Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's both boring and irritating. I wish I could turn it off and just play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylanthia View Post
    I had the same experience and it was annoying. I just wanted to unlock Nathanos on an alt--not sure why a mandatory questline took you to a place where the zombie event was.
    There's no compulsory questline for it. Just go there. The questline is only there if you want currency for killing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I haven't been infected yet, but I keep getting randomly flagged for PvP which is annoying as hell, despite having it and warmode off.

Well I finished the questline on my main. I might get the achievment on some of my more valuable alts as well, but there isn't much to do otherwise.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-11-18 at 02:15 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Well, sine you have to turn Warmode on to be a part of it, there won't be any complaining that didnt already occur when that was announced.
    I haven't turned on war mode since the event began and I've been attacked by ghouls, flagged by setting foot in Orgrimmar, and been attacked by Alliance raids Icecrown because I didn't notice I had been flagged.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylanthia View Post
    I had the same experience and it was annoying. I just wanted to unlock Nathanos on an alt--not sure why a mandatory questline took you to a place where the zombie event was.
    The only zombies you are required to kill are normal NPC scourge attacking Darkshire, no player scourge involved.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    The only zombies you are required to kill are normal NPC scourge attacking Darkshire, no player scourge involved.
    there is player scourge though if you are "lucky" enough to play on a server with dedicated trolls who literally run on foot to Crossroads or Darkshire, while turning npc's into zombies along the way, for the sole reason of making that part of the quest extremely annoying to do. there are no argent healers in either of these towns at least not that I have seen, so if you are infected? you re turning. killing yourself to go back to keep doing the quest results in both repair bills AND resurrection cooldown timer which slows you down even more. trying to avoid the wrong zombies is all but impossible. oh and when you are turned into zombie - mobs you have to kill for the quest become friendly to you, so to go back to killing them, you HAVE to respawn.

it is still possible to finish that leg of the quest, but its extremely tedious and VERY annoying.

autoflag should have never been a part of this event. they should have kept it to warmode only.

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    Didn't notice anything other than my PVP flag being enabled a couple of times through no action of my own (that I was aware of). I only go to Org with a bank alt now that I've finished the Death's Rising achievement so I'd guess I'd never interact with whatever the event is for the rest of the week.

Not a fan of anything that enables PVP flag surreptitiously but given that nothing really happened after.... meh... (also, stay off my lawn)
    Same. Passed through Orgrimmar to reach Icecrown, got flagged without noticing, and was a sitting duck for Alliance camping the rares.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    guys knock it off with the insults, backhanded quips and bickering please
    i agree. the whining needs to stop. it's so immature, childish, and annoying as hell. keep it on the wow forums. not here
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Ya'll must play on some unimaginative servers. So far, it's near impossible to do the anniversary trivia because 1) opposing faction is camping the portal zone in and killing people on sight and 2) zombies are infecting everyone at the trivia NPCs. I thought I was being smart by taking a gryphon from SW to BB (going to CoT the long way), but PVP flag remained in transit, so arrived in BB still flagged. Zombies all over BB, even on the boat to Ratchet.

Literally everyone who was clustered together to kill Patchwerk in the cave in Icecrown was infected by a zombie and, thanks to all of us being turned before Patchwerk died, none of us got any loot. PvP flags persist through death as well, so many who resed were immediately cut down by opposing faction. Super fun. /s Can't even defend yourself against the zombies since hitting one flags you.

Look, I enjoyed the previous iteration of this event, but it didn't PvP flag you and I don't recall it extending beyond Goldshire at most. Most of the trolling was limited to the bank and auction houses, which just meant you had to go to another city for awhile. Thanks to everything being concentrated in SW and Org and the portals in other city hubs being removed, it's not realistic to avoid either especially as they're essential to completing Death's Rising.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You could do that for years without anyone bothering you. Give the people who like this kind of stuff a week to enjoy it. It's not much.
    How about blizzard doesn't inflict everyone with playstyles that only a few enjoy?

At the bare minimum this event should have been locked to war mode. At best it should be a specific NPC you talk to to manually opt in to the event. Letting players grief and troll like this was a horrible design descision.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-11-18 at 06:31 AM.

Didn’t see any, did the new quests, flew about org got bored and logged out..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got way to much work going on and this event doesnt give me anything I want, so no reason realy to log in that much.

Quite tame to be honest. I think the nerfs to the event from the PTR have ruined it.

A lot of potential for great shenanigans, but healers everywhere makes anything that is uncoordinated almost impossible.

3+ Year Old Account
    Well, it does make for interesting roleplay. So yes, I'd say?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    I miss Legion gameplay

I got infected on an alt when going to Orgrimmar yesterday. Found an argent camp and had it dispelled. Didn't really experience much else of phase 2.

Thankfully only missing 2 plate items from ICC rares and I'll be completely done with everything collectable this event. Unfortunately 1 of those are from Bronjahm, which limits my chances at multiple kills every spawn, but at least I finally got the bag on my main and don't have to care about him in that regard.

Will probably stop going to Icecrown entirely once I've collected the last plate appearances as I imagine it'll be toxic central during phase 2. Can't imagine doing Nathanos during week 2 will be much fun either.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

7+ Year Old Account
    During the wrath of the lich king event I was "that guy" who tried to get as many people at the shattrath portal location as I could. This time around I've been flying around killing all of the vile scum attempting to plague our cities. Using my spriest to dispatch as many as I can while cleansing by friends of disease and stunning the ghouls as they attempt to explode and spread their rot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The cities are flooded with the walking dead and they care not to relent
    for the argent crusade and the knights of the ebon blade they fight all they can for the knees that shall not be bent
    enter stormwind and orgrimmar with your steel in your grasp or potent magic within you hand if you so dare
    Donno yet. Today wow updated and now my addons are flooding lua errors and breaking at every turn
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I like it! Its fun to do for 20 minuten, and im glad i can Just fly away from it with ease! So, Kudos to blizz, i like it