Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Can Men and Women just be friends?

Can Men and Women just be friends?
    Can men and women have a solely platonic relationship with each other?

I saw a video on Youtube (but can't seem to find it any more) where this person was asking random people this question and one girl says "No, because guys are horny as f*ck." Which I think is absolutely true. We are horny mother f**kers.

This isn't the video but just wanted to put this.

---
    Steve Harvey says no they can't be friends because men always think there is a chance (a crack in the door):

"In hopes that one day there will be a crack in the door and that he will, [without a doubt], slide in that crack the moment he get the opportunity. Because we're guys."

---
    The show Three's Company was all about this.
    Jack lived with two women, Janet and Chrissy. But Jack had to pretend to be gay to his landlord, Mr. Roper, in order to continue living there.

---
    I think it could be a possiblity, but still unsure from everyone pretty much saying "no it is not possible men and women can never be just friends."

What do you guys think? Can men and women just be friends?
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2020-11-19 at 04:32 AM.

Yes.

It's not difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to be seriously oversexed and have all the self-control of a 13-year-old who's just hit puberty for this to be true. Guys who say this shit are just trying to excuse their own predatory behaviour.

Yes. Yes they can.

Anyone who thinks otherwise has the emotional maturity of a teenager going through puberty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    . Guys who say this shit are just trying to excuse their own predatory behaviour.
    Indeed. There's something really creepy and deeply sexist about this whole idea. That odd type of sexism that de means all genders involved.

Also rarely do people who come up with this nonsense really go down the rabbit hole of their own logic...

Can a gay man and a straight man just be friends?

Can two gay men just be friends?

What about a bi man and a straight man?

What about two gay women? Etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol they link the same "allegedly" random video.

I think the OP is trying to boost his youtube channel.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    As long as both parties are honest in their intentions, yes. Not really that different than two women or two men forming a platonic friendship, at the end of the day.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the absolutely can.
    Here is something to believe in!

Yes, they can. But I think generally there's some sexual desire from one party or the other involved in most male/female friendships.

Of my close female friends, one I've had feelings for since college and never said anything, the others I probably would entertain the idea of hooking up/dating if they brought it up, and there's one I honestly have no romantic/sexual interest in, but she does have interest in me (even sent me *very* unsolicited nudes).

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post

What do you guys think? Can men and women just be friends?
    Here's a big old spoiler about three's company

They're just friends

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    Can men and women have a solely platonic relationship with each other?
    No if there's a single man and a single woman of the same age and they only have a platonic relationship forever then I'd assume one of them is out of the other person's league. The less desirable party may pretend they are in a mutually platonic relationship when they have actually been friend zoned.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-11-19 at 07:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, even if you've banged.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

yes.

and the biggest proof is... all these guys who complain about friendzone, are also often the ones who have no issue finding variety of women unattractive to them. they also have no issue with not being attracted to female close relatives. its not that men and women in general cannot be friends. its that these particular men do not want to be friends in a first place. if you are not related to them - you are either fuckable on nonentity to them. people who do not divide others into fuckable or non-fuckable category - have no issue being friends with all kinds of other people.

Ofc they can - as long as they are normal people.

only ones who claim that they cant are miserable people who fail in life and are desperate to find GF - and in this desperation they approach them from "first being friend position"

i have/had a lot of female friends - with some of them i was involwed in past with some i wasnt but friendship with them was never a problem for me.

tbh now that i think about it i always surrounded myself more with women then men - for example in school and in Uni - i do have few male friends - the same for past 20 years but i never felt the need to have more - while new friendships with women alsways started very organicly and "just happened"

some of those friendships naturaly weakend over the years as people moved on -started families etc and simply dont have time for friendships anymore. but its natural process in my eyes

the older we are the less time we have for other people

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Yes, even if you've banged.
    sometimes the reason for her being angry at you is that you didnt bang her

i had such situation once in Uni - i had this female friend for like over they year - she had husband and told me many times that she doesnt want to cheat on him

then one day - my birthsday - she knew i was alone so she invited me - send her husband fishing - and even invited her one friend - later there was a lot of alcohol and she evidently wanted to have threesome - but since i remembered all the time she was saying how she doesnt want to cheat then i send her sleeping and focused on her friend

she didnt speak to me for next 2 month - later when we finally spoken and patched things i learned that the reason she was furious with me was that i chosen her friend and didnt choose them both :P we are friends till this day - even though it was more then 10 years ago .

women are amazing complicated little creatures
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-11-19 at 08:17 AM.

Absolutely they can. Its about the mindset. If one of them goes into the friendship and then is like "you know, I bet theres a chance we could hook up", then it becomes difficult to maintain one. There will always be that thought in the back of their mind that somewhat gets their actions to align in a way that might make it happen. If they understand from the start that no, that'll never be the case, then its absolutely possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I think it's time to abandon gaming forums, as 16 year olds just suck.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Well, you got the expected answers from this forum, but I agree with Steve Harvey. I think the question should be more specific. Can a guy be just friends with an attractive girl. Nope. Can you CONTROL yourself? Yes, of course. but he is right, say she suggests (assuming the guy is single.... or even if not, for some) getting physical, the guy will 99.9% of the time. I can think of one girl in my life who I really was just friends with and that's because she liked computer games and wasn't the typical left winger in college but I didn't find her attractive. But if it was her mind in a hot body? No way could we just be friends, I'd just be "in waiting" just as the two linked videos describe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Well, you got the expected answers from this forum, but I agree with Steve Harvey. I think the question should be more specific. Can a guy be just friends with an attractive girl. Nope. Can you CONTROL yourself? Yes, of course. but he is right, say she suggests (assuming the guy is single.... or even if not, for some) getting physical, the guy will 99.9% of the time. I can think of one girl in my life who I really was just friends with and that's because she liked computer games and wasn't the typical left winger in college but I didn't find her attractive. But if it was her mind in a hot body? No way could we just be friends, I'd just be "in waiting" just as the two linked videos describe.
    and what is exackly wrong about geting physical if both parties want it ?

normal person has no problem in differenciaing between sex and having feelings for each other.

i get it that it may ofend a lot of puritans but there is really nothing wrong with having casual sex .

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this myth that people can't be friends with people of the gender they are attracted to needs to die.

Formerly known as Arafal