Poll: Should we wipe gold?

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do casuals always wanna fuck over the more hardcore just cause they play better/more efficient than them?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Why do casuals always wanna fuck over the more hardcore just cause they play better/more efficient than them?
    This isn't even the issue at all lol. Me and my friends are super casual, them more than I. I got everything I needed in early classic and stopped playing when I got bored. I'm set for TBC no matter what. But my friends have basically nothing, and they are looking into tbc. They have been talking about TBC and what they are going to do when it releases and all of them have been talking about just buying gold. And why the hell wouldn't they? You can get everything you need from tbc at the very start with under $100 as of right now, I can't imagine how cheap it will be once tbc actually launches. Who this is really going to hurt is new players who don't want to buy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    there will be no reason to wipe anything because TBC will be on completly different set of servers.
    So with about 90% of the player base wanting to move to TBC you think they will move and leave the 10% on a bunch of dead servers? You don't think it it way more likely that they will progress all servers to TBC and give players the option to transfer to a new server that was not progressed. This would cause the least disruption to the game and result in the least loss of subscribers and at the end of the day that is what Blizz cares about.

If they will just convert all classic realms to classic TBC then yea or they can just create brand new classic TBC servers where you start at level 58 premades to avoid the gold wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Vanilla WoW was retail once, silly.

Two questions then:

1. Did they wipe any gold when TBC was released?
    2. If not, why should they do that? Respecting the #nochanges players hold so dearly.
    but its not vanilla wow, silly.. the patch classic is at right now was never a thing on retail

oh and i already explained everything about #nochanges.. well almost

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    /facepalm sure sweetheart. That’s the issue here.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, I never said once that inflation wouldn’t happen eventually. For the final time, either address my argument by showing me you actually read what I said or don’t even bother.

Edit: also please, explain to me how people are going to make ‘tens of thousands’ of gold in tbc at a quicker pace. I would love to hear it.
    That is your argument. Your argument is that inflation will somehow take "longer" if you delete gold from everyone, it won't.
    The same way that every expansion people make thousands of gold at a quicker pace?
    Are you simple?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    To people thinking a gold reset isn't needed - do you even know what's going on in Classic? The market is so inflated (think that is the right word?), there are botters doing Stratholme 24/7 farming passive gold. Gold holds no value, and if we go into TBC with this amount of gold flying around, it will end with a selected few controlling the whole market.

As for now, you need to dish out 2-300 gold each raid night if you want to use consumes, and that's without whipes.
    What I hear is "people are making an effort to have gold and we can't have that".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    and that will never happen because a huge percentage of people who played classic and leveled multiple toons would simply say 'fuck it' and quit.
    I'd be one of them. I've built up my account again in Classic and farmed gold because of boredom, but also because of TBC prep. Whilst nothing has been confirmed and it is sort of foolish to prepare for something that might not happen, I still think it's the logical choice for them to progress Classic servers on to TBC.

There are arguments for both sides tbh, I can see why people would advocate both suggestions. I think they would do themselves more damage from wiping gold and other things, though. Just my opinion.

I mean if you look at it intelligently the only answer is a gold limit per copy and one copy per character per server. That is it and the problem is solved and I guarantee that is how they will be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    That is your argument. Your argument is that inflation will somehow take "longer" if you delete gold from everyone, it won't.
    The same way that every expansion people make thousands of gold at a quicker pace?
    Are you simple?
    It will take longer, I'm not even sure how you can argue against that. I'll walk you through it really quick. How much gold do you think the average raider has on them right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    They should have level 58 pre made characters, classic should be totally separate, no transfers.
    So you say I shouldn't be able to continue adventuring on the character I've spent 1500 hours on in classic? And that I should have to re-do all the quests, factions, weapon skills etc? Who the hell would EVER play TBC if you can't continue the characters.

Your post gotta be the most stupid I've ever read on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So your greed demands Blizzard invalidate thousands of people investment of potentially thousands of hours in the game. That really sounds far more damaging to the health of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I got enough gold to last me through TBC, and into WotLK. And I wouldn't mind them wiping it to actually fix the economy. Because at the moment it's stupid af how it is.

If we go into TBC with all the gold players have now, everything will be extremely expensive thus new players wont have a chance to buy anything they need from AH. Materials will be through the roof. Look at how the economy was after WoD when everyone just printed mad cash from Garrison. Materials was insanely expensive, and botting became a LOT bigger than what it was.

That's kinda what will happen now, people have been doing too many raw gold farms, inflating the prices of everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    What I hear is "people are making an effort to have gold and we can't have that".
    Going on a website and type in your credit card info is hardly called effort. And yes, that is what most are doing. Do a /who Stratholme, filled with botters doing raw farms 24/7, selling gold to raiders that can't self sustain anymore because of the stupid prices inflation have made.

This will only get worse come TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

So whats the problem with farming shit yourself? Why would any random scrub need to be able to buy his raid needs for money equal to a daily quest reward?
    And if so, why not make away with gold alltogether? Why not simply remove gold from the game if it is so problematic?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I mean if you look at it intelligently the only answer is a gold limit per copy and one copy per character per server. That is it and the problem is solved and I guarantee that is how they will be doing it.
    I would think they will just open two sets of realms with transfers available only in the same set for the first 6 months or so.

Classic continuation - players are free to copy/transfer characters
    Classic TBC - only new characters from fresh start.

This would be the cleanest, least amount of error thing to do with no limits/transfers/presets and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    1500g is a very low sum of gold tbh. A goldcap on transfer would benefit you GREATLY! As the cap would likely land alot higher than 1500g.

Id be fine with a 5k gold cap.

What ppl want to avoid is to have the tbc economy superinfluenced by players who have amassed over 10-200k gold (and im not talking about a few players here, theres alot of very rich players in classic). The effect of that would be that sought after crafting materials would increase in ah cost many fold.

5000g isn't a gold wipe. And my point is not that I have a lot of gold but that, with VERY minimal effort, even I have 1500g. So if you're really talking a wipe - no more than something like 50 or 100g - you're taking the gold of a LOT of people. For what? Because some of you chose not to play? Tough shit, that's not my problem.

One of the basics of game design is that you don't arbitrarily punish players or take things away from them just because. Choices need to have consequences (you didnt move out of the fire, so you died). A choice to NOT do something is no less a choice than a choice to DO something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    I really hope it's a fresh start just so I can drink the tears of the no-lifers who spent 10 hours a day for 9 months farming gold because they have nothing better to do with their lives.

This is the real reason most of you want to gold wipe and it's pathetic. You try to impugn those who have some gold as having nothing better to do with their lives... and don't realize the irony of that as you post that thought here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yes.

Imagine forcing people to play classic for several months before BC launches just to get ahead with gold..
    Imagine being the kind of person who thinks others should bear the consequences of their decision.
    Last edited by clevin; 2020-11-19 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    So whats the problem with farming shit yourself? Why would any random scrub need to be able to buy his raid needs for money equal to a daily quest reward?
    And if so, why not make away with gold alltogether? Why not simply remove gold from the game if it is so problematic?
    I don't even know how to approach this train of thought. What are you even saying?

Also I love how you just say “go farm the shit yourself” when the things you need to farm are primals. Go ahead, try to farm primals yourself with no flying mount/epic flying in a world where blizzard leaves bots up nonstop. You go tell me how easy it is.
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-11-19 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I would think they will just open two sets of realms with transfers available only in the same set for the first 6 months or so.

Classic continuation - players are free to copy/transfer characters
    Classic TBC - only new characters from fresh start.

This would be the cleanest, least amount of error thing to do with no limits/transfers/presets and so on.
    1 copy per character per server with a gold limit of like 2500 is about fair. That is it, no other issues can arise from that and the AH is self regulating based on the total economy anyways.

It literally doesn't need to be more complicated than that.

I don't even know how to approach this train of thought. What are you even saying?

Also I love how you just say “go farm the shit yourself” when the things you need to farm are primals. Go ahead, try to farm primals yourself with no flying mount/epic flying in a world where blizzard leaves bots up nonstop. You go tell me how easy it is.
    So noone will be able to zone into a raid without a certain amount of primals farmed?
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    So noone will be able to zone into a raid without a certain amount of primals farmed?
    Whenever you’re done making ridiculous statements and want to have an honest conversation just let me know!

Whenever you’re done making ridiculous statements and want to have an honest conversation just let me know!
    The only thing ridiculous is the amount of assumptions you make about the need for a gold wipe for TBC servers.
    -Voltaire
    winning