Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post

Quite the interesting video for you, if you find the time to watch it. There's plenty of money for these people. It's just not being spent the right way.
    I didnt think anyone would be dumb enough to post that video. But here we are.

KOMO4 is a Sinclair Corp owned station. They're contractually obligated to make one video a year that "bashes the Libs for ruining Seattle."

It's mostly a copyasta of last year's.

Yada yada, Seattle has died, lost its soul every year now for like the umpteenth year in a row.

Sorry Karen, no one here misses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    https://twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/sta...32209407836170

Follow this thread to get a clue why your Congress is a room full of clowns...
    Serious question, is this bill JUST about Covid or is it a general spending bill for 2021 that also includes Covid relief?

It's just about covid19 relief...
    Unfortunately state and local funding weren't in the bill.
    Non-essential personnel haven't worked for months now. And I think I heard that Philadelphia only has two days of funding left for essential personnel.

...interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    I didnt think anyone would be dumb enough to post that video. But here we are.

KOMO4 is a Sinclair Corp owned station. They're contractually obligated to make one video a year that "bashes the Libs for ruining Seattle."

It's mostly a copyasta of last year's.

Yada yada, Seattle has died, lost its soul every year now for like the umpteenth year in a row.

I'll be sure to watch that one as well, but the point still stands, and it's not party affiliated on who is responsible. I don't care on what party someone is in local politics, if your politics say that crime shouldn't be punished, and that people who are arrested who committed crimes who are addicted drugs aren't sentenced to rehab, your politics suck. There are problems in the city, and they are being pushed off to other people, or kicked down the street. The main point of the video is these people need to be sentenced to rehab, and not just be turned back to the streets. Again, there's plenty of money, it's being spent the wrong way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's just about covid19 relief...
    Unfortunately state and local funding weren't in the bill.
    Non-essential personnel haven't worked for months now. And I think I heard that Philadelphia only has two days of funding left for essential personnel.

...interesting times.
    sadly people will still vote in the same losers who put them into this terrible position. I'm with the maga tards. vote blue in georgia. Fuck the GOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quite the interesting video for you, if you find the time to watch it. There's plenty of money for these people. It's just not being spent the right way.
    15 min mark... their example is a person with 17 convictions... 3 stays in state prison... doesn’t it invalidate their entire premise? The first 15 min states a problem, that is contradicted by her assertion. I stopped watching after that...

By the way, I am from Seattle... this CHAZ 2 is in Portland, not Seattle... also, that video used a lot tricks in its reporting... As if the Seattle were they are interviewing people that agree with them, is different than the one block they exemplify.

This is where I knew what actually was going on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOMO_(AM)
    Owner: Sinclair Broadcast Group

Turmoil inside KOMO News as conservative owner Sinclair mandates talking points
    https://www.seattletimes.com/enterta...alking-points/

C- for effort... only stole 15 min...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post

God damn it... it took me 15 min to figure it out... lol

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be sure to watch that one as well, but the point still stands, and it's not party affiliated on who is responsible. I don't care on what party someone is in local politics, if your politics say that crime shouldn't be punished, and that people who are arrested who committed crimes who are addicted drugs aren't sentenced to rehab, your politics suck. There are problems in the city, and they are being pushed off to other people, or kicked down the street. The main point of the video is these people need to be sentenced to rehab, and not just be turned back to the streets. Again, there's plenty of money, it's being spent the wrong way.
    Here is a quick question... if crime isn’t punished... How was the woman at the 15 min mark, convicted 17 times and in jail twice? Doesn’t seem like their assertion is either true or effective...

That video is tricking you... it’s propaganda by a conservative outlet, that pushes talking points, by people who don’t live here.

Edit: Another big one, I almost forgot. Why did they space footage of CHAZ, with footage of a council meeting that took place months prior? Doesn’t it imply that one is a response to the other? Also, putting that much weight on random people talking to council member is strange... want to see a compilation of people claiming covid is sent by Satan at council meetings? It’s... strange...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-12-22 at 12:07 AM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

The $900 billion pandemic relief package might be too big to fail, but it's also too big to read. At more than 5,000 pages, it would be the longest bill ever passed by Congress. Lawmakers are rushing it through practically sight unseen. https://t.co/6EffRIrH6U
    https://twitter.com/AP/status/1341184951090352128?s=19

This will turn out horrible. I can't remember but Congressman when interviewed replied in a joking, but true statement they never read the bills.

So stating again Dems are no angels, but we will see what the Republicans have hidden in the bill. Yes, the 3 martini lunch tax break has been mentioned.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

This will turn out horrible. I can't remember but Congressman when interviewed replied in a joking, but true statement they never read the bills.

So stating again Dems are no angels, but we will see what the Republicans have hidden in the bill. Yes, the 3 martini lunch tax break has been mentioned.
    Another provision that's surfaced - even if we knew of its existence for a week - is one where you could become slapped with Felony Charges if you receive a DMCA claim on a video/stream. And while individuals claim that it's mostly to punish folks who use other people's music to make money and allow smaller IP holders to more easily receive compensation when their IPs are used, that's operating under the assumption that massive corporations haven't been abusing draconian copyright laws for decades to fuck people over.

It's sad that this bill is the best we get after six fucking months of negotiation. Another "we gotta pass it to see what's in it" situation, only both parties have backed up the trucks filled with pig entrails to load it up with pork. Wonder exactly how much this bill is spending on Covid and how much is spent on other stuff. This year has taught me one thing. When the chips are down and our leaders absolutely need to get something done, they are completely inept and will resort to backstabbing, pet project negotiations, and stonewalling just to make a point. And, they all got voted back in.

5,000 pages? I eagerly await the youtube videos breaking down the spending of this bill, because it's gonna be comical.
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

This remains a problem, just as it was when Republicans passed the tax cut they hadn't even read.

I get it, time is a factor. But let's remember who came to the negotiating table at the last second and helped contribute towards this rushed bullshit.

I ain't gonna say that Democrats voting on it without reading are free of blame here, they're not, nor is the leadership that's rushing to get this passed. But Democrats had bills months ago and this could have been done long before it could be used by anyone as an electoral issue.

There really needs to be a law that lawmakers be required to have a week to review legislation, which is made public, before a vote is called. I hate that we need to legislate such basic shit as this, but apparently that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This remains a problem, just as it was when Republicans passed the tax cut they hadn't even read.

I get it, time is a factor. But let's remember who came to the negotiating table at the last second and helped contribute towards this rushed bullshit.

I ain't gonna say that Democrats voting on it without reading are free of blame here, they're not, nor is the leadership that's rushing to get this passed. But Democrats had bills months ago and this could have been done long before it could be used by anyone as an electoral issue.

There really needs to be a law that lawmakers be required to have a week to review legislation, which is made public, before a vote is called. I hate that we need to legislate such basic shit as this, but apparently that's the case.
    The thing is, lawmakers are kind of put there to do that kind of crap. They have staff for it, and they've had this many months to know what would be in the bill, minus whatever last minute deals were made. The funny thing, is that unless a bill is for classified stuff, most bills are public record. So we have the ability to just go read them. Unfortunately most Americans are too lazy to do it, hence why our leaders are also too lazy.

I'd be interested to see what other countries have to deal with as far as "not reading the legislation that is being passed", like what is their equivalent to that. Like, it was kind of interesting to see Boris Johnson in front of Parliament the first time on TV, but after that it just started to look like another Trump rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

@Fincayra. Yes, the problem is the eff around and then cause nothing is done they just pass a bill that can be filled. This is where we piss off most of the masses and the people that vote. But again, the problem is they vote what 90% of the time for their incumbent. So let's keep the Mitch McConnell focused and say the majority of Kentuckians will never vote this guy out. Having the (R) beside him is huge, but not seeing McConnell is destroying the nation as a whole, should be a reason no to re-elect.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

So.... how far did you guys get into the 5,000 page yearly omnibus spending bill before realizing ya'll got rick rolled?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/24/hous...orts-them.html

Democrats in the house are trying to pass a 2k check instead of 600. So basically they're trying to bribe us with some of our own money to shut up about the spending bill. And, of course, the republicans plan to block it. So, i don't really know who the bad guys are here. Still gonna go with both...

Except the extra special bad guy: from the story, If Trump does not sign the legislation in the coming days, about 12 million people would lose unemployment benefits on Saturday, and the government would shut down on Tuesday. So perfect way to end the year, right? Trump shutdown 2.0. Great way to say farewell to the country.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/24/hous...orts-them.html

Democrats in the house are trying to pass a 2k check instead of 600. So basically they're trying to bribe us with some of our own money to shut up about the spending bill. And, of course, the republicans plan to block it. So, i don't really know who the bad guys are here. Still gonna go with both...
    Trump himself asked for $2k to be sent to people, instead of $600. Democrats are just jumping on that to get people more support that is desperately needed.

Who is the bad guy here? I think it should be pretty bloody obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Trump himself asked for $2k to be sent to people, instead of $600. Democrats are just jumping on that to get people more support that is desperately needed.

Who is the bad guy here? I think it should be pretty bloody obvious.
    yep, it's all in the article

Democrats in the house are trying to pass a 2k check instead of 600. So basically they're trying to bribe us with some of our own money to shut up about the spending bill. And, of course, the republicans plan tto block it
    If that's how you want to see it... Personally I prefer to think of it as returning some of my tax money.

yep, it's all in the article
    That Republicans are clearly the "bad guys"? Good.

They already passed a 600$ stimulus, but Trump vetoed it, saying 2k is needed for him to sign it... with 2 days until unemployment ends.

I also find it interesting, that you think your own money being used to help you during a crisis, is a bribe. Does an ATM bribe you to get money out when you need it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If that's how you want to see it... Personally I prefer to think of it as returning some of my tax money.
    The unemployment extension from the first stimulus, ends tomorrow... This week was the last week to file unemployment.

Movement on new federal stimulus package has paused

A new stimulus package with changes and extensions for unemployment benefits passed Congress on Dec. 21. However, it has not yet been signed into law.

Sat. Dec. 26 is the latest it can be signed into law without affecting two benefit programs.

If the bill doesn’t become law on or before Saturday Dec. 26, Employment Security Department won’t be able to issue benefits for two federal programs the claim week ending Jan. 2:

Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
    Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)

Once the bill is signed, we'll send another update with more info about availability of benefits.

If you’re receiving PUA or PEUC benefits, keep filing your weekly claims.

The Employment Security Department continues preparing to implement these changes as quickly and smoothly as possible once they become law. We’re also tracking developments closely and sharing updates on our website and social media as they become available.

Next steps

Continue filing weekly claims - even if you've exhausted your claim.
    Watch for updates on esd.wa.gov/covid and messages in eServices.
    Avoid calling the unemployment claims center with questions - call volume remains high
    If you absolutely must call the claims center about another issue, we encourage calling in the afternoon to avoid early hours when our call volume is highest.

When we have specific information about next steps for our customers, we’ll be communicating directly via email and eServices.
    Edit: @Fincayra you know what’s even sadder? I ain’t getting the 600 or the 2k, yet seem to have less of an issue with this “bribe” than those that it’s supposed to help. My gf will get one, but I won’t... despite being furloughed for 4 months in the summer. I got the above email from unemployment, because I was filling on furlough. I thankfully, came back to work, before getting an extension on the “bribe” of unemployment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That Republicans are clearly the "bad guys"? Good.
    It’s what I keep pointing out. The solution of republicans to save manufacturing and energy jobs, is to send our money through subsidies, to millionaire corporate goons. It’s the new, or I guess the 80s version, of helping the workers... you only earn anything, if it spills out of job creator’s pockets.

Remember the Trump GOP argument after their tax cut? Think of the bonus you get from work! Which shows the honest way to get money... you send it to rich people and let them choose how much of it you deserve as a bonus. Let’s call the amount they keep, as a fee for patting us on the head for a job well done.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically they're trying to bribe us with some of our own money to shut up about the spending bill.
    Don’t worry... GOP in the house just blocked voting on it... you get your way... GOP is too clever to let democrats bribe you, into ignoring the spending bill.

Might not have any money, but you still got yo pride of not being bribed by democrats... if only we had more republicans, to stand up to issues that matter to you most... like being bribed by democrats... live in a box, before that happens!!! Am I right? :/
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-12-24 at 02:35 PM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Don’t worry... GOP in the house just blocked voting on it... you get your way... GOP is too clever to let democrats bribe you, into ignoring the spending bill.

Might not have any money, but you still got yo pride of not being bribed by democrats... if only we had more republicans, to stand up to issues that matter to you most... like being bribed by democrats... live in a box, before that happens!!! Am I right? :/
    Yeah thank god, my pride is intact. The politicians I hate didn't bribe me, and the politicians I really hate blocked it. And, the politician who is really showing his true colors as his presidency winds down will block it all. GG America, huh?

Yeah thank god, my pride is intact. The politicians I hate didn't bribe me, and the politicians I really hate blocked it. And, the politician who is really showing his true colors as his presidency winds down will block it all. GG America, huh?
    Wow, all those poor people in Seattle. They could have used that $2000. You threw them under the bus of bothsides super fast.

But no one really believed you cared. GG indeed. Life must be easy when you treat it like a vidya game.