Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

M+ Warlock Season 1

Reading this analysis,
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/mythic-dps-tier-list
    should i just delete my warlock?(*) Probably no one will invite a warlock if any other s/a or b tier class is available (and this will be 99% of time).
    What is your opinion? Can we expect buffs 'til S1 beginning? Or am i overdramatizing?

(*) alt character restoration shaman, not better...

While you aren't wrong that a lot of people are going to go watch tippy-top tier players and try to invite only the classes they see in those groups, if you actually listen to what they say on stream it's usually something along the lines of "this is how it looks like specs will perform on the high end, but you should really play what you enjoy"

A well played warlock provides a ton of utility for groups and destro is still solid damage. But if you don't consider yourself someone who really likes to try and minmax the play (just the gameplay, you don't have to minmax your stats and make spreadsheets about where items drop), warlock might fall flat in M+. You really have to be looking for opportunities to dispel with your imp, devour magic with fel puppy, place good gateways for the whole group, etc to make yourself shine next to the S and A faceroll specs that just blast meters. If you can earn a reputation as someone who is going to make the dungeon way easier by being a mechanic-handling badass, you'll get invites on any class and spec up until the very highest levels of keys.
    Also, you can put in a subtle reminder note that you bring that sweet sweet brez goodness, a lot of people forget it. (Just don't whisper it though, that looks desperate!)

Finally, don't be afraid to start your own group. When you do, don't be the guy who only takes the S and A tiers :P
    Last edited by Spazzix; 2020-11-11 at 01:48 PM.
    SorryNotSorry

Quote Originally Posted by Eme View Post
    Reading this analysis,
    should i just delete my warlock?(*) Probably no one will invite a warlock if any other s/a or b tier class is available (and this will be 99% of time).
    What is your opinion? Can we expect buffs 'til S1 beginning? Or am i overdramatizing?

it depends on what you are looking for. Aff is unlikely to ever be great in M+ in SL just due to how the spec works, it's better than BFA but still has very little if any upfront damage so will suffer more than most until very high keys. If destro and demo are tuned okay they could be decent but it's too early to tell. Right now lock is looking pretty weak compared to most and being a ranged hurts it even more but tuning isnt done!

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzix View Post
    if you actually listen to what they say on stream it's usually something along the lines of "this is how it looks like specs will perform on the high end, but you should really play what you enjoy"
    Oh yes, playing what you enjoy WORKED SO WELL IN BFA FOR AFFLICTION.

Warlock is the literally the worst class for M+ in Season 1.

Deal with it and reroll if you want to be competitive in M+.

Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    I seriously question the sanity of anyone who enjoys playing affliction in m+ :P
    Needing 10x the actions per minute of other classes, just to keep your dots up on every trash mob and having no AoE burst always felt masochistic to me.
    TFW pressing 200 keys as affliction does less damage than 1 eye beam. What a game.

Play what you want and form your own groups off your keys. Problem solved.

If you plan on pushing mad keys than yeah,a bad spec isnt worth it,but if all you do is play for the gear rewards,than just play what you enjoy and thats it...my main is a resto shaman,the worst m+ healer by a mile,and i could pug +15/16/17 every week wiwth no issues,got instant invites most of the time,people doing 15's for the gear often wont even care about score,just your ilvl,the only people who care about io score are +5 tryhards and the guys wwho push rly high

Noooooo Blizzard nooo we're only top tier in 2/3ds of the end game IT'S NOT FAIR.

Ok but seriously. If you're looking to push keys as you main source of endgame content lock's not the play. That's just that same if you want to focus on mythic raiding WW monk probably isn't the play or if you want to push arena rank MM isn't the play.*
    If all you want to do is a couple of +15s a week, sure you're going to have to wait longer then the monk but you'll be preferentially taken to raids. It's swings and roundabouts and based on what your focus is.

*Of course, noting this is all subject to change via balance patches and tier scaling.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Eme View Post
    Reading this analysis,

Didn't you read this?

This list will be updated as new tuning and class changes come out leading up to the release of Shadowlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Noooooo Blizzard nooo we're only top tier in 2/3ds of the end game IT'S NOT FAIR.

Ok but seriously. If you're looking to push keys as you main source of endgame content lock's not the play. That's just that same if you want to focus on mythic raiding WW monk probably isn't the play or if you want to push arena rank MM isn't the play.*
    If all you want to do is a couple of +15s a week, sure you're going to have to wait longer then the monk but you'll be preferentially taken to raids. It's swings and roundabouts and based on what your focus is.

*Of course, noting this is all subject to change via balance patches and tier scaling.
    Go into your class forum, Mr. Windwalker and complain about your shit SPEC there. This is the WARLOCK forum, a CLASS, NOT A SPEC.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Go into your class forum, Mr. Windwalker and complain about your shit SPEC there. This is the WARLOCK forum, a CLASS, NOT A SPEC.
    1. I play a lock not a monk
    2. Still seems like if you want to play this CLASS pushing super high-end mythic keys without a premade will be harder than it would be for a monk.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-11-17 at 01:32 PM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    I seriously question the sanity of anyone who enjoys playing affliction in m+ :P
    Needing 10x the actions per minute of other classes, just to keep your dots up on every trash mob and having no AoE burst always felt masochistic to me.
    I actually enjoy this play style since Cata, still on my Afflock. The only thing I miss is Soul Swap from MoP.

When i see this kind of posts i just think it's only a PR move to make Blizzard buff warlocks. We have 3 dps specs. One will do something believe me!
    "Nobody will invite a warlock in m+". You just do your own key! People will join regardless your skill or other class weaknesses.
    Now if you you'd like to be competitive then you'll just have to reroll for first month and a half i guess.

Sure we will get invited. Not as much as the FOTM m+ class, but still. Then again, with the change to m+ item level and the weekly chest, it's not really necessary to play m+ anymore. So you only want to play m+ if you have fun in it and if WL is not fun for you in m+ then don't play it!

Also Affliction will probably be sought after in tyrannical weeks. And if the sow the seed build becomes viable, you even have some form of AoE burst for low keys. In general it will depend on the Meta. Warlocks are not really target capped, so if doing AoE pulls still proves strong we will outshine all of the classes, that had their AoE capped in prepatch.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-11-19 at 10:03 AM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sooner or later Demo's damage will be above average and it will be S-A Tier M+ DPS Specc.
    Aff and Destro will be just fine. This Tier list will be useless once 2021 starts.

I have 2 wls on 50 and they don't seem very strong compared to other classes.
    If you pvp or Raid WL will be fine.

Really missing the affliction legion days where we had Drain soul selfhealing which helped alot with our survivability.

UA being limited to 1 target in Shadowlands is borderline retarded. Should be able to keep up 3 Unstable Afflictions at least.

They aint fixing this??

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    If you pvp or Raid WL will be fine.
    bahahahahahaha.

You should go on the road with comedy that good.