View Poll Results: Should we wipe gold?

Voters
588. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Wipe it all

    185 31.46%
  • No! Don’t touch my gold

    302 51.36%
  • Just limit it to a certain amount.

    101 17.18%
Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
26
... LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I absolutely agree with you here.
    Because WoW's playerbase has been known to be receptive to compromise and completely understanding of dissenting viewpoints when one side doesn't get what it wants, right?

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Because WoW's playerbase has been known to be receptive to compromise and completely understanding of dissenting viewpoints when one side doesn't get what it wants, right?
    Actually yeah the wow community sort of is. In text and forums and verbally? Hell no we complain more than anyone. But how many people completely disagree or straight up hate things that change to the game but always come back and play it hours on end because they still like the game?

    If you just ignore what people say and follow their actions, yeah they do compromise very well.

  3. #303
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Why would I post my opinion on the opening post when I just want to hear peoples opinions? I have posted my opinion multiple times over this thread, putting it in the opening post doesn't change anything. If I just wanted to tell you my opinion I would have just made a regular thread explaining why I believe my point of view should happen.
    Indeed..what a mystery...

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Actually yeah the wow community sort of is. In text and forums and verbally? Hell no we complain more than anyone. But how many people completely disagree or straight up hate things that change to the game but always come back and play it hours on end because they still like the game?

    If you just ignore what people say and follow their actions, yeah they do compromise very well.
    I'd love to believe that this community is as resilient as you seem to think it is. I strongly dislike the idea of game design by democracy and something like this would just make Classic more like OSRS.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Not exactly sure what your argument is here, i'm aware they can just farm it themselves. But that costs them time instead of gold.

    I have no idea how long it would take to farm a weeks worth of protection pots for naxx, but I suspect it's longer than you think.
    Sure, it costs time. But it's gonna cost *someone* time. That's why they're expensive. Look at it from the flip side. If someone wants to make money, they can invest time into farming something that someone else wants to buy. Will it get you 10k gold in an hour? Of course not. But most of us aren't auction house goblins able to flip things and make thousands of gold per second. The money we make takes time to earn.

    A week's worth of protection potions? I wouldn't even begin to guess, but I agree it does take a lot of time. But it's going to take someone that time, and no matter what the price is, it's always going to be what the market can bear.

    I am getting the subtext that you don't like that it takes a long time to farm up the mats for consumables. It certainly wore us out during classic and early TBC before they did the consumables revamp. But it is what it is. And a gold reset would likely just ruin the economy, and not fix anything.

  6. #306
    Wiping gold is dumb. If you want things to be fair and balanced there's a much more fair and balanced way to do it. TBC is fresh start servers only. If you don't love TBC enough to level a character from 1 - 70, then that's fine. Stay in Classic.

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'd love to believe that this community is as resilient as you seem to think it is. I strongly dislike the idea of game design by democracy and something like this would just make Classic more like OSRS.
    I mean it is fairly resilient IMO, obviously not 100% but it's pretty decent in my eyes just because of the amount of fuck ups blizzard has done and the fact that wow hasn't died yet because of it honestly astonishes me.

    But yeah, I don't want WoW to turn into a democracy type of game like OSRS but I do believe blizzard can change certain things in the game to make it better.

  8. #308
    Yes because fuck mages !
    JK , maybe limit it (talking 10k+) but wiping it all is too far imo , still fuck mages though

  9. #309
    Punishing players who actually played Classic (and actually made it the success it is, despite all naysayers, which is the reason we'll also have TBC, keep that in mind) makes absolutely no sense.

    Having invested a lot of time and effort into Classic, amassing some gold for my TBC needs (epic mount, etc), and having it all removed because some random Joe that didn't want to play Classic, but feels is unfair to start at a disadvantage in TBC, makes absolutely no sense.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Punishing players who actually played Classic (and actually made it the success it is, despite all naysayers, which is the reason we'll also have TBC, keep that in mind) makes absolutely no sense.

    Having invested a lot of time and effort into Classic, amassing some gold for my TBC needs (epic mount, etc), and having it all removed because some random Joe that didn't want to play Classic, but feels is unfair to start at a disadvantage in TBC, makes absolutely no sense.
    How do you propose hyperinflation to be addressed then? It will be a major turn off to potential new players if the only people able to afford anything in TBC are the ones who played in Classic.

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    How do you propose hyperinflation to be addressed then? It will be a major turn off to potential new players if the only people able to afford anything in TBC are the ones who played in Classic.
    The general argument I’m hearing from anti-gold regulation people is basically: “If you don’t want to be broke just go out and mine/herb/farm yourself”.

    I don’t quite understand how this is such an easy accomplishment if 90% of people will be on 280% flyers and you’re stuck at 60% but that’s just me.

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    The general argument I’m hearing from anti-gold regulation people is basically: “If you don’t want to be broke just go out and mine/herb/farm yourself”.

    I don’t quite understand how this is such an easy accomplishment if 90% of people will be on 280% flyers and you’re stuck at 60% but that’s just me.
    And that would be easier if everyone started at zero? Because those lazy bums would level faster, gather gold for flying and the mount faster, and actually farm faster than all the actual hardcore farmers or bots even?

    I don't see that happening either.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  13. #313
    Herald of the Titans Dartz1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,840
    No cause i spent alot of time thousands of hours getting epic mounts on all my characters..
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

    Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    And that would be easier if everyone started at zero? Because those lazy bums would level faster, gather gold for flying and the mount faster, and actually farm faster than all the actual hardcore farmers or bots even?

    I don't see that happening either.
    I don't personally think it should absolutely start at 0 but yes I do think it would be easier. To farm gold relative to prices on the AH, not to get the epic flyer faster.

    If you limit the amount of gold everyone brings in, for obvious reasons it's going to take the majority of players quite a bit of time to get epic flying (which I personally believe it should).

    Because the economy will basically be reset, goods on the auction house will go for a LOT less. This means that sometimes it might be good to farm mats but if that option gets too contested then it allows for dailies to be an alternative outlet for buying goods on the auction house because it is a static, guaranteed amount of gold from the very start.

    If things are too pricey on the auction house from inflation, dailies no longer become a valid source of income. If it takes you a weeks worth of dailies to purchase one primal might for example, you are better off obtaining something overpriced to put on the auction house to make your money.

    I could go into more detail if needed but the gist of this is

    Inflation too high:

    Forced to farm contested mats> No epic flyer, no competing> not allowed to purchase goods off AH to excel your character


    Obviously the inflation will eventually kick in, but this allows new players to get set up in the economy so they are able to purchase goods off of the AH (like primals) because the prices will obviously be lower, because there isn't as much gold in the game yet.
    Last edited by Synical123; 2020-11-20 at 04:47 PM.

  15. #315
    Both could be done, here. That's why we have multiple servers. If you are coming from an established classic server, nothing changes. If you're a new player, you can opt to start out on an established classic realm, and be behind the curve on gold, or go to a new players realm where players start off on a realm with no gold, just like everyone else. Over time, it won't be that way, but once it becomes an established realm, it moves out of the "new players" area. And with a copy/paste option, you can make the choice.

    We've grown too accustomed to people making our minds up for us. That mind set needs to die. AND... the fix to multi-boxing needs implemented on classic and any other server to become a thing. That is one way to stop the multiboxers who screw up economies.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

  16. #316
    How can people defend the idea of keeping gold?

    There are some players who have hoarded dozens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of gold at this point. That would not only ruin the economy, and keep it from the start in the hands of few, but also completely trivialize or offer unfair advantages to those who will be immediately able to buy epic flier, full tailoring/LW sets etc.

    That would be a HUGE deterrent for any new player, and there's a lot that quit classic early because of the boring end-game but would absolutely love to play tbc.

    Huge NO

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Why are people acting like TBC is gonna be tacked on top of the Classic servers? That would completely destroy the point of making Classic servers in the first place...if anything TBC servers should and likely would be standalone, completely independent of Classic servers.
    Yes, I think a lot of people from this thread are gonna be "butthurt", post a lot on forums about how this is "bullshit from Blizzard" and that they "just lost a customer"; then log on on TBC launch like everyone else. But they can have this back n forth about "stealing" what they "worked hard for" if it helps them rest easy

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    completely missing the point of an economy reset I see.
    Almost like they're... just .... trolling? But it worked I guess

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Wiping gold is dumb. If you want things to be fair and balanced there's a much more fair and balanced way to do it. TBC is fresh start servers only. If you don't love TBC enough to level a character from 1 - 70, then that's fine. Stay in Classic.
    Precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We can't pass the Magna Carta! That's socialism!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    How can you NOT give anything a gun? Freedom? Liberty? Where are your Freeberties?

  18. #318
    Elemental Lord callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    8,060
    Absolutely. And the reason: an easy way to piss off your customers.

    Edit:
    Further, wipe all character progression! All of it.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-11-20 at 05:12 PM.

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I get that you would be ok,i wouldnt rly care either way,but they wont do it,they wont give free character boosts in classic/tbc,the transfer option is the simplest and most authentic recreation implementation there is
    The simplest and most authentic would be turning all Classic servers to tBC.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Punishing players who actually played Classic (and actually made it the success it is, despite all naysayers, which is the reason we'll also have TBC, keep that in mind) makes absolutely no sense.

    Having invested a lot of time and effort into Classic, amassing some gold for my TBC needs (epic mount, etc), and having it all removed because some random Joe that didn't want to play Classic, but feels is unfair to start at a disadvantage in TBC, makes absolutely no sense.
    How is this punishing players in Classic? Are people intentionally playing Classic WoW that they dislike in order to get ahead in tBC? That sounds risky when there is zero announcements from Blizzard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Absolutely. And the reason: an easy way to piss off your customers.

    Edit:
    Further, wipe all character progression! All of it.
    New servers for tBC kind of does that and is a valid option to implement tBC.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by babbi View Post
    How can people defend the idea of keeping gold?

    There are some players who have hoarded dozens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of gold at this point. That would not only ruin the economy, and keep it from the start in the hands of few, but also completely trivialize or offer unfair advantages to those who will be immediately able to buy epic flier, full tailoring/LW sets etc.

    That would be a HUGE deterrent for any new player, and there's a lot that quit classic early because of the boring end-game but would absolutely love to play tbc.

    Huge NO
    Because it's my gold. I earned it. Of course I'm going to defend keeping it. Why would I not?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •