Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I will pick whatever increases my dps the most, so I will be of most use to groups.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not. It's my least favorite.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    When I saw you can get 2 charges of Door of Shadows my mind was set on Venthyr. So Mages will have 2 Doors and a Conduit that reduces the cd of Blink... Okay then..

Currently leveling Arcane Mage as my PVE dps guy. Might PVP on him too.

Dear God no! This entire covenant system is an amazing social experiment being played out by Blizzard.
    People will realise how much their choice matters in regard to personal preference over the "meta" options that content creators usually tell people to take (unless you're in the top 1% of guilds pushing for World First or Blizzcon PvP Championships).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Nope, I will pick Kyrian at launch because they're the coolest looking, and most original Covenant! Angels rule!

Venthyr are a close second.
    See this is what I am talking about..they could've done anything. These are not my arts but they are gorgeous and just examples of what could've been. Also Genzoman who did some previous World of Warcraft art did a nice Valkyrie too.

I truly believe and I am stubborn about how much of a difference it could've made to that zone. Not only that maybe get a glyph form I am ultra psyched for my priest, like something similar to last picture. Instead I get blue people, with weird helmets.

Oh well, I guess Ardenweald supposedly got effort.

The reason kyrian and pelagos is the best for a lot of specs isn’t simply the single ability but the way the tree is configured....which made the work of balancing the trees useless and nonexistent now

But my main is Kyrian
    My warrior alt is Venthyr
    My shammy idk
    My mage whatever the shammy isnt

No, I am not a minmaxer or tryhard, I will pick Covenant that I like. Both visually and by experience when I play all of then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Nope. I will pick whatever covenant I like best.
    This.

/10char

I will pick whatever covenant is best for my guilds raidgroup, since I want us to succeed.

Yes, whatever is best for my character

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    snip
    So you wanted oversexualized female angels. Gotcha
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2020-11-17 at 09:08 AM.

BM Hunt here, if i had to pick right now, i'd go Venthyr, since :
    - I think Theotar can be interesting (wasteland propriety)
    - I like Necrolord but soulbinds seems meh
    - I don't think Pelagos will stay as it is for a long time
    - I prefer Venthyr / Necro mogs
    Ping - Plumoh & co - Les Sentinelles-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    According to researchers from Wowhead, the best covenant for the majority of class specs is Kyrian. I hear it's mainly because of Pelagos giving players a 3% versatility buff that is easy to keep up at all times during combat. It used to be 5% but even after being nerfed to 3% it still remains a very solid option for most specs. Will you be picking it? Seems inevitable that it's going to get nerfed and make everyone move over to the next, best covenant, and so on. I wish choosing covenant was only for cosmetics, mounts, pets, and quality of life bonuses.
    Nope.
    Don't fit the character, don't like the ability.

I won't take this decision solely based on instant-T performance while we all know that it could go all the way around in one tuning fix / patch.

I don't need minmaxing for how I play the game, sooo I'm kinda free on this choice.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Lmao no I'm not enough of a brainlet to chose the BiS stuff / mathematically stronger regardless of my preferences, otherwise I wouldn't even be a Priest.
    Priests are top tier in both PvP and PvE..

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    That and a game with different graphic style apparently. I can understand that, but I wouldn't apply that to only 1 covenant, because the others look as much "behind what they could be", if I apply that metric. I certainly don't see how night fae armor and NPCs appear to have more effort put into them. The spell effects are better, no question, but the rest? I'm not seeing the big difference between reworked nymphs and reworked humans in the effort department.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    According to researchers from Wowhead, the best covenant for the majority of class specs is Kyrian. I hear it's mainly because of Pelagos giving players a 3% versatility buff that is easy to keep up at all times during combat. It used to be 5% but even after being nerfed to 3% it still remains a very solid option for most specs. Will you be picking it? Seems inevitable that it's going to get nerfed and make everyone move over to the next, best covenant, and so on. I wish choosing covenant was only for cosmetics, mounts, pets, and quality of life bonuses.
    Nope. Picking Night Fae for my Druid for obvious reasons.

I will pick necrolords fot my DK. Fk the meta i ain’t doing guild raiding any way.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

No, I will pick the one with the prettiest transmogs for the class/spec I play. The 'hardest' content I do is LFR and even that only once or twice, so it really doesn't matter what abilities or soulbinds or whatever else nonsense stats it gives.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Yes, whatever is best for my character

Boobs is the best thing ever and it sucks that we do not have more lewd gear/outfits in the game.

Hopefully some will come with the new transmogg tab in the store.

Winter queen is looking nice tho, already seen some ”Art” of her.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    These guides always fail to mention how minor the difference is between most convenants, and then the people with no idea yell that they are forced to play X convenant.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I will pick Kyrian not because it's the best (it is anyway), but because i made my class choice for shadowlands based on a combination of class fantasy, covenant fantasy and fun, both for the class and the covenant ability. That made me choose holy paladin, despite all it's flaws. And divine toll is, in my opinion, what every covenant ability should be. It's the kind of ability that when 10.0 comes around they'll add it to the class somehow.

But i know that if i was still a mythic raider i would feel awful playing the game unless the best performing covenant happens to be the one that fits thematically and has a fun ability. Actually, my decision to play a different class after 10+ years was made precisely because of that.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."