Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Hotfixes - November 16, 2020

Watch the Shadowlands Launch Cinematic: "Beyond the Veil"

WoW Hotfixes - November 16, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

• Mage
      • General
        • [With regional restarts] Rune of Power (Talent) duration is now 12 seconds (was 15 seconds).
      • Fire
        • [With regional restarts] Flamestrike damage reduced by 8%.
      • Frost
        • [With regional restarts] All damage abilities reduced by 4%.

• Priest
      • Discipline
        • [With regional restarts] Spirit Shell (Talent) absorb shield cap of 60% health is now shared among all casting Priests.
        • [With regional restarts] Spirit Shell (Talent) absorb shield duration is now 10 seconds (was 15 seconds).

Creatures and NPCs

• Rare elite creatures have received a health boost when faced with more than 20 players.

Items and Rewards

World Events

• The additional second-week content of the Shadowlands Pre-patch, Death Rising, is now available. New quests can be found in Icecrown and capital cities, and you are advised to take extra precautions. Zombies are invading!
    • The minions of the Maw are calling the rare spawns of Icecrown much more frequently.
    • Players working on the Quel'Delar questline are now able to continue their adventures during the Death Rising events in Icecrown.

WoW Classic

• Naxxramas attunement is now available. Visit Archmage Angela Dosantos at Light’s Hope Chapel to get started. Light be with you!
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-11-17 at 03:20 AM.

how are there STILL no marks nerfs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    Why would there be marks nerfs?

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Neforpubl View Post
    Why would there be marks nerfs?
    Cause they're op in a pre patch and people like him most likely havent seen other pre patches which class x y z are OP then come the content they drop.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Cause they're op in a pre patch and people like him most likely havent seen other pre patches which class x y z are OP then come the content they drop.
    Except marks is terrible in the pre patch. Its bm that is strong in prepatch. Marks was strong in sl.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    Except marks is terrible in the pre patch. Its bm that is strong in prepatch. Marks was strong in sl.
    Well going from a pvp perspective their pretty strong. PvE I don't cause doing bgs to kill time for SL

This feels like vanilla/tbc again, when mages where nerfed for looads of patches in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    Marks? What do you mean by this and what is wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    Marks? What do you mean by this and what is wrong with it?
    He has been killed by MM-hunters in random BGs in prepatch and want them nerfed, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    This feels like vanilla/tbc again, when mages where nerfed for looads of patches in a row
    At least the adjustments feel like increments rather than a sledge hammer. I've played a good portion of the specs on the beta, Frost mage included... and the nerfs are certainly warranted for now. Frost Mage does well even at low ilvl on the beta, and they'll still be good after these adjustments.

Lot of specs are like that. Pre-patch has us being 'overgeared', so most of the specs are at their most extreme. Add on top that some specs are missing stuff, and the classes are balanced around their lvl 60 state, the changes being seen in pre-patch are almost exclusively due to beta testing. There are some BfA-related adjustments, too, such as busted Azerite traits and such... but most of this stuff is future-proofing.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

goood gooood
    Nerf damn Rune of Power to the ground! Make it useless so I don't need use it anymore.
    Last edited by Danuel; 2020-11-17 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    goood gooood
    Nerf damn Rune of Power to the ground! Make it useless so I don't need use it anymore.
    Sadly won't be enough for fire/arcane simply because Blizz decided to cram all mage damage and their borrowed power of the expansion into their cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    goood gooood
    The new one isn't that bad anymore.

Anyway, I must have missed that massive stealth buff to flamestrike, because I simply can't remember when it went form completely irredeemable dog shit spell to something that warrants an 8% nerf.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Why would they nerf gear pre-expansion? Just to make leveling more slow & Sufferable?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Terrible? BM is stronger than MM in the prepatch but does that make MM terrible? No. MM is still in the top half of mythic Nyalotha. MM is better than all melee specs in the game except for Unholy DK. So BM is better than MM, yes, but to say MM is terrible is simply wrong. What would you otherwise call all the specs that are worse than MM?

Now in relation to nerfs. You’re right that MM is stronger in SL. Currently MM looks to be absolute god-tier in all content in SL. So most beta players expect MM to be nerfed sometimes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Sadly won't be enough for fire/arcane simply because Blizz decided to cram all mage damage and their borrowed power of the expansion into their cooldowns.
    Could not agree more.
    I hate it so much.

BGs are filled with rogues and hunters that can kill anyone under 3 seconds. And all I see is mage nerf... We need pvp hotfixes guys this sht has become so bursty that most teams just give up after a few minutes...

A 40% nerf to Compendium coupled with a note from developers stating that players should want new gear from SL leads me to believe this trinket is either one of the single most powerful items Blizzard has ever designed or (more likely) they have no fucking idea how to balance their own game. I've seen prepatch shenanigans before but this is the first time I've seen them nerf shit into the ground the week before a new expansion launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Szaas View Post
    BGs are filled with rogues and hunters that can kill anyone under 3 seconds. And all I see is mage nerf... We need pvp hotfixes guys this sht has become so bursty that most teams just give up after a few minutes...
    The game isnt balanced around prepatch-bis gear, this will change when you reach lvl 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The new one isn't that bad anymore.
    it's not bad since it has about 8 yards radius, you need to really screw it up to not be able to have a high uptime
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.