Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got my tater, time to make some fries.

Thank you all for your assistance! The more respondents we receive, the better the representation for the study.

Quote Originally Posted by SociologistRK View Post
    Hello!

I’m from the Department of Sociology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. I’m currently trying to gather relevant data for a comprehensive research project exploring social dimensions, the structures of interpersonal relationships and in-game experiences in World of Warcraft.

It would help me greatly if you would answer this short anonymous survey:
    survey-xact.dk/LinkCollector?key=7C6YK7TNL232

It takes around 10 minutes, thank you for your time!

Best regards,

An avid WoW-player and researcher
    I answered the survey but as a student of psychology and as a person interesed in doing scientific research I have some constructive criticism:

I was never asked about my age nor I was asked if im a student or if I have a full time job. That fact alone can determine many of the answers of the survey.

Also most of the data gathered with the survey cant be extrapolated to a non-pandemic context.

Finally I would suppose you will let this community know of the results of the investigation once you have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    I answered the survey but as a student of psychology and as a person interesed in doing scientific research I have some constructive criticism:

I was never asked about my age nor I was asked if im a student or if I have a full time job. That fact alone can determine many of the answers of the survey.

Also most of the data gathered with the survey cant be extrapolated to a non-pandemic context.

Finally I would suppose you will let this community know of the results of the investigation once you have them.
    First of all, thank you for taking the time to completing the survey, and showing in interest in this study.

In regards to your critique, leaving out background variables such as age, gender or employment, was a very active choice in regards to our methodology. It is not of our current interest to cross-analyze the received data with these active "real world" definers, as the study generally works from a more generalized in-game and phenomenological approach. As in the case of extrapolation, this argument can indeed be made for any study made during this pandemic, but this does not entail that the aggregate data of this analysis does not have something to say for the general perceived structures of social dynamics of World of Warcraft, in relation to its current and prior playerbase. Finally, if there is a large interest in the results of this survey, then yes, the collected data could be made public.
    Last edited by SociologistRK; 2020-11-19 at 06:43 PM.

Hello!

I’m from the Department of Sociology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. I’m currently trying to gather relevant data for a comprehensive research project exploring social dimensions, the structures of interpersonal relationships and in-game experiences in World of Warcraft.

It would help me greatly if you would answer this short anonymous survey:
    survey-xact.dk/LinkCollector?key=7C6YK7TNL232

It takes around 10 minutes, thank you for your time!

Best regards,

An avid WoW-player and researcher
    Just because I love Smørrebrød; and thank you for the potato
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-11-19 at 06:50 PM.

First of all, thank you for taking the time to completing the survey, and showing in interest in this study.

In regards to your critique, leaving out background variables such as age, gender or employment, was a very active choice in regards to our methodology. It is not of our current interest to cross-analyze the received data with these active "real world" definers, as the study generally works from a more generalized in-game and phenomenological approach. As in the case of extrapolation, this argument can indeed be made for any study made during this pandemic, but this does not entail that the aggregate data of this analysis does not have something to say for the general perceived structures of social dynamics of World of Warcraft, in relation to its current and prior playerbase. Finally, if there is a large interest in the results of this survey, then yes, the collected data could be made public.
    i understand.

About the last point as to whether or not you make the results public i was speaking from the researcher´s ethical duty point of view, meaning the results of the study should be public to those who participated in it.