Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    From the mage discord, nightfae is the best atm.

There is a lot of classes where they are close enough that you can choose. Nightfae has situations where its far ahead of the others in for example fire openers or arcane in general.
    I misread your post and confused Kyrian with Nightfae, sorry. You're right, Nightfae is for Mages mostly the best Covenant (for Rogues in cases too, but that's about the Nightfae's "best" status overall).

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, Blizzard just completely destroyed any point Pelagos had to be taken, so many people have to reconsider which Covenant to take, as it won't be Kyrian anymore for most classes / specs.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I am playing BM and WW Monk, so Kyrian will be my best choice, even after the big nerf on Pelagos by making it a stupid spell dmg reduction, the Cov ability is just pure good for WW Monk in Arena. I tested Venthyr/NF/Necro and it just does not fit well with Monk.

Also it feels like a Monk class should be with Kyrian.

Im most likely going night fae on my DH with my alts planned out around the other cov to mainly do their story lines and get gear looks. And while i know a night fae cant use say kyrian armor look now, blizz could change that down the line once we are deeper into shadowlands or even next expac. Really at this point its go with which ever one you enjoy using. If you feel like you have more control of one ability over another then go for it. Think its only the world first guys that will fully penny pinch on the cov and possibly get smacked in the face when more 'fine tuning' comes down the line. And as Blizz said many times you can pick one and then change it right after if you really dont like it. Just going back will be a hassle.

Pelagos getting trashed is actually a nerf to some classes also, the ones which are dead set on taking Kyrian because of the class ability regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I misread your post and confused Kyrian with Nightfae, sorry. You're right, Nightfae is for Mages mostly the best Covenant (for Rogues in cases too, but that's about the Nightfae's "best" status overall).

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, Blizzard just completely destroyed any point Pelagos had to be taken, so many people have to reconsider which Covenant to take, as it won't be Kyrian anymore for most classes / specs.
    Luckily for me it just cements Nightfae as the right choice(for now at least)

Now im mage and i will ventyr

But wont abandon my paladin and with him i will kyrian for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    Now im mage and i will ventyr

But wont abandon my paladin and with him i will kyrian for sure
    Would you elaborate on why? That covenant ability is SO boring to me

Most people see the covenants as fire and forget spells and simply want the one that helps them the most in their chosen content. Much like how every other talent is.

I intend to just pick whichever "theme" feels like it "fits" each Class the best. So Necrolord for my Death Knight, Kyrian if I ever get around to leveling my old Paladin... I'm thinking Ven'thyr for my Blood Elf Mage.

Just aesthetic. Mage looking like a vampire to me is really nice. But covenant ability for mage is just lazy tbh (on pve)
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.

I’ll pick whatever sims best, I have a Panda shaman and lore wise they are just ALL horrible picks.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I’ll pick whatever sims best, I have a Panda shaman and lore wise they are just ALL horrible picks.
    lorewise pandaren shamans are horrible lol xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    I also have a maxed Tauren shaman and a maxed Mag’har shaman, besides the “cuteness” of Pandas, no covenant fits shamans as a class anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, no. I don't really play at a high enough level for my covenant to matter overmuch, so I'll be playing based on character rp or personal preference.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    Just aesthetic. Mage looking like a vampire to me is really nice. But covenant ability for mage is just lazy tbh (on pve)
    Thats fair. The Nightfae ability, besides being the best numericly atm(at least for fire and arcane) is also kind of interesting to use because it actually changes up your normal gameplay by reducing cooldowns.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No, I'll do it for the mog and because the ability can be at least used somewhat decently by all specs. The alternative would be going full on specialization for only one spec and I don't trust Blizzard to not fuck me over 2 weeks after launch for that. If that turns out to be a massively detrimental descision then I'll just stop giving Blizzard my money until they fix their shit. I'm not hurting for games to play right now and the interest in wow of my guild is waning anyway.

That is the case for almost all my characters, with 1 or 2 exceptions, because I want at least one with the necrolols, despite most of their art being dog shit. I might sacrifice my warlock for that.. the caster armor doesn't look that bad and the ability is, well. workable (far from good though last I checked). While the Plate armor looks okay-ish as well, I simply don't want to be stuck with slappy-hands. That spell is fun in a couple of niche cases but most of the time it's just underwhelming.

In gernal most of my choices will end up being compromises that won't make me happy in the slightest. Great system Blizzard has going here.
    I like Necrolords for warlock because of that green crystal back transmog they get. Green make warlock look good :B

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    Why is that? Monks are Shamans draw on the same power source and the Pandaren mentality meshes well with that of a Shaman!

If the sims say so, yes.

Thats fair. The Nightfae ability, besides being the best numericly atm(at least for fire and arcane) is also kind of interesting to use because it actually changes up your normal gameplay by reducing cooldowns.
    If i feel a big difference on dps i will just change. The problem is when bliz nerf.

Serious, those covenant idea was so stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    I like Necrolords for warlock because of that green crystal back transmog they get. Green make warlock look good :B
    Like with everything in WoW I have issues with the green because Blizzard insists on never using the same color palette twice for anything. When my warlock rocks the awsome antorus mythic set, I just can't stand how the soul shards flying above have a different shade of green and most weapons have another shade of fel green. The back crystal would just make that a 4th mismatched shade of green..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Thread probably needs closed or renamed since they just nerfed Pelagos, which is what made the covenant so good. 2 potency conduits while still having access to his best soulbind is what made him so strong. Most others have an endurance or finesse final soulbind if you pick the 2nd potency conduit.