Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Major TBC vibes, and I’m digging it

This trailer is horrible. They could have saved themselves the money and not made anything. It just shows a handful of characters we don't know and have no reason to care about. I'm also not feeling this jailer guy at all, the most uninspired villain in the history of this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Well, its point is not to give new information to people who follow the game closely, but rather entice new players to try it and old players to return.
    If that was the goal of this cinematic then it was an utter failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very "meh."

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    I don't think he's jailed anymore, and this cinematic is timed before he broke his chains.

I could be wrong though.
    Which is still odd. The guy who is literally in charge of keeping souls imprisoned is himself imprisoned in such a way that he can’t actually stop them from escaping. It’s just an odd situation. Like I stated, just seems better if there had been just a barrier that keeps him there while he has free reign to actually imprison and torture souls.

The point of this trailer is to introduce some new characters and zones - that's it. It has a lot of the vanilla cinematics vibe, which I enjoy a lot - nostalgy probably kicks in.

Not great, think they should reserve cinematics for actually telling some kind of story or showing major plot developments. This was kind of nothing tbh, could've done with a machinima but then they kinda did that already as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    This trailer is horrible. They could have saved themselves the money and not made anything. It just shows a handful of characters we don't know and have no reason to care about. I'm also not feeling this jailer guy at all, the most uninspired villain in the history of this game.
    A cinematic does not have to show "characters we care about", Christie Golden.
    Similar to Vanilla or TBC ones, this trailer presents settings and characters you can find in these settings. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    If that was the goal of this cinematic then it was an utter failure.
    How have you reached that conclusion?

The Jailer looks like a Power Rangers villain...
    That face, I prefer the ingame model.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2020-11-16 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    How have you reached that conclusion?
    he's right...it fails if it's mission is to entice new players to join the game....there's not enough story to actually figure out what's going on, who the villains and good guys are and most importantly what your role will be in defeating the bad guys....are you in the spaceships or one of the throngs being bombed....do you get to throw people into the abyss or are you thrown to your supposed demise...someone that was unfamiliar with WoW, generally, and Shadowlands, in particular, would be left both pretty clueless as to what's going on here and uninspired to join.

10+ Year Old Account
    the scene transitions gave me Vanilla and TBC cinematic vibes, I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    he's right...it fails if it's mission is to entice new players to join the game....there's not enough story to actually figure out what's going on, who the villains and good guys are and most importantly what your role will be in defeating the bad guys....are you in the spaceships or one of the throngs being bombed....do you get to throw people into the abyss or are you thrown to your supposed demise...someone that was unfamiliar with WoW, generally, and Shadowlands, in particular, would be left both pretty clueless as to what's going on here and uninspired to join.
    Did you miss where the video says 'Shadowlands Launch Cinematic', if you want the 'entice' video then you gotta find the advertisement video, overview video, or the featurette video. Or if you want a story you have the story trailer...
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-11-16 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    That's why we have the reveal cinematic and all the little shorts. Jesus.

Superb CG as usual and nice trailer.

Still don’t get Necrolord sense, it really seems a mix of old assets packed together, maybe I’ll like them more when I’ll see them “live”.

Also hope that the humour vibes that permeated the old expansions (at least horde side, no idea about Alliance) won’t be totally lost, everything in this trailer seems really serious and 100% big drama.

The Jailer seems so pissed off, I hope he has a backstory a bit more fleshed out then 'bad guy is bad for bads sake'.

Also RIP Archon, no animation for you!

Not much in the way of story, but I liked that they just presented the different zones. All we learned is that the Jailer was locked up where the Runecarver is now, which adds if anything even more credence to the theory that he's the Primus and his punishment is an ironic one.

And yeah, the models look amazing and I refuse to believe they'd go through all the trouble of making all of these for a two minute long cinematic so there's more where that came from. The Winter Queen especially looks great, and the Jailer looks better than in the game.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

This whole affair reminds me of Michael J Sullivan's Age of Death (Book 5 of Legends of the First Empire).

But you can't play the book, so WOW it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    ——sky

—-ground

——veil

—sky

—-ground
    It's more like

--ground
    --sky
    --veil
    --sky
    --ground

It's not too egregious to think each plane has it's own center of gravity, therefore once you're up in the sky and past the veil, then the other side would pull you towards the ground on that side.

The question is, if we throw a cat into the veil, does it just spin around in place forever?

So the jailer is the one who is jailed? I don't get it.

Winter Queen <3

And Denathrius looks like the villain we deserve!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Jailer doesn't appear to be trying very hard to escape his chains... almost seems like he is pleased to be there..