Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Forced PVP flagging. One of many reasons, why I no longer play this game. Because Blizzard give you PVE quests, that lead you into PVP areas, such as Dalaran's Sewers with bugged bodyguard, in order to "trick" you into PVP situation. My Warmode is off and that's for reason. Because: 1) I hate conflicts between players 2) This game has never been balanced and imbalance gives unfair advantage to some players, who may use it to humiliate others and nobody wants to be humiliated in video game. Yeah, my problem tolerance level is actually very high, but current game has so many problems, that they're far beyond tolerable level.

Blizzard can think, that "good" player should do both PVE and PVP as much, as they want. I'm PVE player. Period.
    Anytime you're in the sewers I'm fairly sure it's outside the pvp area if it's for a pve quest. Please cite one. Order halls were outside. But yes you are a worse player if you choose to do only 1. It's not opinion, but rather a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Did you take a mage portal or the regular portals? Im pretty sure I read that using a regular portal is what wiped it, but maybe that was just a bug or something with that particular player.
    used my HS

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    yes it does, go park somewhere "safe", unflag, wait 5 min to not be pvp open, profit !
    That isn't true. The zombies can still attack you even with the old /pvp flag off. Warmode off, old pvp off, they can still attack in the open world. I just tested it with an alt / second account.

The zombies can attack and kill you, but you cannot fight back if you do not flag yourself via /pvp

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Anytime you're in the sewers I'm fairly sure it's outside the pvp area if it's for a pve quest. Please cite one. Order halls were outside. But yes you are a worse player if you choose to do only 1. It's not opinion, but rather a fact.
    Sewers quest required you to go to PVP area to kill some mobs to get map or letter. I don't remember exactly. Yeah, PVP could be off there. But some guys were constantly paying for PVP activation there, so it was active 24/7. Even at night and early morning. Yeah, you had guard, but it was reported many times to be bugged. May be intentionally "bugged" to trick you into PVP.

And in BFA there were some War Campaign quests, that were sending you to other faction's camps, so you needed to walk very close to PVP-flagged mobs, that had extremely wide aggro range. For example simply crossing the bridge near Bridgeport would PVP flag you due to too wide aggro radius of Alliance PVP mobs. Blizzard call it "stealth quests with PVP-flag punishment for mistake". I call it "forced PVP".

Simple thing. As PVE player, I don't even want to go there. But I'm forced. Because without going there I wouldn't be able to continue my Order Hall/War Campaign PVE quest line.
    Quote Originally Posted by fleamarket View Post
    That isn't true. The zombies can still attack you even with the old /pvp flag off. Warmode off, old pvp off, they can still attack in the open world. I just tested it with an alt / second account.

The zombies can attack and kill you, but you cannot fight back if you do not flag yourself via /pvp
    PVP mobs can PVP-flag you via just aggroing on you. This is major problem, that should have been fixed long time ago.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2020-11-21 at 09:04 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by bronjamin View Post
    I was attacked by a ghoul even though I had warmode off and PvP disabled. And when I wanted to attack the ghoul back, the game told me I couldn't because I had PvP disabled. Had to accept my death and then rezz at the spirit healer and fly away.
    Clearly Blizzard has really put their "best" devs at work with this prepatch-event.

I had char that were flagged pvp in SW/Org when putting WM off, but when I wrote that part I hadn't logged in yet this week
    and since the pvp flagging is forced down our throat I didn't log this week and I'll wait until this "event" is finished to come back

I paid lots of money to grab the most advanced toons I had and migrate them from the pvp server my guild choose when we left our previous mmo and started wow together, I was outvoted on the faction AND the server type. when everyone left, I paid to get out of pvp server because I HATE pvp, it has the most toxic communities of the game, more so in open world pvp.
    now with war mode I can ensure I am never flagged pvp at all and nobody can attack/gank me until .... TADAAAA !!! douchebag present, the event where you get shat upon no matter what you chose/paid for

I'll enjoy my time out and save myself from that shit sandwich thx very much

The player controlled zombies can attack non pvp non wm flagged players. I just tested it with my wife. She logged into her char, made sure she was unflagged sitting outside of Goldshire. I was able to attack, kill, and infect her as a zombie. She couldn't attack me because she wasn't flagged for pvp, and she wasn't in wm. But I could still attack her all I wanted. We are both alliance btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Why in the everloving fuck would anyone play a game they don't enjoy? What the fuck?
    because they are "passionate" is my guess.
    But yeah it's baffling how people have problems quitting a game they don't enjoy.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Sewers quest required you to go to PVP area to kill some mobs to get map or letter. I don't remember exactly. Yeah, PVP could be off there. But some guys were constantly paying for PVP activation there, so it was active 24/7. Even at night and early morning. Yeah, you had guard, but it was reported many times to be bugged. May be intentionally "bugged" to trick you into PVP.

And in BFA there were some War Campaign quests, that were sending you to other faction's camps, so you needed to walk very close to PVP-flagged mobs, that had extremely wide aggro range. For example simply crossing the bridge near Bridgeport would PVP flag you due to too wide aggro radius of Alliance PVP mobs. Blizzard call it "stealth quests with PVP-flag punishment for mistake". I call it "forced PVP".

Simple thing. As PVE player, I don't even want to go there. But I'm forced. Because without going there I wouldn't be able to continue my Order Hall/War Campaign PVE quest line.

PVP mobs can PVP-flag you via just aggroing on you. This is major problem, that should have been fixed long time ago.
    Show me the specific quest. You're just saying "There's a quest that makes you do a thing" and if that isn't the main questline then you have no point as you know what the sewer area entails.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Just wanted to OT here, that your signature fits this situation perfectly. We had many threads last week that hated the way Blizz handled this event because of how easy it was to dodge and now other people are mad even though it lasts only one week lmao.
    Exactly. It's something I try to keep in mind and impress upon people. There are opinions running the gamut across every spectrum and opinion. Someone's idea of perfection will be someone else's trash, so trying to claim that something is objectively bad or "a slap to the face of the player base" or whatever nonsense is just hubris.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

its because of the stupid 10 yo ghoul event
    and blizzard in their magnificient genious just put pvp forced in capitals so ghould can attack your character :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Clearly Blizzard has really put their "best" devs at work with this prepatch-event.
    yeah so lazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy

6-7 new quest
    a copypast event from pre lk

and blizzard are like : yeah we are so god and epic

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Show me the specific quest. You're just saying "There's a quest that makes you do a thing" and if that isn't the main questline then you have no point as you know what the sewer area entails.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.