7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Broxxigar's axe would have been awesome! Especially in an expansion where Sargeras made an appearance. We even had taeshalach which was forged from a piece of Sargeras' own sword, so Broxxigar's axe wouldn't have been problematic to add. Missed opportunity for sure.
    They said they think on it, but decided to not to, cause a "nature" themed axe, would not fit warrior fantasy, but a shadow sword theme would, when they could have simple said the axe got corrupted by sargeras blood/fel magic, becoming even stronger.

Case in point, big problem with classes/specs those days is how the devs decide, arbitrary, what fit and what don't fit in the class fantasy, based on their own taste and short-sigh, so any future class will suffer from that

Tinkers need to happen with a specific idea in mind.

In addition with Tinker exclusive mechs, having mech mounts like the lightforged warframe, GMOD, lumber extractor, sky golem, and fel reaver unlocks a skin to use during combat. Similar to druid forms.

338 pages of people arguing over who is more wrong

Though that’s perfectly ok as long as it doesn’t spill into other threads

Again:

In my opinion the logic says that the new class can only be Dark Rangers:

1- Sylvanas is so popular than Illidan and Arthas. However, these two Warcraft heroes have already had their classes playable. The Sylvanas class has not yet.
    2- Silvanas is not popular just because of her beautiful legs. People like her style and skills. If in doubt about it, watch a "reaction" on youtube about BFA cinematic. When Sylvanas uses his banshee power and kills alliance soldiers, people experience a nerdy orgasm.
    3- All new hero-classes are melee. Dark Ranger would come to be the first Ranged hero-Class.
    4- There is a lack of class that uses mail armor in the game. So ... let the Dark Rangers come.
    5- Dark Ranger is not just a "Dark Hunter". Saying this is like saying that the DK is a dark warrior or saying that the paladin is just a warrior with Holy damage. There is an infinite world of possibilities for us to see in this class. Certainly this class would inherit Sylvanas' banshee skills in various talents.
    6- Many classes share swords, maces, staffs, fist weapon etc ...! But only Hunter uses bow. How to solve this? Ok ... DARK RANGERS !!
    7- There's a battle-ground that Nathanos says "Let me look at you. Pathetic. Why aren't there Dark Rangers here ?? !!" (it's just Blizzard giving us a spoiler?)
    8- Not having playable Dark Rangers in the game despite how interesting Sylvanas is, and all the possibilities that this class would have ... it's like having a Justice League game and we can't play Batman. Just my opinion.

Now let's stop talking about logic and just talk about fun:

Dark Rangers would be a mix of Hunter and Rogues who could use Banshee's powers. I can't imagine how incredible that would be. In practice it would be a Hunter with perma-stealth with a lot of shadow damage. There could only be two specs (like DHs) one strong on single target damage and the other on survival and aoe damage. No pets in my opinion

The main conter-argument I see in the forums is:
    Dark Ranger is just another Hunter wich purple arrow. My God. It makes me feel that Warlock is like a mage who knows how to summon demons, or DK is just a Warrior with frost damage, etc. After seeing the video below I ask you:
    Have you ever seen in wow anybody controlling the enemy's mind while vanishing in the shadow of himself to attack the enemy with clones and arrows?? No, right. So let sse it below:

SEE THE VIDEO BELOW AND NEVER SAY AGAIN THAT DARK RANGERS ARE EQUAL TO HUNTERS:

This image below makes it clear that thanks to HOTS the Dark Ranger should already be practically ready for wow.

Now about the hero-class that (if Sylvanas dies in SL) we will probably never have ...

Below are the reasons I believe Dark Ranger is the most obvious class we should be. Note this: I made it "obvious". I didn't say "the best". (Yes, particularly it would be my favorite class ..)

I invite you now to an interesting question:

ILLIDAN is an incredibly popular character in the wow lore. He is so popular that he has become the protagonist of a cinematic (TBC) and his class (Demon Hunter) is playable nowadays.
    ARTHAS is an incredibly popular character in the wow lore. He is so popular that he became a protagonist in a cinematic (WTLK) and his class (Death Knight) is playable nowadays.
    SYLVANAS is an incredibly popular character in the wow lore. She is so incredible that she became (side by Varian) a protagonist in LEGION cinematic, she is the protagonist in BFA cinematic and also, she is protagonist in SHADOWLANDS cinematic ... and ... wait !! Where is her class (Dark Ranger) playable nowadays ??

Okay, Hold on ... I know that "popularity" and "protagonism in cinematics" are not determining factors for a new class to be chosen.
    But yes ... they are an investment of time (and a lot of time).
    I am not a detective and I cannot prove what I am saying but I am SURE that the playable hero-class Dark Ranger came to be planned and (for some reason) was abandoned. This occurred between Legion and BFA.
    My best shot is:
    At a Blizzard meeting someone said ...
    [[Dev-1]] So, we're here to decide today whether the Dark Ranger will have more mobility than DH ...
    [[Dev-2]] Wait a second Bob ... it looks like these Mythic-Raiders here in the chat are saying that it would be cool for other races like Troll zandalari, etc ...
    And is that folks! Everything has changed!
    But that was not enough ... Unlike Illidan and Arthas, for some neuropsychotic reason, Sylvanas is hated by 50% of the community (Is it because of the tree?) And the Devs knew that and realized that they announced Dark Ranger (the class from Sylvanas) as a playable class, HATE would be something more uncontrollable than the High Elves thread. Sad.

In my opinion we could be playing with the most fun and coolest class in the game (DR) .... but there was so much "bullshit" in its path that today we have some Tauren with moose horn (allied races), we have some little vampire powers or druid skills (covenant), and that will disappear in 1 or 2 years ...! Really sad. We deserved more.
    A hero-class whose hero was the main in 2 fucking xpacs and we will never have playable Dark Rangers ?? Ok-dokey.......

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    3- All new hero-classes are melee. Dark Ranger would come to be the first Ranged hero-Class.
    4- There is a lack of class that uses mail armor in the game. So ... let the Dark Rangers come.
    There are other concepts that are ranged and could be use mail armor. Bard is one such class that comes to mind. Tinkers-- another ranged concept-- could wear mail armor, according to some, though I disagree on that regard.

8- Not having playable Dark Rangers in the game despite how interesting Sylvanas is, and all the possibilities that this class would have ... it's like having a Justice League game and we can't play Batman. Just my opinion.
    Okay. But just keep in mind how long it took for Blizzard to add demon hunters. Illidan came and went, and no DHs.

SYLVANAS is an incredibly popular character in the wow lore. She is so incredible that she became (side by Varian) a protagonist in LEGION cinematic, she is the protagonist in BFA cinematic and also, she is protagonist in SHADOWLANDS cinematic ... and ... wait !! Where is her class (Dark Ranger) playable nowadays ??
    Sylvanas is an antagonist in Shadowlands, not protagonist. Protagonists are the story leads, the heroes. Antagonists are the villains of the story.

And, even so, Sylvanas is, at best, a "support" antagonist in the lore of Shadowlands, much like Gul'dan was in Legion. She's not the BBEG of Shadowlands. The Jailer is. Sure, Blizzard could pull the rug under our eyes and have Sylvanas overthrow the Jailer and become more powerful than him, but, as far as the current story goes, that is how Sylvanas currently stands: a minion to the BBEG.

I am not a detective and I cannot prove what I am saying but I am SURE that the playable hero-class Dark Ranger came to be planned and (for some reason) was abandoned. This occurred between Legion and BFA.
    Okay. It's fine if you want to believe that, but you know you have absolutely zero evidence of that ever happening. It's nothing but wild, baseless speculation, treading dangerously close to "tinfoil hat" territory.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-06-02 at 02:29 PM.