Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Samitsu View Post
    well that's by far the most bland and boring cinematic to this date. I was like "meh" all the way through.
    Yeah me too. And the problem with this whole concept is that the Shadowlands looks like... Azeroth. Not in detail but in general. The afterlife is more of the same? we have to fight powerful baddies after choosing a faction... where have I heard that concept before???.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Only one thing is certain; The Jailer is the final boss, and in his corruption, must be killed, but like "there must always be... a Lich King", I'm sure "there must always be a Jailer" to maintain the natural order. The million dollar question now is, who will Blizzard choose as the new Jailer? Bolvar, Sylvanas, or the dark horse, Arthas? From a narrative point, Arthas would be cool, as he'd be the new Jailer of the Dead while Illidan is now Sargeras' jailer. Keeps the door open to re-visit two very popular characters any time they wish to dabble in the stories of Fel and Death. Bolvar should return to being Lich King, and Sylvanas should be thrown into The Maw to be tortured for all eternity. I just wrote the most satisfying ending to Shadowlands possibly imaginable.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
    Bold of you to assume this would be the most satisfying ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    ——sky

—-ground

——veil

—sky

—-ground
    Um... the sky is on either side of the veil, between it and the ground. It's a mirror.

Ground - sky - veil - sky - ground

That's why you see an upside down Torghast in the original Shadowlands cinematic, above ICC.
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

nightfae after that cinematic that made me cry.
    necrolord for badassery.

too bad blueguys sim the best -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I dunno... it felt pretty boring to me. Also, the Jailer looks kinda dumb, imo.
    He looks more than dumb.

It is amazing that Blizzard managed to make Jailer's face looks more retarded than Garrosh.

So far in wow, Garrosh has the most mentally challenged looking face. I think Jailer will surpass that undoubtedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Only one thing is certain; The Jailer is the final boss, and in his corruption, must be killed, but like "there must always be... a Lich King", I'm sure "there must always be a Jailer" to maintain the natural order. The million dollar question now is, who will Blizzard choose as the new Jailer? Bolvar, Sylvanas, or the dark horse, Arthas? From a narrative point, Arthas would be cool, as he'd be the new Jailer of the Dead while Illidan is now Sargeras' jailer. Keeps the door open to re-visit two very popular characters any time they wish to dabble in the stories of Fel and Death. Bolvar should return to being Lich King, and Sylvanas should be thrown into The Maw to be tortured for all eternity. I just wrote the most satisfying ending to Shadowlands possibly imaginable.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
    It will be Kerrigan.

How long before Kyrian wings as a flying mount

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    He looks more than dumb.

It is amazing that Blizzard managed to make Jailer's face looks more retarded than Garrosh.

So far in wow, Garrosh has the most mentally challenged looking face. I think Jailer will surpass that undoubtedly.
    No you guys, he is a badass evil doer, just trust blizz, look he is bald, muscular, heavy breathing, tposed in chains and has ORC TEETH!!!!!1111

Lovely looking cinematic. Still not sold on the look of jailer.

We 100% should of had Garrosh cameo in the Revendreath section.

Winter Queen has a rather long neck in that trailer.

Pretty trailer overall, but kinda bland.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Well, I had hoped we'd learn something more about the Jailer, you know - the big villain of the expansion - before the expansion launches. They decided otherwise, so he'll remain a failed villain in my book, no matter how they will make it up during the expansion.
    That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"They didn't spoil the entire story before the expansion comes out so the entire thing is a failure no matter what happens."

De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    The Jailer doesn't appear to be trying very hard to escape his chains... almost seems like he is pleased to be there..
    I think he's happy because he knows he'll have enough power/strengh to escape soon?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I need a full CGI cinematic with Bwonsamdi now <3

I love it. If once game graphics looked like this. I would give up on my real life and play. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    It will be Kerrigan.
    Sylvanas is similar to Kerrigan so I wouldn't be surprised if she somehow ended up redeemed and made into a goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I think he's happy because he knows he'll have enough power/strengh to escape soon?
    Interesting, I hadn't considered this.

Nice cinematic overall.. but jesus christ, the jailer looks so shitty and lame, like a C tier character in a mortal combat game.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Well, I had hoped we'd learn something more about the Jailer, you know - the big villain of the expansion - before the expansion launches. They decided otherwise, so he'll remain a failed villain in my book, no matter how they will make it up during the expansion.
    Maybe you will learn about him in game, you know SL hasn't released yet right ?

World of Diablo!!

For some reason I feel like it's more Diablo than WoW. Now the cinematics too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What exactly were you hoping to find out about him before the expansion launches?
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"They didn't spoil the entire story before the expansion comes out so the entire thing is a failure no matter what happens."
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    Maybe you will learn about him in game, you know SL hasn't released yet right ?
    Maybe something like some background story, role in a grand picture, motivations, you know - the bare minimum we've had with other expansion bosses? Something that actually gets you hyped for the end boss and pushes you forward? There's a reason people are more interested in his lackey (Sire), and there's a reason why the Maw is so uninteresting - they made a bad job at developing their main villain. Doing it in some content patch will be too late because he's the main baddie from the release.

Short but sweet. The winter queen and denathrius looked great, but still not sold on the jailor (prefer the concept art)

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nice cinematic overall.. but jesus christ, the jailer looks so shitty and lame, like a C tier character in a mortal combat game.
    honestly glad i'm not the only one that thought exactly that.