parts of the class, but not the other way around (Runemaster having Death themes).
    I heavily disagree on the third item. Runemasters could easily take the "death" theme for their runic magic, considering the runemaster concept is wholly undefined in Warcraft, and Blizzard could give the class death magic through their runes.

*Warcraft 3 Hero unit.

Perhaps, not a requirement. But, a concept that is preferred over RPG ones (or base units).
    If that is the case, why was the necromancer (a non-hero WC3 unit) one of the three 'finalists'?

Aren't we all competing for our preferred concepts to win? otherwise, we wouldn't argue.
    If you're treating this as a competition, you're doing it wrong. Especially since there is no "winning" and no "prize" at the end. Blizzard is not going to implement the clas concept that wins this "battle royale".

Mongrel Horde was, also, considered. You won't be seeing that anytime soon.
    And I'm fine with that, considering I have no interest in that. Also, that's kind of "whataboutism", I believe.

Well, you're not a company that adds classes, almost, every other expansion for profits. It's a little different. They have to consider classes all the time. It's (or was) an integral part of the game. Otherwise, they would lose players.
    Again: that doesn't mean they have a "waiting list" in any official capacity, though. Also, "otherwise lose players" is a meaningless argument to make because we don't know if Shadowlands would've fared better or worse if it had a new class.

3) Do you think it's a coincidence that the Venthyr anima is red, and that they put it in cups for consumption? That's a clear reference to pop-culture vampires.
    4) Souls given bodies cannot be undead? Forsaken are rotting bodies with imperfectly attached souls. Shadowlands denizens are dead, not alive. Yet, they are not static like a dead creature.
    5) Because we know he took inspiration for the scourge's architecture and army from Maldraxxus. It's not hard to see him taking inspiration for his vampire squad from Revendreth.
    3) They mix it with wine. Anima is energy, not liquid. Also, being a "reference" does not mean they are actually what they're referencing. I mean, during May 4th all Stormwind guards get blue energy swords, and all Orgrimmar grunts get red energy swords. It's a clear reference to Star Wars, but that doesn't make the Stormwind guards actual jedi, or the Orgrimmar grunts actual sith. Does it?
    4) Not really. Reincarnation is a thing. A new, living body is fashioned for them, because they can bleed, feel pain and emotions.
    5) Same as #3: Arthas taking inspiration from the venthyr (assuming that is what really happened) to create the san'layn doesn't mean that the venthyr are actual vampires.

Real question now: you want San'layn, is that it?
    Nope. I never advocated for a vampire playable race, nor have any interest in one.

"My brothers, I'll take my place among you, as a mortal" - if he's part of them, then he's most likely an Archangel.
    Not really. He literally says: as a mortal. And you quoted it.

Again, those are just magical wings. That doesn't mean the priest is actually turning into an archangel. It's just a visual representation of the ability.

Again, those are just magical wings. That doesn't mean the priest is actually turning into an archangel. It's just a visual representation of the ability.
    It's also outright stated in the Maldraxxus Campaign that Bastion and the Kyrian aren't connect to the Light (or Void) when Mograine questions why he wasn't sent to Bastion because he served the light, this kind of visual/aesthetic similarity is literally dismissed within the setting itself.

Any aesthetic similarities Priest have to the Kyrian with abilities like Apotheois and Spirit of Redemption are just that a shared aesthetic, theres no actual lore connection that we know of and lorewise priests don't use Death Magic, they use Light and Void
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2021-05-07 at 08:29 PM.

Why do you need a picture? Do you not believe me when I say the vengeance demon hunter spec does not have wings when they glide?
    You said the Metamorphosis (Vengeance) has.

But I didn't? I only said it's highly unlikely.
    If they add a specialization to each class (except for the Druid), then it could happen.

I heavily disagree on the third item. Runemasters could easily take the "death" theme for their runic magic, considering the runemaster concept is wholly undefined in Warcraft, and Blizzard could give the class death magic through their runes.
    They are runic Monks. Hardly, deathly.

If that is the case, why was the necromancer (a non-hero WC3 unit) one of the three 'finalists'?
    Read what i wrote again: "(or basic units)".

If you're treating this as a competition, you're doing it wrong. Especially since there is no "winning" and no "prize" at the end. Blizzard is not going to implement the clas concept that wins this "battle royale".
    We're all doing this for enjoyment. Otherwise, why would we argue?

And I'm fine with that, considering I have no interest in that. Also, that's kind of "whataboutism", I believe.
    Personal preference right there. It is okay if it is concerning the Mongrel Horde, but not the Runemaster and Necromancer?

Again: that doesn't mean they have a "waiting list" in any official capacity, though. Also, "otherwise lose players" is a meaningless argument to make because we don't know if Shadowlands would've fared better or worse if it had a new class.
    Not in an official way. Conceptually and theoretically.

3) They mix it with wine. Anima is energy, not liquid. Also, being a "reference" does not mean they are actually what they're referencing. I mean, during May 4th all Stormwind guards get blue energy swords, and all Orgrimmar grunts get red energy swords. It's a clear reference to Star Wars, but that doesn't make the Stormwind guards actual jedi, or the Orgrimmar grunts actual sith. Does it?
    4) Not really. Reincarnation is a thing. A new, living body is fashioned for them, because they can bleed, feel pain and emotions.
    5) Same as #3: Arthas taking inspiration from the venthyr (assuming that is what really happened) to create the san'layn doesn't mean that the venthyr are actual vampires.
    3) Can i have a source for that?
    This joke reference to Star Wars is not like the Venthyr one. It is part of their culture, while the may 4th one was a one-time event.
    4) They are not reincarnated, nor are they alive. Reincarnation is what happen to animals in Ardenweald. The Shadowlands' denizens are dead.
    5) "In the Shadowlands, the vampiric venthyr have their own realm of Revendreth" (the page even shows a picture of them): https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Vampire
    • "The venthyr of Revendreth are vampiric punishers of the unworthy, charged with rehabilitating the sinful souls sent to them by the Arbiter."
    • Venthyr are mentioned to commonly have allergic reactions to garlic, a play on the folkloric belief that vampires hate garlic.
    • The appearance and themes of the venthyr seem mainly inspired by Dracula and its adaptations.
    • The name "venthyr" is similar to the Ventrue, a prominent vampire clan from Vampire: The Masquerade. It's also similar to a number of Eastern European names for vampires or vampire-like creatures, such as Dhamphir.
    • Specific Venthyr that are references to real-world vampire myths or franchises that have been noticed by the editors are:
    • Sire Denathrius and Duke Vlad are references to Count Vlad Tepes III the Dracul (Dracula).
    • Tremen Winefang is a reference to the Tremere clan of Vampire: The Masquerade.
    • The Countess and is a reference to Countess Elizabeth Bathory.
    • Prince Renathal and The Stonewright are likely references to Castlevania.
    • Nadjia the Mistblade, Sir Nandru, Nandor, and Lord Afanas are references to What We Do In The Shadows.
    • Dredhunter Eileena is a reference to Bloodborne.
    • The three venthyr of the Council of Blood and Lord Stefan may be references to The Vampire Diaries.
    Lord Stefan may also be a reference to the character of the same name in the Subspecies movie series.
    • Madame Sorina, Lord Sorin, and Inquisitor Sorin may be a reference to "Sorin, Vampire Lord" of Magic: The Gathering.
    • High Inquisitor Radu may be a reference to Radu Bavron in the anime/manga Trinity Blood or the character of the same name in the Subspecies movie series.
    • High Inquisitor Dacian may be a reference to the Dacian Clan of Twilight.
    • Sir Marius may be a reference to the character of the same name in the Underworld movies.
    • Duke Grigore may be a reference to either the Nephilim (called Grigori), who in the Blue Bloods vampire novels are vampires, or to the vampire Gregor of The Vampire Diaries.
    • Lord Andrei may be a reference to the Tzimisce Clan vampire Andrei from Vampire: The Masquerade.
    • Some of the male venthyr NPCs are voiced by Simon Templeman, who is known for his role as Kain, a vampire antihero in the video game series Legacy of Kain."

You have got to be mad to not consider them vampires.

Nope. I never advocated for a vampire playable race, nor have any interest in one.
    What do you have against them?

Not really. He literally says: as a mortal. And you quoted it.
    A mortal archangel.

How can you consider them as, merely, looks when the Priest turns to a Spirit Healer, which are Kyrians.

It's also outright stated in the Maldraxxus Campaign that Bastion and the Kyrian aren't connect to the Light (or Void) when Mograine questions why he wasn't sent to Bastion because he served the light, this kind of visual/aesthetic similarity is literally dismissed within the setting itself.

Any aesthetic similarities Priest have to the Kyrian with abilities like Apotheois and Spirit of Redemption are just that a shared aesthetic, theres no actual lore connection that we know of and lorewise priests don't use Death Magic, they use Light and Void
    Yet, Uther who served the light does get sent to Bastion? anyone who dedicates his life to service gets sent there.
    You are correct. They don't use the same magic (Light/Void vs Arcane/Death).
    Yet, it can be due to gameplay/lore reasons. Meaning, when designing them for Shadowlands, they had to separate them from those cosmic forces to fit the narrative of the expansion.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-05-07 at 09:00 PM.