Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,870
    $600, or $2000 I'm dropping half on JRP merch and the other half on gifted subs in AOCs twitch channel.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  2. #222
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    2,428
    Honestly I'm really trying to figure out the GOP Game Plan here.

    Running on the idea that even they think that clutching their pearls about the deficit is a bunch of bunk (As evidenced by the last three years of not caring), what's the motivation for fighting so goddamn hard to give American Taxpayers next to nothing after nine months of refusing to do anything? Like even from a 'Well they're beholden to corporations' standpoint it doesn't make sense, because if the Middle and Lower class become poor, they're not funneling money into the economy and domestic profit margins begin to sink. And, even more selfishly, you'd think they'd vote for higher checks to make them not look like heartless monsters to increase their chances of taking the Senate runoffs. And even more selfishly then /that/, if it was about being so fucking petulant that they wouldn't want to approve a popular idea if because Democrats wanted it, you'd think Trump's flippant support of higher payouts would've been enough - if not the outcry from their own base - to shift the 'blame' onto him if they voted to agree to a higher payment?

    Like the only thing I can think of is that they're specifically engineering an economic crisis so they can blame the ensuing crash on Biden's admin (which their propaganda arm will gleefully do) and then take back power in 2022.

  3. #223
    Please make sure to thank Bernie Sanders for this instead of constantly shitting on him, moderates.



    https://prospect.org/politics/democr...ers-mcconnell/
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2020-12-29 at 04:26 AM.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Please make sure to thank Bernie Sanders for this instead of constantly shitting on him, moderates.



    https://prospect.org/politics/democr...ers-mcconnell/
    Sometimes I think that if Sanders were the nominee instead of Biden, then:

    Defund the Police would mean no longer pay the salary of cops that delight in brutalizing blacks, which is the original intent of the phrase in the first place, and the process of Defunding the racist Police officers would be already happening.

    Socialism would be properly applied with the American definition of the word, which means any program that funnels money to middle class, working class, or poor Americans, and would be considered acceptable by enough Americans that a proper stimulus package that benefits non-millionaires would already be written and ready for Pelosi and Schumer to introduce on January 21.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Sometimes I think that if Sanders were the nominee instead of Biden, then:

    Defund the Police would mean no longer pay the salary of cops that delight in brutalizing blacks, which is the original intent of the phrase in the first place, and the process of Defunding the racist Police officers would be already happening.

    Socialism would be properly applied with the American definition of the word, which means any program that funnels money to middle class, working class, or poor Americans, and would be considered acceptable by enough Americans that a proper stimulus package that benefits non-millionaires would already be written and ready for Pelosi and Schumer to introduce on January 21.
    Much of Bernie Sanders' proposed policies for his campaign were done by executive order, so he didn't even need Pelosi/Schumer to agree to them. He had a day one plan to make marijuana legal through executive order by rescheduling it, and cancel all federal student debt. We wouldn't even have to be worrying about the Georgia runoffs, Senate races, or the midterms, because he'd actually be using executive action to get real, actual progress done.

    Now we're gonna watch Biden pretend like he can't do anything at all after 4 years of watching Trump just do whatever he wanted through executive order. Gimme a fucking break.

  6. #226
    I am Murloc! gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    5,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I already knew Tyson chicken was garbage, but this further clenches the fact that I will never ever buy their chicken. In fact, I'm going to be extremely sad if this whole mess doesn't topple Tyson. They need to be disbanded and torn apart. Fuck the economic consequences, this is just fucking toxic.
    I normally don't buy Tyson because their raw meat is over priced along with Foster Farms and their nuggets & the such are not that much better than other off-brands I can get. Hell I actually prefer the dinosaur chicken nuggets for plain chicken nuggets. They're usually the cheapest ones in the store per ounce and decent tasting lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Here's other brands Tyson owns
    https://www.tysonfoods.com/our-brands
    OK so THIS really upsets me because after reading this article the OP posted I planned on never buying anything Tyson brand again. This is going to prove difficult because my breakfast every day is the Jimmy Dean sausage, egg, and cheese muffin since most other stuff upsets my stomach after I had my bypass. I guess I can start buying store brand ones instead but Jesus H Christ that's going to be difficult because several times since the pandemic hit all brands of those muffin sandwiches have been scarce lol

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Much of Bernie Sanders' proposed policies for his campaign were done by executive order, so he didn't even need Pelosi/Schumer to agree to them. He had a day one plan to make marijuana legal through executive order by rescheduling it, and cancel all federal student debt. We wouldn't even have to be worrying about the Georgia runoffs, Senate races, or the midterms, because he'd actually be using executive action to get real, actual progress done.

    Now we're gonna watch Biden pretend like he can't do anything at all after 4 years of watching Trump just do whatever he wanted through executive order. Gimme a fucking break.
    I agree with this quote from up above:

    Like the only thing I can think of is that they're specifically engineering an economic crisis so they can blame the ensuing crash on Biden's admin (which their propaganda arm will gleefully do) and then take back power in 2022.
    If democrats are going to avoid a blood bath in 2022, they are going to need to demonstrate some positive results in 2021. As Cubby pointed out, overcoming the virus is expected and won't even really count as an accomplishment <which really sucks and is unfair, but that's reality>.

    Fixing the economy, which Cubby has identified as Biden's number 1 priority, really will mean putting some major amounts of money into the pockets of middle class, working class, and poor Americans, including Trump supporters. There is no economic mathematical way around that.

    Hopefully one of two things happens: a sufficient amount of money is sent out, and the money does a decent job of stabilizing the American economy

    OR

    If republicans are able to keep it from happening, which would really suck, it is because they had to fight hard to stop it, the fault is clearly on them for the bad things happening, and republicans basically disappear in 2022.

    The $2k payments that Sanders presumably will be pushing for moves the country exactly in the right direction. Hopefully Biden and Sanders are coordinating for maximum political mileage for democrats, with maximum odds of success, and with a campaign to "talk the talk" afterwards so that democrats also politically win the discussions after the actions happen.

  8. #228
    TODAY...
    Minority Leader Schumer attempts to pass House-backed legislation to increase Covid stimulus payments from $600 to $2,000 by unanimous consent.

    Senate Majority Leader McConnell objects.


  9. #229
    Brewmaster Slirith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gamindustri
    Posts
    1,308
    This turtle is the only species I'll be glad when it goes extinct.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ52sXi0ke4 What every new person to online games should watch

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    TODAY...
    Minority Leader Schumer attempts to pass House-backed legislation to increase Covid stimulus payments from $600 to $2,000 by unanimous consent.

    Senate Majority Leader McConnell objects.

    McConnelll does the Mitch360.
    He Turns around and walks away from anny assistance to low income Americans.

  11. #231
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    This turtle is the only species I'll be glad when it goes extinct.
    He is providing cover for GA, negating Trump’s attack... you won’t get GOP on record, if the vote is blocked.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  12. #232
    But I thought it was Democrats who were the ones why we couldn't get the $1,200 stimulus and Pelosi was responsible for everything and "BOTH SIDES" and oh this is fucking pathetic at this point.

  13. #233
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But I thought it was Democrats who were the ones why we couldn't get the $1,200 stimulus and Pelosi was responsible for everything and "BOTH SIDES" and oh this is fucking pathetic at this point.
    They don’t post in these threads... they are bitching about democrats pushing austerity in another thread. Like the Trump shit show thread, this is an inconvenient truth thread.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    McConnelll does the Mitch360.
    He Turns around and walks away from anny assistance to low income Americans.
    While his home state Kentucky is one of the worst hit economically and his constituents desperately need the help. Sadly those people are so fucking inebriated on the Republican kool-aid they will never go against Republicans even as they take the last scrap of food off their plates. Hence why they keep voting for the Russian turtle and Rand Paul over and over again.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/kentucky-...130940444.html

  15. #235
    Sanders tried to set up a vote on the House bill for Wednesday. When McConnell objected, Sanders blocked the GOP leader from scheduling a quick vote on overriding Trump's veto of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).

    Politicking...sometimes funny...sometimes sad. And those rare moments when it's both.

  16. #236
    but but guys this is because pelosi eats expensive ice cream and is out of touch......

    that is why we can't have 2k
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  17. #237
    The Lightbringer zEmini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    3,394
    What I want to say about turtle fuckhead McConnell would get me banned. I guess the shinning light might mean more Georgians voting democrat

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    What I want to say about turtle fuckhead McConnell would get me banned. I guess the shinning light might mean more Georgians voting democrat
    It would be so delightful if the core center of the Republican party (McConnell) and the fringe lunacy that is taking over the Republican party (Lin Wood/Sidney Powell) join forces to help Werner/Ossoff in landslide victories.

  19. #239
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,661
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    What I want to say about turtle fuckhead McConnell would get me banned. I guess the shinning light might mean more Georgians voting democrat
    The reason why he is blocking it, instead of voting it down, is to protect GA. It lets Loaffer and Perdue claim they support it, without voting on it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    While his home state Kentucky is one of the worst hit economically and his constituents desperately need the help. Sadly those people are so fucking inebriated on the Republican kool-aid they will never go against Republicans even as they take the last scrap of food off their plates. Hence why they keep voting for the Russian turtle and Rand Paul over and over again.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/kentucky-...130940444.html
    Ya it's gobsmackingly stupid ... until Rand Paul butts his head into the discourse.



    And people wonder why I have such a hate boner for Libertarians.
    Look, I dont begrudge kids that go through a libertarian phase. But the adults that never grow past it .... ugh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •