Do you use the "back side" of your paper notebook?

I have realized that I have a problem. I went through some old papers that I wanted to throw away and there was a pattern I noticed.

For whatever reason, my brain ignored for years that a piece of paper has two sides. Almost every single paper notebook that I have has half of its space still available - on the back side of each sheet of paper.

What a humongous waste. I had to imagine just how environmentally unfriendly this behavior is and what kind of impact such inefficient use of paper has on our global situation if more people are like me.

https://www.theworldcounts.com/stori...er-waste-facts

Paper accounts for around 26% of total waste at landfills
    Paper production - and waste - to double
    From 2010 to 2060, the global consumption of pulp and paper is expected to double.
    By ignoring the back side I literally doubled my paper consumption. Such a little thing but what a massive impact.
    What I've done now is to switch to a portrait use of all my notebooks. This forces me naturally to use all sides.

I feel stupid to have never noticed before.

When I was more avid writing, I used both sides and the margins would also get scribbled with thoughts or notation on a particular paragraph.
    Fortunately my cursive handwriting was fairly neat.