Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    oh come on boy. just fuck off.
    Why? It's the worst game i ever personally played.

10+ Year Old Account

This abomination. I still to this day have no idea what made me buy this...

Also I am sure it's not Brian May's proudest moment for sure lol. And I am a huge Queen fan (although not at the time this game came out) :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-11-20 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

This abomination. I still to this day have no idea what made me buy this...

Also I am sure it's not Brian May's proudest moment for sure lol. And I am a huge Queen fan (although not at the time this game came out) :P
    As someone else who named this absolute shitheap in the thread, I'll give my reasons for buying it.

The graphics looked absolutely stellar, in screenshots.

It was the early 90s, and MK/SFII/KI ruled the roost, here was a fighting game with badass robots.

Acclaim was putting out some absolute top tier games at this point, MK2, NBA Jam, Alien 3.

Brian May was doing the soundtrack.

This game should have been so much more than the absolute garbage dump we got.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    As someone else who named this absolute shitheap in the thread, I'll give my reasons for buying it.

It was the early 90s, and MK/SFII/KI ruled the roost, here was a fighting game with badass robots.

Acclaim was putting out some absolute top tier games at this point, MK2, NBA Jam, Alien 3.

:O How old are you?

Halo 1 to what ever , take your pick.

Skout

A totally forgettable first person shooter developed in 1999 at the height of fps.

What makes it the worst game I ever played is its engine which was develeloped from scratch. Resource hog worse than crysis. They should have just licensed the quake engine.

You're quite literally the first person I've ever met who didn't like it. Why?
    The entirety of the gameplay was somewhat counterintuitive, and the designs worked against itself. For example: Say you want to stealth the game for maximum benefit. Well... It's long, boring, tedious, and basically cuts out over half of the gameplay: the combat. You still fight 'bosses'... I guess, but the overall reward isn't much behind fighting your way through. I wasted so much time in that game trying to stealth it, and it wasn't a fun stealth game.

Alright, so the other half is combat. It was very basic, or outright piss easy with the right augment selection. That ballistic pellet one was stupidly overpowered, and could be acquired early. The final boss was incredibly anti-climactic when I beat it in about 10 seconds with a non-combat focused build.

Your dialogue choices were mostly like Mass Effect, but you had to have perfect ones to complete a scenario in a positive way when moving smaller plot elements forward, but then by the end of the game none of it even matters. One bonus is how they wrote the story going forward after the finale, but that doesn't matter *until* the sequel.

Graphics were nothing impressive to me, and I don't know why they were lauded as such at the time of release. Overall, I didn't really experience any performance issues, but the game just wasn't pretty to me maxed out. It got better later on, but... eh. That's a really minor personal gripe of mine.

Basically, to me, the game was like the blandest parts of gameplay between Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed. I liked the story, but that was it. I finished the game, but I just didn't enjoy *playing* it. It's one of those games where I would've simply enjoyed watching a main story playthrough.

10+ Year Old Account

Well Brian May did 2 songs in this, both from his solo album that came out around the time the rest of the soundtrack wasnt him though. :P

and yea the graphics was pretty much the selling point to this game, the game played horribly, you couldn't even turn around in some earlier versions of the game. :P

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth.

No explanation needed.

Honestly, nothing that really stands out, probably because I either knew what I was getting into or just dropped the crap and forgot about it's existance.
    But to list a game which was shit and I have not played, then Ride to Hell: Retribution - I guess this one is obvious. Watching couple of videos made me fully agree with everyone who ever played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    The Witcher 1
    Heretic. But if that is the worst game you have played, then boy, you have avoided some true horrors.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Two Worlds.
    Oh, someone remembers that thing. To me it honestly felt like it just ended waaaay too abruptly, but overall was passable. There was something strange going on, like gear and shit I could not use even after completing the game, I think tied to the strange multiplayer campaign. Can't really remember, but something was "not right" with it.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Huh, that's one I didn't expect
    Same. Yes, I get it that it might not call itself "true successor to the original games" but can't imagine that it was truly bad. Oh well, tastes are different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were some real buggy messes on 2600.

I had forgotten about Superman 64, my friend rented it just to experience the fail firsthand.
    One of the Evil Dead games was really terrible, I think it was "Hail to the King" just really ugly and constant lazy respawning enemies, ugh, I hate respawns, such a trashy way to increase difficulty and waste time, a big reason I'm not a fan of Dark Souls.
    /s

Probably some random 16-bit.

Megaman X Collection 2 just because it isnt one bad game its 2 SUPER TERRIBLE games and 2 mediocre ones.

American McGee's Alice. Horrid 3D platformer, and it gets extra "bad" points from me because the box art made it look so promising. The original art with the bloody knife, not the sad edited/updated one with the ice wand.

10+ Year Old Account

This thing gotta be up there.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account

Yes, I really tried it. For about a hour. It was as bad as they say. You have no clue what's going on on the screen. All the time.

Rise of the Robots.

Never have I experienced such frustration at wasted potential and crippling disappointment in what it looked set to deliver.
    I remember all the Amiga magazines being absolutely bewildered at how well the game was selling despite all of the abysmal reviews. it was simply because the low price and number of disks made buying the game and some tape to put over the write-only hole the most cost effective way to purchase blank disks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GEICO gekko IRL View Post
    :O How old are you?
    Old enough to remember Rise when it came out.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post

Yes, I really tried it. For about a hour. It was as bad as they say. You have no clue what's going on on the screen. All the time.
    damn someone beat me to it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Well Brian May did 2 songs in this, both from his solo album that came out around the time the rest of the soundtrack wasnt him though. :P
    They marketed it as if he was doing the full soundtrack though, it was grossly misleading, but then again so was everything else.

and yea the graphics was pretty much the selling point to this game, the game played horribly, you couldn't even turn around in some earlier versions of the game. :P
    The thing with the graphics were they were so intensive that the frame rates were simply abysmal.

Couple this with awful AI and you're left playing multiplayer... except player 1 could only be Android and player 2 got to pick from any bot in the game, so you always went for the OP ones.

Epic Megagames did a far better robot combat game with OMF2097 that was worth every penny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I remember all the Amiga magazines being absolutely bewildered at how well the game was selling despite all of the abysmal reviews. it was simply because the low price and number of disks made buying the game and some tape to put over the write-only hole the most cost effective way to purchase blank disks
    This also bewildered me, why the hell was this game not on CD, it could have actually benefitted but instead you got a small mountain of 3.5' to install it on.