WoW Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - November 18, 2020

WoW Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - November 18, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

• Demon Hunter
      • General
        • Disrupt (Rank 2), Disrupt (Rank 3), Consume Magic (Rank 2), Immolation Aura (Rank 2), and Spectral Sight (Rank 2) bonus effects are now properly granted when unlocked.
      • Vengeance
        • Sigil of Silence (Rank 2) is now unlocked at level 47 (was level 48).

• Rogue
      • Assassination
        • Resolved an issue that prevented Shiv critical strikes from generating additional combo points with Seal Fate.

Creatures and NPCs

• Fixed an issue that caused Dunegorger Kraulok to not drop the mount, Mollie. Players that previously defeated Dunegorger Kraulok can defeat it again for a chance at its loot.

Items and Rewards

• The repeatable treasures in Tanaan Jungle now grant reduced experience.

Player versus Player

• Fixed an issue in the Twin Peaks battleground where flag carriers standing on the turn in point do not automatically capture the flag if the enemy flag is returned.

Professions

• Technique: Glyph of the Lightspawn now correctly requires Legion Inscription to learn the new skill.
    • Ore and herbs located inside the Draenor Garrison no longer grant experience when gathered.

User Interface

• Fixed an issue that removed the ability to connect to Twitter and post tweets from in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, i don't feel like cycling like 20 or so 50s for a chance at the mount.

Still.

Hotfixes like these always make me wonder what kind of weird exploit people have found this time that requires something like the XP for Garrison flowers to be removed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Fun detected. People are getting good experience from treasure hunting, mining and herbing! Nerf! Only questing, bgs and dungeons need to be efficient ways to earn exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Palemoon View Post
    Hotfixes like these always make me wonder what kind of weird exploit people have found this time that requires something like the XP for Garrison flowers to be removed.
    I've been levelling my Hunter recently via Chromie Time in WoD, and noticed that herbs in my Garrison were giving something like 1,500 XP each at level 48-49, which is, what, 18K XP or more for one round of herb gathering in that small space? For comparison, killing an equal level mob is a few hundred XP. I did most of level 49 from just logging in to herb a few times, so I'm not too surprised at a nerf.
    If oranges are orange, why aren't bananas yellow?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Fun detected. People are getting good experience from treasure hunting, mining and herbing! Nerf! Only questing, bgs and dungeons need to be efficient ways to earn exp.
    Seriously. Impersonating Blizzard by making bogus blueposts should be a bannable offense. Quit with that crap.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

This post is stupid. You could get entire levels from mining and gathering herbs in the Garrisons. It was obviously giving way too much exp and was obviously unintended.

Also there's nothing "fun" about picking a dozen herbs in a 20 yard radius. It was obviously unintentional and there was obviously something wrong with the exp.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Seriously. Impersonating Blizzard by making bogus blueposts should be a bannable offense. Quit with that crap.
    impersonating lol

this is just dumb style with 'blizzquote' tag for everyone
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account

Fixed an issue that removed the ability to connect to Twitter and post tweets from in game.
    Funny, I thought that would be considered an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Palemoon View Post
    Imagine levelling in the herb garden. Must have been a lot of XP for them to bother removing it.

Kuja thinks this is quote “fun” unquote.

Let’s all spend a few minutes thinking about the state of Kuja’s WoW experience, and whether they’d be better off doing something else with their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    Kuja thinks this is quote “fun” unquote.

Let’s all spend a few minutes thinking about the state of Kuja’s WoW experience, and whether they’d be better off doing something else with their time.
    There are literally players who level pandas to cap through mining and herbing.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Imagining getting upset over how someone else levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    There are literally players who level pandas to cap through mining and herbing.
    People leveling neutral pandas to cap one peacebloom at a time on the turtle is categorically different than selecting Draenor from Chromie with the intent to exploit wonky, imbalanced exp gains from the garrison mine.

Stop being disingenuous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Imagining getting upset over how someone else levels.
    Imagine not understanding a fixed exploit enough to post about it, but posting about it anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Right? Mining in your garrison for entire levels worth of exp in a handful of nodes is obviously intended as an alternative to actual game play and is a beloved, core aspect of WoW. I can't believe Blizz would do such a thing.

Next thing you know they'll take away druid multiboxing bot farms!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    People leveling neutral pandas to cap one peacebloom at a time on the turtle is categorically different than selecting Draenor from Chromie with the intent to exploit wonky, imbalanced exp gains from the garrison mine.

Stop being disingenuous.
    I wasn't, Peacemoon's post was criticising the activities that Kuja mentioned in their post as being fun and suggested otherwise by saying their time could be better spent doing something else. I made reference to Panda levelers specifically as, barring treasure hunting, those are the only activities that they are doing in order to level up and clearly they must find some sort of enjoyment in doing so to keep at it. The exp reward/gain is irrelevant to my point.

On a separate point, the exp removal of the garrison herb and mine nodes as opposed to a significant exp reduction in reference to the spawn rate, proximity and safety of the nodes completely contradicts their stance on neutral panda levelers considering they are very much the same in concept, the garrison and wandering isle are instanced areas where you don't have to worry about PvP interruptions, the main source of exp comes from gathering and it's possible to reach level cap doing so. The only difference being the spread and respawn rates of the gather locations and that the Garrison needed a reduction in exp gains to be brought in line with the same rate as Panda levelers.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Imagine not understanding a fixed exploit enough to post about it, but posting about it anyway.
    Something tells me neither do you, but hey, keep wasting energy on being upset over a trivial thing.