Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Only one thing is certain; The Jailer is the final boss, and in his corruption, must be killed, but like "there must always be... a Lich King", I'm sure "there must always be a Jailer" to maintain the natural order. The million dollar question now is, who will Blizzard choose as the new Jailer? Bolvar, Sylvanas, or the dark horse, Arthas? From a narrative point, Arthas would be cool, as he'd be the new Jailer of the Dead while Illidan is now Sargeras' jailer. Keeps the door open to re-visit two very popular characters any time they wish to dabble in the stories of Fel and Death. Bolvar should return to being Lich King, and Sylvanas should be thrown into The Maw to be tortured for all eternity. I just wrote the most satisfying ending to Shadowlands possibly imaginable.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
    It will be Kerrigan.

How long before Kyrian wings as a flying mount

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    He looks more than dumb.

It is amazing that Blizzard managed to make Jailer's face looks more retarded than Garrosh.

So far in wow, Garrosh has the most mentally challenged looking face. I think Jailer will surpass that undoubtedly.
    No you guys, he is a badass evil doer, just trust blizz, look he is bald, muscular, heavy breathing, tposed in chains and has ORC TEETH!!!!!1111

Lovely looking cinematic. Still not sold on the look of jailer.

We 100% should of had Garrosh cameo in the Revendreath section.

Winter Queen has a rather long neck in that trailer.

Pretty trailer overall, but kinda bland.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Well, I had hoped we'd learn something more about the Jailer, you know - the big villain of the expansion - before the expansion launches. They decided otherwise, so he'll remain a failed villain in my book, no matter how they will make it up during the expansion.
    That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"They didn't spoil the entire story before the expansion comes out so the entire thing is a failure no matter what happens."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    The Jailer doesn't appear to be trying very hard to escape his chains... almost seems like he is pleased to be there..
    I think he's happy because he knows he'll have enough power/strengh to escape soon?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I need a full CGI cinematic with Bwonsamdi now <3

5+ Year Old Account
    I love it. If once game graphics looked like this. I would give up on my real life and play. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    It will be Kerrigan.
    Sylvanas is similar to Kerrigan so I wouldn't be surprised if she somehow ended up redeemed and made into a goddess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I think he's happy because he knows he'll have enough power/strengh to escape soon?
    Interesting, I hadn't considered this.

Nice cinematic overall.. but jesus christ, the jailer looks so shitty and lame, like a C tier character in a mortal combat game.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

World of Diablo!!

For some reason I feel like it's more Diablo than WoW. Now the cinematics too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What exactly were you hoping to find out about him before the expansion launches?
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"They didn't spoil the entire story before the expansion comes out so the entire thing is a failure no matter what happens."
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    Maybe you will learn about him in game, you know SL hasn't released yet right ?
    Maybe something like some background story, role in a grand picture, motivations, you know - the bare minimum we've had with other expansion bosses? Something that actually gets you hyped for the end boss and pushes you forward? There's a reason people are more interested in his lackey (Sire), and there's a reason why the Maw is so uninteresting - they made a bad job at developing their main villain. Doing it in some content patch will be too late because he's the main baddie from the release.

Short but sweet. The winter queen and denathrius looked great, but still not sold on the jailor (prefer the concept art)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nice cinematic overall.. but jesus christ, the jailer looks so shitty and lame, like a C tier character in a mortal combat game.
    honestly glad i'm not the only one that thought exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    he's right...it fails if it's mission is to entice new players to join the game....there's not enough story to actually figure out what's going on, who the villains and good guys are and most importantly what your role will be in defeating the bad guys....are you in the spaceships or one of the throngs being bombed....do you get to throw people into the abyss or are you thrown to your supposed demise...someone that was unfamiliar with WoW, generally, and Shadowlands, in particular, would be left both pretty clueless as to what's going on here and uninspired to join.
    When was story ever the main thing that enticed new players to join the game? For the people who care about the story you have the story shorts and story cinematics and books, not short cinematic trailers.

All it really has to do to entice is look nice/interesting/cool, which is highly subjective.

You can, of course, defend that it doesn't - but that's entirely based on your perception of it, with no real factual data on whether or not it will attract the average player.

What I can say, though, is that it's very similar to the original (vanilla) cinematic trailer, which certainly didn't prevent WoW from being a huge success.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2020-11-17 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Is it weird that the Jailer appears to be jailed? I can understand some kind of barrier preventing him from leaving, but it’s weird that the person in charge of keeping souls contained in the Maw is immobile.
    Other than that, I like the cinematic.
    As others have said it's probably before he got released. However I think him being "jailed" is sort of him working as an anchor to keep maw in control. Symbolism and all that. Being the Jailor is most likely not a pleasant job and could even be granted as a punishment and now "death machine" broke and he's free using the Maw to enact his revenge.

I'm not the biggest lore person there is, by a long shot so a lot of what I said could be dead wrong by information that's already been released. Just my initial reaction since blizzard tends to enjoy symbolism.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

this one makes me reconsider the covenant lol)
    i feel like a little kid again, thank you blizz
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    The Jailer doesn't appear to be trying very hard to escape his chains... almost seems like he is pleased to be there..
    Hey man, dont kinkshame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    As others have said it's probably before he got released. However I think him being "jailed" is sort of him working as an anchor to keep maw in control. Symbolism and all that. Being the Jailor is most likely not a pleasant job and could even be granted as a punishment and now "death machine" broke and he's free using the Maw to enact his revenge.

I'm not the biggest lore person there is, by a long shot so a lot of what I said could be dead wrong by information that's already been released. Just my initial reaction since blizzard tends to enjoy symbolism.
    No, I understand what you and others are stating, but as I replied to them also, it’s still weird that the person in charge of confining and punishing/torturing souls is not even able to move. That one image actually makes it seem like there is someone above him to even have the ability to imprison and bind him in such a way.
    My head canon and all just thinks it would have made more sense and have been better if he was imprisoned in the Maw by some kind of barrier preventing him from leaving or expanding his influence. The power of all the souls he gained from Sylvanas is what is allowing him to leave or branch his power outwards.