Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    War mode disabled but people can still attack you

    How is this even possible ?

  2. #2
    Does the /pvp command still work?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  3. #3
    yes it does, go park somewhere "safe", unflag, wait 5 min to not be pvp open, profit !

  4. #4
    Without warmode, you basically play by old PvE server rules. You can still activate World PvP, and fight the opposing faction if they also have it enabled.

    Right now, you seem to get flagged for PvP when entering the capital, presumably its something to do with the zombie event.

  5. #5
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    239
    Indeed you are flagged upon logging in or entering Orgrimmar or Stormwind. My auction mule logged in and was immediately flagged. Everyone as far as the eye could see was also flagged. Welcome to a week of zombie land.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Littleraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,290
    As everyone is saying. You can still get flagged for PvP even without war mode on. That is not gone. Warmode is just the old PvP server rules where you are always flagged in contested territory.

  7. #7
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,154
    You're being flagged for PvP so that you can be fucked up by the player controlled Zombies.

  8. #8
    Master of the Void The Dark One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    1,971
    If you want to turn PvP off quickly, you just need to take a short taxi flight. It unflags you.
    Fundamental civil rights are only "political" if you're trying to take them away from people.

  9. #9
    Mildly annoying but its only for a week.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    How is this even possible ?
    Forced PVP flagging. One of many reasons, why I no longer play this game. Because Blizzard give you PVE quests, that lead you into PVP areas, such as Dalaran's Sewers with bugged bodyguard, in order to "trick" you into PVP situation. My Warmode is off and that's for reason. Because: 1) I hate conflicts between players 2) This game has never been balanced and imbalance gives unfair advantage to some players, who may use it to humiliate others and nobody wants to be humiliated in video game. Yeah, my problem tolerance level is actually very high, but current game has so many problems, that they're far beyond tolerable level.

    Blizzard can think, that "good" player should do both PVE and PVP as much, as they want. I'm PVE player. Period.

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,060
    Zombies can attack everyone so PVP is on. I said it would get tedious before it even started based on the last time. Nothing has changed, the AH will be a battlefield.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Forced PVP flagging. One of many reasons, why I no longer play this game. Because Blizzard give you PVE quests, that lead you into PVP areas, such as Dalaran's Sewers with bugged bodyguard, in order to "trick" you into PVP situation. My Warmode is off and that's for reason. Because: 1) I hate conflicts between players 2) This game has never been balanced and imbalance gives unfair advantage to some players, who may use it to humiliate others and nobody wants to be humiliated in video game. Yeah, my problem tolerance level is actually very high, but current game has so many problems, that they're far beyond tolerable level.

    Blizzard can think, that "good" player should do both PVE and PVP as much, as they want. I'm PVE player. Period.
    You have very low tolerance levels. Stop kidding yourself.

  12. #12
    I went to fight Nathanos on my fresh dinged 50 monk with WM off & pvp also toggled off.

    But it got toggled on when I joined a raid-group for the boss, maybe leader was in WM but then I wouldnt be able to have seen them.

    And everything started lagging like crazy from there, like 8 second delay on abilities, couldnt move, then I turned into a zombie.

    Confusing patch.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    You have very low tolerance levels. Stop kidding yourself.
    And what level of suffering is considered high? Other players quit this game immediately, when they stop enjoying it. If I would do the same, I would quit forever with release of Cata.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Forced PVP flagging. One of many reasons, why I no longer play this game. Because Blizzard give you PVE quests, that lead you into PVP areas, such as Dalaran's Sewers with bugged bodyguard, in order to "trick" you into PVP situation. My Warmode is off and that's for reason. Because: 1) I hate conflicts between players 2) This game has never been balanced and imbalance gives unfair advantage to some players, who may use it to humiliate others and nobody wants to be humiliated in video game. Yeah, my problem tolerance level is actually very high, but current game has so many problems, that they're far beyond tolerable level.

    Blizzard can think, that "good" player should do both PVE and PVP as much, as they want. I'm PVE player. Period.
    TBH you aren’t any kind of player lol

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    And what level of suffering is considered high? Other players quit this game immediately, when they stop enjoying it. If I would do the same, I would quit forever with release of Cata.
    Aren't you supposed to not do things you don't enjoy? That has nothing to do with tolerance; you don't HAVE TO tolerate unenjoyable things if you aren't required to do them, especially for 10 years. Being a PvE player myself, I really don't get what you're saying about the "current state of the game and forced PvP". Only time I've actually been "forced" to do PvP for PvE progress was the legendary in MoP, which required doing a few BG.

    OT, it's kinda funny to see with these kinds of events, that so many WoW players are so used to just logging in and mindlessly doing the same stuff they always do, that when something out of the ordinary, or a minor incoveniences, comes along, people are ready to burn Blizzard HQ down.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Zombies can attack everyone so PVP is on. I said it would get tedious before it even started based on the last time. Nothing has changed, the AH will be a battlefield.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You have very low tolerance levels. Stop kidding yourself.
    I was debating on getting the debuff and porting to the heart chamber

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Aren't you supposed to not do things you don't enjoy? That has nothing to do with tolerance; you don't HAVE TO tolerate unenjoyable things if you aren't required to do them, especially for 10 years. Being a PvE player myself, I really don't get what you're saying about the "current state of the game and forced PvP". Only time I've actually been "forced" to do PvP for PvE progress was the legendary in MoP, which required doing a few BG.

    OT, it's kinda funny to see with these kinds of events, that so many WoW players are so used to just logging in and mindlessly doing the same stuff they always do, that when something out of the ordinary, or a minor incoveniences, comes along, people are ready to burn Blizzard HQ down.
    Without crying about the game what do you expect him to do?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I was debating on getting the debuff and porting to the heart chamber
    Porting wipes the debuff. Pretty sure taking a boat/zepplin does too.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Porting wipes the debuff. Pretty sure taking a boat/zepplin does too.
    Boooo and a hisss

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Boooo and a hisss
    Eh it's there to cut down on the griefing, which is why the first version was cut short.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    And what level of suffering is considered high? Other players quit this game immediately, when they stop enjoying it. If I would do the same, I would quit forever with release of Cata.
    Maybe enough so you can actually quit the game instead of hanging around a full decade after you claim you stopped finding it fun? I figure a drug addict who overdosed enough to nearly die would find more motivation to drop it than someone who's just been having crappy highs. Maybe an extreme metaphor, but it seems to fit.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •