Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I'm skeptical of that because every time I've seen an available man and woman in the same age group who claim to be 100% content just being friends I always get the sense that it's actually because one of them is less adequate than the other and that their purely platonic friendship is just the result of an asymmetry. I've personally never seen an equal sided platonic friendship between available and straight men and women.
    You have no female friends? Do you have any friends?

It always feels like if the girl is not your GF, you are never her friend.

I do have like few female friends, the only thing I consider them my friends because I always participate in events or going out with them. Like going out to a art show, or video game events etc.

So if a female doesn't talk to you at all and she never has anything to do with you, you better delete her social media, and permanent remove her, looking at her dating partners also make it even worse.
    Last edited by PokeKitty; 2020-11-20 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    i would assume people like that are sexualy starved thats why they thinks like that.

that kind of behaviour as he tries to push assumes that attractiveness is the only factor in relationships disregarding milion other factors that decide whether people want to be together. so what if girl is atractive if she is lazy or has bad charakter - that kind of girl ofc is f...ckable but you wouldnt want to be with her .

i have very good friend like that - she is extremly attractive - we hooked up couple of times but i never would want to be with her - as she is needy like f.... - you have to dance around her 24/7 and if you dont she is giving hell to her boyfriends - but still she is amazing friend , very fun to talk to and spend time from time to time and she helped me few times in past decade .

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes I have female family friends but we're happily married to seperate people. Like I said earlier my argument is that this question only applies to single people where you control for variables like age.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-11-20 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i would assume people like that are sexualy starved thats why they thinks like that.

that kind of behaviour as he tries to push assumes that attractiveness is the only factor in relationships disregarding milion other factors that decide whether people want to be together. so what if girl is atractive if she is lazy or has bad charakter - that kind of girl ofc is f...ckable but you wouldnt want to be with her .

i have very good friend like that - she is extremly attractive - we hooked up couple of times but i never would want to be with her - as she is needy like f.... - you have to dance around her 24/7 and if you dont she is giving hell to her boyfriends - but still she is amazing friend , very fun to talk to and spend time from time to time and she helped me few times in past decade .
    I really pity the guy, seems like nobody even wants to interacts with the guy IRL based on that post, wonder if this forum is his only human interaction. Like he's basing off people friendships from a distance, from the sound of that post, it's kind of creepy to be honest. Doesn't even understand the basic understanding of any kind of relationship, like you said. Very weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I have female family friends but we're happily married to seperate people. Like I said earlier my argument is that this question only applies to single people where you control for variables like age.
    right.... yeah nobody believes that.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-11-20 at 11:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really pity the guy, seems like nobody even wants to interacts with the guy IRL based on that post, wonder if this forum is his only human interaction. Like he's basing off people friendships from a distance, from the sound of that post, it's kind of creepy to be honest. Doesn't even understand the basic understanding of any kind of relationship, like you said. Very weird.

- - - Updated - - -

right.... yeah nobody believes that... people aren't scary, try talking to one.
    lol you're saying I don't have a family? Everybody has a family and human interaction. You can believe whatever you want since it has no real effect on my life.

lol you're saying I don't have a family? Everybody has a family and human interaction. You can believe whatever you want since it has no real effect on my life.
    I'm saying your not married. I'm glad you have family members who talk to you though and care for you.

Yes.

Honestly the question seems a bit ridiculous to me. If you can't maintain friendships with people of the opposite sex (or even more complicated, all sexes, for bisexuals) then I'd instinctually say you have grown up in a vastly different culture from me - but perhaps that is not issue either, as I know that people of my culture (e.g. "Swedish") can still believe it's not possible. So I'd ultimately say that it has something to do with your views on other people, empathy, sociability, and/or prejudice.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying your not married. I'm glad you have family members who talk to you though and care for you.
    Cool, you can believe whatever you want.

How does this relate to the thread though? In a thread you should talk about 'ideas' and arguments and not the people inside the thread.

Cool, you can believe whatever you want.

How does this relate to the thread though? In a thread you should talk about 'ideas' and arguments and not the people inside the thread.
    don't tell me what to do. I'm sorry you don't have any friends outside your relatives. have a day.

7+ Year Old Account
    don't tell me what to do. I'm sorry you don't have any friends outside your relatives. have a day.
    lol why do you take everything so personal? You're the Catholic guy who sent me an angry PM with expletives after our conversation about abortion and spirituality... I'm sorry if I offended you and it was not my intention to create a personal conflict with you. I apologize.

lol why do you take everything so personal? You're the Catholic guy who sent me an angry PM with expletives after our conversation about abortion and spirituality... I'm sorry if I offended you and it was not my intention to create a personal conflict with you. I apologize.
    dude, nobody likes you here.

and yeah at the time i was offended, but I didn't know much about you at the time, now that i do, nothing you say offends me. Because your well, i'll explain it like you want. Your idea's, all of them are shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    dude, nobody likes you here.
    I wouldn't post here if everyone liked my arguments and agrees with me. In fact there's no point in even having a thread where you like and agree with everyone in the thread.
    and yeah at the time i was offended, but I didn't know much about you at the time, now that i do, nothing you say offends me. Because your well, i'll explain it like you want. Your idea's, all of them are shit.
    Okay but you would need to explain why that is the case in order to advance our understanding of the topic.

I wouldn't post here if everyone liked my arguments and agrees with me. In fact there's no point in even having a thread where you like and agree with everyone in the thread.

Okay but you would need to explain why that is the case in order to advance our understanding of the topic.
    So you post here just to disagree with everyone? great.

also I don't need to explain why your ideas are bad at all.

whatever. have a day. done with your lies for the day.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stay civil and reel it back in.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I have gay friends....I am a gay guy....

10+ Year Old Account
    I get along far better with women, than I do with men. The same characteristics that make women feel comfortable around me, are the same ones than makes men question their own masculinity. I have no control over it... I am a very friendly giant... kids and animals, literally flock to me... while men are uncomfortable around me.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I have gay friends....I am a gay guy....
    Nope, this is wrong. You should clearly want to fuck any guy you want to be friends with. Thats the only right way according to @PC2
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Nope, this is wrong. You should clearly want to fuck any guy you want to be friends with. Thats the only right way according to @PC2
    They probably do.

I'm envisioning massive orgies.
    Last edited by Sorensen; 2020-11-20 at 02:28 PM.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    They probably do.

I'm assuming massive orgies.
    This would have been far more amusing, if you said envision, instead of assuming... -10 sarcasm points...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Don't worry I fix
    Points have been returned!!!
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-20 at 02:50 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi