Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    I wonder if the first voice in the cinematic is supposed to be The Arbiter?
    according to the CC it's the Archon talking in the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    according to the CC it's the Archon talking in the beginning.
    Aw, lame.. would've been cooler if it was the Arbiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well that felt pretty pointless.
    Well, its point is not to give new information to people who follow the game closely, but rather entice new players to try it and old players to return.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2020-11-16 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Is it weird that the Jailer appears to be jailed? I can understand some kind of barrier preventing him from leaving, but it’s weird that the person in charge of keeping souls contained in the Maw is immobile.
    Other than that, I like the cinematic.
    exactly, thats the only thing in the cinematic that is kinda interesting.... all the souls are going to Maw, and yet for some reason the guy running the place is in chains....is Jailer jailed? :P

do we need to rescue him first to fight him, who knows, maybe he's actually the good guy - the plot twist. He and Arbiter actually got skrewed over by the Nethrazim, things got out of balance in Shadowlands....

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I did feel a lot of Diablo vibes though, its hard to recognise this as WoW.
    Theme-wise, sure - in fact it's one of the reasons Shadowlands is probably one of the expansions I'm least excited for.

But as far as the cinematic itself goes, to me it screams Warcraft III / Vanilla CGI cinematics.

The Jailor design looks less generic in CGI. Past that, not much to say, it's pretty and both the winter Queen and Denathrius are well summarized.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, is it only me who sees Natalie Portman in the Winter Queen? ._.

5+ Year Old Account
    CGI looks nice as always. The Jailor looks so much better here than he does in-game. I did feel a lot of Diablo vibes though, its hard to recognise this as WoW.
    It is the afterlife and that is pretty close to Diablo territory so it’s understandable for this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well that felt pretty pointless. The only new thing I gathered from that is that it looks like the Jailer used to be stuck in the same location the Runecarver is chained up in now.

Inb4 the Runecarver is the key behind this expansion. Also the Jailer does definitely look more daft in CG.
    you should mark that as a spoiler m8, i've seen it since i played the beta, but others might not have and dont want it spoiled for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Winter Queen is beautiful

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice!! Borat(c)

I think "Beyond the Veil" would be a better suiting name for the Expansion. Single word expansions freak me out XD And I loved Legion before someone says it's because Legion was this or that. Loved the cinematic though. It's a good step to getting hyped for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kornek21 View Post
    you should mark that as a spoiler m8, i've seen it since i played the beta, but others might not have and dont want it spoiled for them.
    You should also mark it as spoiler since you're quoting it. :P
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought the Bastion scene was a bit dramatic as well, but they definitely drew on a lot of the earlier cinematics for inspiration; I saw echoes from the Vanilla, BC, and Warlords trailers. And Denathrius chuckling as he chucks a soul into the Maw was a great touch. I remember someone making a thread that he should have been the main villain of the expansion, and I wonder if after we finish the raid we'll see more people echoing that sentiment.

I think the Jailer in chains is important, but I am not 100% sure why yet. I know he is free in the Maw, but maybe we get to find out how he became unchained, and I wonder if a certain blonde has something to do with it.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Looks awesome but... i dunno... i feel like it misses 'that thing' that other cinematics got.
    Maybe it is just too short...

Well it looks nice and all, but I wish there was more to it than "look at our CGI !!!".

If the shadowlands is upside down from the world, then how come the sky has clouds and stars in it??

10+ Year Old Account
    CGI looks nice as always. The Jailor looks so much better here than he does in-game. I did feel a lot of Diablo vibes though, its hard to recognise this as WoW.
    This looks like the best RTS game ever made, honestly I love this cinematic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Awsome, i am in love with Ardenweald

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    If the shadowlands is upside down from the world, then how come the sky has clouds and stars in it??

——sky

—-ground

——veil

—sky

—-ground