Is devouring plague bugged?

Hey! I noticed today that devouring plague doesn't get additional damage when I'm refreshing it but according to spell description it should be doing more.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't look bugged to me, just tested on a dummy on Live, see below.
    DP #1

1088 (Crit)

2266 Total

DP #2

862 (Crit)
    633 (Crit)

2445 Total

DP #3 and #4 (instant cast one after the other)

1258 (Crit)
    1258 (Crit)
    947 (Crit)

5129 Total
    So not sure where you are looking but that looks right to me.
    Last edited by Venara; 2020-11-19 at 08:12 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by setha View Post
    Hey! I noticed today that devouring plague doesn't get additional damage when I'm refreshing it but according to spell description it should be doing more.
    All the dots do is add upon each other so you will usually always get the same amount of ticks from the damage depending on what buffs you have active, i wish they would bring back snapshotting as it added that extra bit of skill for the dot classes.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    All the dots do is add upon each other so you will usually always get the same amount of ticks from the damage depending on what buffs you have active, i wish they would bring back snapshotting as it added that extra bit of skill for the dot classes.
    While it did that, it also did other degenerate shit like make people use old raid trinkets or massively overvaluing weird on-use stuff, and so on. Ultimately they decided the bad outweighed the good.

Yeah, snapshotting had more downsides than it did good. Also it's not really viable anymore, in the current climate of having 10+ things that can proc at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    While it did that, it also did other degenerate shit like make people use old raid trinkets or massively overvaluing weird on-use stuff, and so on. Ultimately they decided the bad outweighed the good.
    It added another level of skill to set apart good from normal players, the rotations now are very boring and dont keep much interest at all, when snap shotting was in the game it was much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It added another level of skill to set apart good from normal players, the rotations now are very boring and dont keep much interest at all, when snap shotting was in the game it was much more interesting.
    Nobody is saying it wasn't more skill intensive, or that having more things in the game to showcase skill wouldn't be great.

But that's not ALL that snapshotting did.

Snapshotting also did a lot of not so good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Nobody is saying it wasn't more skill intensive, or that having more things in the game to showcase skill wouldn't be great.

But that's not ALL that snapshotting did.

Snapshotting also did a lot of not so good stuff.
    Snapshotting only gave a small boost for the characters that could take advantage of it so it never just made you go from bottom to top dps so there was no issues with it at all, it just gave that little bit more complexity so skilled players had something more to do other than the simple rotations WoW has.

The only reason it was removed is because players didnt understand it and didnt use it so the skilled players performed better, it wasnt a case of it being OP it was just to remove a level of skill the class required.