Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    he's right...it fails if it's mission is to entice new players to join the game....there's not enough story to actually figure out what's going on, who the villains and good guys are and most importantly what your role will be in defeating the bad guys....are you in the spaceships or one of the throngs being bombed....do you get to throw people into the abyss or are you thrown to your supposed demise...someone that was unfamiliar with WoW, generally, and Shadowlands, in particular, would be left both pretty clueless as to what's going on here and uninspired to join.
    ???

It's a launch cinematic. Its "mission" is to look cool, not summarize the game's plot.

Only one thing is certain; The Jailer is the final boss, and in his corruption, must be killed, but like "there must always be... a Lich King", I'm sure "there must always be a Jailer" to maintain the natural order. The million dollar question now is, who will Blizzard choose as the new Jailer? Bolvar, Sylvanas, or the dark horse, Arthas? From a narrative point, Arthas would be cool, as he'd be the new Jailer of the Dead while Illidan is now Sargeras' jailer. Keeps the door open to re-visit two very popular characters any time they wish to dabble in the stories of Fel and Death. Bolvar should return to being Lich King, and Sylvanas should be thrown into The Maw to be tortured for all eternity. I just wrote the most satisfying ending to Shadowlands possibly imaginable.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

Souls have blood to drain..mm-mmm...Blue sky with clouds....mmm-mmm.....

well that's by far the most bland and boring cinematic to this date. I was like "meh" all the way through.

Jailor looks like an orc, could be Ner'zhul?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay. I think previous launch trailers were better, but this one is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    This trailer is horrible. They could have saved themselves the money and not made anything. It just shows a handful of characters we don't know and have no reason to care about. I'm also not feeling this jailer guy at all, the most uninspired villain in the history of this game.
    It's a trailer showing characters that you will soon know and have a reason to care about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    So the jailer is the one who is jailed? I don't get it.
    What exactly is there not to get?

"Evil imprisoned in realm X, is strong enough to rule realm X, eventually gets powerful enough to attempt to leave realm X" is a basic fantasy trope.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    agree, but I think they already talked about all factions in separate videos. Maybe there isn't any more info they can give out without spoiling too much for the players.
    Well, I had hoped we'd learn something more about the Jailer, you know - the big villain of the expansion - before the expansion launches. They decided otherwise, so he'll remain a failed villain in my book, no matter how they will make it up during the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Well, I had hoped we'd learn something more about the Jailer, you know - the big villain of the expansion - before the expansion launches. They decided otherwise, so he'll remain a failed villain in my book, no matter how they will make it up during the expansion.
    What exactly were you hoping to find out about him before the expansion launches?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

jailer looks like ed o'neill from married with children LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    I don't think he's jailed anymore, and this cinematic is timed before he broke his chains.

I could be wrong though.
    Thats the point as we see in Beta the Jailer is out there moving as he pleases. Its when things were fine(course he could of been plotting still) So basically he's still stuck in the cinematic but by the time SL is starting, he's not chained or restricted.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    This trailer is horrible. They could have saved themselves the money and not made anything. It just shows a handful of characters we don't know and have no reason to care about. I'm also not feeling this jailer guy at all, the most uninspired villain in the history of this game.

- - - Updated - - -

If that was the goal of this cinematic then it was an utter failure.
    A doctor would advise you to lower your salt intake. Also, you don't speak for the whole playerbase. Chill a bit, will you?

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Damn that was boring.... What was the point of this Cinematic?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Of course, the coolest one is the killeable baddie.

I dunno... it felt pretty boring to me. Also, the Jailer looks kinda dumb, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samitsu View Post
    well that's by far the most bland and boring cinematic to this date. I was like "meh" all the way through.
    Yeah me too. And the problem with this whole concept is that the Shadowlands looks like... Azeroth. Not in detail but in general. The afterlife is more of the same? we have to fight powerful baddies after choosing a faction... where have I heard that concept before???.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Only one thing is certain; The Jailer is the final boss, and in his corruption, must be killed, but like "there must always be... a Lich King", I'm sure "there must always be a Jailer" to maintain the natural order. The million dollar question now is, who will Blizzard choose as the new Jailer? Bolvar, Sylvanas, or the dark horse, Arthas? From a narrative point, Arthas would be cool, as he'd be the new Jailer of the Dead while Illidan is now Sargeras' jailer. Keeps the door open to re-visit two very popular characters any time they wish to dabble in the stories of Fel and Death. Bolvar should return to being Lich King, and Sylvanas should be thrown into The Maw to be tortured for all eternity. I just wrote the most satisfying ending to Shadowlands possibly imaginable.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
    Bold of you to assume this would be the most satisfying ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    ——sky

—-ground

——veil

—sky

—-ground
    Um... the sky is on either side of the veil, between it and the ground. It's a mirror.

Ground - sky - veil - sky - ground

That's why you see an upside down Torghast in the original Shadowlands cinematic, above ICC.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

nightfae after that cinematic that made me cry.
    necrolord for badassery.

too bad blueguys sim the best -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I dunno... it felt pretty boring to me. Also, the Jailer looks kinda dumb, imo.
    He looks more than dumb.

It is amazing that Blizzard managed to make Jailer's face looks more retarded than Garrosh.

So far in wow, Garrosh has the most mentally challenged looking face. I think Jailer will surpass that undoubtedly.