Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Considering the "best" will change multiple times through the expansion it wont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Nope, I will pick Kyrian at launch because they're the coolest looking, and most original Covenant! Angels rule!

Venthyr are a close second.
    Plus there is a dark variation the the wings that are in the game files which would rock on my DK haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    i stopped caring about min - maxing at the end of mop so me and my wife will just level pretty slowly in ardenveald.

don't even care about the possible benefits etc.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They nerfing Kyrian according to wowhead, https://www.wowhead.com/news=319214/...eirmir-changes

Also nerfing necros too, which is a moot point cause I was gonna go vampires on my forsaken sp who’s quite dapper.

I will choose Kyrian as Enhancement Shaman due to Vesper totem being the only "real" option. As a side note, I have absolute no wish to be Kyrian. Sucks to be me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i stopped caring about min - maxing at the end of mop so me and my wife will just level pretty slowly in ardenveald.

don't even care about the possible benefits etc.
    What does it have to do with min/maxing? Most Covenant abilities are awful while some are really good for certain specs. I dont want to play 2 years gimping myself to that degree. We arent talking small amounts or "1%". Covenant abilities are important to anyone doing relevant content not just "Mysthic Raiders".

3+ Year Old Account
    Aaaand it was nerfed, just as everyone predicted.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

it was kind of too good
    because most soulbinds only have like 1 good output ability and pelagos had 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    What does it have to do with min/maxing? Most Covenant abilities are awful while some are really good for certain specs. I dont want to play 2 years gimping myself to that degree. We arent talking small amounts or "1%". Covenant abilities are important to anyone doing relevant content not just "Mysthic Raiders".
    hint : read the first, 24th and 26th words i wrote again.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Yes sir, i have your op kyrian covenant right here.
    I'll give you a double potency, double dps trait on top.
    Aaaaand its gone

Nope, I will pick Kyrian at launch because they're the coolest looking, and most original Covenant! Angels rule!
    Did you just say most original...for kyrian ? Perspective man

Nah. I won't let 1% DPS difference dictate my choice. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Are they the most original? Literal angels in a heaven-like afterlife. Wouldn't call that very original.
    Well, original in WoW. All the other covenants have creatures we've seen like woodland creatures, more undead, vampires, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Did you just say most original...for kyrian ? Perspective man
    Not sure how they are any less original than the other 3.
    We get greco-roman angels, cheap scourge rip-off, druidic fairies, gothic vampires. They are all about as uncreative as it gets. If you try to excuse your personal preference by something like "bland" or "original" you are just deluding yourself. Just be honest with yourself and admit that you want to be an endglord tween vamp, an 8-year old's idea of what a metal cover should look like or you like fairies, no shame in that.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-11-19 at 12:25 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Well, original in WoW. All the other covenants have creatures we've seen like woodland creatures, more undead, vampires, etc.
    Wow doesnt have angels and greek themes?

Ever seen the titans?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Wow doesnt have angels and greek themes?

Ever seen the titans?
    All right, I'm biased because I grew up exposed to Greek myth and angels. There!

I'd say fairies and vampires are more original to WoW than angels. We've had Val'kyr since WotLK and spirit healers since Classic.

The only vampire like creatures we've seen so far are the San'layn and those pirates in Stormheim. The Night Fae look like the purple emerald dream, but I do think this is the first time they do anything with fairies or fairy like creatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hyped AF for kyrian because of the wings... but that changed when i saw they arent attached to your character back..it's...miserable thing that floats behind your character back...ew..

Only thing that keeps me interested on this covenant, as hunter so far, is the resonating arrow and weapon mog

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Not sure how they are any less original than the other 3.
    We get greco-roman angels, cheap scourge rip-off, druidic fairies, gothic vampires. They are all about as uncreative as it gets. If you try to excuse your personal preference by something like "bland" or "original" you are just deluding yourself. Just be honest with yourself and admit that you want to be an endglord tween vamp, an 8-year old's idea of what a metal cover should look like or you like fairies, no shame in that.
    There is so much salt in this post its unreal lol.

Someone's new to the idea that fantasy takes from fantasy it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I'd say fairies and vampires are more original to WoW than angels. We've had Val'kyr since WotLK and spirit healers since Classic.

The only vampire like creatures we've seen so far are the San'layn and those pirates in Stormheim. The Night Fae look like the purple emerald dream, but I do think this is the first time they do anything with fairies or fairy like creatures.
    We have had Mal'ganis since wc3 bro.
    Also wc3 night elf had: Wisps, faerie dragons and dryads.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-11-19 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    There is so much salt in this post its unreal lol.
    There is no salt at all, I just find it weird how fixated some people are on shitting on one of 4 covenants when they all are fairly generic. I'd never claim that angels is an original concept, but I certainly don't think vampires are either, even in WoW the concept is around since wrath at least. With the exception of the bug-eyed fairies, of which there are like 5 in all of ardenweald, all the other inhabitants are just a reimagining of the usual satyrs, centaurs and nymphs, most of which have been around since vanilla. Maldraxxus is just flat out the scourge, thats also around since vanilla, technically WC3.

But maybe I hit a nerve with you, since the talk about sodium levels usually means you've hit someone where it hurts .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    I was hyped AF for kyrian because of the wings... but that changed when i saw they arent attached to your character back..it's...miserable thing that floats behind your character back...ew..

Only thing that keeps me interested on this covenant, as hunter so far, is the resonating arrow and weapon mog
    Yea same here.. when I saw the wings I was dissapointed. I mean its literally some kind of frame attached to your back with short towel in the shape of wings that only move slightly when jumping. Its bad.

Venthyr have a blood stone heartstone toy that makes you dissapear in blood while a sinstone is circeling around you. I always wanted to get some kind of san layn flight and this is pretty darn close.