Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have trouble believing most of these posts about being banned. Warden only cares about what directly interacts with wow. If you are not using automated macros latched unto wow then I highly doubt you will have any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    I have trouble believing most of these posts about being banned. Warden only cares about what directly interacts with wow. If you are not using automated macros latched unto wow then I highly doubt you will have any issues.
    Yes I agree. Been using Razer macros for years with no issue.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaulton05 View Post
    Personally I have used Razer Repeater Macros for years with no issues.
    The way I’ve always understood it is 1 Button Press = 1 Action.
    Repeater Macros are fine. Sequence Macros are not, such as the addon “Gnomesequencer Enhanced”.

Repeater Macro Example: Hold 1 down to repeat Sinister Strike on (0.5) second intervals or w.e the GCD is. Or set it to toggle - Hit 1 then release and it spams sinister strike on interval until 1 is pressed again to cancel.

Sequence Example: Press 1 - Change to battle stance, cast thunder clap, wait 1s and then changes back to defensive, cast demo shout. This is 1 keypress = multiple actions

Ability = Action

As long as you aren’t using more than 1 ability per macro is the rule of thumb

Using a macro to spam Sinister Strike for example is still 1 key to 1 action - you are repeating the same action. The moment I put an Eviscerate in at the 10 second mark it becomes a sequencer. There was an old post somewhere from Blizzard stating their logic/justification. I remember part of it had to do with repeater macros being utilized by physically handicapped players.

I have heard many say that “action” actually means GCD. I don’t believe that is accurate. In any case I’ve never had any issues and most abilities on my bars are repeater macros. For example on my mage I can press down 1 for frostbolt and just hold it down to continually cast frostbolts until oom. If warden was going to trip it would have by now.

pretty sure that isn't allowed. wether you got caught or not is another story.

but it's suppose to be 1 button press = 1 action. repeating the same action is not 1 action it's multiple actions, it's right there in the word repeat.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    pretty sure that isn't allowed. wether you got caught or not is another story.

but it's suppose to be 1 button press = 1 action. repeating the same action is not 1 action it's multiple actions, it's right there in the word repeat.

Warden would have tripped if this were the case. Wouldn’t be hard to detect. Again, 1 action does not mean 1 GCD as common sense would suggest. It actually means the ability. They have no issue with you repeating the same action aka ability, the problem is multiple actions/abilities per key press. I’ll say it again... say it with me v e r y s l o w l y ... A c t i o n = A b i l i t y - G o do A GoOgLe SeArcH
    Last edited by Vaulton05; 2020-11-20 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warden would have tripped if this were the case. Wouldn’t be hard to detect.
    I mean. I know people who have botted without being banned. Warden isn't the end all be all of detecting things.

say it with me v e r y s l o w l y ... A c t i o n = A b i l i t y - G o do A GoOgLe SeArcH
    say it with me v e r y s l o w l y ... A c t i o n = 1 A b i l i t y - G o do A GoOgLe SeArcH

It doesn't say 1 action = 1 ability repeated....
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2020-11-20 at 03:18 AM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    but it's suppose to be 1 button press = 1 action
    I have some doubt about this "rule". I may be wrong, but while I read it a lot from players, I never saw an official post saying that.

When I got my razer naga, I wanted to try somes macros with it (including some multiple action macro with delay). Since I wasn't sure if that was considered botting, I putted a ticket asking exactly what I wanted (in that exemple, an movement key, a delay and then an ability, so two distinct action), and they responded me that this was ok, as long as I was behind the keyboard and that I was the one pressing the key. In the end I didn't use this macro because it wasn't really useful, but the answer was interesting, dont think there was a misunderstanding about what I ask.

Do you have a link to an official post about the "1 press = 1 action"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorcall View Post
    I have some doubt about this "rule". I may be wrong, but while I read it a lot from players, I never saw an official post saying that.

When I got my razer naga, I wanted to try somes macros with it (including some multiple action macro with delay). Since I wasn't sure if that was considered botting, I putted a ticket asking exactly what I wanted (in that exemple, an movement key, a delay and then an ability, so two distinct action), and they responded me that this was ok, as long as I was behind the keyboard and that I was the one pressing the key. In the end I didn't use this macro because it wasn't really useful, but the answer was interesting, dont think there was a misunderstanding about what I ask.

It's been said multiple time when they talk about multiboxing. I'm in the middle of too much stuff to find a link atm. but that they said that statment isn't really disputed.

And to end the part about mouse/keyboard macros.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nned/535923/16

Quote Originally Posted by Thorcall View Post

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...and-semantics/

Found you a second one that specifically says it as that first one only hints at it

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...rs-to-buttons/
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-11-20 at 03:56 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...and-semantics/

Found you a second one that specifically says it as that first one only hints at it

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...rs-to-buttons/

Seems legit, two Blizzard employees with contradicting understandings. Again.. I have used repeater macros for years, no warden trip, no ban. Going to go use some right now actually. Come at me Blizz. One of my favorites is making a space bar macro that repeats when held down, works good with the lava jump weakaura. Enjoy your carpal tunnel.
    Last edited by Vaulton05; 2020-11-20 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems legit, two Blizzard employees with contradicting understandings. Again.. I have used repeater macros for years, no warden trip, no ban. Going to go use some right now actually. Come at me Blizz. One of my favorites is making a space bar macro that repeats when held down, works good with the lava jump weakaura. Enjoy your carpal tunnel.
    Literally neither of them contradict each other. The top one says one button one action. The bottom one says one key (button) per action. I mean you can keep stretching or chest pounding with "Come at me Blizz" but all it does is make you look like a fool.

On thread, i have used Razer since the release of the gen 1 Naga, and still do, as does my wife. We have not received any warnings, nor has any guildie received anything. We had one guild member a warning but he was using a keyboard emulation software to control 2 druids for herb farming. My guild also averages about 350-420 players a day at various times.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Imagine gettting banned for having a certain brand of mouse/keyboard, Blizzard must be getting desperate.
    oh come on dude, you are reaching here af. I hope you are being sarcastic.

Enjoy your carpal tunnel.
    Guess talk to me in another 30 years of gaming lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Literally neither of them contradict each other. The top one says one button one action. The bottom one says one key (button) per action. I mean you can keep stretching or chest pounding with "Come at me Blizz" but all it does is make you look like a fool.

On thread, i have used Razer since the release of the gen 1 Naga, and still do, as does my wife. We have not received any warnings, nor has any guildie received anything. We had one guild member a warning but he was using a keyboard emulation software to control 2 druids for herb farming. My guild also averages about 350-420 players a day at various times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post

He seems to think warden is some super program that catches EVERYTHING. In reality it barely catches anything and it's the actions in game that get people caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    I think it's dumb after all these years it's no longer allowed, it must be cutting into their bottom line somehow now.
    Umm how? Infracting people for it is costing them money...I'm sure there have been hundreds to thousands of accounts deactivated because they can't multibox anymore

They stop allowing it because it's cheap and gives a unfair advantage

It's not entirely impossible that something like a keylogger could trigger warden's new scan.

Not the likeliest cause, but if you've tried ruling out everything else, maybe worth keeping in mind.

Crazy it even happened. Hope it was a rare auto flag fluke.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO